Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 04-12-2020, 12:53 PM   #841
amagalma
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonZ View Post
I said Raum because it's the first I tried but I cannot get to work with any, I think. Maybe I'm setting something incorrectly. Anyway, I send the project where I'm testing it.

Thanks for your help, by the way!

v1.33 on ReaPack fixes the problem. Thanks!
Old 04-13-2020, 01:47 AM   #842
GonZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by amagalma View Post
v1.33 on ReaPack fixes the problem. Thanks!
First of all, thanks. Thanks for the effort and your quickly answers. I've installed v. 1.33, restarted Reaper and tried again with this example project and still no luck.

As I don't want you waste time on it (due I might be doing something incorrectly), I'll try to record a video later in order to show you what exacly I'm doing (I'm surely making a mistake).
GonZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 03:15 AM   #843
amagalma

Yes, better a licecap.. Because I have no problem creating IRs with your test project or any other project.. The problem was when trying to save with a name of an existing file. This problem is solved.

BTW, do you have an SSD or an HDD?
Old 04-13-2020, 03:40 AM   #844
GonZ

Due you use same project as me, and creating the IR file is just selecting the reverb track and running your script, likely it's an issue from my computer...

Quote:
BTW, do you have an SSD or an HDD?
Reaper on an SSD and the folder where all the audio related to that project is being recorded on an HDD.

Last edited by GonZ; 04-13-2020 at 03:47 AM.
Old 04-13-2020, 07:04 AM   #845
amagalma

It's the same project... I can't understand what may be wrong. I can't reproduce at all! I tried changing various Reaper preferences but always no problem..

BTW, the sends from another track (in your project tr1) make no difference. The IR is captured inside the selected track. Sends from other tracks, send to master or not, etc do not make any difference.

Does the same happen with a new project? Using a different plugin?

Can you test in a fresh portable install?
amagalma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 07:44 AM   #846
GonZ

Quote:
It's the same project... I can't understand what may be wrong. I can't reproduce at all! I tried changing various Reaper preferences but always no problem..
I think our minds are going to explode

Quote:
BTW, the sends from another track (in your project tr1) make no difference. The IR is captured inside the selected track. Sends from other tracks, send to master or not, etc do not make any difference.
I supposed it, thanks for the aclaracion.

Quote:
Does the same happen with a new project? Using a different plugin?

Can you test in a fresh portable install?
I've tested it opening different new empty projects and with different reverb plugins (including ReaVerbate). No luck at all...

I've just installed a new portable Reaper (in a HDD is this time) and still rendered as silence.

I'm thinking is config-related... Track input/monitoring should be set in a specific way?
Old 04-13-2020, 10:42 AM   #847
amagalma

Please, load this lua and tell me where it fails.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:12 AM   #848
GonZ

Fails in the second step, "Were FX applied and result non-silence?". The audio file is created but in the second step remains the same as in the first step: the FX is not applied and the audio file resulting on the second step is still a silence files.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:50 AM   #849
amagalma

Then it may be time for a bug report to cockos, since the script uses native action 40209 (apply track/take FX to items)

Does this action work in your system?

Furthemore, just to be sure.. Run the script and stop it at the first step (when the fisrt file is created). Then pull the left edge of the item to the left and see if there is a spike. If not, then it failed in the first step.. If there is, then its action's 40209 problem.

Last edited by amagalma; 04-13-2020 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:29 PM   #850
GonZ

Yes, this action works.

I've done what you said and stop the script in the first step and yes, the one sample click is created. Knowing that the click is created outside of the "item view", I've done some test. I use the audio file ceate in the fisrt step (the file with the sample "click") and I've ran manually the action "apply track/take FX to items", resulting in an audio file with the reverb applied to the click.

So everything points an issue with the acction 40209 when is called by a script.... I guess

So, I ran again your testing script and stop it in the secons step, went to the generated file and expand it. The result is that, not only the reverb is not printed but also the sample click is deleted. So my final thoughts are that, as you said, there is an issue with the action 40209 (but when it's called by an script, by hand works....)
Old 04-13-2020, 03:06 PM   #851
amagalma

v1.34 will hopefully fix the problem

I think it was the Crop to Active Take action (next after Apply FX) that may have caused the problem in your system.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:33 AM   #852
GonZ

I've updated to 1.34 and still same issue. As before, "Crop to Active Take" action works in my computer when it's used manually.

I'm going to try to read the code during the day and trying to do step by step but by hand. I'll share what I get.
Old 04-14-2020, 01:43 AM   #853
JamesPeters

Quote:
1) the script uses native action 40209 (apply track/take FX to items) Does this action work in your system?

2) Furthermore, just to be sure.. Run the script and stop it at the first step (when the fisrt file is created). Then pull the left edge of the item to the left and see if there is a spike. If not, then it failed in the first step.. If there is, then its action's 40209 problem.
1) Yes that action works on my system (linux).

2) There is no spike when I do this. (Verion 1.34).
JamesPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 02:48 AM   #854
GonZ

I'll do manually step by step, and I get the IR file correctly. It has no sense for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
2) There is no spike when I do this. (Verion 1.34).
In this version, you won't see it. Please try the testing file which has a step by step checker in order to see if the spike is created.
Old 04-14-2020, 12:49 PM   #855
JamesPeters

Ok I tried that version as well and got silence for the files. But the it occurred to me if there's an automatic fade-in applied upon creation of the file (which is what my settings are by default, so files don't "click" when the play cursor passes over their start positions), maybe the dirac file won't create properly or maybe the impulse based on the dirac file won't create properly.

I disabled automatic fade-in on creation of new media items, and tried again. This time it worked. I ran an instance of ReaVerb using the impulse, and compared with the effects that I'd used to create the impulse (just a ReaEQ setting) and it sounded the same.

So this script does work but it requires new media items to not have fade-ins automatically applied to them. If the script would be able to use the "raw" audio data of the file instead of the "post-fade-in" version, that would solve this. I'm not sure if that's possible. Alternately I guess it could be included in the documentation that the automatic fade-in setting should be disabled while running the script (or a dialog pop-up asks if that setting were changed "yes/no", and quit the script if "no" is chosen).
Old 04-14-2020, 02:52 PM   #856
amagalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesPeters View Post
Ok I tried that version as well and got silence for the files. But the it occurred to me if there's an automatic fade-in applied upon creation of the file (which is what my settings are by default, so files don't "click" when the play cursor passes over their start positions), maybe the dirac file won't create properly or maybe the impulse based on the dirac file won't create properly.

I disabled automatic fade-in on creation of new media items, and tried again. This time it worked. I ran an instance of ReaVerb using the impulse, and compared with the effects that I'd used to create the impulse (just a ReaEQ setting) and it sounded the same.

So this script does work but it requires new media items to not have fade-ins automatically applied to them. If the script would be able to use the "raw" audio data of the file instead of the "post-fade-in" version, that would solve this. I'm not sure if that's possible. Alternately I guess it could be included in the documentation that the automatic fade-in setting should be disabled while running the script (or a dialog pop-up asks if that setting were changed "yes/no", and quit the script if "no" is chosen).

Thanks JamesPeters! This is it! I managed to duplicate the error. Fixed in v1.35

Last edited by amagalma; 04-14-2020 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-14-2020, 05:33 PM   #857
JamesPeters

Confirmed, thanks! This will probably come in handy.
Old 04-14-2020, 10:22 PM   #858
_TIP_

Quote:
Thanks JamesPeters! This is it! I managed to duplicate the error. Fixed in v1.35
Hi amagalma, I just updated to v1.35 but unfortunately, I'm still getting a blank file every time I run the script. (Win 10 64bit, Reaper 6)
_TIP_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 01:40 AM   #859
GonZ

Quote:
Fixed here! I cannot believe it, how could I not realize of the fades?!

Thanks JamesPeters! And thanks, thanks and thanks for all your patience, amagalma!

Can I ask for a last favor? Can be included an option in the script dialog to toggle between show/not show IR file in explorer?
Old 04-15-2020, 03:58 AM   #860
amagalma

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonZ View Post
Fixed here! I cannot believe it, how could I not realize of the fades?!

Thanks JamesPeters! And thanks, thanks and thanks for all your patience, amagalma!

Can I ask for a last favor? Can be included an option in the script dialog to toggle between show/not show IR file in explorer?

Option added in v1.37. You can now set the default values inside the script too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _TIP_ View Post
Hi amagalma, I just updated to v1.35 but unfortunately, I'm still getting a blank file every time I run the script. (Win 10 64bit, Reaper 6)

Please attach a licecap and a sample project. Thanks!
Old 04-15-2020, 04:20 AM   #861
mschnell

Admin:

Could you move the to this sticky thread totally off-topc stuff in #839 ff in some appropriate thread ?

Thanks,
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 04:43 AM   #862
amagalma

We have hijacked this thread too. Can a moderator move posts from 838 up to 862 to this thread, please? Thanks!

Last edited by amagalma; 04-15-2020 at 05:26 AM.
Old 04-17-2020, 03:11 PM   #863
Meo-Ada Mespotine

I have a conceptual question about Reapack.

I have a very slow internet connection. It's reliable but only has 300kbit/s.
I have tried to install my Ultraschall-API to test, if my index-file is still valid.
Now, I observed a behavior, I'm not sure, if I got it right.

When Reaper tries downloading this file:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ul...mentation.html

it always claims,
"Timeout was reached (28): Operation too slow. Less than 1 bytes/sec transferred the last 15 seconds"

The file itself is 3.4 MB in size.
Now here's the thing, when downloading the file with any other tool, it works. It takes a while but it always works and never stops due a too slow connection.
Unlike ReaPack, which claims, downloading is too slow.

Now I think, that the error-message ReaPack gives me seems to be misleading, as it seems to be, that the download wasn't less than 1 byte/sec, but rather, that the file couldn't be downloaded within 15 seconds.
This itselfs leads ReaPack to think, that the downloading altogether stopped as it didn't get a "downloading complete"-response within the 15 secs.

So the error-message would be more accurate if it stated "downloading of the file took longer than 15 seconds".

Did I get it right or could there be another explanation of the behavior?
It's always the same file killing ReaPack, all other files I've downloaded until the aforementioned one, worked, and all of them are smaller in size.
I also doubt, it's a Github-problem, as otherwise I would be flooded by bugreports probably.

Edit: Have the same problem with updating ReaPack, so even 2.3MB files seem to be too huge.

On vacation for the time being...

Last edited by Meo-Ada Mespotine; 04-17-2020 at 03:42 PM.
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:37 PM   #864
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mespotine View Post
as it seems to be, that the download wasn't less than 1 byte/sec, but rather, that the file couldn't be downloaded within 15 seconds.
There is no total time limit on how long a download can take.

Maybe test downloading the file using cURL (command line), which is the library ReaPack uses internally.

Code:
curl 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ultraschall/ultraschall-lua-api-for-reaper/Ultraschall-API-4.00---final/ultraschall_api/Documentation/Reaper_Api_Documentation.html' > /dev/null
It will output stats about the transfer speeds. ReaPack times out if the current speed drops below 1 byte/sec for more than 15 seconds.
Code:
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
100 3363k  100 3363k    0     0  4420k      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:-- 4414k
This should behave the same way as ReaPack:
Code:
curl -L --connect-timeout 15 --speed-limit 1 --speed-time 15 'https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Ultraschall/ultraschall-lua-api-for-reaper/Ultraschall-API-4.00---final/ultraschall_api/Documentation/Reaper_Api_Documentation.html' > /dev/null

Last edited by cfillion; 04-17-2020 at 08:47 PM.
cfillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 04:28 AM   #865
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Ok, will check on that. Thanks.

Old 04-19-2020, 12:52 AM   #866
Sexan

Edit...

Last edited by Sexan; 04-19-2020 at 01:06 AM.
Sexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 02:00 AM   #867
amagalma

There is API to install a repository.
Code:
ReaPack_AddSetRepository( name, url, enable, autoInstall )
ReaPack_ProcessQueue( refreshUI )
Is there a way to install a certain package? I could work around it with JS_ReaScriptAPI and do the selection and clicking, but would prefer an API.

EDIT.. Tried but failed..

If I manually right-click once then the following code can toggle the Install or not. But if I don't do it manually then it does nothing. And if I send a right-click message button (WM_RBUTTONDOWN) then the window that opens does not contain all the items..
Code:
ReaPackhwnd = reaper.JS_Window_Find( "Browse packages", true )
SysList = reaper.JS_Window_FindChildByID( ReaPackhwnd, 0xD4 )
reaper.JS_WindowMessage_Post(SysList, "WM_LBUTTONDOWN", 0x0001, 0, 150, 35)
reaper.JS_WindowMessage_Post(SysList, "WM_LBUTTONUP", 0x0000, 0, 150, 35)
reaper.JS_Window_OnCommand(ReaPackhwnd, 302)

Last edited by amagalma; 04-22-2020 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:08 AM   #868
juliansader

@cfillion

I am trying to update two of my scripts in the MIDI editor section:
* js_Mouse editing - Multi tool.lua
* js_Notation - Set beaming of selected notes to custom rhythm.lua

When synchronizing ReaPack (on Linux x64), the new versions are downloaded and installed, but no changelog is provided.

Could you please check if I am doing something wrong?

In the case of the Multi Tool script, for example, I have this at the start of the script:
Code:
--[[
ReaScript name: js_Mouse editing - Multi Tool.lua
Version: 5.35
and this in the separate changelog section:
Code:
--[[
  Changelog:
  * v5.35 (2020-04-26)
    + Works in inline editor (and automatically installs in inline editor section).
    + Implement 2-sided warp (toggle with right-click while warping). 
    + Fixed: Notes that extend beyond right edge of editor.
]]
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 12:12 PM   #869
juliansader

I think I found a formatting error in the Multi Tool script, but even after fixing it, the changelog is still blank in ReaPack.

EDIT: I edited the ReaScripts/index.xml file manually, and the changelogs now show up correctly.

Last edited by juliansader; 04-29-2020 at 01:54 AM.
Old 04-29-2020, 02:12 AM   #870
juliansader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
Are you on Linux? RTF display is not implemented there yet. SWELL-generic cannot display rich text in its text edit control. Maybe translating the RTF data into plain text and displaying that would be better than nothing for now though, I'll look into it.

(If you're familiar with C++ and would like to help, the corresponding source code is RichEdit::setRichText in richedit-generic.cpp.)
Most of my scripts have extensive "Description and Instructions" in the About section, and I often refer users to this information, so plain text would certainly be better than nothing.
Old 04-29-2020, 04:52 PM   #871
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
the new versions are downloaded and installed, but no changelog is provided.

Could you please check if I am doing something wrong?
Good catch, 1.2.3rc1 has a regression that breaks the pre-ReaPack-style compatibility changelog syntax you're using. Fixing, but I recommend using the changelog tag instead as the compatibility changelog parser is likely to be removed in the future.

Also, ReaScript Name (description) should not include js_ nor .lua (at current time this is only enforced when using the GUI at https://reapack.com/upload, but will likely apply to all scripts in the future).

Code:
@description Deselect all MIDI except in active channel of active take
@version 2.01
@changelog Small improvement.
@author juliansader
@link http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=176878
@donation https://www.paypal.me/juliansader
@provides [main=midi_editor,midi_inlineeditor] .
@about
  # DESCRIPTION

When working with multi-channel MIDI items, it is often necessary to limit selection and editing to events in a single MIDI channel.

Somme -- but not all -- of REAPER's native selection functions (such as right-drag marquee select) have been updated to select only 
      events in the MIDI editor's active channel, if a channel is selected in the editor's "Channel" dropdown list.

In all other cases, this script can be used to deselect unwanted events.

If the mouse is over an inline editor in the arrange view when the script is run (from a keyboard shortcut), the inline editor will affected.
  Otherwise, the script will affect the last-used MIDI editor.

Sysex and meta events do not carry channel info, so will always be deselected.

TIP: REAPER's inline editor does not provide a native function for selecting the active MIDI channel.  The script "js_Select channel for new events for MIDI editor under mouse.lua" can be used instead.

Last edited by cfillion; 04-29-2020 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-04-2020, 02:53 PM   #872
J Reverb

Hi cfillion,
I have uploaded a few scripts via reapack upload tools and think I have done everything right. I am seeing You have 4 pull requests pending review on ReaTeam/ReaScripts:
Is there something I need to do next apart from wait ?
Thanks very much.
J.
J Reverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 05:49 PM   #873
junh1024

I've been refraining to do Reapack cuz while my tools are useful, the repo itself & development is messy. e.g, I may break & delete tools. But so far 2 people (wizplays & mrlimbic) have asked.

Here's my repo: https://github.com/junh1024/Reaper-Surround

I have some qns:

- What happens when I delete & rename files from my repo? Are they changed for the end-user?
- Is it possible to store JSFX in the root of the repo, but when users get my pack, they are enclosed in a folder?
- I use native Git for Windows on cmd.exe (NOT powershell). Is it possible to run reapack-index from that ?
- Is it possible to have a script that bumps a dated version number in the XML? e.g 20200115 to 20200116 ?
- What do I do about readme/ documentation? Some of them have limitations or best practices I want to explain. This is on readme.md on my repo.

Do I HAVE to have the following headers in ALL my JSFX?
Code:
 * JSFX Name: 
 * Author: 
 * Licence: GPL v3
 * REAPER: 5.0
 * Version: 1.0
thanks -J
junh1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 06:33 PM   #874
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by junh1024 View Post
- What happens when I delete & rename files from my repo? Are they changed for the end-user?
By default, users are prompted whether to uninstall obsolete packages (packages are obsolete when they are installed but don't exist in the repository anymore). ReaPack won't delete them unless asked to.

Quote:
- Is it possible to store JSFX in the root of the repo, but when users get my pack, they are enclosed in a folder?
The installation path can be different from how the files are stored in the git repository. However, package files (where the metadata is) must be stored in a top-level directory for reapack-index. It is used to set the category name.

Quote:
- I use native Git for Windows on cmd.exe (NOT powershell). Is it possible to run reapack-index from that ?
Yes. reapack-index does not care which shell is used.

Quote:
- Is it possible to have a script that bumps a dated version number in the XML? e.g 20200115 to 20200116 ?
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Versions numbers are usually set by the metadata header read by reapack-index. You could also make your own script to generate index.xml. The format of index.xml is documented in ReaPack's wiki on GitHub.

20200115 is not a valid version number (each numeric segment are limited to 16-bit). You could split it in multiple segments: 2020-01-15 is valid.

Quote:
- What do I do about readme/ documentation? Some of them have limitations or best practices I want to explain. This is on readme.md on my repo.
reapack-index ignores files it does not recognize (including .md). Also, ReaPack has a documentation feature for each package. Documentation can be set using the "about" metadata tag (it uses markdown).

Quote:
Do I HAVE to have the following headers in ALL my JSFX?
A header is required per-package (not necessarily per-file) for reapack-index, however the standard header format for JSFXs is (as generated by https://reapack.com/upload/jsfx):
Code:
desc: Sound Doctor
author: John Doe
version: 1.0.1
changelog: General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience
about:
  # Sound Doctor

This JSFX makes anything sound good thanks to Turboencabulator technology.

1. Set the "Sound" parameter to "Good"
  2. Route audio to the plugin
  3. Enjoy good sound

In the future, a new "Great" mode will be added. Stay tuned!

slider1:sound=0<0,1,1{Bad,Good}>Sound
// rest of the code...

Last edited by cfillion; 05-05-2020 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-05-2020, 08:09 PM   #875
junh1024

Thank you for your detailed reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfillion View Post
By default, users are prompted whether to uninstall obsolete packages (packages are obsolete when they are installed but don't exist in the repository anymore). ReaPack won't delete them unless asked to.
The way I envision my part, is that there is a single package for my entire git repo. What happens if I delete a file from inside my repo/package?

Quote:
reapack-index ignores files it does not recognize (including .md)
ATM, my JSFX have the .txt extension. (& python as .py) Will that be a problem? Is it possible to include txt by default?
junh1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 01:55 PM   #876
cfillion

Quote:
The way I envision my part, is that there is a single package for my entire git repo. What happens if I delete a file from inside my repo/package?
It will be deleted when users update the package to the next version.

I do not recommend bundling an entire repository in one package because it blocks the ability to individually install/update/downgrade unrelated packages. Bundling closely-related JSFX together is encouraged though.

Quote:
ATM, my JSFX have the .txt extension. (& python as .py) Will that be a problem? Is it possible to include txt by default?
.txt are detected as MIDI Note Name packages by reapack-index. .jsfx as JSFX and .py as ReaScript. Matching files that not to intended indexed can be ignored either using a @noindex tag, command line option or .reapack-index.conf file (the later two options supports ignoring entire directories).

You can have a .jsfx package install a .txt file instead of itself, but just renaming to .jsfx and appending a header is probably easier.
Old 05-07-2020, 04:35 PM   #877
cfillion

ReaPack v1.2.3rc2

Added:
  • Enable the documentation viewer on Linux (without rich text formatting) [p=2247988]
  • Support the multimonitor aware v2 HiDPI mode (REAPER 6.04+) [p=2220836]
Changed:
  • Deprecate macOS 10.7 and 10.8 support instead of completely removing it

reapack-index v1.2.3rc2

Fixed:
  • Fix parsing of the deprecated compatibility changelog format (regression from v1.2.3rc1) [p=2278030]
Old 05-31-2020, 10:56 AM   #878
Meo-Ada Mespotine

I just wanted to add the ReaPack-link for JS-extension, after updating to the latest version of ReaPack but when I try to add it to the Import repositories-dialog, it will not be added.

This is the link to the file I use:
https://github.com/ReaTeam/Extension...ster/index.xml

ReaPack allows adding my own Ultraschall-API without a problem so I'm not sure, whether it's a ReaPack-problem of if Julian's index-file is corrupt.

Tested on Windows 7, Reaper 6.11, ReaPack 1.2.3

Old 05-31-2020, 11:01 AM   #879
cfillion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meo-Ada Mespotine View Post
when I try to add it to the Import repositories-dialog, it will not be added.
What's the error message?

That's the stock ReaTeam Extensions release repository so it's enabled by default.

Last edited by cfillion; 05-31-2020 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-31-2020, 11:23 AM   #880
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Ah, that's the problem, it's already in there but I didn't get it, due it not saying JS-extension specifically in the description.

That also explains, why there was no error-message...