Old 01-01-2020, 09:14 PM   #1
ajj
Human being with feelings

Default plug-in troubles

hello i'm new to reaper so please excuse my ignorance! I have been downloading and using a lot of free VST instruments and fx plugins and in the old version i had (5.983 ) every time i re-opened the app my VST tracks wouldn't play, i'd delete them and re-add them and then it would playback again fine. This was a bit of a nuisance that I thought might be solved by updating to V 6.1, but in this version all of my tracks are offline and this message comes up when I open it: "There were 636 media items in the project that were of a type that require an extension plug-in (the instance that saved the project had the extension plug-in). The following effects were in the project file and are not available. REAPER will keep their configurations, but things may not sound as desired." I've done clear cache and re-scan and that hasn't fixed it. I also tried to follow some advice on this forum but the files they tell you to move don't seem to even exist on my computer :/. Can anyone tell me whats going on? I am back to using 5.983 for now and deleting and re-adding the plugins every time i open a project
ajj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 04:12 AM   #2
solger
Human being with feelings

I posted a reply into your other thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=229651