Old 05-27-2020, 07:02 AM   #1
nepenthe
Human being with feelings

Default Envelope move/copy to other track

Hello! Is there a quick way to take envelope points from one track and move them to another? I’ve tried copy/pasting but so far the results have been hit or miss. What I am doing is just selecting all the media items and copying them to a new track which also copies their automation data. I’m just wondering if there’s a way to do this without copying the media items.

I’m working with automation data extracted from Premiere AAFs. The audio files are split stereo so I have 2 sets of automation for everything. Since automation edits can’t be grouped I’m just trying to find a way to consolidate the envelope points to one track so I don’t have to keep editing left/right track automation separately. So I just create a track folder for the split stereo files and automate this submix rather than the individual tracks. So just looking for a tool that can help with this because it adds several minutes to the session setup when I have to do this for dozens of tracks.
nepenthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 07:49 AM   #2
valy

What about this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eLjFKgv4bg
valy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 09:29 AM   #3
nepenthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by valy View Post
Cliff’s notes? I’m pretty busy in the studio and don’t have time to watch a video. Thanks though

What I’m currently doing is selecting all the media items in a track, dragging them to the submix - this brings all the automation. Then disabling automation-follows-items and dragging them off of the submix back to a mono track from my mix template. Plus a couple other things. This seems to get the job done for now. IDK if automation could be grouped that would be super helpful.
Old 05-27-2020, 11:02 AM   #4
valy

Well unfortunately, I am busy as well and don't have time to try to explain it better than that video in which Kenny already did a masterful job of it.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:52 PM   #5
nepenthe

Quote:
Originally Posted by valy View Post
Well unfortunately, I am busy as well and don't have time to try to explain it better than that video in which Kenny already did a masterful job of it.
Perhaps he can masterfully write a blog post so old guys like me can scan through it looking for relevant info rather than sitting around for 15 minutes wondering if he’ll answer my specific question.
Old 05-27-2020, 04:54 PM   #6
valy

Well, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink, I suppose.
Old 05-27-2020, 05:06 PM   #7
daniellumertz

I will list some ways that I think may be helpfull to you:

1. as vally said automation Items can be very handy for copy pasting points

2 Using Smart copy (Ctrl shift C ) and ctrl v. The difference between a normal copy (ctrl c ) is that the normal copy the points where smart copy the time selection area. The when pasting will be easier to sync.

3 Using an temporary item (MIDI ITEM or an empty item) with envelope points follow media items ON.

https://imgur.com/2Bk4Bt3
For some reason it uploaded as mp4

4 X-raym scripts for copy/paste envelopes
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....98#post1499998
daniellumertz is offline   Reply With Quote