Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 05-27-2020, 09:37 AM   #1
ook
Human being with feelings

Default Kontakt/Multi-instrument tracks:Create new track with two-way MIDI<=>Audio sends

Mostly helpful to users of multi-instrument VSTs like Kontakt or EW PLAY.

https://i.imgur.com/yblMNqN.gif

For this to work, you need to enable Project Settings -> "Allow feedback in routing". Personally, I also disable *Master Send* on the multi-instrument track.

1. Select your Kontakt/multi-instrument track and execute this action.
2. A new track is created
3. New track gets a new MIDI send to your multi-instrument
4. Multi-instrument track gets a new audio send to your new track

Except a few edge cases, now your new track will behave like it's actually hosting the instrument! You can put effects on it, create sends, etc.

One limitation: you cannot folder these new tracks beneath the multi-instrument track due to the way feedback works in Reaper.

Also find on ReaPack under "Insert new track with two-way midi/audio send to selected track".
ook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2020, 01:31 PM   #2
SkippySounds

Default Total Number of Tracks

What is the maximum number of these tracks that you have successfully used in a session? More specifically, how many multitimbral tracks have you used?
SkippySounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 03:39 AM   #3
jojo5ound

Default possible improvement

Hi,
first tx alot this is a very useful script

may I propose that the new created track
will have input set to midi (all midi inputs)

will save extra time

Best,
Jonathan
jojo5ound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2021, 08:37 AM   #4
Yanick

There are several (in my opinion) drawbacks
1) The smallest channel should be determined not only at the end but also in the middle, for example, if you delete an intermediate track. Defining channels inside the Kontakt sampler works similarly
2) It's strange that tracks are made at the end of the project, if there are already some other VSTi instruments after Kontakt
3) Feedback routing should be activated automatically in the project settings if the user has not activated it
4) The script should automatically remove the master send from a multichannel instrument.
5) The script should automatically increase sequentially the number of channels on the track with Kontakt. For example, if there are 3 tracks, then 6 channels (3 stereo pairs). Otherwise, the script will set an empty channel if its number exceeds the number of channels on the track with Kontakt
6) Feedback routing is not the best solution per se. Better to do it in two tracks.Therefore, additional scripts are needed
In my repository (in my signature) I have implemented these things, you can test as well. Thanks if you find bugs or provide tips! We can develop this topic together

Last edited by Yanick; 01-06-2021 at 09:03 AM.
Yanick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 10:58 AM   #5
MonkeyBars

Enabling feedback caused me no end of headaches, so I created a different workflow with grouped MIDI track in TCP and audio in MCP.

To automate creation of VI track pairs, use my script that creates a pair of grouped tracks for virtual instrument management...
MonkeyBars is offline   Reply With Quote