Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 01-11-2020, 02:25 AM   #41
Dafarkias
Human being with feelings

Would you ever consider letting me use this in my Track Router script (wip), linked to the 'Add FX' buttons?

I'm talking about direct integration, of course, but without modification. I'm a non-profit scripter hobbyist. I don't ask for donations either.

If you're interested, shoot me a P.M.!

Support my feature request!
Dafarkias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 04:59 AM   #42
svijayrathinam

On the new update it says hold control to add fx to items. I tried it and it doesn't seem to work. I am on a mac. Looks like a bug. can you pls update this ?

Update: Sorry on mac it works with holding command key. But it only works for adding fx to items but not FX chains. It will help if it can add fx chains too pls..Also it only works with VSTs and not VST3 or AU. It would be very helpful if it works with all fx and fx chains. Thank you so much

Last edited by svijayrathinam; 01-12-2020 at 05:15 AM.
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:28 AM   #43
n0ne

Hi all! Just added a major update of most of the feature requests. Hope everything keeps working

I'll respond to other questions and update the most when I have a bit more time.

Cheers!
n0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 06:46 AM   #44
X-Raym

@svijayrathinam
n0ne have the same bug those I reported with utlraschall API,
mespotine is working on it.

Meanwhile, it is safer to wait for the fix.

@n0ne
Thanks for the update !

Quote:
n0ne scripts/Various/FX Finder/Fast FX Finder [v0.7.16 -> v0.7.17]
v0.7.17 by n0ne – January 12 2020
+ Allow resizing of GUI and change number of results
+ Store window position
+ Scroll down list with tab and arrow keys
+ Add setting to open FX in chain
+ Fix searching in hidden filename parts
+ Add support for searching with tags: @fx, @chain, @temp, @i, @vst3, @vst
+ Improve format of ini file. Backwards compatible but recommended to update (see REQ/ settings default)
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:06 AM   #45
Joe90

Search is working the exactly as expected now. The other new features are very cool too.

Thanks!

I have a couple more suggestions that you may like to implement - totally up to you of course!

- If the FX chain is open for the track you are adding FX to, then the FX should not float, it should open in the FX chain instead.

- Also a way to choose whether to add or replace when you load an FX chain on a track... Similarly with templates - a way to specify whether to create a new track with the template, or apply it to the existing track (this might be included already, so apologies if I've missed it)

Just a thought.

Thanks again for the great work.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:39 AM   #46
mehmethan

Hi thanks for this great script. There 2 things that stops me to work with it. I hope you can add this features.

1) Do not show plugins which begins with # (this is default hiding system which Reaper fx browser uses.

2) Obey the rules in " Preferences/Plug-ins--> Only show FX matching filter string :"
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 11:47 AM   #47
Joe90

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmethan View Post
Hi thanks for this great script. There 2 things that stops me to work with it. I hope you can add this features.

1) Do not show plugins which begins with # (this is default hiding system which Reaper fx browser uses.

2) Obey the rules in " Preferences/Plug-ins--> Only show FX matching filter string :"
The first one can be edited yourself in the settings, there's a blacklist. I know cause it's one of the first things I did.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:56 AM   #48
Zeno

Wow awesome, thank you!

The only request I have is - you probably guessed it - JSFX support
hehe
Zeno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 03:42 PM   #49
X-Raym

It could be nice if the different type of results( VST, FX chain etc) had a small background rectangle with different color so we can instantly notice the different results types.
I wanted to add this features myself but wow your code style is quite advanced :P

Anyway, your script is the closest thing of a feature I wanted for a long time,
something similar to After Effect FX Console plugin, https://www.videocopilot.net/blog/20...now-available/

At some point, adding support even for Actions would make this search bar the one and only needed :P

But sure there is other steps before that like JSFX, Text selection (Ctrl+A, CTRL +V etc)

Really promising project !
Old 01-13-2020, 03:23 AM   #50
Joe90

Hi N0ne.

Could you please explain to me like I'm five, exactly how to blacklist a certain format of a certain plugin manufacturer. I want to blacklist VST3 Plugin Alliance FX, and VST Fabfilter FX. I know how to blacklist single terms, but I can't figure this one out. I tried following your waves mono example from the first post, but it's not working.

Thank you!
Old 01-13-2020, 04:06 AM   #51
egoplasma

Very cool! Thanks! Now I´m fast like a rocket -
egoplasma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:12 AM   #52
egoplasma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Hi N0ne.

Could you please explain to me like I'm five, exactly how to blacklist a certain format of a certain plugin manufacturer. I want to blacklist VST3 Plugin Alliance FX, and VST Fabfilter FX. I know how to blacklist single terms, but I can't figure this one out. I tried following your waves mono example from the first post, but it's not working.

Thank you!

You can change the settings in the "fx-finder-settings.ini".

You find the file in the script-folder.

On my system (Win10 Pro) it´s here: AppData -> Roaming -> REAPER -> Scripts ->nOne scripts -> Various -> FX Finder
Here you can change the behavior of the script.
It´s simply a text file. Open and edit it with your texteditor, than save it and you´re done!
Old 01-13-2020, 04:23 AM   #53
Joe90

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoplasma View Post
You can change the settings in the "fx-finder-settings.ini".

You find the file in the script-folder.

On my system (Win10 Pro) it´s here: AppData -> Roaming -> REAPER -> Scripts ->nOne scripts -> Various -> FX Finder
Here you can change the behavior of the script.
It´s simply a text file. Open and edit it with your texteditor, than save it and you´re done!
Yeah I got that already, thanks though.

I can blacklist single words, but I can't figure how to blacklist a specific format from a specific vendor. Any idea how to do that?
Old 01-13-2020, 04:29 AM   #54
egoplasma

Quote:
Yeah I got that already, thanks though.

I can blacklist single words, but I can't figure how to blacklist a specific format from a specific vendor. Any idea how to do that?

In the ini is an example: ";plugin_blacklist_regex=.+Mono.+Waves.+ ; Hide waves mono plugins"

Does this help?
Old 01-13-2020, 04:32 AM   #55
Joe90

Quote:
Originally Posted by egoplasma View Post
In the ini is an example: ";plugin_blacklist_regex=.+Mono.+Waves.+ ; Hide waves mono plugins"

Does this help?
Unfortunately not, as I already tried that - like I said in my OP

Thanks anyway though.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:06 PM   #56
n0ne

Try .*FabFilter.*

The blacklist is case sensitive.

.+ means any character, one or more
.* means any character, zero or more. Since the FabFilter string is at the beginning of the line you need that one.

Hope that helps!
Old 01-13-2020, 01:12 PM   #57
n0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
It could be nice if the different type of results( VST, FX chain etc) had a small background rectangle with different color so we can instantly notice the different results types.
I wanted to add this features myself but wow your code style is quite advanced :P

Anyway, your script is the closest thing of a feature I wanted for a long time,
something similar to After Effect FX Console plugin, https://www.videocopilot.net/blog/20...now-available/

At some point, adding support even for Actions would make this search bar the one and only needed :P

But sure there is other steps before that like JSFX, Text selection (Ctrl+A, CTRL +V etc)

Really promising project !
I thought about launching actions too, so I'll give that a try!

Colors can do too. Allthough I must say that I rarely have to choose between two options as my most used will be the first one very quickly.

Control C + V would be easy... but text selection will be a future one

edit: would love to add support for JSFX but afaik reascript doesn't allow me to do this. It can be done by tinkering with the stateChunk (and I do that for loading fxchains) but I'm not such a fan of that as it could technically mess up a track or project.

Last edited by n0ne; 01-13-2020 at 01:18 PM.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:15 PM   #58
n0ne

Quote:
Search is working the exactly as expected now. The other new features are very cool too.

Thanks!

I have a couple more suggestions that you may like to implement - totally up to you of course!

- If the FX chain is open for the track you are adding FX to, then the FX should not float, it should open in the FX chain instead.

- Also a way to choose whether to add or replace when you load an FX chain on a track... Similarly with templates - a way to specify whether to create a new track with the template, or apply it to the existing track (this might be included already, so apologies if I've missed it)

Just a thought.

Thanks again for the great work.
You can now specify how you want the FX to show. But maybe there should be an optional case too. So only open in FX chain IF the fxchain window is open.

These settings will force the window to open in a specific way tough:
track_show_flag=3 ; 0 hidechain, 1 show chain, 2 hide floating, 3 for show floating window (default)
item_show_flag=3

I don't think I understand what you mean by replacing a track fx chain. Wouldn't that just mean inserting a new track with the selected fx chain? A template is different from a fxchain in that these are track templates. So they come with tracks included.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:22 PM   #59
n0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfini View Post
super nice

Could it be possible to ad an option to limit search to VST3 if VST3 version (with same name) exists? so that I don't get duplicates...

thanks
g
Is this happening because you have both 64 bit and 32 bit plugins of the same plugin installed?

I'm personally blacklisting all my 32 bit plugins but this doesn't help if you do still use some 32 bit plugs.

lmk
Old 01-13-2020, 01:42 PM   #60
Gianfini

Hi, is the result limited to 50 records? Can this be changed?

g
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:44 PM   #61
n0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfini View Post
Hi, is the result limited to 50 records? Can this be changed?

g
it is, yes in the settings ini file.
Old 01-13-2020, 01:48 PM   #62
X-Raym

@n0ne
Quote:
edit: would love to add support for JSFX but afaik reascript doesn't allow me to do this.
What do you mean ?

This works for eg.

Code:
v = reaper.TrackFX_GetByName( reaper.GetTrack(0,0), 'RS5K_Manager_tracker.jsfx', true)

Maybe the hardest part is geting JSFX list.

---
For actions, this would be awesome !

Code:
 retval, name = reaper.CF_EnumerateActions( section, index, name )

This may may be the only action needed to get the full action list (different loops for the different sections but then it is done).

---
Quote:
Colors can do too.
Thx ! the more you add objetc types support (jsfx, fx, action etc), the more this little cosmetic thing will be handy to have. Not core feature, just a simple nice touch :P
Old 01-13-2020, 01:52 PM   #63
n0ne

Damn must have spaced out with the jsfx... going on the to do list! Thanks!
Old 01-13-2020, 03:38 PM   #64
Joe90

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0ne View Post
Try .*FabFilter.*

The blacklist is case sensitive.

.+ means any character, one or more
.* means any character, zero or more. Since the FabFilter string is at the beginning of the line you need that one.

Hope that helps!
No it doesn't - sorry! I already know how to exclude a specific word, but I want to exclude ONLY VST plugins with (FabFilter) in the name, not VST3. Currently I am using this line -

plugin_blacklist_regex=(FabFilter)

Which blocks ALL plugins with (FabFilter) in the name, and I've changed the names of the FF VST3 versions in Reaper so they don't contain that term. This works, but it would be nice to know how to exclude ONLY format 'X' from developer 'Y', as I'd also like to exclude VST3 plugin alliance plugins, and I just can't figure it out.

For example, inn Reapers plugin blacklist I'm using the line - NOT ( VST3: "(Plugin Alliance)" ) to block all VST3 Plugin Alliance plugins.

Quote:
I don't think I understand what you mean by replacing a track fx chain. Wouldn't that just mean inserting a new track with the selected fx chain? A template is different from a fxchain in that these are track templates. So they come with tracks included.
It's the difference between these two actions -

SWS/S&M: Paste FX chain to selected tracks

SWS/S&M: Paste (replace) FX chain to selected tracks

One REPLACES the whole FX chain for the track, one adds to the existing FX chain.

Not a biggie at all, just thought it might be cool

EDIT: It now strikes me that both of the examples you gave in the opening post of this thread were using words that are included in the plugin name, so perhaps the blacklisting of only VST/VST3 versions of FX isn't actually possible yet, because the term 'VST3' isn't actually used in the plugin name. If that's the case, then please consider adding it, as it would be a very helpful feature. Your script is already differentiating between different plugin formats, so I assume it is possible to do.

Thanks.

Last edited by Joe90; 01-13-2020 at 03:52 PM.
Old 01-14-2020, 12:01 AM   #65
ericzang

Hi n0ne, this looks great, thanks for sharing!
I feel silly but I can't find your reapack repo address.
ericzang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:10 AM   #66
n0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericzang View Post
Hi n0ne, this looks great, thanks for sharing!
I feel silly but I can't find your reapack repo address.
Lol, I messed up the first post last night. Sorry. Its fixed, and this is how to install:
Add my repo to Reapack:
https://github.com/n0ner/Reaper/raw/master/index.xml
Run once to create the settings ini file in the main folder.
Old 01-14-2020, 04:36 AM   #67
n0ne

Quote:
EDIT: It now strikes me that both of the examples you gave in the opening post of this thread were using words that are included in the plugin name, so perhaps the blacklisting of only VST/VST3 versions of FX isn't actually possible yet, because the term 'VST3' isn't actually used in the plugin name. If that's the case, then please consider adding it, as it would be a very helpful feature. Your script is already differentiating between different plugin formats, so I assume it is possible to do.

Thanks.
I see what you mean now! Added in next update... I think this will be what you will want to add to your blacklist:

plugin_blacklist_regex=.*FabFilter.*%.dll.*

Old 01-14-2020, 03:45 PM   #68
musicbynumbers

This looks great! will try it out thanks!
Old 01-15-2020, 03:23 PM   #69
creator31

Hi n0ne,

Fast FX Finder looks really useful. I do manage to kludge my way around the FX browser, but I'm slow and keep forgetting where certain things are. Your script looks very helpful. I installed it ok, but get this error when I run it:

n0ne_Fast FX Finder.lua:89: cannot open file '/Users/****/Library/Application Support/REAPER/reaper-vstplugins64.ini' (No such file or directory)

My system is an old mac running at 32bit. I guess I haven't got the missing .ini file because I don't run 64bit plug-ins. I'm hoping this is something that can be fixed,
but I do understand if it's too rare a problem to be a priority for you. :-)

I was also going to ask if you'd consider supporting Audio Unit plug-ins? I've always used mostly AUs (coming from Logic).

Thanks.
cr3
Old 01-16-2020, 12:09 AM   #70
n0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by creator31 View Post
Hi n0ne,

Fast FX Finder looks really useful. I do manage to kludge my way around the FX browser, but I'm slow and keep forgetting where certain things are. Your script looks very helpful. I installed it ok, but get this error when I run it:

n0ne_Fast FX Finder.lua:89: cannot open file '/Users/****/Library/Application Support/REAPER/reaper-vstplugins64.ini' (No such file or directory)

My system is an old mac running at 32bit. I guess I haven't got the missing .ini file because I don't run 64bit plug-ins. I'm hoping this is something that can be fixed,
but I do understand if it's too rare a problem to be a priority for you. :-)

I was also going to ask if you'd consider supporting Audio Unit plug-ins? I've always used mostly AUs (coming from Logic).

Thanks.
cr3
Hi cr3!,

You can change the name of your reaper plugins file in the settings file that comes with the script (REAPER/scripts/n0ne scripts/Various/Fast FX Finder/). I'm assuming the file for 32 bit plugins would be called "reaper-vstplugins.ini". Let me know if that works.

Your vote for audio units is counted! .
Old 01-16-2020, 11:45 AM   #71
creator31

Hi n0ne,

Thanks for your reply.

Quote:
You can change the name of your reaper plugins file in the settings file that comes with the script (REAPER/scripts/n0ne scripts/Various/Fast FX Finder/). I'm assuming the file for 32 bit plugins would be called "reaper-vstplugins.ini". Let me know if that works.
Yep, that worked. Thank you.

Quote:
Your vote for audio units is counted! .
Great! Whenever you get time.

cr31
Old 01-16-2020, 12:12 PM   #72
Tone Ranger

This is looking fantastic!! Please count another vote for Audio Unit support :-)

Last edited by Tone Ranger; 01-17-2020 at 09:37 AM.
Tone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 03:16 AM   #73
SubbaseDnB

ive got this downloadet,but how do i use it??it still uses Reapers native fx list/search?
SubbaseDnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 05:43 AM   #74
n0ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubbaseDnB View Post
ive got this downloadet,but how do i use it??it still uses Reapers native fx list/search?
Look for n0ne in the action list.
Old 01-17-2020, 04:26 PM   #75
Joe90

Quote:
I see what you mean now! Added in next update... I think this will be what you will want to add to your blacklist:

plugin_blacklist_regex=.*FabFilter.*%.dll.*

Legend! Thank you so much.
Old 01-19-2020, 01:28 PM   #76
n0ne

New update is up! Added support for JSFX and (experimental) actions.

I think the actions might belong in a seperate window, but open to other ideas. The loading of the main action list takes about 15ms and doesn't seem to make my experience much slower. But the acionlist contains a lot of "MIDI CC/OSC" actions, which we'd probably want to filter out. If I filter those all out it takes an extra 0.6 seconds to load. Not amazing.

Currently using this function:
Code:
function _nameOnBlacklist(tBlacklist, name)
	for _, skipName in ipairs(tBlacklist) do
		if (name):find(skipName) then
			return true
		end
	end
	return false
end
If anyone know's a faster way lmk!

Full changelog:
+ Allow blacklist search to also look in plugin filename (add dll to skip VST version or VSTi to skip instruments for example)
+ Only pull actual template and fxchain files from directories
+ Don't filter when you start typing a '@' tag. If you want to filter for a word starting with '@', escape it like: \@
+ Added support for JSFX and @js tag!
+ Cleaned up default settings ini, left some test comments in there ;p
+ Add (experimental) support for loading actions. Turn on in settings. Can use @a tag. Right now only main window actions.

Cheers!
Old 01-19-2020, 02:13 PM   #77
akademie

Quote:
New update is up! Added support for JSFX and (experimental) actions.
Cheers!
Brilliant addition, thank you so much, n0ne ;-)
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 02:26 PM   #78
Fabian

Quote:
<snip>

Currently using this function:
Code:
function _nameOnBlacklist(tBlacklist, name)
	for _, skipName in ipairs(tBlacklist) do
		if (name):find(skipName) then
			return true
		end
	end
	return false
end
If anyone know's a faster way lmk!
<snap>
Here https://www.cult-of-tech.net/2017/06...ing-nginx-lua/ benchmarking of string:find() is done, and the recommendation is to use another library Nginx instead of the native Lua. I don't know how relevant or important this is, but interesting nonetheless.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:28 PM   #79
X-Raym

@n0ne
Many thx for action in main and JSFX. Excellent ! The script keep going better and better :P

Small UI Fix:

Right column should have plain background to not have overlapping text
(or it should be a column on the left).

Small requests:
  • ESC key to kill the script.

I use this in my script:

Code:
    if char == 27 or char == -1 then gfx.quit() else reaper.defer(main) end  --Esc: quit // No GUI then quit
  • CTRL + A : without text selection, maybe have it to just CLEAR the whole field. It would already be nice to have :P
Thx again for all this,

It will be even nicer when mespotine will fix FX chunk functions.
Old 01-19-2020, 02:44 PM   #80
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
Small requests:
  • ESC key to kill the script.
But ESC does the job here.
I can open script by shortcut key and then close the window using the ESC key.
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote