Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #1
Sid Chip
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper OSC

I've been working with Reaper OSC interface for the past week, after only finding out about it a week ago.

I wanted to implement a HUI and I thought to myself "I bet Reaper implemented some sort of open method of control surfaces" - Checked and BAM -OSC-. Send commands via UDP instead of looping MIDI hacked Mackie HUI back? SOLID. I'm interfacing with another open implementation called SharpOSC so I didn't even have to write a parser!

Just wanted to say a big thanks for OSC implementation! And a huge thumbs up. I haven't had this much fun coding in a long time. Just adding new features and features. After I get basic control functionality in and I start to think "Hmm, I wonder if I can get reaper to do.... this?" The /action/# command comes to the rescue. The latest being /action/41743 (refresh control surfaces) when I restart my wedge app it refreshes my control surface.

I wish I had have read the comments in the default ReaperOSC. I started out worrying about maintaining virtual fader<>track ID's but /bankswitch with proper DEVICE_TRACK_COUNT configured, takes care of this for me!

Rock on,
Sid
Sid Chip is offline   Reply With Quote