Old 06-08-2019, 03:47 PM   #1
Human being with feelings

Default Can`t get Velocity of midi tracks back

So, here`s the deal. I`ve just ended up the project, had it playbacked, saved it, then decided to playback it once more, and boom, all midi tracks are inactive, says Velocity is at 0 (I apply a screenshot), no idea how to fix it. Did I press smth? Can`t find anything about it. The saved version also has that 0 Velocity
Attached Images
File Type: png ice_screenshot_20190609-014051.png (2.5 KB, 222 views)
111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 03:59 PM   #2
Coachz

Can you open the velocity cc lane like here? The you can draw any velocity needed.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...g6tpQuqk86OoYq
Coachz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 04:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
Can you open the velocity cc lane like here? The you can draw any velocity needed.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...g6tpQuqk86OoYq
I did, nothing changed, no sound, and it still shows Vel X.00

Trying to make a screenshot right now but Reaper refuses to load it because of Resolution and size

Last edited by 111; 06-08-2019 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-08-2019, 04:20 PM   #4
Coachz

Can you see the velocity lane? Do you have rpp-bak files when it was fine?
Old 06-08-2019, 04:26 PM   #5

Yes I can see, all set to max, as for rpp-bak - no
Old 06-08-2019, 05:15 PM   #6
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 111 View Post
Yes I can see, all set to max, as for rpp-bak - no
So there are velocities? Why dont you have backup files setup?
Old 06-08-2019, 05:24 PM   #7

Yes, there are velocities. I have a back up file but when I open it, it also has a 0 Velocity.
So far I rescued my project. I just created new empty midi items and copied midi events to those empty midi items respectively, and thus they work again. But this "method" was probably the least elegant\efficient and time consuming as well. So in case it may happen again, I`m looking forward to a better solution.

Last edited by 111; 06-09-2019 at 04:04 AM.
Old 06-10-2019, 09:15 AM   #8
xpander

Quote:
Originally Posted by 111 View Post
So, here`s the deal. I`ve just ended up the project, had it playbacked, saved it, then decided to playback it once more, and boom, all midi tracks are inactive, says Velocity is at 0 (I apply a screenshot), no idea how to fix it. Did I press smth?
What you are showing in the screenshot is the item volume control being set to zero. In the case of the MIDI items, the item volume control is actually a velocity multiplier, which is also seen in the item info; [Vel x0.00]. What this means is that the individual MIDI event velocities are still what they were, but affected by this multiplier, and when set to zero like here, you'll get no sound.

If you want to get the original velocities on the playback, you'll have to set the item volume control back to where you'll have it at Velocity: x1.00. One way to do that is to use the action Item: Reset items volume to +0dB.

I have set my item volume controls as knobs. It may add some visual clutter, but it's easy to see at glance where the given volumes are and adjust them when needed. Options/Preferences/Appearance/Media, Media item buttons.

Last edited by xpander; 06-10-2019 at 09:25 AM.
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 02:03 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
What you are showing in the screenshot is the item volume control being set to zero. In the case of the MIDI items, the item volume control is actually a velocity multiplier, which is also seen in the item info; [Vel x0.00]. What this means is that the individual MIDI event velocities are still what they were, but affected by this multiplier, and when set to zero like here, you'll get no sound.

If you want to get the original velocities on the playback, you'll have to set the item volume control back to where you'll have it at Velocity: x1.00. One way to do that is to use the action Item: Reset items volume to +0dB.

I have set my item volume controls as knobs. It may add some visual clutter, but it's easy to see at glance where the given volumes are and adjust them when needed. Options/Preferences/Appearance/Media, Media item buttons.
Many thanks!!!