Old 11-12-2019, 07:56 AM   #1
Caelumamittendum
Human being with feelings

Default Old song re-recorded and edited a bit

Thought I'd share this progressive metal song I wrote a long time ago, which I have since changed a few things with and re-recorded. I also created a video for it (which was not made in Reaper though). It's the first time I've ever created a playthrough video.

Caelumamittendum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:08 AM   #2
toleolu

I really like the tone on that guitar, especially during the the solo parts where it sounds like you're using a phaser or something like that. Kind of had a bit of a Yes vibe to it.

Would you mind me asking what your setup is on that?? Type of pickups in the guitar, pedals, plugins, amp settings, etc.

Nice job.
toleolu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:33 AM   #3
Caelumamittendum

Quote:
Originally Posted by toleolu View Post
I really like the tone on that guitar, especially during the the solo parts where it sounds like you're using a phaser or something like that. Kind of had a bit of a Yes vibe to it.

Would you mind me asking what your setup is on that?? Type of pickups in the guitar, pedals, plugins, amp settings, etc.

Nice job.
The guitar is an RG3570Z with a Tone Zone, True Velvet and Air Norton. Plugins used are Bias FX ("Mesa Rectifier MIX" is the tonecloud preset, which I tweaked a little bit) as well as an Rcompressor from Waves and Maserati Gti Stereo. I just chose some presets I thought sounded nice in those.

Thanks for the kind words. Yes is an awesome band, so I'll take that as a compliment
Caelumamittendum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:55 AM   #4
Glennbo

Pretty cool piece! Like King Crimson meets Joe Satriani or something. I like the blend of classical influence with metal.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote