Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 08-13-2011, 02:53 AM   #1
technogremlin
Human being with feelings

Default Tascam US-2400 compatibility, setup, experiences

I have a Tascam US-2400, a great and especially BIG control-surface, and am very happy with it. It is a great controller in combination with Reaper and can nicely work together with certain features of Reaper. I have most of it's functionality working with Reaper and like to share my experience with those that have one too but can't get it to work properly, or those that are looking to get one. I still have some things to work out and I'll update this topic as I go along.

If you have any questions, suggestions and/or experience you like to share, please post here and I'll react accordingly

First a picture and some specific features:

- 24 motorized 110mm faders, touch sensitive
- Motorized 110mm master-fader, touch sensitive
- Transport controls
- Jog-wheel
- Mute, solo & select buttons per channel
- One endless rotary encoder per channel with visual feedback
- Visual feedback on rotaries can act as VU-meters
- 24 rotaries can together act as one virtual mixer-strip
- Joystick

Basic setup:

To get the US-2400 basically working with Reaper, meaning faders are mapped to 24 channels and panning works, You have to do the following things:

- Set the US-2400 to 'Mackie Control - Sonar optimized'.
- In Reaper, add a 'Mackie Control Universal, offset 0, for the Tascam's first USB-channel.
- add a Mackie Control Extender, offset 8, for the Tascam's second USB-channel.
- add a Mackie Control Extender, offset 16, for the Tascam's third USB-channel.

What works:

- Motorized faders with feedback
- Panning & visual feedback on panning-controls
- Mute, solo & select buttons
- Transport control
- Jog-wheel
- Mixer-strip mode
- VU-meter bridge mode
- Bank-switching (only 8 channels blocks though)

What doesn't work (yet):

- Joystick

Last edited by technogremlin; 12-15-2014 at 03:00 AM.
technogremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 02:54 AM   #2
technogremlin

channel-strip mode

The US-2400 has a great channels-trip mode. With this button (chan, just above the pan button), you switch the pan-rotaries for aal 24 channels to emulate one big channel-strip. You can now map (through MIDI-learn in Reaper) those controls to anything you want to do on a selected channel. For example, I have a ReaEQ loaded by default on each channel, that is mapped to the specific rotaries that are labeled for EQ. I've made channel templates that have ReaEQ by default mapped to the controls, so simply loading a channel gives me channel-strip control from the US-2400.

Setup:

The channel-strip is sending its control data on the fifth USB-channel for the Tascam.

- In Reaper, go to the MIDI setup in config.
- Select the Tascam's fifth USB-channel and set it to: Enabled + Control.

That's it, you can now map the rotaries to anything in Reaper with MIDI-learn, when the US-2400 is set in channel mode.

VU-meter bridge mode:

You can switch the US-2400 rotary read-outs into VU-meter mode with one of the buttons in the master section of the controller.

Function buttons:

There are six buttons that are numbered 1-6. Those can be used as function buttons that can be mapped in Reaper. I have a button setup to toggle loop-mode, and another one to toggle the metronome.

Last edited by technogremlin; 03-05-2015 at 03:01 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:55 AM   #3
technogremlin

everything else goes here

Last edited by technogremlin; 03-05-2015 at 03:01 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:55 AM   #4
technogremlin

Online reviews

- http://community.musiciansfriend.com/docs/DOC-2230
- http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct0...scamus2400.htm

Want to buy one ?

The US-2400 is out of production for some years now, so if you want to pick one up you'll have to look for second hand. I have the feeling that most owners will never part with it (you have to pry it from my dead cold hands ) but every now and then they show up on auction-sites and such. If I see one I'll link it here. If you see one for sale (and don't want it for your self) please post here and I'll add it to the list below.

Last edited by technogremlin; 03-05-2015 at 03:02 AM.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:18 AM   #5
Fritz

"What doesn't work (yet):

- Bank-switching"

This is where it would be nice to have actions to disable and enable control surface configurations. You could have two instances of the same surface with a different offset. Or in your case 3 for the first 24 and 3 for the second 24

Joystick

Try using midi learn to set that to do whatever you want in the actions
Fritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #6
technogremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
"What doesn't work (yet):

- Bank-switching"

This is where it would be nice to have actions to disable and enable control surface configurations. You could have two instances of the same surface with a different offset. Or in your case 3 for the first 24 and 3 for the second 24
Well, so far I haven't gone over 24 channels (but soon will ), so that's why I haven't yet come around to figuring out how to get bank-switching to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
Joystick

Try using midi learn to set that to do whatever you want in the actions
I found out today (by going through the manuals and other docs) that the joystick has it's own midi-port, that I have to enable in Reaper for receiving control-messages. The same is with the mixer-strip mode, I'll document this tomorrow in the posts above
Old 09-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #7
Teddy

How is this project going? There's a Us-2400 up for sale in my hometown at the moment, and it looks really nice.
Teddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 01:29 AM   #8
ZeeByeZon

Hi
This sounds interesting, how do you make it work? Does it use mackie emulation or something like this?
ZeeByeZon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #9
JoeyM123

While I posted this once elsewhere, it's a step-by-step to what worked for me in Windows 7 x86 with a Fireface and MIDI keyboard. I still don't have joystick control yet, but for the basic set-up:

1. In Reaper Leave MIDI disabled for all channels (except regular MIDI)
2. Under Control Surfaces, create Mackie Control Universal, offset 16
3. Create 2nd MAckie Control Universal, offset 8
4. Create 3rd MCU with 0 offset.

Thanks to "spoon", and I'm sure thanks in advance for how to make the joystick work and any other goodies.

Last edited by JoeyM123; 10-26-2011 at 01:13 AM.
JoeyM123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:00 PM   #10
HossKing

Default US-2400

Love it!! Love it!! Love it!!
Just received my US 2400 Today!! Had it up and running in no time at all thanks to you guys!

I was using a VS 2480 as a control surface.

The 2400 is much nicer with the full 24 faders up front (Looks way cooler too!)

The only thing I think I will miss is the Marker buttons on the VS-2480. But other than that, Way cool!!
HossKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #11
sodium

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossKing View Post
Love it!! Love it!! Love it!!
Just received my US 2400 Today!! Had it up and running in no time at all thanks to you guys!
Massive jealousy...;p

There's two on ebay right now but I'm just so unsure about how well they've been maintained. One *looks* okay but one looks kind of dodgy...
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=tascam+us+2400

May I ask where you found yours? (I am in Australia btw so that makes everything twice as tricky in regards remote purchases)
Old 02-26-2012, 07:31 PM   #12
HossKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodium View Post
Massive jealousy...;p

There's two on ebay right now but I'm just so unsure about how well they've been maintained. One *looks* okay but one looks kind of dodgy...
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=tascam+us+2400

May I ask where you found yours? (I am in Australia btw so that makes everything twice as tricky in regards remote purchases)
Hey Sodium,

I bought mine on ebay for about $730.00. If you choose to look on ebay just do your homework. Ask the seller questions, Check feedback.

If everything checks out and you can swing it, I say go for it!!
HossKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #13
Xansky

Default Rotary controllers

Has anyone been able to get the rotary controllers to work for anything other than Pan and as meters? For example, the controllers are labeled as though they could be used to set EQ parameters. Has anyone been able to make them work to control plug-ins like ReaEQ?

Thanks!
Old 10-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #14
JonnyGinese

have you guys gotten the bank switchers working on the US-2400 yet?
JonnyGinese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:12 PM   #15
JonnyGinese

The reason i ask is because a friend wants to sell me his US-2400 and custom built housing for $500. Everything is fully functional.

Its a nice build. Setup to have 2 monitors on the back end of it with an arm rest.

But I want to make sure the bank switch works or that there is a solution to get it to work.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg us2400.jpg (55.5 KB, 28225 views)
Old 10-09-2012, 02:44 AM   #16
JonnyGinese

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyM123 View Post
While I posted this once elsewhere, it's a step-by-step to what worked for me in Windows 7 x86 with a Fireface and MIDI keyboard. I still don't have joystick control yet, but for the basic set-up:

2. Under Control Surfaces, create Mackie Control Universal, offset 16
3. Create 2nd MAckie Control Universal, offset 8
4. Create 3rd MCU with 0 offset.

Thanks to "spoon", and I'm sure thanks in advance for how to make the joystick work and any other goodies.
FYI, after figuring out what this post meant I was able to hook it up pretty quick.

On my Windows 7 the ports show up as:
US-2400
MIDIIN2
MIDIIN3
MIDIIN4
MIDIIN5
Here is what I did.
On the tascam I put it in NATIVE mode. press the power button so its throbbing/breathing. Hold SEL on the master fader and then I believe my fireware has native as AUX 5(I have V 1.01). or at least that's the one that worked best for me. Then press the power button while holding both SEL and AUX 5.

Under Control Surfaces
2. Create 1st Mackie Control Universal, Port: US-2400 IN/OUT, offset 16.
This is the port for your transporter, master and Scrub wheel. Without the offset the faders will be right next to the transporter and everything will be backwards.
3. Create 2nd Mackie Control Universal, Port: MIDIIN2/MIDIOUT2, offset 8
This offset makes this bank the second section of 8 faders
4. Create 3rd Mackie Control Universal, Port: MIDIIN3/MIDIOUT3, 0 offset.
This offset puts the faders in the right most band (17-24)

The + Bank and - Bank buttons work but they go in sections of 8 instead of 24. Is there a way to get it to switch per 24 channels?

Last edited by JonnyGinese; 10-09-2012 at 03:04 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:28 PM   #17
Illusionaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xansky View Post
Has anyone been able to get the rotary controllers to work for anything other than Pan and as meters? For example, the controllers are labeled as though they could be used to set EQ parameters. Has anyone been able to make them work to control plug-ins like ReaEQ?

Thanks!
Same here! Well, almost. I've managed to use the channel mode but it doesn't seem to always work. Also there is no feedback and thus no position recall.

I assigned the ports 1,2 and 3 as instructed and I set up the 4,5,6 as midi devices enabled for control messages. Midi in and out both enabled. I even set up a midi hardware send for the channels so that it would transmit the messages to the us-2400. Still the knobs didn't get feedback. And of course I had no luck using them for aux sends etc Any ideas anyone?

I remember in cubase and nuendo, I had assigned the ports 4 to 6 as generic controllers and then did something similar to assigning actions. There seems to be nothing similar in reaper. Some generic controller preset might help. So that message routing and feedback to the controller would be enabled, yet the assignments would be fully modular.
Illusionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:49 PM   #18
dreamsindigital01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xansky View Post

Thanks!
How did you get the rotary encoders to work for pan?
dreamsindigital01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #19
technogremlin

It's been a while since I posted here. I have just returned to the forum after quite some time.

Bank-switching works on mine as well, but as someone posted, in 8 channel intervals instead of 24. I'll try to find out if there is a way to have 24 tracks at once.

I have channel-strip mode working as well (worked before already) but just now I've actually set it up with ReaEQ (4 bands) on each channel. Works a charm, but indeed no settings feedback; I guess that is a ReaEQ problem as it probably don't send any feedback at all (not completely sure about that).

More to test
Old 12-10-2013, 10:11 PM   #20
medyaye

i'm thinking about get one US2400.

Any progress using bank select 24 steps by 24 steps ?

Is it possible to use select button to switch each section rotary encoder function : (eq1, eq2, eq3, etc) ?

thx
medyaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #21
technogremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by medyaye View Post
Any progress using bank select 24 steps by 24 steps ?
As far as I tried, its not possible. The bank select steps 8 tracks in emulation mode so that's it I think. I can live with it though

Quote:
Originally Posted by medyaye View Post
Is it possible to use select button to switch each section rotary encoder function : (eq1, eq2, eq3, etc) ?
Not sure what you mean, but I have a ReaEQ on each channel by default, with four bands mapped to the channelstrip-mode. When I have channelstrip-mode active, the select-buttons automatically link the channelstrip to the active channel in Reaper. This is more a Reaper thing though then a US-2400 function. But it works great, feels like mixing on a big console I have also mapped the first four sends in Reaper to the channelstrip-mode: when I link up one of the first four sends on a channel it automatically 'arms' the US-2400 mapping.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #22
LugNut

Quote:
Originally Posted by technogremlin View Post
As far as I tried, its not possible. The bank select steps 8 tracks in emulation mode so that's it I think. I can live with it though

Not sure what you mean, but I have a ReaEQ on each channel by default, with four bands mapped to the channelstrip-mode. When I have channelstrip-mode active, the select-buttons automatically link the channelstrip to the active channel in Reaper. This is more a Reaper thing though then a US-2400 function. But it works great, feels like mixing on a big console I have also mapped the first four sends in Reaper to the channelstrip-mode: when I link up one of the first four sends on a channel it automatically 'arms' the US-2400 mapping.
Hi and happy DEC 25...for all u atheists^^...

I don't know for sure if this would help u,but I think u could make this bank switch thing happen with bomes mtp. And using klinkes MCU.

Basicly it takes any midi message and spits out any other midi message(s) .
Just finished turning my hui into an MCU with it.
Also klinke has just released a version of his extension that will handle more than one mcu. Doesn't currently do the multiple unit bank switching, but it would be easy to do in homes.

If u are interested hit me up and I'll go into more detail. And there is a demo version to do the proof of concept b4 buying homes.

Guido
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 09:40 AM   #23
technogremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LugNut View Post
I don't know for sure if this would help u,but I think u could make this bank switch thing happen with bomes mtp. And using klinkes MCU.
Maybe others are interested in this. I myself try to keep my installation as lean as possible, so as long as I get the majority of US-2400 functionality working without using any extension software or drivers, I'll keep with that Besides, the 8-tracks bank-switching is not a big deal for me as I seldom go beyond 24 tracks (so far)
Old 12-30-2013, 07:44 AM   #24
---david

Hey guys,

I wrote a Control Surface extension for the US-2400.

It is not the most elegant and reliant piece of software anyone has ever written (my second C++ project) but as far as I can see it works.

There is a short thread about it here:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=132165

And you can get the extension (or fork it) here:
https://github.com/DavidLichtenberge...r-csurf-us2400

Maybe you'd like to check it out.
---david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 03:20 PM   #25
technogremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---david View Post
I wrote a Control Surface extension for the US-2400.
Nice one

But what does it do that my current setup can not do? You wrote that channel-stip mode isn't completely working in emulation-mode but to my perception it works pretty good.
Old 12-31-2013, 02:25 AM   #26
---david

Hi Technogremlin,

I must admit I'm not fully aware of what your setup is able to do – but I can tell some of what mine does, so you can decide if it's relevant to you:

– I have no preconfigured FX-Chains
– Instead, hitting Chan on the US-2400 opens the first FX on the selected channel, if there is none it offers to insert one
– You then have all parameters the plugin offers on the encoders
– If there are more than 24 you can step through to the next 24, and so on.
– You can step through the chain (select previous / next FX), insert, delete, and move plugins up and down the chain.
– Also, bypass current FX / bypass all FX in track are available through Aux buttons
– You can flip and use faders for parameter adjustment.

BTW, I actually liked the bank switch in steps of 8, but I also implemented the 24-step (you can access it with Shift).

I'm attaching the keymap for a further overview of the available functions.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Tascam US-400 Reaper Keymap.pdf (95.9 KB, 1277 views)
Old 01-01-2014, 02:40 AM   #27
technogremlin

Quote:
I must admit I'm not fully aware of what your setup is able to do – but I can tell some of what mine does, so you can decide if it's relevant to you:
Oooh, some nice stuff in there

What your mixer-strip mode is doing is mostly what I don't need. I have indeed pre-setup FX for the mixer-strip, as I like the idea of it being a digital representation of a console. So each mixer-strip knob does the exact same function on each channel. It's also (for me) logical that it's functionality is mainly setup for mixing duties, so basically EQ and (currently) saturation. Still looking for a generic (free) comp to add to the basic mixer-strip setup.

Nevertheless, there's some stuff I do like to try, so I probably setup a separate Reaper-install to play around with it
Old 01-01-2014, 07:50 AM   #28
---david

Hey Technogremlin,

yeah, take it for a ride and tell me what you think!

I hope you're on XP, though – if you didn't follow the other thread: currently there's only a .dll for Win32 and I probably won't get around to making one for Win 7 (x64) before sometime next week (on the week end, if I'm lucky).
Old 01-02-2014, 01:08 AM   #29
technogremlin

Quote:
I hope you're on XP, though
Confirmed
Old 04-23-2014, 08:06 AM   #30
michabelle

Hi Technogremlin,
I'm living in the Netherlands. I want start using Tascam US 2400 with Reaper, but I haven't so much experience with DAW recording.
Can we communicate in Dutch and are you reachable bij (cell)Phone?

Regards Michabelle

Quote:
I have a Tascam US-2400, a great and especially BIG control-surface, and am very happy with it. It is a great controller in combination with Reaper and can nicely work together with certain features of Reaper. I have most of it's functionality working with Reaper and like to share my experience with those that have one too but can't get it to work properly, or those that are looking to get one. I still have some things to work out and I'll update this topic as I go along.

If you have any questions, suggestions and/or experience you like to share, please post here and I'll react accordingly

First a picture and some specific features:

- 24 motorized 110mm faders, touch sensitive
- Motorized 110mm master-fader, touch sensitive
- Transport controls
- Jog-wheel
- Mute, solo & select buttons per channel
- One endless rotary encoder per channel with visual feedback
- Visual feedback on rotaries can act as VU-meters
- 24 rotaries can together act as one virtual mixer-strip
- Joystick

Basic setup:

basic setup goes here

What works:

- Motorized faders with feedback
- Panning & visual feedback on panning-controls
- Mute, solo & select buttons
- Transport control
- Jog-wheel
- Mixer-strip mode
- VU-meter bridge mode
- Bank-switching (only 8 channels blocks though)

What doesn't work (yet):

- Joystick
michabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 03:20 AM   #31
technogremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by michabelle View Post
Hi Technogremlin,
I'm living in the Netherlands. I want start using Tascam US 2400 with Reaper, but I haven't so much experience with DAW recording.
Can we communicate in Dutch and are you reachable bij (cell)Phone?

Regards Michabelle
Sorry for the late response, I'm 'away from the forum' for a while sometimes ;-)

No problem. Roosendaal is actually not that far away from me (I'm in Middelburg). I'll drop you a PM to hook up.
Old 12-15-2014, 03:13 AM   #32
technogremlin

Just to let you guys know, I've updated the first two posts: added basic setup (how I do it) and how to setup the channel-strip mode.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:32 AM   #33
Marcin Szwajcer

Hi!

Thankyou for your wonderfull work! I use it for a week now. I'm going to spend some money for scribble displays. There are two solutions. Make on bar LCD and just use it as another monitor, bring there SoftLCD, scale it and it's done. But this solution is expensive (I have to use a BAR DISPLAY with meanes something like 1920/256 DPI custom size monitor). Another one is to build backlite LCD ROW DISPLAY, but this way I need to get all the ingormation from I don't even know, a computer or a controller? Can you help me getting an Idea about how it would be the easiest way of getting:

1) Track names with bank switching of corse
2) Channel Strip Mode Names
3) Channel Collor (If I can affordit , I will buy RGB Backlite.

I can see that SoftLCD gets those things, but I don't know how. I won't do it myself, I'm just doing a technical research now.

Best Regards!
Marcin Szwajcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 07:05 AM   #34
technogremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcin Szwajcer View Post
Can you help me getting an Idea about how it would be the easiest way
I seriously have no idea how to go about that. And SoftLCD I never got working, crashes as sson as I launch it. Don't even know how it looks if it is running.

So I just decided I'm going without it. Sometimes I click a channel on screen so it lights up its select button on the controller. Mostly I just hit the select button I think I need and then look at the screen how far wrong I went from the actual one I wanted to select
Old 12-18-2014, 03:24 AM   #35
Harke

Default Mac user

Hi all,

This is my first post here, so please bare with me if I'm off thread or anything. Does anyone here have experience setting up the US2400 for Reaper on an Intel mac pro, running osx10.6.8?
I'll be happy with any advice or a redirect. Love Reaper, love my new 2nd hand US2400. They just don't love each other yet.

I've done the basic setup from this thread and it worked pretty well, exept for 6 faders not moving as they should (device is in mint condition). So I started tweaking, did the firmware upgrade and tried different modes. Now the thing is acting quite bizarre indeed.

I guess the real question is: is there any way to midi-map out every function (including fader movement) from scratch? This would be awesome.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Harke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2014, 12:47 PM   #36
technogremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harke View Post
I've done the basic setup from this thread and it worked pretty well, exept for 6 faders not moving as they should (device is in mint condition). So I started tweaking, did the firmware upgrade and tried different modes. Now the thing is acting quite bizarre indeed.
The only thing I can think of is that the offsets for the fader groups are not correct. Either that or you have some hardware issues, especially as you say 6 faders, which means not a full fader group (8 faders).

Or maybe yoy have set the wrong USB-channel as the master group. I can image that would FUBAR some things
Old 12-20-2014, 03:17 PM   #37
Harke

Thanks Technogremlin for your advice.

I'm still in the middle of it with no idea what's going on. I've now had faders magically controlling several other faders, seemingly at random, aswell as no communication at all between the computer and the controller. I didn't quite get what you meant by this though:

Quote:
Or maybe yoy have set the wrong USB-channel as the master group. I can image that would FUBAR some things
Could you clarify? I tried googeling USB master channel to no avail.

Cheers, Harke
Old 12-21-2014, 04:07 AM   #38
technogremlin

Quote:
I've now had faders magically controlling several other faders, seemingly at random
That looks like having the offsets wrong. If you have the offsets in correctly, it might be the same thing with the USB MIDI-channels (see below).

Quote:
I didn't quite get what you meant by this though:

Could you clarify? I tried googeling USB master channel to no avail.
My choice of naming might be a bit off I meant this: the US-2400 uses several virtual MIDI channels through USB, that on my setup are named USB, USB[2], USB[3], etc. If you mix those up together with the channel offsets, that will obviously screw with your setup. The best way to go about it is to only map one USB/MIDI channel to the Mackie Master unit in Reaper and get the first 8 faders working, so that you know you have the correct bank/channel/etc. Then do the second 8-fader bank and work from there.

I also had some strange behavior while setting it up one time, where everything looked correct but was totally working wrong. I had to remove the settings from Reapers config file and start over. That's why I stay away from this configuration as it works pretty flawlessly and I want to keep it that way.

I still have a strange issue myself, where if I connect my Korg Padkontrol, the US-2400 USB connection goes down. Currently I just hook up the Padkontrol when recording drums and then disconnect so the Tascam comes back to life
Old 12-23-2014, 04:16 PM   #39
Harke

Default Not giving up yet

Thanks again for your kind advice. I'm now trying to find out what the equivalent of that config file is on a Mac. So I guess the USB channels you refer to are what's being called 'Midi ports' in the Tascam manual. I did set it up like you said, one channel/port at a time, and that does help to gain an overview. But I'm a long way from having a stable setup. If I do get there I'll post the result so someone else might benefit from it.

Cheers!
Old 12-25-2014, 01:15 AM   #40
technogremlin

Quote:
I'm now trying to find out what the equivalent of that config file is on a Mac.
On my DAW (WinXP) it is the file 'repaer-midihw.ini'. Be careful to edit it, as you can seriously screw things up there. Make sure you make a backup copy of the file so you can restore things by copying that one back.

Quote:
So I guess the USB channels you refer to are what's being called 'Midi ports' in the Tascam manual.
Yep, that's correct.

Quote:
But I'm a long way from having a stable setup.
I must say that, although my setup 'seems' stable, it is only stable as long as I don't change anything USB-port related on my DAW. If I do, the whole song and dance commences again

Quote:
If I do get there I'll post the result so someone else might benefit from it.
Please do. Topics like this one benefit from the collected experiences of everyone involved. We help each other, and help others in the process