COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 01-03-2020, 08:47 PM   #1
Dynsdale
Human being with feelings

Default Replacement 57/62 strat pick-up

So all the parts are worked out and one is ready to record; levels are set, but then you realize, that no noise cancelling in the world, be it Reaper's or Wawes' or something fancier, can eliminate the massive hum being recorded.
So the 57/62 pick-ups have got to go, but what is a clear and crisp strat pick-up, that can perform without without sounding like the Atlantic Ocean on steroids?
(I know this is not a guitar forum, but I trust this community more than any other, and the question is not very different from what voval mic is better than an SM58).
The strat is shielded like an atomic fall-out bunker, so that's not part of the problem. Also available Barden equipped Tele and an SG, but craving that Strat sound.
Any and all suggestion will be treasured.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:20 AM   #2
grinder

I have a custom strat
I don't have any issue with the noiseless fender pickups in the guitar
Some adverse reaction when they came out (I just shook my head at this ) but really they have a beautiful chime if wanted and if worked properly distorted sounds too. ( Maple fretboard )
You may want to investigate at least.

Grinder
Old 01-04-2020, 02:25 PM   #3
Dynsdale

Thanks, that's probably the way I have to go, unless I just use the in-between positions. I've have used a Fender Lace Sensor, as the neck pickup in a frankencaster Tele, gotta give that a second listen,but I guess the noiseless Fenders have evolved alot since those days.