Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 05-25-2020, 06:15 AM   #1
curmudgeoncucumber
Human being with feelings

Default Will ReaJS ever be updated so we can run newer JSFX outside of Reaper?

Missing out on quite a bit because Reaper is not my main DAW and i have no intentions of making it so.mostly use it for mixing other peoples projects.hope you will at least consider it
curmudgeoncucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 07:34 AM   #2
sai'ke

There's an open feature request thread for this: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=219785

It might be interesting to make a list of incompatiblities in this thread. We could maybe assemble a temporary patch library that can work for the time being.

The only one I've run into was the absence of fft_real. Arguably, at the cost of a larger memory footprint and some wasted CPU cycles, it should not be so difficult to replace actually.

I'm not aware of any other functionalities that were added since the last update of ReaJS.
Old 05-25-2020, 03:36 PM   #3
Meo-Ada Mespotine

New features aside, it could benefit from numerous bugfixes in JSFX, so I would support that.

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 11:36 PM   #4
curmudgeoncucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai'ke View Post
There's an open feature request thread for this: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=219785

It might be interesting to make a list of incompatiblities in this thread. We could maybe assemble a temporary patch library that can work for the time being.

The only one I've run into was the absence of fft_real. Arguably, at the cost of a larger memory footprint and some wasted CPU cycles, it should not be so difficult to replace actually.

I'm not aware of any other functionalities that were added since the last update of ReaJS.
Apologies.i'm new to the forum and didn't see this
curmudgeoncucumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 05:52 AM   #5
sai'ke

Quote:
Originally Posted by curmudgeoncucumber View Post
Apologies.i'm new to the forum and didn't see this
No problem. I didn't mind it, just thought I'd point it out.

I'd also like to see it updated, but the reaper devs are just really busy and I can totally understand that actual reaper functionality has a higher priority than something that's essentially just a nice gift to producers that use other DAWs.

I need a solid block of a few hours time, but it really shouldn't be hard to re-implement fft_real in JSFX. Then it could just be a drop-in replacement for a ReaJS-specific version.

It would probably not be a completely effort-free drop in replacement as I don't think it can be done entirely in place, because you'd need a temporary buffer to reconstruct the FFT post FFT.