Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 03-18-2020, 07:08 PM   #161
Joe90
Human being with feelings

Default Plugin windows open centered over mouse cursor?

Hey n0ne. Love the colour addition - really makes a difference for efficient usability. Thank you.

I'd love to have an option in settings to incorporate this action (or something similar) into your script -

SWS/BR: Move active floating track FX window to mouse cursor (horizontal: middle, vertical: middle)

This would mean that any floating plugin window always opens centered over the mouse cursor. I tried attaching that script to yours in a custom action but it doesn't work, I'm assuming it tries to move the window immediately after opening your script, rather than after the plugin is selected. I'm guessing it's something that would have to be coded in at your end so that it happens after the plugin is selected.

Obviously if it's a pain in the ass then no worries, but for anyone with a multimonitor setup it really makes a big difference to have plugin windows always float at your mouse cursor, it's one of the things that first drew me to Reaper actually.

Also, I think I mentioned this before but I couldn't find the post so I'm mentioning it again just in case - when this script is docked the search field doesn't take keyboard focus like it should, you have to open the script then click in the search field first. There are other scripts that have this issue, but I'm also sure I've used some that don't, so I'm hoping that you (or some other smart scripter here) might know of a way to remedy this and make your script take keyboard focus correctly when docked, as I'd really love to have your script docked but this issue stops me from doing it.

Don't see a link for donation - do you have one?
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:29 PM   #162
Thonex

Fantastic work!
Old 03-19-2020, 05:39 AM   #163
Gianfini

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ne View Post
Yes, you can use the tags, @chain for example
Great! Maybe a small "user manual" accessible via F1 coukd be of help!

G
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 09:34 AM   #164
n0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Hey n0ne. Love the colour addition - really makes a difference for efficient usability. Thank you.

I'd love to have an option in settings to incorporate this action (or something similar) into your script -

SWS/BR: Move active floating track FX window to mouse cursor (horizontal: middle, vertical: middle)

This would mean that any floating plugin window always opens centered over the mouse cursor. I tried attaching that script to yours in a custom action but it doesn't work, I'm assuming it tries to move the window immediately after opening your script, rather than after the plugin is selected. I'm guessing it's something that would have to be coded in at your end so that it happens after the plugin is selected.

Obviously if it's a pain in the ass then no worries, but for anyone with a multimonitor setup it really makes a big difference to have plugin windows always float at your mouse cursor, it's one of the things that first drew me to Reaper actually.

Also, I think I mentioned this before but I couldn't find the post so I'm mentioning it again just in case - when this script is docked the search field doesn't take keyboard focus like it should, you have to open the script then click in the search field first. There are other scripts that have this issue, but I'm also sure I've used some that don't, so I'm hoping that you (or some other smart scripter here) might know of a way to remedy this and make your script take keyboard focus correctly when docked, as I'd really love to have your script docked but this issue stops me from doing it.

Don't see a link for donation - do you have one?
That's a great idea! Maybe it should be in the form of a user settable (custom) action that can be run after an insert. And who know, maybe also before so a new track could be added and selected . This way everybody can create their own way. I'll look at that soon!
n0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:03 AM   #165
AlexLazer

Sorry, bad english, stupid question. How hide all AU plugins in the script. (on mac)
AlexLazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 04:06 AM   #166
bamsehopp

This along with fxlist is easily my most used scripts! Really great work! One question i have is that there seems to be old plugins deleted from my directory and not visible in the regular fx browser that still show up in the script, is there a way to delete the cache of the script or something like that? Re-installing the script doesn't help. thanks a bunch
bamsehopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:21 AM   #167
n0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLazer View Post
Sorry, bad english, stupid question. How hide all AU plugins in the script. (on mac)
Put this in you settings.ini:
load_au=false
Old 03-27-2020, 07:22 AM   #168
n0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamsehopp View Post
This along with fxlist is easily my most used scripts! Really great work! One question i have is that there seems to be old plugins deleted from my directory and not visible in the regular fx browser that still show up in the script, is there a way to delete the cache of the script or something like that? Re-installing the script doesn't help. thanks a bunch
That's strange! Could you double check for me that these entries that you are still seeing in the FX Finder are not in your vst_ini_file (=reaper-vstplugins64.ini) ?
Old 03-28-2020, 04:53 AM   #169
bamsehopp

Quote:
That's strange! Could you double check for me that these entries that you are still seeing in the FX Finder are not in your vst_ini_file (=reaper-vstplugins64.ini) ?

I found several old plugins in the reaper-auplugins64.ini file! I deleted them from the list there and now its gone! Thanks a lot! Strange that they remained in that reaper file even after deleting the cache and scanning for new ones in reaper.
bamsehopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:51 PM   #170
Daodan

Default Problem with keyboard focus when docked

Hi! First of all, thanks for this great tool. Second, sorry for my english.
I find that script doesn't get keyboard focus when docked AND when there is no more opened tabs in docker.For example, when you have Media Browser opened in docker and than run FastFxFinder in same docker, everything works well. But if you close Media Browser and FastFxFinder,than run fastFxFinder again and try to type in something, reaper dont get focus to script.
Regular reaper fx browser get focus normally, but yours is cooler)
Is it possible to fix?

Last edited by Daodan; 03-31-2020 at 12:52 PM. Reason: lost word
Daodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 08:22 AM   #171
Buy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by creator31 View Post
n0ne_Fast FX Finder.lua:89: cannot open file '/Users/****/Library/Application Support/REAPER/reaper-vstplugins64.ini' (No such file or directory)

My system is an old mac running at 32bit. I guess I haven't got the missing .ini file because I don't run 64bit plug-ins. I'm hoping this is something that can be fixed,
Quote:
Hi cr3!,

You can change the name of your reaper plugins file in the settings file that comes with the script (REAPER/scripts/n0ne scripts/Various/Fast FX Finder/). I'm assuming the file for 32 bit plugins would be called "reaper-vstplugins.ini". Let me know if that works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by creator31 View Post

Yep, that worked. Thank you.
Thank you for the script, n0ne

4 questions

1. Regarding the exchange above with creator31, is there a setting in the main file code responsible for outputting the name reaper-vstplugins64.ini in the fx-finder-settings.ini file which could be changed to avoid this error on 32 bit systems?

2. How to change the font properties both for the search field and for the list? I've scoured the entire thread but haven't found a reference.

3. How is the list updated? Does fx-finder-data.ini file have to be deleted to update it with new resources?

4. Would it be possible to add the ability of selecting text in the search field with mouse cursor for easy removal and editing? Deleting with backspace is pretty slow, at least here.

Last edited by Buy One; 04-01-2020 at 10:15 AM.
Buy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 02:37 AM   #172
n0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buy One View Post
Thank you for the script, n0ne
1. Regarding the exchange above with creator31, is there a setting in the main file code responsible for outputting the name reaper-vstplugins64.ini in the fx-finder-settings.ini file which could be changed to avoid this error on 32 bit systems?
You're very welcome! I'm not sure I understand this question. On a 32 bit system you would want to change this file to your 32 bit equivalent right?

Quote:
2. How to change the font properties both for the search field and for the list? I've scoured the entire thread but haven't found a reference.
You could search for and replace:
label_font = "Calibri"
Please keep in mind that this change will be undone by future updates through reapack. I'll considering adding it as a setting in a future update!

Quote:
3. How is the list updated? Does fx-finder-data.ini file have to be deleted to update it with new resources?
The file gets overwritten every time something changes.

Quote:
4. Would it be possible to add the ability of selecting text in the search field with mouse cursor for easy removal and editing? Deleting with backspace is pretty slow, at least here.
No, sorry. I'm currently much further with the development of a V2 of my GUI system. I'm not planning on updating V1 too much. Have you tried ctrl+backspace for deleting whole words, or ctrl+shift+backspace to clear the searchfield?
Old 04-04-2020, 03:18 AM   #173
n0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daodan View Post
Hi! First of all, thanks for this great tool. Second, sorry for my english.
I find that script doesn't get keyboard focus when docked AND when there is no more opened tabs in docker.For example, when you have Media Browser opened in docker and than run FastFxFinder in same docker, everything works well. But if you close Media Browser and FastFxFinder,than run fastFxFinder again and try to type in something, reaper dont get focus to script.
Regular reaper fx browser get focus normally, but yours is cooler)
Is it possible to fix?
Yes! Thank you! I thought it wasn't possible, but it now works. You will need to install the JS Extention for it to work. (https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=212174 can be installed through Reapack)
Old 04-04-2020, 07:58 AM   #174
Daodan

Quote:
Yes! Thank you! I thought it wasn't possible, but it now works. You will need to install the JS Extention for it to work. (https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=212174 can be installed through Reapack)
Ohhhhhh thanks! It's great!Now my life a bit easier)
Daodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 10:11 AM   #175
Joe90

Love that you've managed to fix the text focus issue when docked, awesome!

Hopefully you still have a chance to think about a setting to open all the floating windows at mouse cursor, as I mentioned before.

Thanks again.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 12:00 PM   #176
Buy One

Quote:
You're very welcome! I'm not sure I understand this question. On a 32 bit system you would want to change this file to your 32 bit equivalent right?
Indeed, i mean by default the file is named reaper-vstplugins64.ini which is absent on 32 bit systems, hence the error. To avoid the error its name must be edited manually after the fact in the fx-finder-settings.ini file. My question is whether there's a place in the code of the script which can be modified so it outputs reaper-vstplugins.ini by default.

Quote:
You could search for and replace:
label_font = "Calibri"
Please keep in mind that this change will be undone by future updates through reapack. I'll considering adding it as a setting in a future update!
I had found those lines, but was mainly interested in changing the size, is that possible?

Quote:
No, sorry. I'm currently much further with the development of a V2 of my GUI system. I'm not planning on updating V1 too much. Have you tried ctrl+backspace for deleting whole words, or ctrl+shift+backspace to clear the searchfield?
OK. Thank you, sorry, have overlooked that option in the usage instructions.
Buy One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 03:23 AM   #177
X-Raym

Hi !

When putting "Select all tracks" in the filter, it doesn't seems to find the"Tracks: Select all tracks action". Am I missing something ? ^^

Best,
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:49 AM   #178
zookthespook

This script has taken over ! i haven't been using fx browser as much and the drag and drop to items is a winner ! really wan't to thank you for this wonderful script

zook
zookthespook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 10:01 AM   #179
n0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
Hi !

When putting "Select all tracks" in the filter, it doesn't seems to find the"Tracks: Select all tracks action". Am I missing something ? ^^

Best,
Sorry for getting back so late!

I think you need to minus the "s" of tracks
"track: select all tracks"

works for me

@zook thanks for the kind words!
Old 06-11-2020, 10:13 AM   #180
n0ne

Quote:
I had found those lines, but was mainly interested in changing the size, is that possible?
Agian, apologies for the late reply. Yes you can by changing the gui_size in the settings. 20 is the default, a higher number will make the text bigger.

I've also added some more comments to the default ini file to make it easier to know what to change.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-11-2020, 10:15 AM   #181
X-Raym

@none

Indeed !

I wonder if some kind of best match algorithm could beconsider so that it works with only the keyword "select all tracks" (to find the closest strings)....

This kind be quite complex, and pure alphabetical results can have advantage. But... for curiosity...

Thx again for your support !
Old 06-12-2020, 06:20 AM   #182
Paul Eye

This seems like a really useful replacement for the FX browser
I installed the latest version (0.7.26) today, and when I type in an @ to search with tags, I get this:

This is a Finnish keyboard where @ is a key combo of either AltGr+2, or Ctrl+Alt+2, both give me this 2@
Any idea what's causing this?
Paul Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 06:48 AM   #183
n0ne

hmm that's weird! I would think the script is getting the two as separate keys. Are there any other ways of making an @? (for me it's shift+2). What happens if you set your keyboard to international?

Do you have this problem anywhere else in reaper?
Old 06-13-2020, 08:08 AM   #184
Paul Eye

Doesn't seem to be a problem anywhere else in reaper.
And just out of interest I tested this with all other number keys. AltGr+1 and AltGr+6 don't produce an alternate character, so what I should be getting here is this sequence:

@£$€{[]}\
23457890+ (same keys without AltGr)

But I get this:

What's noteworthy is that here I don't get 3£ as expected but just a 3. Of course the only useful characters for this script are @ and \
Old 06-13-2020, 08:11 AM   #185
Paul Eye

Quote:
Are there any other ways of making an @?
Not that I know of.

Quote:
What happens if you set your keyboard to international?
I'm not sure what layout you mean by "international"
Old 06-14-2020, 04:01 AM   #186
Gianfini

Default Manual

May I suggest to put a button/key/text to get an help window with keys combinations and keywords like @fx etc.?

G
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 09:49 AM   #187
Paul Eye

Oh, and if it's of any help: Win10 1909 x64, REAPER 6.11 x64 with latest SWS, ReaScript API, and Ultraschall API extensions.
Old 06-17-2020, 12:42 AM   #188
n0ne

Hi Paul,

You can find some info on changeing your keyboard language here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...rs=en-us&ad=us

Unfortunately debugging this specific keyboard issue is not within the scope of this project atm .

@Gianfini: That's a great idea, will do!
Old 06-22-2020, 03:15 AM   #189
Paul Eye

Quote:
Unfortunately debugging this specific keyboard issue is not within the scope of this project atm
Okay, thanks for your time though. I won't be changing my keyboard layout back and forth just to get around this issue.
I'll do fine as it is
Old 08-16-2020, 09:21 AM   #190
X-Raym

Hi !

What about Paste support with CTRL/CMD + V ? THere is clipboard API in SWS :P
Old 08-17-2020, 08:05 AM   #191
n0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
Hi !

What about Paste support with CTRL/CMD + V ? THere is clipboard API in SWS :P
Great idea! Added
+ Added support for copy/pasting. CTRL + C will copy the whole textfield. CTRL + V will paste at the carret.
Old 08-17-2020, 08:16 AM   #192
X-Raym

Thx !
Old 08-17-2020, 11:21 AM   #193
Whelfen

Hi N0ne!
Thank you for this great feature!
I can't load the normal VST version, if I've a VST3 version with the same name. But I wanns insert the normal VST version, not the VST3, how can i or we fix that?
Whelfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 07:27 AM   #194
n0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whelfen View Post
Hi N0ne!
Thank you for this great feature!
I can't load the normal VST version, if I've a VST3 version with the same name. But I wanns insert the normal VST version, not the VST3, how can i or we fix that?
hi! Hmms, there is a flag in the settings called prefer_vst3 that you could set to false. But this will affect all your plugins.

Why are you running into this problem, could you explain the situation?

If it's just a few plugins I would recommend saving FXchains for those and loading those instead of the VST3. Otherwise the flag might help .
Old 08-18-2020, 12:06 PM   #195
Whelfen

Quote:
hi! Hmms, there is a flag in the settings called prefer_vst3 that you could set to false. But this will affect all your plugins.

Why are you running into this problem, could you explain the situation?

If it's just a few plugins I would recommend saving FXchains for those and loading those instead of the VST3. Otherwise the flag might help .
Ah, thank you, this will help, of course!
Some developer recommend to use the vst3 only if you need multiple channels or sidechain, because of the cpu resources.

So I'll use the templates or fx chains, that works for me, thanks! I love this finder!
Whelfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 12:34 PM   #196
vdubreeze

Would it be possible to add a "Trash FX" function? Where you could remove a plugin from its plugin folder or Reaper effects folder and either trash it (or move to an "FX outs" folder) from within the interface? It would save the minute or so it takes to locate and trash an FX in the OS X Desktop or Windows every time one wanted to get rid of one they just tried didn't want to keep. And doing it for several in a row of newly ReaPack synced FX or VST freebies or demos would be a big timesaver over doing each manually.
Old 08-26-2020, 04:52 AM   #197
n0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubreeze View Post
Would it be possible to add a "Trash FX" function? Where you could remove a plugin from its plugin folder or Reaper effects folder and either trash it (or move to an "FX outs" folder) from within the interface? It would save the minute or so it takes to locate and trash an FX in the OS X Desktop or Windows every time one wanted to get rid of one they just tried didn't want to keep. And doing it for several in a row of newly ReaPack synced FX or VST freebies or demos would be a big timesaver over doing each manually.
hi! Thanks for the suggestion but I think this is outside of the scope of this project. Sorry!
Old 08-26-2020, 06:39 AM   #198
vdubreeze

Quote:
hi! Thanks for the suggestion but I think this is outside of the scope of this project. Sorry!
That's what I figured. Just a thought that popped up as I looked at miles of FX not knowing what half of them were Thanks
Old 09-28-2020, 02:08 PM   #199
X-Raym

Default Bug Report

Hi !

Video processor doesn't appears in FX list :P

Best,
Old 10-27-2020, 04:12 PM   #200
X-Raym

HI n0ne !

Can you put a rectangle background behind entry list types ?

see how "actions" is overlapping the action names :P

Thx !