Old 07-08-2019, 01:51 AM   #1
Phazma
Human being with feelings

Default Fade curve - relative edge edit?

I know it is possible to edit the fade time of multiple item's fades together. It is also possible to select a specific curve that is applied to all selected item's fades. But how can I set Reaper up so that the fade curve of all selected items is adjusted together when I left-drag one item's fade while holding the mouse modifier assigned to "Adjust fade curve"?
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:37 PM   #2
hopi

I don't find a way to that... and in a way it makes sense cuz what if you have diff curves on each item?
Old 07-08-2019, 11:56 PM   #3
Phazma

Well if the curves are of different shapes of course Reaper should ignore the selection and only tweak the current curve, but if the curves are equal it would still be handy if this worked (and if only fade time differs but the curve is the same it could adjust it proportionally).
This would be very useful for example if you are mixing a track with each drum hit split into separate items and want to fade out the tail equally. And if to get it just right you need to adjust the curve a bit, the way it is now you afterwards have to either edit the curve of each item's fade individually or delete all other items and replace them with the one having the right curve.
I guess I will post this as a feature request.
Phazma is offline   Reply With Quote