Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlprod View Post
Just discovered this, great work!
Thanks!

Quote:
No way to add FX to items yet?
To add take/item FX, please use the Alt modifier key. For more info on QA2 features, press F1 while its GUI is focused.

Also, some of the core QA2 functionality is showcased in the video demo:

Neutronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 01:30 AM   #603
mlprod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutronic View Post
Thanks!

To add take/item FX, please use the Alt modifier key.
Brilliant, donated.
Old 05-17-2022, 05:02 PM   #604
tdc

Just had a moment of realisation that I use the extension every-single-session, every-minute.

I find its by far the most helpful tool for working in Reaper there is. Just wanted to say thanks again Neutronic!
tdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 10:07 PM   #605
Neutronic

Quote:
Brilliant, donated.
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Just had a moment of realisation that I use the extension every-single-session, every-minute.

I find its by far the most helpful tool for working in Reaper there is. Just wanted to say thanks again Neutronic!
Happy to hear it's been that helpful to you and you're very much welcome!

Old 08-18-2022, 01:17 PM   #606
colin_maybe

@Neutronic, thank you so much for your development of this extension! Saving me precious minutes and hours. Will absolutely be donating.

I've been experiencing what I think is a bug in Quick Adder. By default I have Quick Adder set to search Folders since this is where I keep all my "preferred" plugins. I can't quite pinpoint a pattern, but some plugins are not showing up in search results for the Folders filter. The plugins appear just fine in the other filters, just not the FOL filter. I have double checked that the plugins are present in Reaper's FX Folders, and are part of a regular folder, not a Smart Folder.

Not sure if this applies to all missing plugins, but quite a few of them are Waves plugins, VST3.

I've already tried refreshing the database, deleting all Quick Adder config files to force a reset, etc.

Using Quick Adder v2.49.2.
colin_maybe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2022, 04:24 PM   #607
Neutronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin_maybe View Post
@Neutronic, thank you so much for your development of this extension! Saving me precious minutes and hours. Will absolutely be donating.
Glad to hear it's been that helpful to you!

Quote:
I've been experiencing what I think is a bug in Quick Adder. [...]
Thanks for the report! I replicated the issue and it should be fixed in v2.49.3 which is live on GitHub. Once updated, please refresh the QA2 database.

What's new in v2.49.3 [full changelog]
  • improve string construction for FX_AddByName functions
  • fix missing VST3 plugins when filter is FOL

Last edited by Neutronic; 08-19-2022 at 08:52 AM.
Old 08-19-2022, 03:51 PM   #608
colin_maybe

Quote:
Glad to hear it's been that helpful to you!

Thanks for the report! I replicated the issue and it should be fixed in v2.49.3 which is live on GitHub. Once updated, please refresh the QA2 database.

What's new in v2.49.3 [full changelog]
  • improve string construction for FX_AddByName functions
  • fix missing VST3 plugins when filter is FOL
Wow, that was fast! Thanks!
Old 09-02-2022, 02:29 PM   #609
Skorobagatko

deleted

Last edited by Skorobagatko; 09-02-2022 at 04:48 PM.
Skorobagatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 04:36 AM   #610
yimbot

Just discovered this tool and love it!
It gives Reaper the most efficient workflow of any DAW. Once you have Track Templates and favourites setup, it’s so fast.

Donated!

FR: Thumbnails or Assignable icons on the right hand side. Only if it makes sense to implement it though…
Otherwise, keep up the good work!
yimbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 04:17 PM   #611
Sonorityscape

Is there a way to paste from clipboard in the search field? I was seeing if I could get another script to do so when QA2 is in focus but haven't figured out a way.
Sonorityscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 12:10 PM   #612
nvk

It looks like if you fav actions, it's still looking up the command ID from the saved fav result rather than the new command ID when you rebuild the cache.
nvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2022, 01:36 PM   #613
Neutronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by yimbot View Post
Just discovered this tool and love it!
It gives Reaper the most efficient workflow of any DAW. Once you have Track Templates and favourites setup, it’s so fast.

Donated!
Thank you and glad you enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yimbot View Post
FR: Thumbnails or Assignable icons on the right hand side. Only if it makes sense to implement it though…
Thanks for the the suggestions — a thumbnail implementation is planned for a future release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonorityscape View Post
Is there a way to paste from clipboard in the search field? I was seeing if I could get another script to do so when QA2 is in focus but haven't figured out a way.
Just added this in v2.49.4.

What's new [full changelog]

+ add context menu (right-click) for search bar
+ add "Clear Search", "Copy" and "Paste" to search context menu
+ add "Ctrl(Cmd) + C" shortcut to copy selected search text
+ add "Ctrl(Cmd) + V" shortcut to paste text from clipboard
# use up-to-date command IDs with favorite scripts/extensions
# set initial GUI size to 4k for retina screens

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvk View Post
It looks like if you fav actions, it's still looking up the command ID from the saved fav result rather than the new command ID when you rebuild the cache.
Just fixed this in v2.49.4. There was a change in a relatively recent REAPER update that caused script/extension command IDs to change under certain circumstances, which indeed affected favorited QA2 items.

Forgot to move the fix from the development branch to the production one, so thanks for reminding me!

Old 11-02-2022, 12:00 AM   #614
colin_maybe

Hey Neutronic, bit of a feature request...wishfully, would it be possible to add Send functionality to Quick Adder? That's one way I'm a bit jealous of my PT friends... click, type the destination track name, enter and the send is created. Would be amazing to have this in Reaper via Quick Adder.
Old 11-02-2022, 09:36 AM   #615
Neutronic

Quote:
Hey Neutronic, bit of a feature request...wishfully, would it be possible to add Send functionality to Quick Adder? That's one way I'm a bit jealous of my PT friends... click, type the destination track name, enter and the send is created. Would be amazing to have this in Reaper via Quick Adder.
Hey Colin -- there's already a way to create sends in QA2 using Ctrl(Cmd) + Shift + Alt modifier.

It inserts FX / templates on a new track and sends selected tracks (or track under the mouse cursor) to it:

Old 11-02-2022, 10:42 AM   #616
colin_maybe

Quote:
Hey Colin -- there's already a way to create sends in QA2 using Ctrl(Cmd) + Shift + Alt modifier.

It inserts FX / templates on a new track and sends selected tracks (or track under the mouse cursor) to it:

What I'm imagining is being able to search all existing tracks in the session by name and Quick Add a send TO the desired track.

Right now, the workflow to add a send is either:
1. Drag/drop from the origin send slot to the destination (preferred, but difficult in a large session with 100+ tracks)
2. Use the Routing > Sends > "Add new send..." menu which again can get long and difficult to navigate.

Having some kind of search-to-add-send functionality would make this much faster and easier
Old 11-02-2022, 01:22 PM   #617
Neutronic

Quote:
What I'm imagining is being able to search all existing tracks in the session by name and Quick Add a send TO the desired track.

[...]

Having some kind of search-to-add-send functionality would make this much faster and easier
Ah yes, this could be useful indeed. I'll add it to the list of possible future features.

Old 11-16-2022, 04:48 AM   #618
jayndoodle

Is it possible be to context aware like if I have a item selected then enter will add an fx to said item otherwise put it on the track?
jayndoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 08:35 AM   #619
Neutronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayndoodle View Post
Is it possible be to context aware like if I have a item selected then enter will add an fx to said item otherwise put it on the track?
It would be possible to add such feature, but I'm not sure the UX is as good as it sounds. For example, the user would have to remember to deselect items before they could add FX to tracks.

The implemented approach is both flexible and reliable, you're in full control of where FX go. If you don't want to use the Alt modifier for take FX insertion, you can simply drag and drop FX on tracks / items.

Old 11-29-2022, 08:07 PM   #620
Tone Ranger

Hello @Neutronic!

Just wanted to check and see if you have plans to implement CLAP plugin support to this great script?? I know it's a brand new feature that's barely a day old, but just curious if this was in your 'to do' list or not?

Thanks very much!
Tone Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 05:32 AM   #621
mozart999uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tone Ranger View Post
Hello @Neutronic!

Just wanted to check and see if you have plans to implement CLAP plugin support to this great script?? I know it's a brand new feature that's barely a day old, but just curious if this was in your 'to do' list or not?

Thanks very much!
+1 :-)
mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 06:46 AM   #622
Paul Eye

Quote:
Hello @Neutronic!

Thanks very much!
I do this quite rarely, but here's a +1 from me too
Paul Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 02:29 PM   #623
Neutronic

Quote:
Hello @Neutronic!

Thanks very much!
Hi there — yes, CLAP support will be added in a future version.

Old 11-30-2022, 03:58 PM   #624
Tone Ranger

Quote:
Hi there — yes, CLAP support will be added in a future version.
Fantastic news, thanks very much!
Old 01-02-2023, 03:19 PM   #625
nofish

Quick Adder is broken for me since Rv6.73+dev1231 unfortunately (last working +dev version here is Rv6.73+dev1230), Win10.

Probably due to the gfx.getchar() changes in +dev1230/31:

Quote:
v6.73+dev1231 - December 31 2022
+ ReaScript/JSFX: extend gfx.getchar() to return discrete unicode values when available
# IDE/gfx.getchar: more windows international keyboard support fixes

v6.73+dev1230 - December 30 2022
+ IDE/gfx.getchar: more international keyboard support tweaks for Windows (will probably break things)
edit:
Fixed (for me) with Rv6.73+dev0104

Last edited by nofish; 01-04-2023 at 02:38 PM.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 04:58 PM   #626
WarrenG

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
Quick Adder is broken for me since Rv6.73+dev1231 unfortunately (last working +dev version here is Rv6.73+dev1230), Win10.

Probably due to the gfx.getchar() changes in +dev1230/31:

I can also confirm the same error on:
Rv6.73+dev1231
Rv6.73+dev0102

Warren
The last Reaper update fixed this for me.

Last edited by WarrenG; 01-05-2023 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Fixed
WarrenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 04:41 PM   #627
winbe

Wow... I guess I'll donate as this script is incredibly useful and well made!!

Now, I am starting to dream, if we could use it to recall a "category" of fx, say, "compressors", list them, and in the list show a small associated screenshot, it would be amazing!

I am struggling to use HedaScript TrackTemplate, it used to work, but now it cannot "insert" anything. I love the idea of having screenshots of my plugins, it can help think of using forgotten ones

I am willing to study Lua, your script will be a source of inspiration!
Old 01-09-2023, 05:38 AM   #628
Manik Möllers

Default Track, Item, Marker Search

thank you so much for this script! I would love to be able to search for items, track names, and markers and select it with quick adder.
Old 01-15-2023, 12:41 PM   #629
M_Helder

I am constantly amazed by Reaper's community and its ability to enhance the life of fellow producers.

Thank you for a fantastic workflow improvement!
M_Helder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 09:27 PM   #630
Tone Ranger

Hello there Neutronic!

I've just done a reinstall of Reaper on my system (and updated the OS - Mac OS Monterey 12.6.3) - and since that time I've had an odd problem loading some track templates using Quick Adder (I have the latest version).

Specifically - track templates that include only one track work fine, but the template I have to load several tracks comes back with the error "Error Reading Template File". This worked fine in my previous install, and this template also loads fine if I use right click in Reaper instead of Quick Adder to call it up. For some reason something malfunctions while trying to call it using Quick Adder.

I tried redoing the template itself, and also force-refreshing Quick Adder, but to no avail. What I did notice, is that the track templates that DO work have a short path name under them in Quick Adder:

Whereas the template that won't load has a long path name under it in Quick Adder:

They are both to the same location, just a different folder in Track Templates. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the error? Refreshing Quick Adder doesn't fix the path name.

Anyhow - just wondering if you have any suggestions to fix this? Again, the problem isn't my track template itself, which loads fine not using Quick Adder. Thanks very much for your time!! 🙂
Old 02-06-2023, 01:52 PM   #631
Coachz

Quote:
Hello there Neutronic!

I've just done a reinstall of Reaper on my system (and updated the OS - Mac OS Monterey 12.6.3) - and since that time I've had an odd problem loading some track templates using Quick Adder (I have the latest version).

Specifically - track templates that include only one track work fine, but the template I have to load several tracks comes back with the error "Error Reading Template File". This worked fine in my previous install, and this template also loads fine if I use right click in Reaper instead of Quick Adder to call it up. For some reason something malfunctions while trying to call it using Quick Adder.

I tried redoing the template itself, and also force-refreshing Quick Adder, but to no avail. What I did notice, is that the track templates that DO work have a short path name under them in Quick Adder:

Whereas the template that won't load has a long path name under it in Quick Adder:

They are both to the same location, just a different folder in Track Templates. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the error? Refreshing Quick Adder doesn't fix the path name.

Anyhow - just wondering if you have any suggestions to fix this? Again, the problem isn't my track template itself, which loads fine not using Quick Adder. Thanks very much for your time!! 🙂
Can you load them using Reaper track templates right clicking over a track?
Coachz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 01:59 PM   #632
Tone Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
Can you load them using Reaper track templates right clicking over a track?
Yes, they all load fine that way! It only gives the error when I try to load it via Quick Adder...
Old 02-21-2023, 09:21 AM   #633
siperwrx

Another +1 for an awesome script!

One suggestion: can you have the cursor automatically go to the search box when Quick Adder is activated? I have Quick Adder as my 'Q' keyboard shortcut to activate the docked instance, then I just start typing for the FX I want--not realizing the cursor isn't there and I'm butchering my session with other keystrokes. :-D
siperwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 01:53 PM   #634
Coachz

Is there a way to only show

track templates
FX templates
Or only FX?
Old 02-22-2023, 03:02 PM   #635
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
Is there a way to only show

track templates
FX templates
Or only FX?
You can click on the magnifier, then you can set search filters.
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2023, 03:44 PM   #636
Coachz

Thanks nofish, I'll give it a go
Old 02-23-2023, 04:22 PM   #637
Blastrio

Fantastic! Nice clean GUI too.
Thanks.
Blastrio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 01:54 AM   #638
Kabraxis

I'm using Reaper for 13 years and I think THIS plugin must be an internal one. Awesome work, thanks!
Kabraxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2023, 09:04 AM   #639
Hipox

Hi! First of all, thank you for an amazing script

I have a feature request (more like a polite question):

I know I can set certain plugins as favorite so they appear on top of the search.
But, would it be possible to add option to get "last used" or "frequently used plugins" appear on top of the search?
This is the only feature I miss (and script 'Fast FX Finder' does implement it nicely).
Hipox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 09:56 AM   #640
twarch

As said in the post above, thanks for this script !

I have a feature request too... As reaper does not know how to add tags on plugins, would it be possible with QuickAdder? This could be useful when looking for a sound color or type of compression/EQ but not sure which plugin to choose for that.
twarch is offline   Reply With Quote