CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 05-05-2020, 02:22 PM   #1
gravyface
Human being with feelings

Default Direct monitoring?

I have NINJAM on the Master folder.

I've created a separate track called "Drums" and my e-drum module is connected to 1/2 on my USB interface, which is configured as the input channels and recording is armed in Reaper.

I can see level when I play the e-drums and hear it, as I'm direct monitoring off my interface.

Problem is, I don't see any level on my Local Channels meter (and nobody can hear me) unless Record Monitoring is ON, which I don't want.

Can you not setup direct monitoring with NINJAM?
gravyface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 11:14 PM   #2
pljones

This doesn't sound like it's to do with NINJAM.

First, get set up so you're hearing through your host as you're happy with -- don't start using NINJAM until you've done that.

(It's fairly obvious but I'll say it: if you're not able to hear yourself through your host, there's no way any plugin - NINJAM or anything - will be able to process your audio.)
pljones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 06:43 AM   #3
gravyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by pljones View Post
This doesn't sound like it's to do with NINJAM.

First, get set up so you're hearing through your host as you're happy with -- don't start using NINJAM until you've done that.

(It's fairly obvious but I'll say it: if you're not able to hear yourself through your host, there's no way any plugin - NINJAM or anything - will be able to process your audio.)
I can hear through the host: if I turn Record Monitoring to ON on the track that's armed and has hardware inputs assigned (DTX L/R is into channels 1/2 on Soundcraft Signature MTK 12) and deselect MST (Master routing) on those mixer channels so I'm not hearing double, I can hear it no problem.

Actually, people said they could hear my percussion in the channel, but the Local Channels meter wasn't showing anything unless Record Monitoring was set to ON.

How I figured something was off was when I checked my local session cache and dragged the .log file into Reaper, the local tracks were an empty flatlined wav... until I later enabled Record Monitoring, which produced signal in the Ninjam Local Channels meter, and then the local track in the session recordings had appropriate level.

Last edited by gravyface; 05-06-2020 at 07:12 AM.
Old 05-06-2020, 02:38 PM   #4
pljones

OK, so it sounds like you have NINJAM working, right?
pljones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2020, 04:58 PM   #5
gravyface

Quote:
Originally Posted by pljones View Post
OK, so it sounds like you have NINJAM working, right?
I do, I just don’t have it working when I’m direct monitoring: session recording shows no level at all.