Old 07-06-2019, 11:48 AM   #1
JustAPlowboy
Human being with feelings

Default XTouch Help

I recently bought an XTouch in hopes to use it with Reaper. I am using the latest version of Reaper and Mac OS X Mojave on a MacBook Pro. The X-Touch has the latest firmware installed.

I can get a connection to the XTouch tru the USB connection, however nothing lights up on the XTouch. The XTouch faders will control faders in Reaper, however as soon as you release a fader on the XTouch, it returns to zero and as soon as you touch it again it will bring the fader in Reaper to zero. There is jog/shuttle/play/stop control however no information appears in the time/bars display.

I have connected it to my pc laptop and it works just as it should. Using windows 10 on the laptop. The laptop is an i5 and limited on memory. It starts having issues when trying to use multiple fx, which is why I am using my MacBook Pro.

I have read everything I can find on multiple forums and can not find any information concerning setting up Reaper/XTouch on a Mac. Any help or direction would be appreciated.
JustAPlowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 01:14 PM   #2
HIO

Sorry no one has been able to assist you nor I, but I will chime in if you are still there.

FWIW, I use the X-Touch on PC with Reaper with *no* problems and it works very well and kind of like plug-n-play with only a few settings to get started.

I had a thread a few months back titled X-Touch with some details in it but unfortunately it probably won't be helpful to you.

Good luck!
HIO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2019, 12:24 AM   #3
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAPlowboy View Post
I recently bought an XTouch
Which one ? There are at least four XTouch products by Behringer. all of them have been mentioned in the "CSI" Thread in this forum. I don't know if there is a Mac Version of CSI, though.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:01 AM   #4
JOELPIZARRO

Default x touch

Im using my x touch with Mac OS high sierra (yes I dont wanna upgrade yet) and its working perfectly fine . Could be an usb cable defect , like not transmitting properly ...maybe.
JOELPIZARRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 02:08 AM   #5
pepe44

i recently bought the X Touch universal, the bigger one.I use it in MC, USB mode. Firmware 1.5.
All the basic functions are working has expected. Faders, pan, transport control, Wheel etc.

In Ableton Live i can control the plugins, they show in the track that is selected and i can press the one i want to control, all settings show. In Harrison Mixbus its pretty damn good , the guys from Harrison made a very good job on the mackie control for this Controller, I dont understand why in reaper this is not possible, is it the Mackie control that is available for us ?

i´ve made a few mapping for some action, but to be able to control the settings for the inserted plugins would be a really nice feature for reaper users .
pepe44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 03:30 AM   #6
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe44 View Post
i I dont understand why in reaper this is not possible, is it the Mackie control that is available for us ?
I understand that Reaper does not do such advanced things "out of the box" (i.e. via the main DAW program), but needs an appropriate "mappings" and/or scripts (that you might do yourself) or (much more versatile) extensions (such as CSI discussed in this forum).
Quote:
...would be a really nice feature for reaper users .
This is exactly what CSI is meant to provide.

-Michael
Old 09-10-2019, 04:57 AM   #7
pepe44

Just downloaded the files, all loaded in reaper, need to explore this for my own needs.
Is there out of the box settings for the Behringer X-Touch universal ?
Old 09-10-2019, 05:06 AM   #8
pepe44

Wow, i think i ve got this!
i cant get the plugins YET to work, but the rest is solid, really nice!
Old 09-10-2019, 07:01 AM   #9
pepe44

it seems really time consuming option the CSI. I still prefer the driven by moss..
Old 09-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #10
mschnell

Quote:
Is there out of the box settings for the Behringer X-Touch universal ?
As the "Universal" seems to be compatible with Mackie, the Mackie files for CSI (don't ask me which these are) should work. You then could modify them to better fit the Universal's specialties and your intended workflow.

-Michael

Last edited by mschnell; 09-16-2019 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-16-2019, 04:29 PM   #11
Sofia

Quote:
I recently bought an XTouch in hopes to use it with Reaper. I am using the latest version of Reaper and Mac OS X Mojave on a MacBook Pro. The X-Touch has the latest firmware installed.

I can get a connection to the XTouch tru the USB connection, however nothing lights up on the XTouch. The XTouch faders will control faders in Reaper, however as soon as you release a fader on the XTouch, it returns to zero and as soon as you touch it again it will bring the fader in Reaper to zero. There is jog/shuttle/play/stop control however no information appears in the time/bars display.

I have connected it to my pc laptop and it works just as it should. Using windows 10 on the laptop. The laptop is an i5 and limited on memory. It starts having issues when trying to use multiple fx, which is why I am using my MacBook Pro.

I have read everything I can find on multiple forums and can not find any information concerning setting up Reaper/XTouch on a Mac. Any help or direction would be appreciated.
Here are hints to get it work on Windows. Maybe you can adapt it on Mac and then spread the solution to other members in the forum. Good Luck!
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=225044
Sofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 11:38 PM   #12
mschnell

Quote:
The XTouch faders will control faders in Reaper, however as soon as you release a fader on the XTouch, it returns to zero and as soon as you touch it again it will bring the fader in Reaper to zero.
Are you trying to do you own setup without using the integration features Reaper provides in "Preferences" -> "Plugins" -> "Control/OSC/Web" ???
This is not (easily) possible with a device compatible with the Mackie protocol. (Be that on Mac, Windows or Linux.)

-Michael