Old 05-16-2018, 11:50 AM   #1
pixeltarian
Human being with feelings

Default Bluetooth, battery-powered usb hub?

If this exists someone please show me 🙏

If it does not exist is there some reason for this, like it can’t feasibly be made for some reason? I realize it would need software to act like usb instead of a Bluetooth connection but I’ve seen similar things achieved with virtual drives and such.

This would be a dream come true. I have 2 USB ports on my MacBook and do audio editing. I HATE that I need 2 USB ports just for software license dongles. I also would rather not have things sticking out of the computer because I’m that guy who might bump the protruding drive and break my $50 iLok software key.

I want a rechargeable Bluetooth usb hub for use with devices like thumb drives that don’t take up much energy. I have searched high and low for this and have come up with nothing so far.

I did buy the “Belkin Network usb hub.” It doesn’t meet my needs because it’s bulky, requires WiFi configuration (IE: not for location editing), needs to be plugged in, and sometimes the connection drops out (as reported by many users).

My dream is to push a button on a Bluetooth usb hub, it connects to my MacBook and my thumb drives are mounted without having to plug anything in.

I know this so sort of a vent and not exactly perfectly on topic but hell, maybe it does exist and I’ve been looking in all the wrong places!

Thanks for listening and all that.

TL;DR: battery powered Bluetooth usb hub please.
pixeltarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:58 AM   #2
pixeltarian

Even if it was battery powered WiFi usb hub with a slick way to connect to new wifi networks, that would fit the bill.
Old 05-16-2018, 04:58 PM   #3
jerome_oneil

I know for a fact that bluetooth thumb drives exist, because I own one. I haven't seen anything like a wireless reader, though, but that seems so obvious that there'd be a zillion of them available.

No love, though.
jerome_oneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:28 AM   #4
pixeltarian

Have you tried it with waves central? I’d be very curious to know if his works!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome_oneil View Post
I know for a fact that bluetooth thumb drives exist, because I own one. I haven't seen anything like a wireless reader, though, but that seems so obvious that there'd be a zillion of them available.

No love, though.