Old 02-12-2022, 01:03 PM   #1
plush2
Human being with feelings

Default Potential support for Space Controller OSC

I was wondering if the devs could add support for this new plugin from Sound Particles to Reaper. Specifically the ReasurroundPan but also more generally with other Ambisonic/3d panners. Currently it is supported by Nuendo and Flux SPAT. I have been told the developers of the plugin tried to reach the Reaper devs through the contact email but have not received a reply. I thought I might try here as well just to increase the chances of it being seen.

So far in my experimenting, it appears the OSC message is delivered in an array of three floats (xyz) representing the coordinates of the control. This is easily seen by the Reaper OSC and parameter learn functions. I imagine there is a way to split them into individual floats but I don't know how that would be done. Until that happens it will be impossible to use with nearly any plugins in Reaper.
plush2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 02:09 PM   #2
schwa
Administrator

I dug up an old email from Particles that we sadly overlooked at the time, and responded. Thanks for the reminder.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 02:29 PM   #3
plush2
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
I dug up an old email from Particles that we sadly overlooked at the time, and responded. Thanks for the reminder.
No offence to my fellow users but that's the best response I could have hoped for in this thread. Thanks Schwa!
plush2 is online now   Reply With Quote