Old 10-28-2018, 08:02 AM   #81
Xenakios
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
I do not quite understand - could you explain a bit more?
He wants to be able to open a file save dialog, which is not part of the Reaper provided ReaScript API. (GetUserFileNameForRead is only for a dialog to open files for reading, so it is not suitable for use with saving/writing new files.)
Old 10-28-2018, 08:50 AM   #82
Sexan

Quote:
Could you post the code, so that we can try to check it?

To shrink or remove previously drawn GDI elements, either REAPER must redraw the underlying window, or if the window is static, you need to draw over your own GDI elements, using the original window content. The original window content can be stored in bitmap 1, combined with the rectangles in bitmap 2, and then blitted to the screen.
Sure
https://stash.reaper.fm/34717/Area51.lua

Try dragging around, final rectangle shape only gets updated when mouse is released.Drawing is unrelated to mouse clicks it only waits to get first coordinate from first mouse down the rest is self updating. Thats why I don't get why everything is fine when mouse is released

Last edited by Sexan; 10-28-2018 at 09:01 AM.
Sexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 10:21 AM   #83
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenakios View Post
He wants to be able to open a file save dialog, which is not part of the Reaper provided ReaScript API. (GetUserFileNameForRead is only for a dialog to open files for reading, so it is not suitable for use with saving/writing new files.)
I will try to include such a function in the next update.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 06:01 AM   #84
X-Raym

@juliansader

Quote:
(GetUserFileNameForRead is only for a dialog to open files for reading, so it is not suitable for use with saving/writing new files.)
Actually you can use it for file saving, you just need to select the file on which you want to save thing. The only confusing thing is that the label window is "Open" rather than "Save". The request is still valid then.

But, a multifile version of the Open function would be nice (we currently can only select one file with it)
and a Select Folder would also be very welcome !

Thx for taking a look
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2018, 06:20 AM   #85
nofish

A question that came up (for me) here:

E.g. JS_MIDIEditor_ArrayAll() is listed in the API doc to take a reaper.array as argument, but reaper.arrays are only available in Lua (afaik), so does this work for the other scripting languages too?
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:01 AM   #86
juliansader

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
Just one more question, when drawing rectangle dynamically it does not refresh if you resize (to lower number) until the mouse is released.View is updated only if the rectangle has expanded,but not if its shrinked. Is this my error somewhere?

Thank you very much for this magical APIs
To shrink or remove previously drawn GDI elements, either REAPER must redraw the underlying window, or if the window is static, you need to draw over your own GDI elements, using the original window content. The original window content can be stored in bitmap 1, combined with the rectangles in bitmap 2, and then blitted to the screen.
Shrinking seems to work fine if I make these changes:

* I use ASbmp to store the underlying window content. This must be updated whenever the window changes and REAPER redraws the window (and removes the script's rectangles). IIRC, SWS checks GetScrollInfo for changes.
Code:
reaper.JS_GDI_Blit(ASbmpDC, 0, 0, track_window_dc, 0, 0, 5000, 5000)
* Add another combineBmp in which the window content will be combined with the script rectangles in each cycle (so that the original content of ASbmp is not overwritten):
Code:
if as_track then
    reaper.JS_LICE_Blit(combineBmp, 0, 0, ASbmp, 0, 0, 5000, 5000, 1, "COPY")
    reaper.JS_LICE_FillRect(combineBmp, X_start, Y_start, W, H, 0xFF0000, 0.5, "COPY")
    reaper.JS_GDI_Blit(track_window_dc, 0, 0, combineBmpDC, 0, 0, 5000, 5000 )
end

Result:

Last edited by juliansader; 10-31-2018 at 07:12 AM.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:04 AM   #87
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
A question that came up (for me) here:

E.g. JS_MIDIEditor_ArrayAll() is listed in the API doc to take a reaper.array as argument, but reaper.arrays are only available in Lua (afaik), so does this work for the other scripting languages too?
All the "Array" functions have "List" equivalents, which save the information in strings rather than reaper.arrays.

I'm not really familiar with EEL, but AFAIK reaper.arrays are simply 64bit double arrays, except for the first 64bits which give the max allocated size and currently used size as two 32bit ints, so any language that can read/write such constructs, should be able to use reaper.array functions.

Last edited by juliansader; 10-31-2018 at 07:10 AM.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:39 AM   #88
Sexan

Cool!

Last edited by Sexan; 10-31-2018 at 09:16 AM.
Old 10-31-2018, 09:03 AM   #89
nofish

Quote:
All the "Array" functions have "List" equivalents, which save the information in strings rather than reaper.arrays.

I'm not really familiar with EEL, but AFAIK reaper.arrays are simply 64bit double arrays, except for the first 64bits which give the max allocated size and currently used size as two 32bit ints, so any language that can read/write such constructs, should be able to use reaper.array functions.
Thanks.
As I'm doing something similar currently (linked above) one more question if you don't mind..
Is it correct that say EEL scripters are then required to provide arrays to these functions strictly in the reaper.array format (i.e. as you said first 64bits which give the max allocated size and currently used size as two 32bit ints) as otherwise determing the array size would fail, no?
Old 10-31-2018, 10:02 AM   #90
Sexan

Ok something is not right...empty project took 3gb of ram ??

Single project,nothing opened except this script
Old 10-31-2018, 10:28 AM   #91
juliansader

When the script exits, you should destroy/delete bitmaps (and other LICE and GDI objects), otherwise they remain in memory:
JS_LICE_DestroyBitmap(ASbmp) etc.

Last edited by juliansader; 10-31-2018 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-31-2018, 02:47 PM   #92
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Is it correct that say EEL scripters are then required to provide arrays to these functions strictly in the reaper.array format (i.e. as you said first 64bits which give the max allocated size and currently used size as two 32bit ints) as otherwise determing the array size would fail, no?
Correct. (I should probably add a sanity check to those functions.)

Last edited by juliansader; 10-31-2018 at 10:42 PM.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:22 AM   #93
Meo-Ada Mespotine

How do reaper.arrays work internally? Maybe it's possible to reimplement this to make these functions useable in Python and Eel as well.

And one other thing: Reaper and SWS have some kind of a definition-file, so Python can use the SWS-functions as well:

reaper_python.py and sws_python.py.

Is there something like that also available for your plugin?

And to all others in here: does anyone know, how these files work in detail? I might attempt an automatic generator for this file, but have too little knowledge on Python...

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 10:51 AM   #94
nofish

The sws_python.py file is generated automatically when building SWS using these Perl scripts.:

https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/bl...ript_python.pl

https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/bl...ript_helper.pl
Old 11-02-2018, 12:54 PM   #95
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Yes, but is it a file with some Python-code or something Reaper-specific?
And is it documented somewhere?

Old 11-02-2018, 03:04 PM   #96
nofish

You can open it with a text editor. It wraps the SWS ReaScript functions for Python.

https://github.com/reaper-oss/sws/wi...-to-ReaScripts
Old 11-03-2018, 05:27 AM   #97
Sexan

Code:
cur_view = reaper.JS_Window_FromPoint(reaper.GetMousePosition())

retval, passedThrough, time, wParamLow, wParamHigh, lParamLow, lParamHigh = reaper.JS_WindowMessage_Peek( cur_view, "WM_LBUTTONDOWN" )
Why is this not returning anything? I'm interested in keyboard events (from types) but since it did not worked, tried ones that "worked" on first page examples and it still does not return any value
Old 11-03-2018, 07:05 AM   #98
juliansader

Before you can peek at a window message, you must first begin intercepting it, e.g.:
Code:
reaper.JS_WindowMessage_Intercept(cur_view,"WM_LBUTTONDOWN", true)
If no message of type "WM_LBUTTONDOWN" has been intercepted yet, the return time and params will be 0.
Old 11-03-2018, 07:31 AM   #99
Sexan

thank you
Old 11-09-2018, 09:38 AM   #100
Sexan

not sure if bug,limitation or I need a hack for my hack... When using "reaper.JS_Mouse_GetState" to trigger gfx.menu anywhere on the screen mouse state gets stuck on the point when gfx.menu is triggered until the mouse is pressed again:

Menu is triggered when right click is pressed (along with some modifier shift-crtl etc). As you see when menu is closed and mouse is pressed again (left click) it still thinks that right click is down.

Also tried with intercepting and WM_RBUTTONDOWN/UP to assure up state is reset but still experiencing same issue
Any solutions to this?

Edit: It looks like its only a problem when shift is involved

Last edited by Sexan; 11-09-2018 at 01:03 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:40 AM   #101
Sexan

is there a reason why intercept and peek does not get all keys/characters (WM_KEYDOWN/UP)? It gets only few characters a,o,q...

Last edited by Sexan; 11-12-2018 at 02:05 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 02:08 PM   #102
nappies

juliansader, It seems that while these functions do not work?

JS_Window_GetScrollInfo - Just get zeros

JS_Window_RemoveXPStyle

nappies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 02:43 PM   #103
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
is there a reason why intercept and peek does not get all keys/characters (WM_KEYDOWN/UP)? It gets only few characters a,o,q...
Unfortunately I don't know how REAPER handles keystroke events. Mouse events are passed to the foreground window's "message queue" (where they can be intercepted), but keyboard shortcuts appear not to be.

In Windows, it should probably be possible to intercept or "hook" keyboard events at a lower level, but I don't know how to do this on other platforms. (cfillion/Xenakios/nofish/etc may know of better ways to do this.)
Old 11-16-2018, 03:10 PM   #104
Sexan

well I found that it will only intercept keys that are not assigned to any action,thats why I get only few. If you remove them from shortcuts they get intercepted

Last edited by Sexan; 11-17-2018 at 01:27 AM.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:32 PM   #105
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappies View Post
juliansader, It seems that while these functions do not work?

JS_Window_GetScrollInfo - Just get zeros
Which window's scrollinfo are you trying to get?
Old 11-16-2018, 03:47 PM   #106
nappies

Quote:
Which window's scrollinfo are you trying to get?
Thanks for reply!

I tried Main Reaper window, Midi Editor, Actions and get zeros
Hope I do something wrong) JS_Window_GetClientRect works fine!

Old 11-16-2018, 04:29 PM   #107
Xenakios

Quote:
In Windows, it should probably be possible to intercept or "hook" keyboard events at a lower level, but I don't know how to do this on other platforms. (cfillion/Xenakios/nofish/etc may know of better ways to do this.)
It's possible to do but it's been a while since I've last looked into it. (It doesn't even need an OS level hook, Reaper has a way to peek and steal keyboard events before they get into the Reaper shortcuts etc...)

Last edited by Xenakios; 11-16-2018 at 04:43 PM.
Xenakios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 05:04 PM   #108
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappies View Post
Thanks for reply!

I tried Main Reaper window, Midi Editor, Actions and get zeros
Hope I do something wrong) JS_Window_GetClientRect works fine!
The window argument for GetScrollInfo must be the window that actually contains the scrollbars -- typically some child window. In the case of the MIDI editor, for example, it will be the "midiview" child window, not the MIDI editor parent window.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:12 PM   #109
nappies

Quote:
The window argument for GetScrollInfo must be the window that actually contains the scrollbars -- typically some child window. In the case of the MIDI editor, for example, it will be the "midiview" child window, not the MIDI editor parent window.
Thanks a lot for explanation you are amazing!
Old 11-28-2018, 01:09 AM   #110
Aleksandr_Oleynik

Quote:
I have uploaded a new extension that may be of interest to other scripters: "js_ReaScriptAPI".
Hello juliansader!

Could you, please, add to your "js_ReaScriptAPI" a function to receive and send OSC-messages (OSC Client and Server)?
I use Reaper and LUA for creating live setups and I really need a function to hear outgoing OSC-commands with LUA-script (with specific port and IP and send OSC-messages to a specific port and IP).

The Reaper itself supports OSC, but today there’s no way to send OSC from script and to receive OSC to a script.

I would be very thankful for this help. And ready to pay for your time in any reasonable amount.

Best regards,
Aleksandr
Aleksandr_Oleynik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:08 AM   #111
juliansader

I have uploaded v0.96 of the extension to its repository. [EDIT: Now v0.961.]

The reason why this update was somewhat delayed, is that I was trying to figure out how to return long strings (for example, if dozens of files are selected in an Open File dialog) and strings that contain \0 characters (for example, packed Lua strings). Fortunately, Justin noticed my threads, and the upcoming version of REAPER will allow API functions to return such strings. The extension will therefore require an up-to-date version of REAPER.

The update is not yet available via ReaPack, but in the meantime if anyone is interested in testing the new functions, it can be downloaded and installed manually. It requires one of the recent dev versions of REAPER.

New functions:

* FindChildByID: (Thanks to amagalma for reminding me about this.) IDs seem to be a more reliable cross-platform way of getting child windows (such as the arrange view within the main window, or the piano roll within an MIDI editor), than searching by title ("trackview" or "midiview") or by Z order.

* Localize: If searching for standard windows such as "Actions" or "Navigator" by window title, localized (translated) titles should be used.

* Several ListView functions: Useful for finding selected items in any list window, such as the FX chain.

* Open files, save file and select folder dialogs.

Changed functions:

* All the "List" functions that previously stored long strings in ExtStates. These functions now return the long strings directly.

Last edited by juliansader; 12-03-2018 at 02:51 AM.
Old 12-02-2018, 04:29 AM   #112
X-Raym

Quote:
* Open files, save file and select folder dialogs.
Finally !!!

Thx !
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 04:59 PM   #113
lb0

Great stuff! Thanks for all your hard work!

Would the listview functions be any good for getting the command id of the selected item in the action list?
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 02:58 AM   #114
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Would the listview functions be any good for getting the command id of the selected item in the action list?
I have uploaded a quick update v0.961, and now you can: if the commandID is visible in the Actions list, you can get it as subitem 3:
Code:
commandID = reaper.JS_ListView_GetItemText(window, index, 3)
Old 12-03-2018, 03:06 AM   #115
lb0

Quote:
I have uploaded a quick update v0.961, and now you can: if the commandID is visible in the Actions list, you can get it as subitem 3:
Code:
commandID = reaper.JS_ListView_GetItemText(window, index, 3)
Fantastic - thank you!

EDIT: Tested it out - absolutely perfect - so much neater than having to manually copy and paste the command id into my scripts. Also being able to grab the action description is really great too! No more cryptic command id's for descriptions!

Last edited by lb0; 12-03-2018 at 03:56 AM.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 12:07 PM   #116
Edgemeal

Quote:
I have uploaded a quick update v0.961,
Nice updates!
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:28 PM   #117
Triode

Does anyone know if this extension would make it technically possible to float just one plugin at a time when clicking on FX instances on a channel (closing the presently floated one automatically) ?

This would mean intercepting the mouse click on an FX instance... Would that be possible?
Old 12-06-2018, 05:13 AM   #118
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Nice additions to the plugin. One thing I couldn't figure out: How do I separate the multiple filenames(in the get-files-functions) from each other in Lua? It seems, that Lua sees only the first part of the string and thinks, that it ends at the 0-termination.
I would suggest to use \n instead, which is easier to parse and shouldn't cause any problems in either programming-language

Old 12-06-2018, 05:33 AM   #119
cfillion

Filenames may contain \n (anything but \0 and /) on Linux (and macOS). With the latest REAPER dev versions the extension should be able to put null bytes in Lua strings.

Last edited by cfillion; 12-06-2018 at 05:39 AM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 05:38 AM   #120
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Hmm..the string always ended right after the path, so maybe this is still a bug or I'm doing it wrong...

Newlines in filenames? Is there any real usecase for that? Other than confusion?