Old 05-26-2020, 07:55 AM   #1
SVSC
Human being with feelings

Default Piano roll colours

Hi, is it possible to recolour the piano roll in Reaper without affecting the main theme?
I know I can change the note colour by pitch and whatever else but it would be good to have a choice of overall colours for the notes, the background (grid) and the rather drab light grey under the piano keyboard representation.

I have set up a custom tool bar for my piano roll and ideally would also like an easy way to change the colour of those icons (and the icons, too, if not difficult).

I only recently discovered (doh!) that I could change the piano roll colour in Reason and I have to say that it made it a lot easier on the eye and actually easier to work with for me.

Btw, bought my license yesterday having evaluated for a few weeks.
Reaper seems the perfect partner to R10 Intro (upgrading to 11 soon to get VST within Reaper option).
A big part of doing so was not just Reaper itself but the community and the video and other help available (esp. Kenny Goia).

I also tried out FL Studio (nice piano roll, some nice sounds (some atrocious ones, too) but completely baffling workflow (esp. audio) and very 'young' community in forums (made me feel old). Waveform likewise was completely alien to me and while I liked Studio One 4 and will continue to use Prime (the free version) their pricing is out of my league.
So, I am glad to be among you.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg R10.jpeg (52.5 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by SVSC; 05-26-2020 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Adding info.
SVSC is offline   Reply With Quote