Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Dstruct's Casa De Nitpicks

Old 05-02-2020, 02:16 PM   #1
z.curve
Human being with feelings

Default Incorrect note names in Parameter Modulation/Link's Aftertouch submenu (FIXED)

Hi, this is MIDI related but not an item/editor issue. In the FX Browser > Parameter Modulation/Link > Aftertouch submenu, I find the note labels are off by an octave (assuming a default MIDI octave name display offset value of 0).

This note label is unaffected by Preferences > Media > MIDI > MIDI octave name display offset value. Changing that value will affect all other MIDI note name presentations (including Aftertouch event note names in the Event List), but this Parameter Modulation/Link > Aftertouch submenu remains stubbornly fixed.

For example, in a MIDI editor, F#2 is note 42 and using the Event list I can insert a poly aftertouch event for "42 F#2". This shows up in ReaControl's MIDI log as note number "42", and my hardware responds to it accordingly... But in order to modulate an FX Browser plugin parameter with this source, I need to select "42: F#1". There, the "42" is correct, the "F#1" is not.

So there is somewhere between one and two issues here:
- In this submenu, the MIDI note names are wrong (i.e. they don't match the rest of REAPER) as it starts at C-2 for note 0, rather than C-1.
- Furthermore, the submenu's note names should really reflect any octave offset specified in Preferences > Media > MIDI > MIDI octave name display offset value.

Thanks for reading!
z.curve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 08:03 PM   #2
gofer
-blänk-

Seems fixed in the newest pre release version, going by the change log. I guess you did the right post at the right time in the right place
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 02:27 AM   #3
z.curve
Human being with feelings

Oh wow, that is just... I spent longer writing the post!
z.curve is offline   Reply With Quote