Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2019, 04:19 PM   #1
AlbertoEAF
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper glue bug - degraded output

Hello,

What was expected?
- Render item as new take and/or glue should result in a rendered item that is just like the original (soloing that output phase-inverted with the original signal should cancel)

What happens?
- Rendering or Gluing an item results in a file that doesn't phase-cancel the original by a very large margin even when not using FX

Environment:
- Reaper v6.01 @ Windows 10
- Affected tools: glue & render items as new take
- Affected lossless output formats: WAV (24bit) & FLAC (24bit)
- Sample rate: 48000Hz (for project & audio-interface & item sample rate, so no resampling needed)

Download the reaper project where this happens (too big to upload 15.5MB zip): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eic...ew?usp=sharing

I've found a particular case where this consistently happens - If you use a snap offset on an item and render the item, the phase-inverted-glued signal doesn't cancel out the original one. However if I erase the starting tempo without snapping to the grid I'll have issues on other places! And the original parts with issues work right, where others that were ok start having trouble.

I've left a project with a track and its copy (if you play it you have no volume on the master as they cancel out of course).

Now just select the items on the track named "Copy" and glue them or render as new item: when you play it back, items that have snap offset work badly, specially the last item! (And if you erase the starting tempo without snapping to the grid and to the glue you have issues in other places!)

Please fix this, it's not a minor thing at all this bug. Thank you so much.

Last edited by AlbertoEAF; 12-14-2019 at 04:24 PM.
AlbertoEAF is offline   Reply With Quote