Old 11-13-2006, 07:33 AM   #1
Bubbagump
Human being with feelings

Default Mixer Customization

I am a recent convert from N-track and there are a few things I am trying to figure out in Reaper that was possible in N-track. I figured out the routing so far adn am totally sold. The big thing I miss from N is the ability to create rows in the mixer adn some other GUI tweaks. Is that possible in Reaper? Or am I stuck with a single row and scrolling all over the place? For those of you who may not know what I am talking about, here is a screen shot from N.

Also, is there a way to add the send levels to the mixer so you don't have to go into the I/O box or right click to adjust effects sends to an aux/FX channel?

Can you move the transport controls while docked? For example, you know how you can move the Start bar around in Windows or tool bar pieces in Word, can you move the transport bar and dock it in different places? Or does it only dock in the bottom of the track window?

Lastly, in the project properties when you set the bit depth, what does that effect? Just the default recording bit depth? Or the actual mix engine? If just recording, is there a place to fiddle with the mixing engine settings? Sorry to be a newb. I am usually the one answering these sorts of questions.

Last edited by Bubbagump; 11-13-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Bubbagump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 02:27 PM   #2
Art Evans
Mortal

I think the answer is no to all questions! (Bit depth is recording bit depth - engine is set at 64 bits).

I rather like the idea of two rows of faders as an option in the mixer when not docked - but I suspect that would take rather a lot of coding to implement now - biggest point of difficulty would be the scrolling of it in sync with the waveform view perhaps.
Art Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #3
Andywanders
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbagump View Post
Also, is there a way to add the send levels to the mixer so you don't have to go into the I/O box or right click to adjust effects sends to an aux/FX channel?
I'm with you there...!

I'd LOVE to see that changer in Reaper.

Cheers.

Andy M. VST
Andywanders is offline   Reply With Quote