Old 03-16-2016, 12:21 PM   #41
Subz
Human being with feelings

I'm in!!

thanks!!

not sure i will be able to add anything useful but will if i can!

Subz
Subz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 04:39 PM   #42
heda

new feature: Limit fader range
These limit settings will be saved per track.

I am testing the app in a new portable installation to see if it is ready to be tested. And I've seen it doesn't work in 5.20 pre23. I think there is a bug in REAPER introduced in 5.20. So. it will require 5.16 for now.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 05:58 PM   #43
nofish

Wow, nice work, looking forward to it.

Regarding suggestions, as it looks like you can access the track FX chain from it...with Reaper's native MCP we can insert and show FX, but afaik not bypass (single FX I mean, not the whole chain) or delete FX.

So this I'd find nice if we could from your track inspector.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:52 PM   #44
heda

I'm not sure what you mean nofish
in MCP you can shift click to bypass fx, and ALT click to delete fx.

Track Inspector has the same. SHIFT click to bypass and ALT click to remove . Added feature is the soft-bypass which REAPER doesn't have. Soft bypass is a bypass using the dry/wet knob, quickly setting it to 0 and back. this is better than bypass because the FX keeps running but not affecting audio, so no there are latency issues when soft-bypassing.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:33 AM   #45
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
I'm not sure what you mean nofish
in MCP you can shift click to bypass fx, and ALT click to delete fx.
Doh, sorry, I was tired when I wrote this.
I meant to write TCP instead of MCP.

So
Quote:
Track Inspector has the same. SHIFT click to bypass and ALT click to remove .
is exactly what I was asking for. Thank you.

Soft bypass is really great too. I even once requested it:

http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=124803
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 05:32 AM   #46
mehmethan

Please , " Auto add last touched fx parameter to fx parameter control panel " option.
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 07:40 AM   #47
David Else

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiirock View Post
This plus tb software ab loudness match plugin integrated in reaper natively would be a killer feature above all daws ! But only in my dreams i think anyway thank for your hard work, HeDa ! This is just awesome
+1,000,000
Old 03-17-2016, 11:51 AM   #48
musicbynumbers

This is probably something you've already thought of but you will probably need to store the wet level for when you do a soft bypass in case the user had it set to something other than 100 percent.
Old 03-17-2016, 11:54 AM   #49
musicbynumbers

Also, in the long term showing the min and max range of the Ebu integrated reading as a difference in colour on the meter would be super useful as well what we already talked about which was the "crest factor" between Ebu (or rms) and the peak level. That's so useful when compressing.

Not a big deal graphically if it's already shown numerically (which it looks like it is)
Old 03-17-2016, 12:10 PM   #50
Sexan

not sure if this will go well or will others find useful but,what do you think when clicking on send/receive tracks to expand it next to inspector track for faster adjusting of it?for example you don't like the reverb you set and instead of searching for the reverb track in TCP you just click on send track in inspector it expands that track and do what you like (change vst,add eq etc)?
Cant wait to try this script!
Sexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 12:40 PM   #51
heda

First pre-release available for patrons

>>> http://reaper.hector-corcin.com/blog...spector-v1pre1

If you don't want to sign up for patreon.com site I can understand it. Those who have donated by paypal directly can write me an e-mail too if they are interesting in receiving the pre-release

I haven't done any documentation page yet. But if you have any question on installation or use, just ask me here on in patreon post comments. Thanks!
Old 03-17-2016, 12:42 PM   #52
heda

@musicbynumbers yes. It's the Loudness Range in EBUR128. L.Range in the meter. I could think a graphical indication in the meter.

@Sexan. Yes it already does it. Right clicking in the name of the send or receive changes to that track.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:04 PM   #53
Sexan

donated!!
Old 03-17-2016, 03:27 PM   #54
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexan View Post
donated!!
Thank you! I look forward for you to test it more and report bugs. Please be patient in this stage of development.

There is an important thing I must add to the installation txt.
In case the script is not working when selecting another track:
In order for this app to work, you must change one setting in General preferences.

In the general page. Undo settings: Include selection: track

activate it (the script should activate it automatically in next version to avoid this step) and it will detect when you change track selections
This script monitors the undo history and if it detects track selection change, among others, like color change, rename track..etc.. then it refreshes information. This is done to optimize the CPU usage of the script. So undo when selection tracks is required.

Also I've seen that 2.7.1 SWS extension is not enough.. it should be 2.7.3. But it works also with more recent versions.

Last edited by heda; 03-17-2016 at 03:49 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 04:52 PM   #55
musicbynumbers

Quote:
First pre-release available for patrons

>>> http://reaper.hector-corcin.com/blog...spector-v1pre1

If you don't want to sign up for patreon.com site I can understand it. Those who have donated by paypal directly can write me an e-mail too if they are interesting in receiving the pre-release

I haven't done any documentation page yet. But if you have any question on installation or use, just ask me here on in patreon post comments. Thanks!
Awesome! Can't wait to try it!

I've gave you an extra donation (via paypal) alongside my patreon one for now. Hope it helps a bit. Can probably send more at some point too!
Old 03-17-2016, 05:25 PM   #56
musicbynumbers

Heda one issue straight away was the none modal warning message about the settings needed for the DP meter

You can't open up the plugin to make those changes as that window steals the input etc.

small thing but thought I'd mention it for new users sake.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:40 PM   #57
heda

@musicbynumbers Thank you, you donated again! It must be you really like it.
You are right about the message window... small things but important. if a new user installs dpMeter for first time, and copies the preset file included in the zip, it will already have the Loudness preset configured, so no message appears.
Old 03-17-2016, 05:49 PM   #58
musicbynumbers

Ah all good

Loving it so far!

One thing I can't get working yet is the reduction meter for your version of general dynamics?

Is there an area I need to click on or a mouse modifier etc?

Also, I'm hoping that there will be a way at some point to be able to rearrange effects?

I can see how this might be hard to if you did it with drag and drop but what about if each effect had an up and down arrow at the side of it (end of name even) that you could click to either move it up or down in the chain. Not ideal but good enough!
Old 03-17-2016, 05:58 PM   #59
musicbynumbers

Also, excited by all the "to dos" lying around. Some great ideas here like the preset fx tracks you can assign and send to!

Regarding the fx send sliders though. It's probably just my wacom pen input device but they have a "negative coefficient" when you move them so that dragging the slider so that say the mouse grabs the slider and moves 100 pixels on the screen, it actually only moves the slider say 50 pixels instead which means with absolute devices (like wacom pens or touchscreens) you can run out of space whilst draggin it.

Would be great if they moved 1 to 1 (absolute) with each other.

I can see why you might have them as they are now as you get more precision but I'm not sure if it is needed for sends
Old 03-17-2016, 05:58 PM   #60
heda

ok, there is a bug in the code for the general dynamics reduction/expansion meter. For a solution, move the effect to a folder "dynamics" inside the Effects folder. I included it in the zip inside the HeDa folder.. but I had it in dynamics folder. Where the original general dynamics is.

yes.. move up and down one position would be easier. I have drag and drop in the to-do-list.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:05 PM   #61
musicbynumbers

Last question for tonight as I've got to get to bed

Any reason to keep the 2 analysis tracks around if the script is closed or is it simply a classic "script can't remove those tracks since you just terminated the script duh!"
Old 03-17-2016, 06:08 PM   #62
heda

some tips, since there is still no "documentation"
  • Click on FX name to float plugin.
  • Right click on FX name to open plugin in the chain window.
  • Click again to close plugin
  • ALT-click on FX name to remove plugin
  • SHIFT-click on FX name to bypass plugin
  • Click on send name to open I/O
  • Right click on send or receive name to go and select that track.
  • Drag left/right on send/receive bar to change value
  • CTRL+Drag left/right on send/receive bar to change value in smaller increments
  • Right click in wet/dry knob to do a soft bypass/unbypass
  • Double click on volume/pan fader to reset to 0.0
  • Click on EBUR128 loudness meter to adjust fader to match approximately IL to clicked value in the meter. It is recommended to have it measuring IL for a while before changing it.
  • Click in IL number to reset dpMeter
  • Freezing automatically analyzes number of outputs of the track to freeze to stereo or multichannel. You can force to freeze to stereo on a multichannel by adding a suffix "2*" (without quotes) to the name of the track.
  • The freeze/unfreeze buttons also works if multiple tracks are selected.
Old 03-17-2016, 06:10 PM   #63
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
Last question for tonight as I've got to get to bed

Any reason to keep the 2 analysis tracks around if the script is closed or is it simply a classic "script can't remove those tracks since you just terminated the script duh!"
no reason. Removing the tracks will be for next pre.
Good night!
Old 03-17-2016, 06:15 PM   #64
musicbynumbers

Quote:
ok, there is a bug in the code for the general dynamics reduction/expansion meter. For a solution, move the effect to a folder "dynamics" inside the Effects folder. I included it in the zip inside the HeDa folder.. but I had it in dynamics folder. Where the original general dynamics is.

yes.. move up and down one position would be easier. I have drag and drop in the to-do-list.
Thanks. Working now! It's so lovely how it shows both compression and expansion. So useful!
Old 03-17-2016, 06:45 PM   #65
mehmethan

Heda, This is gonna be great

Bug 1 : Now send value changes with dragging mouse left & right. But when you dock Inspector to the left side of your screen, you can't move the mouse to the left and can't lower the send value. (same thing for wet knob of first plugin.I can't go up with the mouse here on my laptop.) I don't konw how to tell this (bad english) Maybe you should take a look at mouse movements. It's travelling too much for changing parameters.

Bug 2 : I can't see the general dynamics reduction.

Bug 3 : When I select another track, I'm expecting to use inspector with the new selected track but it is not happening here.

Bug 4 : I can't set lower limiting for fader.

- I think we need some kind of scaling for both main fader and sends. I think now it is like +- 0.1 db per movement. For example I prefer 1 db linear changes when I move faders.
- Gain trim would be nice. (pre-fx)
- We have pre-fx metering. Post-fx metering would be nice. Matching pre & post Fx loudness would be killer.

Regards

-
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 07:04 PM   #66
heda

I can understand it may be too slow, You can drag it again, don't need to drag it from the end of the bar. But yes, I can add a global setting to adjust faders/sends/knobs speed.

2 and 3 are solved in previous posts here. already fixed in next pre too.

4. there are two LIM buttons. Can you see the lower LIM button? Do you have OSX? maybe it's hidden below the menu? I can only test it in windows.

Gain trim. yes I agree. Would it be done by adding a gain plugin in the first slot?... mm this would count for the prefx metering, since its really prefx.

adding Post-fx metering to the future updates. thanks!

Last edited by heda; 03-17-2016 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:49 AM   #67
Sexan

Is there a way to change metering to dbfs? Is it implemented?
Old 03-18-2016, 04:37 AM   #68
heda

@Sexan It's already full scale up to 0.0. Do you mean LU? I want to add the LU scale option with 0.0 at -23
Old 03-18-2016, 04:49 AM   #69
musicbynumbers

Quote:
@Sexan It's already full scale up to 0.0. Do you mean LU? I want to add the LU scale option with 0.0 at -23
Heda. Be great if that scale can be changed to also do "LUFS" (or set our own "0" position in settings) as a lot of games are done to slightly higher than -23 (thanks mobile games!)

I think you already have the scale set at LUFS right though (I'm not at reaper to check right now) so maybe that's fine if scales are hard to do

EDIT: just saw the meter in the gif at the top of this page you do indeed already have LUFS!
Old 03-18-2016, 04:54 AM   #70
Sexan

The metering is showed in LUFS as I see,its different than reaper meters (I want to see the same (if possible ,but again not sure if everyone else feel the same or fimd it useful)) btw fader range is much bigger than reaper native (it goes over 12db)
Old 03-18-2016, 04:57 AM   #71
heda

in global options ini file you can change the reference green line from -23 to whatever you want. but it will still be LUFS. The option to change it to LU of your choice is not there yet.
You need to manually change the ini file as it is now, but I plan to do the UI for some of the settings so it is easier to change settings.
Old 03-18-2016, 04:59 AM   #72
musicbynumbers

Quote:
fader range is much bigger than reaper native (it goes over 12db)

I'm quite happy with this as I have 12dB set as my max in reaper anyway but an option would be good at some point or detecting what reaper already has set.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:02 AM   #73
snooks
Banned

I'm noticing high CPU and a steady increase in memory use with the script active. I'd prefer it not to be bytecode too, because it would be nice to be able to add and share custom sections.

I like the progress so far though, I suppose a general feature request that's more directed at Cockos would be for a keycommand pass through function like the MIDI editor has so that scripts with persistent GUIs like this don't eat keystrokes.

I'd also prefer the sections to be fixed sizes so that there isn't jumping around when changing tracks.

But good work!
snooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 05:02 AM   #74
heda

@Sexan: These are not like REAPER meters. These are RMS and Loudness meters.
for the fader range you can limit it to +12dB if you want by using the upper LIM button. I will add an option to always have some default limits set.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:17 AM   #75
heda

@snooks
I don't have any memory leak. But I'll keep an eye on it. that's important. are you sure it is caused by the script?
I agree with that feature request for Cockos about passing keyboard shortcuts
If sections are fixed, what happens when the contents don't fit? Right now if there are many fx or many sends or many notes, it may be that it doesn't fit, so I need to think some kind of scrolling.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:24 AM   #76
Sexan

I have some really silly questions,sorry in advance,can someone explain (I've already seen on the first page but still don't understand) pre-fx meter ? You can also click drag on the meter and it changes volume but I don't get what its doing regarding normal fader

Last edited by Sexan; 03-18-2016 at 05:37 AM.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:44 AM   #77
snooks
Banned

Quote:
@snooks
I don't have any memory leak. But I'll keep an eye on it. that's important. are you sure it is caused by the script?
It looks like the leak is coming from Wusikstation actually, but only when the track it contains is active with the TI. Without the TI there is no leak and with the TI focused on another track there is no leak. Doesn't happen with other VSTis I've tested.
snooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:07 AM   #78
musicbynumbers

Quote:
I have some really silly questions,sorry in advance,can someone explain (I've already seen on the first page but still don't understand) pre-fx meter ? You can also click drag on the meter and it changes volume but I don't get what its doing regarding normal fader
When you click on the pre-fx meter bit, the view will change to show the level before any track plugin effects and also post effects (but before fader) on the right of the meter.

It does this via a hidden set of 2 sends. does that help? if not let me know in more detail what's not being understood.

Clicking on the meter will take the post effect level and try and match it to the same level before the effects so that you end up with the same overall level you had before effects probably made the track louder. super useful!
Old 03-18-2016, 07:40 AM   #79
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
Clicking on the meter will take the post effect level and try and match it to the same level before the effects so that you end up with the same overall level you had before effects probably made the track louder. super useful!
that's clicking on the prefx match button that appears after activating pre-fx.
Another thing is to click anywhere on the loudness meter, and it will set IL to the value where you clicked. So clicking at where the prefx IL line would have similar result as clicking on the prefx match button.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:54 AM   #80
musicbynumbers

Quote:
that's clicking on the prefx match button that appears after activating pre-fx.
Another thing is to click anywhere on the loudness meter, and it will set IL to the value where you clicked. So clicking at where the prefx IL line would have similar result as clicking on the prefx match button.
Ah that's good to know!

One thing though, is that you might want this whole feature to be "protected" behind a mouse modifier instead of just left mouse click on it's own as it's easy to wreck the perfect level maybe by accidentally clicking on it