Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 08-20-2018, 12:42 PM   #1
Mr. PC
Human being with feelings

Default create measure from time selection", but have existing midi *not* be time-warped

Hey,

Is it possible to "create measure from time selection", but have existing midi *not* be time-warped?

My existing midi is already sinced to audio, however I want to create measures based on the audio (which was not recorded to click) making it easier to line up new midi info, but without altering the existing midi.

Thanks!!
Mr. PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:05 PM   #2
juliansader

Try using the SWS action SWS/BR: Enable "Ignore project tempo" for selected MIDI items and preserve time position of events (use tempo at item's start). And then the reverse action once the tempo mapping is completed.

BTW, the action "Create measure from time selection" is buggy if there is an existing tempo marker at the righthand side of the time selection.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 01:24 PM   #3
Mr. PC

You are amazing!!!!
Old 12-19-2018, 06:38 AM   #4
Mr. PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
Try using the SWS action SWS/BR: Enable "Ignore project tempo" for selected MIDI items and preserve time position of events (use tempo at item's start). And then the reverse action once the tempo mapping is completed.

BTW, the action "Create measure from time selection" is buggy if there is an existing tempo marker at the righthand side of the time selection.

So by the way, if I wanted to import a tempo map (what I'm doing is routing the song through melodyne to get a tempo map, then exporting the midi tempo map) but not change any audio/midi timing, just have a tempo map that lines up to it (so the click will follow the audio), would I do the same thing? Or is there a better way?