Old 10-17-2021, 02:07 AM   #2681
heda
Human being with feelings

Default Auto Bypass v1.0.0 (2021-10-17)

Auto Bypass add-on released

* v1.0.0 (2021-10-17)
+ Auto-Refresh (enable/disable refreshing all tracks envelopes on a time interval)
+ Auto-Bypass Tracks (enable/disable for current track)
+ setting: seconds before and after item
+ setting: refresh time interval
+ setting: hide/show bypass envelopes

heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 09:54 AM   #2682
hopi

I uninstalled TI2 and re-installed it... but do not get the FX chain for db5 showing up in my FX Chains folder.... where does it get put? I do have the FX chain for db4

Also, where is the setting for 'start TI2 when reaper starts'..... I must be blind but don't see it in the settings page

Last edited by hopi; 10-17-2021 at 11:15 AM.
hopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 02:49 PM   #2683
heda

this is the fx chain that you need to load in the monitor FX chain. "Scripts\HeDaScripts_DEV\Track Inspector 2 VIP\FX Chains\Track Inspector Monitor FX dpmeter5.RfxChain". But you can still use dpmeter4 if you have it and works well.

it is a big Auto-Start button at the top. You need also to remove TI2 from the SWS global startup action.
Old 10-17-2021, 03:12 PM   #2684
hopi

sorry for the giant image... I'll kill it later

Last edited by hopi; 10-17-2021 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-18-2021, 07:56 AM   #2685
hopi

OK thanks

I got the FX Chain working now for dbmeter5

BUT I'm finding that when I save the config file for TI2, it does not write the suffix of the file.... i.e., I save it named, "hopi TI2" and it writes just that, instead of "hopi TI2..TI.config_settings"

Also, the Autostart does not seem to work.... it does work IF I use the global start up action...

Also, when I have at least one track loaded, I get those vertical lines in the color of the track as show in the big image in the above post. How to fix that???
Old 10-18-2021, 05:15 PM   #2686
heda

I don't know why do you get those lines. Maybe it is a combination of settings that causes the Track Inspector plugin for the meters not loading. It is related to the peaks, so maybe you want to disable the "Show peaks" and "Show peaks hold" from the METERS menu?
Old 10-18-2021, 08:00 PM   #2687
hopi

OK well it seems to not be the peaks hold... and it goes away IF I have simple meters checked... good enuff for today... I'm sure you'll find and kill that bug soon

any thoughts on the other questions?

Last edited by hopi; 10-18-2021 at 08:06 PM.
Old 10-19-2021, 05:54 AM   #2688
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopi View Post
OK well it seems to not be the peaks hold... and it goes away IF I have simple meters checked... good enuff for today... I'm sure you'll find and kill that bug soon

any thoughts on the other questions?
I'll try to find the bug, but I recommend using simple meters now that REAPER has LUFS meters per track too, and leave the (not simple meters) for the TI MASTER instance only where it may be more interesting to measure the loudness of the overall mix.

the Autostart should work.. it just adds the TI2 line to the __startup.lua file in the scripts folder. Can you check if you have that file and what happens to the file inside when clicking Auto-Start button? thanks
Old 10-19-2021, 09:09 AM   #2689
hopi

so OK.... here is what I see on the startup stuff:

IF I manually create the global start up action, theb TI2 starts with reaper
and it shows when I run the action to show start up actions.

IF I clear the global startup, and set it from Autostart in TI2, it does not get written and does not show when running the action to show start up actions.

so for whatever reason, on my Win7 -64 with reaper portable install, the Autostart in TI2 is not doing what it should be.
Old 10-23-2021, 12:37 PM   #2690
heda

Default TI v2.1.0 (2021-10-23) + Versions v0.5.0 (2021-10-23)

Track Inspector 2.1
Adds support for LUFS meter using the default Cockos plugin that is included in REAPER now.
It doesn't have TruePeakMax display but it uses less CPU that dpMeter so it is a good option for LUFS meter on tracks. It should be enabled by default. To disable and use dpmeter as before.. Uncheck the Use Cockos Loudness Meter option in the METERS panel menu.

* v2.1.0 (2021-10-23)
+ Meters Panel: Option: Use Cockos Loudness Meter plugin (instead of dpMeter)
# fix: restore collapsed state of panels from other pages correctly

Versions add-on beta release:

Please test this add-on but keep in mind this is experimental and report if you see any issue.
This adds versions without duplicating tracks like the standard "Track versions" panel that is included by default. It replaces all the items/envelopes/fxchains on the tracks. You can for example replace all items with a new version but maintain the automation envelopes and leave FX chain untouched so it should be fast to switch versions without reloading any instrument plugins etc...
The versions are stored in external files so it doesn't increase the RPP file size and only the active version is stored in the RPP project file. The external versions are files in a subdirectory inside your project directory and are only loaded if you switch versions.

You can select multiple tracks and duplicate the version or create new empty versions. Or you can create Track groups so all tracks in the group are affected when creating, switching versions etc..

- Right click the version name (V1) to show the menu to create, edit versions
- Left click on the version name to show menu to switch to another version.

* v0.5.0 (2021-10-23)
+ Item Versions
+ Envelope Versions
+ Tempo Versions
+ FXChain Versions
+ Track Groups
+ Lock Item Version button

Old 10-23-2021, 01:59 PM   #2691
Reflected

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post

Versions add-on beta release:

Please test this add-on but keep in mind this is experimental and report if you see any issue.
This adds versions without duplicating tracks like the standard "Track versions" panel that is included by default. It replaces all the items/envelopes/fxchains on the tracks. You can for example replace all items with a new version but maintain the automation envelopes and leave FX chain untouched so it should be fast to switch versions without reloading any instrument plugins etc...
The versions are stored in external files so it doesn't increase the RPP file size and only the active version is stored in the RPP project file. The external versions are files in a subdirectory inside your project directory and are only loaded if you switch versions.

You can select multiple tracks and duplicate the version or create new empty versions. Or you can create Track groups so all tracks in the group are affected when creating, switching versions etc..

- Right click the version name (V1) to show the menu to create, edit versions
- Left click on the version name to show menu to switch to another version.

* v0.5.0 (2021-10-23)
+ Item Versions
+ Envelope Versions
+ Tempo Versions
+ FXChain Versions
+ Track Groups
+ Lock Item Version button

WOW you actually did it!!!
Testing!!

edit: so far works great!
It could be improved if it was possible to copy a track from one project to another with all the versions
and if it was possible to create versions before saving the project (save the versions to a temp folder untill project is saved or something like this)

Last edited by Reflected; 10-23-2021 at 02:21 PM.
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 01:30 AM   #2692
heda

thanks.. good suggestions.

fixed a small bug in FX Chains versions that caused the chain version switching to fail.

* v0.5.1 (2021-10-24)
# small fix FX Chains versions
Old 10-24-2021, 07:59 AM   #2693
HighVoltage

A suggestion for Versions

When you try to duplicate an FX chain that already has been duplicated, instead of giving an error message of the name already exist, it should give you a field box to enter new name.
(or it should automatically increment the number)
HighVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 08:16 AM   #2694
HighVoltage

There are lot of problems rising from the ability to Group versions.

For example i made 3 versions for a track. Then i added that track to a group that had no versions. If i try to rename a version on the first track i made with 3 versions, then it will give error message for each track in the group.

Or if i had 4 tracks in a group with a few versions, then i decide to add a new track to it.
Actually it correctly adds the maximum numbers of Item versions.
It should do the same with FX versions too.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:55 AM   #2695
HighVoltage

EDIT:
Never mind, it was as ettings in the FX menu, "Auto set FX online"

--------------------------------

Tracks Add-on

If you left-click on an archived track in the track list (disabling TCP and MCP), it puts all the offline plugins on that track online.
Is this supposed to be?

It even un-offlines all the FX when you click the track in Reaper.

Last edited by HighVoltage; 10-24-2021 at 09:37 AM.
Old 10-25-2021, 02:26 AM   #2696
heda

Thanks... yes There is still work to do with groups, because right now it only works well when the groups are defined before doing any version.

fixed some things
* Versions v0.5.2 (2021-10-25)
# increment suffix if file exists when adding versions. Thanks @HighVoltage
# fix renaming when there is only one version
Old 10-25-2021, 02:28 AM   #2697
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighVoltage View Post
EDIT:
Never mind, it was as ettings in the FX menu, "Auto set FX online"

--------------------------------

Tracks Add-on

If you left-click on an archived track in the track list (disabling TCP and MCP), it puts all the offline plugins on that track online.
Is this supposed to be?

It even un-offlines all the FX when you click the track in Reaper.
that was supposed to be used as a way to have a template project with all tracks offline to be loaded fast and then online tracks as needed when selecting them. But maybe I should make it to ignore archived tracks and do not make them online. thanks
Old 10-26-2021, 07:59 AM   #2698
Wilson

Hi, I tried to update the Heda Track Inspector but there is a message in the HeDa Script Manager: "There is a problem reading updates from the server"

Thanks!
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 08:09 AM   #2699
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Hi, I tried to update the Heda Track Inspector but there is a message in the HeDa Script Manager: "There is a problem reading updates from the server"

Thanks!
please use the latest version of the manager. You can download it again from the website if the manager is unable to auto update itself.
Old 10-26-2021, 08:39 AM   #2700
Wilson

Quote:
please use the latest version of the manager. You can download it again from the website if the manager is unable to auto update itself.
Thanks!
Old 10-26-2021, 09:38 AM   #2701
Wilson

Can you please help me to use the new versions from the HeDa Track Inspector VIP add-ons?
If I move the little slider from the VIP add-ons it turns green but its still the normal Track Versions which duplicate the tracks and also the Items and Envelopes versions are not visible.
Do I have to save something first to make it work or do I need an Internet connection for that?

Thanks
Old 10-26-2021, 10:02 AM   #2702
heda

Yes...It doesn't replace the old versions panel. It adds a new panel. If you enabled the versions addon then it should appear in the list of panels when you right click the page button at the top. You have to select it to configure it to appear on the page. "inspector" page is there by default with the standard panels. but you can also create new pages from that menu too. and configure the add-on to show only on a second page for example. The old panel is "Track versions" and the new one is only "Versions".. maybe it is a bit confusing.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:17 AM   #2703
permeke

at 10/10/2020 I made a payment thru paypal.
I think it says Order 1771.
Can you please explain how to download and activate the script ?

thanks
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:29 AM   #2704
Wilson

Quote:
Yes...It doesn't replace the old versions panel. It adds a new panel. If you enabled the versions addon then it should appear in the list of panels when you right click the page button at the top. You have to select it to configure it to appear on the page. "inspector" page is there by default with the standard panels. but you can also create new pages from that menu too. and configure the add-on to show only on a second page for example. The old panel is "Track versions" and the new one is only "Versions".. maybe it is a bit confusing.
Ah yes thanks man. I tried just for one minute and the FX Chains and Items are changing with different versions but it seems the Envelopes versions doesent work. Nothing happens if I change the ENV versions.
And is it possible to remove plugins from the FX Chain and load new ones with different FX Chains versions?
Old 10-26-2021, 10:48 AM   #2705
Wilson

Old 10-26-2021, 11:27 AM   #2706
heda

I see. Maybe it is not working well yet with plugin envelopes. Track envelopes should work, like volume, pan, etc... I'll test some plugin envelopes. Thanks
Old 10-26-2021, 11:30 AM   #2707
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by permeke View Post
at 10/10/2020 I made a payment thru paypal.
I think it says Order 1771.
Can you please explain how to download and activate the script ?

thanks
I'm not sure what problem are you having exactly. Try contacting with more details by email or discord for general issues not related to Track Inspector which is this thread about. Thanks!
Old 10-26-2021, 11:51 AM   #2708
permeke

I'm sorry , it is about trackinspector VIP

Last edited by permeke; 10-26-2021 at 12:06 PM.
permeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 12:01 PM   #2709
Wilson

Quote:
I see. Maybe it is not working well yet with plugin envelopes. Track envelopes should work, like volume, pan, etc... I'll test some plugin envelopes. Thanks
The new "Versions" is really really great. Thanks a lot for this and it would be very nice if you can make this also work with VST plugin parameters.
And insanely good if its were possible to trigger the different versions with Midi Notes or Midi CC

I wanted to try out the new Rec Arm Add-on but there is a Error Message pop up:

_dev_Rec Arm.lua:635: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (field 'w')

And some pages are not possible to fold out (its random ...some pages are working suddenly and others stop working) and I have to deactivate and activate them that they work again.

Maybe you can fix this.

Old 10-27-2021, 01:56 AM   #2710
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
T
_dev_Rec Arm.lua:635: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value (field 'w')

And some pages are not possible to fold out (its random ...some pages are working suddenly and others stop working) and I have to deactivate and activate them that they work again.
I cannot reproduce the error in RecArm .. but I'll try to fix

for the collapsing of panels... Did you by chance use the CTRL+click on the panel name to collapse all other panels and then started to uncollapse manually other panels? There may be an issue in that... What I do is CTRL click to collapse all others and if I want to go back as before.. CTRL click again on the same panel and it restores the collapsed states of all panels as before isolating that panel. I'll check if there are issues in that. Thanks for the feedback!
Old 10-27-2021, 02:37 AM   #2711
heda

for the plugin envelopes, you can use the FX Chains versions button, instead of the Envelopes versions button.
since the plugin envelopes depend on the plugins that are in the chain. The FX Chains versions save the plugins and their envelopes.
Old 10-27-2021, 12:45 PM   #2712
Wilson

Quote:
I cannot reproduce the error in RecArm .. but I'll try to fix

for the collapsing of panels... Did you by chance use the CTRL+click on the panel name to collapse all other panels and then started to uncollapse manually other panels? There may be an issue in that... What I do is CTRL click to collapse all others and if I want to go back as before.. CTRL click again on the same panel and it restores the collapsed states of all panels as before isolating that panel. I'll check if there are issues in that. Thanks for the feedback!
Oh yes. My bad. Didnt know that shortcut. Maybe I tried some different key combinations and also pressing CTRL. Now I now it Thanks!
Old 10-27-2021, 12:54 PM   #2713
Wilson

Quote:
for the plugin envelopes, you can use the FX Chains versions button, instead of the Envelopes versions button.
since the plugin envelopes depend on the plugins that are in the chain. The FX Chains versions save the plugins and their envelopes.
Wow it works very great with just the FX Chain Versions. Awesome job!

Do you think it would be possible somehow to trigger the versions with Midi (maybe the lowest Midi Notes or Midi CC)?

Like:

Midi Channel 1 Note C-2 Version 1 of Items
Midi Channel 1 Note C#-2 Version 2 of Items
Midi Channel 1 Note D-2 Version 3 of Items
Midi Channel 2 Note C-2 Version 1 of FX Chanins
Midi Channel 2 Note C#-2 Version 2 of FX Chanins
Midi Channel 2 Note D-2 Version 3 of FX Chanins
Midi Channel 3 Note C-2 Version 1 of Envelopes
Midi Channel 3 Note C#-2 Version 2 of Envelopes
Midi Channel 3 Note D-2 Version 3 of Envelopes
Midi Channel 4 Note C-2 Version 1 of Tempo
Midi Channel 4 Note C#-2 Version 2 of Tempo
Midi Channel 4 Note D-2 Version 3 of Tempo
Or the same with Midi CC

Then it would be kind of similar to the Clip system in Ableton, Bitwig, Maschine... and also the new Snapshot function in Ableton, Bitwig...

And if we can morph between the different versions it would be very great for arranging but this would be the ice on the cake

Thank you very much for your help and your script!

Last edited by Wilson; 10-27-2021 at 03:01 PM.
Old 10-28-2021, 02:26 AM   #2714
heda

yes it will be possible once I add the actions to switch or create versions, then you can assign your MIDI notes to the actions.
Old 10-28-2021, 03:50 AM   #2715
Wilson

Quote:
yes it will be possible once I add the actions to switch or create versions, then you can assign your MIDI notes to the actions.
That would be very usefull!
Old 10-30-2021, 07:53 AM   #2716
heda

Default TI v2.1.1 (2021-10-30)

* TI v2.1.1 (2021-10-30)
+ REAPER 6.40 support for LUFS meters using first two channels only (in simple meters mode)
# small bug fixes

* TI Versions v0.5.3 (2021-10-30)
+ Lock button for envelopes
+ Setting: Show lock buttons
Old 10-31-2021, 11:22 PM   #2717
todoublez

Hi Heda, just updated to the current version of T.I. ,
great job u did !

two question :

Is thrr any chance to let my custom buttons from T.I.1 migrate to the T.I.2 ?

How can I fully hide the unused panel ?
todoublez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2021, 02:28 AM   #2718
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by todoublez View Post
Hi Heda, just updated to the current version of T.I. ,
great job u did !

two question :

Is thrr any chance to let my custom buttons from T.I.1 migrate to the T.I.2 ?

How can I fully hide the unused panel ?
1:
To migrate your settings, without any TI running, you can copy all files from "HeDaScripts/Track Inspector VIP settings/" to "HeDaScripts/Track Inspector 2 VIP settings/" and then start TI2
or copy just the buttons file "TI_Custom Buttons.cfg"

2:
Right click the top page button ("Inspector") for all the options about pages, add-ons, and show/hide panels completely from the pages.

Last edited by heda; 11-01-2021 at 05:58 AM.
Old 11-02-2021, 12:03 AM   #2719
todoublez

Quote:
1:
To migrate your settings, without any TI running, you can copy all files from "HeDaScripts/Track Inspector VIP settings/" to "HeDaScripts/Track Inspector 2 VIP settings/" and then start TI2
or copy just the buttons file "TI_Custom Buttons.cfg"

2:
Right click the top page button ("Inspector") for all the options about pages, add-ons, and show/hide panels completely from the pages.
Everything wrks as expected , much thx
Old 11-02-2021, 12:55 AM   #2720
todoublez

Hi Heda the drop down menu button overlaps with the title text.
here:
https://i.ibb.co/Bsk2mpB/Drop-down-menu-icon.gif

and I love the new Version from the add-on feature.
but the envelope version seems not wrking properly.
maybe I didnt do it right...
perhaps u can make a quick video to demonstrate how to use it correctly

Last edited by todoublez; 11-02-2021 at 01:44 AM.