Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 04-26-2007, 09:04 PM   #1
pipelineaudio
Mortal

Default A sticky for Reaper specific tools (user written stuff)

Rules:

1) Put up a link and a description to one tool per post

2) Lets have a separate thread about discussing each of these, so it doesnt get to cloggy in here
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 04:27 PM   #2
Art Evans
Mortal

http://www.inside-audio.nl/download_reaper_addons.html has several Reaper related add-ons.

ReaperScript DIY provides a means of using function keys F1 to F12 to send a string of keystrokes to Reaper in order to provide scripting functions. This allows one key to replace several - for instance, you could set up a command string so that F3 paused the transport while recording, dropped a marker at the paused location, and named it "Paused here".

The following keys can also be configured:

* Print screen
* Scroll Lock
* Pause Break
* Right Windows-logo key
* Middle mouse button

No preprogrammed functions are provided in this version of ReaperScript. The programme does nothing that you do not set up yourself.

Reaburn 2.5 enables you to generate a cue-sheet from a Reaper project file. If CueListTool is installed, the cues can be written into the .wav file also. The cd can be burned directly using Burrrn, EAC, or Nero.

Version 2.5 also supports VUPlayer for pre-burn playback, or for splitting into multiple files by cue.

ReaDuce enables you to remove bypassed fx's or all vst's from a project. Also, envelopes can be deleted.

Last edited by Art Evans; 04-03-2008 at 06:13 PM.
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2007, 07:16 PM   #3
jamester
Human being with feelings

ReaDrums

An eight-channel (infinitely expandable) drum sampler using Reaper's ReaSampl0matic5000.

Place the file in the Track Templates folder, inside your Reaper folder in Documents and Settings. Simply preview your one-shots through Reaper's Media Explorer and drag right into the sampler!

Use "Mode: Named Notes" instead of "Piano Roll" in the Midi Editor to easily reference mapping numbers:

36 - Kick
37 - Snare
38 - Perc 1
39 - Perc 2
40 - HH CL
41 - HH OP (with "obey note-off messages" for pseudo-choke)
42 - Cym 1
43 - Cym 2

Direct link and info thread below:
jamester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 05:13 AM   #4
mr. moon

OK. Here's a multi-velocity kick drum replacer (ala "Drumagog") using the Andy Sneap kick drum samples. It is based in the Jonas "Reaper-drumagog-killer" package he designed, discussed here:
http://www.cockos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8049

I have created and posted a self-executable file named "Kickagog1.exe" which contains the following:

1. The Andy Sneap kick drum WAVs (thanks Andy!),
2. A track template file for them,
3. A Reaper project file for them,
4. The original contents from Jonas' "Reaper-drumagog-killer.zip" file, which are needed for the Jonas effect directory and his project file for guidance,
5. a "ReadMe.txt" file which gives general instructions on how to install the files once you have them decompressed into your main Reaper program directory.

To install the necessary files, just download the "Kickagog1.exe" file into your main Reaper directory, double click it, and just click "install" ...that's it!! (Be sure to scan it for virii and such first, as you never know what ickiness may get wrapped into the file on those free file servers!) The be sure to read the readme file to get the detailed info to get it up and running.

*Please note that the files were created on a default-configured installation of Reaper, so the "C:" drive is the primary drive which contains the Reaper directory "C:\Program Files\Reaper\..." and the Reaper project folders and files within this main directory, as well as the default track template file directory. If you have customized your Reaper installation, you may need to reconfigure the file paths and such to get everything to work correctly.

(*For example, on my Win64-bit installation, the main reaper directory is actually located in the "...\Program Files (x86)\" folder, so I had to create a directory named "Reaper" in the "...\Program Files\" directory and place the "Kickagog1" folder (with the included WAV files) in there so that the templates would work correctly, as they were configured to use this directory and not the one assigned because I run Win64 rather than WinXP.)

The readme file also gives a suggestion how to manually get around the latency issue that you'll (most likely) encounter on the newly rendered kick track (not the original "trigger" kick track from the project).

Anywho, here's where you can grab the file from:

http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/151...agog1-exe.html

Here's the file with the Voxengo latency delay plug added:
http://www.sharebigfile.com/file/151...gog1b-exe.html

And a BIG thanks to Andy Sneap and Voxengo for allowing me permission for putting this together and posting it here!!!

www.andysneap.com

www.voxengo.com

Enjoy!

-mr moon

www.soundclick.com/mrmoon

Last edited by mr. moon; 05-01-2007 at 07:49 AM.
mr. moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 04:39 PM   #5
greno

Default ReaperDoc

ReaperDoc is a tool to convert Reaper project files into a readable, printable or exportable format. Template files are used to determine how to format the output file.

Great for printing a quick track list.

http://greggreno.com/reaperdoc.htm
Old 05-02-2007, 09:15 AM   #6
mahasandi

this is great guys!

is their any simple/complex (any way at all?)

to translate these scripts to mac osx?

besides re-writing them...

i'am doing a lot of tracking on the mac beta and i know

it's not there yet but it will be ...
mahasandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 07:13 AM   #7
schwa
Administrator

Default misc effects

Updated from time to time.

Schwa JS effects. (the midi_humanizer is now in the installer)

Midi quantizer.

Midi note namer (makes your note names appear in the midi editor window).

Track Notepad with auto-timestamp.

There's some other little stuff scattered around the forums too.

Last edited by schwa; 08-09-2007 at 08:09 PM.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:58 PM   #8
doulos24

this is a script I wrote in autohotkey for a friend without a midi controller that I thought id share. It does 4 things. It allows you to add as many tracks as you select, it allows you to insert 8 of your favorite plugins anywhere you put your mouse using the plug in favorites folder, it records up to 8 cursor positions then it recalls them with a added single mouse click and it switches the entire mixer tracks to the 5 different automation modes. if anyone would try this out and let me know what they think I'd be grateful, or if there’s any features I should add please feel free to let me know thanks

Turning the script on and off

ctrl pgup turns the script on
ctrl pgdn turns the scrip off

Selecting tracks

ctrl shift t opens up a inputbox asking you how many tracks?
select the number and hit enter

plugin slection

alt 1-8 opens up the first 8 favorites plug-ins where ever the cursor is sitting

Recording the mouse

when numlock is on pressing numpad 1-8 records cursor positons
ctrl numpad 1-8 recalls those positions and sends a added left mouse click
this allows you to control up to 8 plug in windows8 mutes, 8 solos or 8 cursor points in the project etc.to rerecord a position just put the cursor where you want and record it in 1 of the 8 numpad slots. I find this very useful

automation controls

select a track put your cursor on the env button without clicking and type w1-w5 it selects all tracks minus the master and changes the automation type
w1 = trim
w2 = read
w3 = touch
w4 = latch
w5 = write

I sent a zip of the compiled script so anyone without autohotkey can use it with reaper enjoy
if you rather have the code let me know
Attached Files
File Type: zip reaper script auto.zip (197.7 KB, 327 views)
doulos24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 03:25 PM   #9
aspiringSynthesisingAlch

Default rea...'MagicMouse' ? - re 'reascriptauto' :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos24 View Post
this is a script I wrote in autohotkey for a friend without a midi controller that I thought id share. It does 4 things. It allows you to add as many tracks as you select, it allows you to insert 8 of your favorite plugins anywhere you put your mouse using the plug in favorites folder, it records up to 8 cursor positions then it recalls them with a added single mouse click and it switches the entire mixer tracks to the 5 different automation modes. if anyone would try this out and let me know what they think I'd be grateful, or if there’s any features I should add please feel free to let me know thanks

Turning the script on and off

ctrl pgup turns the script on
ctrl pgdn turns the scrip off

Selecting tracks

ctrl shift t opens up a inputbox asking you how many tracks?
select the number and hit enter

plugin slection

alt 1-8 opens up the first 8 favorites plug-ins where ever the cursor is sitting

Recording the mouse

when numlock is on pressing numpad 1-8 records cursor positons
ctrl numpad 1-8 recalls those positions and sends a added left mouse click
this allows you to control up to 8 plug in windows8 mutes, 8 solos or 8 cursor points in the project etc.to rerecord a position just put the cursor where you want and record it in 1 of the 8 numpad slots. I find this very useful

automation controls

select a track put your cursor on the env button without clicking and type w1-w5 it selects all tracks minus the master and changes the automation type
w1 = trim
w2 = read
w3 = touch
w4 = latch
w5 = write

I sent a zip of the compiled script so anyone without autohotkey can use it with reaper enjoy
if you rather have the code let me know
nice, testing tonight... I would LOVE to see the code for this.

thanks!
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #10
cyrilfb

Default ReaperDoc as a custom action - ReaperDoc2

I have rewritten ReaperDoc as a Python script. ReaperDoc2 is a tool to produce documentation of a project from the project file (.RPP). The original was written by Gregg Reno in Visual Basic. Using his project as a template I have written it in Python so that it can be used either standalone or as a custom action within Reaper. It is intended to work on both Mac and PC computers.

The installation and documentation are found in the file reaperdoc.htm in the download.

This is a BETA test. The known errors currently are:
1. On Mac it runs standalone but not as custom action. Any one know Mac?
2. On Windows Vista, sometimes the window is hidden behind Reaper and Reaper must be minimized to see it.

EDIT: 14 December, 2012: No longer beta testing, this is a final release with some bug fixes and enhancements. See this thread for discussion:
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=112906

Get it here:
https://stash.reaper.fm/14504/ReaperDoc2.zip

Last edited by cyrilfb; 12-14-2012 at 07:37 PM.
cyrilfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 04:39 AM   #11
TonE

Switching ReaSamplomatic5000 samples of selected track via hotkeys.
ReaSamplomatic5000 has to be in fx 8! You can change this, but then you need to modify the .ahk code.

Currently available hotkeys are, which you can also change if you want:
^ + 1/2 or
Right-Alt + n/m or
Right-Alt + 1/2

You can use any of those, all do the same, I create usually multiple versions, so sometimes its easier for left hand, or right hand, depending on what my other hand does.

Get it here: http://forum.cockos.com/project.php?issueid=4439
Discuss it here: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=43815
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:14 PM   #12
TonE

Midi Control Event Remapper Directly by editing .RPP
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.p...892#post853892
This allows you to remap all midi control event mappings directly in your .rpp using AutoHotkey. It is just one example how it could be done.

Last edited by TonE; 11-29-2011 at 12:31 PM.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote