Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 03-31-2022, 06:48 AM   #601
Javier Robledo
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edison View Post
That I know

Code: 96BBEDC9503C8E03 - For now, only present in +dev versions, from version 6.49+dev0224
Thanks Edison ¡¡¡

Javier Robledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 07:04 AM   #602
Edison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier Robledo View Post
Thanks Edison ¡¡¡

You’re welcome
Old 05-26-2022, 03:06 PM   #603
james-eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
There is a build of REAPER with initial, experimental localization features, available here:

http://landoleet.org/i8n/

In this thread, please discuss any issues you find when creating a localization, i.e. if you find that setting certain strings do not work, or if you have ideas to speed the process up.

There is a separate thread for posts about bugs in this version of REAPER vs the normal version(s), please post those sort of bugs there and not here.

Notes:
  • At this time only REAPER itself and the MIDI editor are localizable, we will be doing more in the future to improve this.
  • Many of the dialog resources will not have room for longer translations -- we apologize for this and will be improving that in the future, before a general release without any doubt.
hello Justin
Can you update the merge_langpacks tool in your development free time at reaper?
Currently merging reaper658+dev0526.ReaperLangPack with merge_langpacks
and
658.ReaperLangPack
the process will result in
not in template, possibly obsolete
entries.
If the translation language spans too much, there will be a lot of
translation entries starting with
Hopefully you can add a parameter option to the merge_langpacks tool,
to clean up outdated translation entries after the translation merge.
thanks
james-eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 07:19 AM   #604
Claudio saiere

Default Arrastar e colar groove de bateria

Bom dia , sou novo no forum e espero que eu não esteja desrespeitando nenhuma regra.
Tenho um problema e gostaria muito de uma ajuda se possivel.
Uso no Reaper o plugin de bateria MT Drum kit 2 , mas não consigo arrastar os grooves do plugin para as trilha, quando tento aparece uma mensagem de erro do Reaper dizendo: " não foi possivel importar o arquivo" será que alguém saberia porque acontece isso?
E poderia me dar o passo a passo de como resolver este problema? Eu ficaria imensamente grato. forte abraço a todos!

Last edited by Claudio saiere; 06-07-2022 at 07:23 AM. Reason: erro de escrita
Claudio saiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 11:26 AM   #605
Phroneris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudio saiere View Post
Bom dia , sou novo no forum e espero que eu não esteja desrespeitando nenhuma regra.
Tenho um problema e gostaria muito de uma ajuda se possivel.
Uso no Reaper o plugin de bateria MT Drum kit 2 , mas não consigo arrastar os grooves do plugin para as trilha, quando tento aparece uma mensagem de erro do Reaper dizendo: " não foi possivel importar o arquivo" será que alguém saberia porque acontece isso?
E poderia me dar o passo a passo de como resolver este problema? Eu ficaria imensamente grato. forte abraço a todos!
Hello!

I can't read your language directly, but according to machine translation of your post, this thread doesn't seem suitable for your issue.
This thread is just for localization topics.
You should visit REAPER Non-English Speaking User Forums instead: https://forum.cockos.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38
Old 06-12-2022, 03:36 PM   #606
Dubnick

Default Noticing some small bugs in my "normal" Reaper build versions after using dev builds.

Hi,

Please forgive me if this is some sort of simple user error that I am missing, but I am noticing a couple weird things when going back to the "regular" Reaper builds after using the dev builds to check out the progress of fixed item lanes from my desktop folder portable Reaper install of dev builds:

- Even though I am not using fixed item lanes in the regular builds because it doesn't have that yet, I am still getting the diagonal lines below my takes (screenshot attached).

- For some weird reason, even though my preferences still have have free item positioning unchecked (as I always have) and never manually switch to free item positioning, all my tracks I record to are defaulting to "free item positioning" every time in the regular build. Never experienced this until I started checking out fixed item lanes in the betas.

Again, sincere apologies if this is an error on my part and there is something obvious I am missing.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: png Diagonal Lines.png (74.6 KB, 170 views)
Dubnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 09:46 AM   #607
Javier Robledo

Default Synonyms

Hi ¡¡¡

Is there a max number of synonyms lines ?

Till 00000000000000015 works fine but 00000000000000016 does not work.

Thanks
Javier Robledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 06:04 PM   #608
Mr. Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by james-eric View Post
hello Justin
Can you update the merge_langpacks tool in your development free time at reaper?
Currently merging reaper658+dev0526.ReaperLangPack with merge_langpacks
and
658.ReaperLangPack
the process will result in
entries.
If the translation language spans too much, there will be a lot of
translation entries starting with
Hopefully you can add a parameter option to the merge_langpacks tool,
to clean up outdated translation entries after the translation merge.
thanks

Hi James-Eric,

At first glance such an option looks quite handy, but translating REAPER for years now taught me that it can lead into a real chaos. There are several reasons. First of all it's very likely that you can translate strings that are not in the template at all, but still work when you translate them. So "possibly obsolete" isn't necessarily obsolete. I experienced many cases where I translated strings years ago that work, but when merging with a new template they are still marked "possibly obsolete", because they never were added to the template. The result could be a loss of real hard work when all sections marked "possibly obsolete" would be removed from the translated file by such an option. If you afterwards check your translation you could find yourself in a situation, wondering why strings at runtime of REAPER suddenly are not translated anymore, although you could swear you translated them at some point.

There are a lot of cases where strings can be translated, but still never found a way into the template. The template isn't guaranteed to be complete at all. If you find strings that are e.g. in a dialog that don't appear to be translated, while others in the same dialog do, try to translate them anyway and see whether they work. A lot of them will, actually.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 08-09-2022 at 11:20 AM.
Mr. Data is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 04:20 AM   #609
tohubohu

Default BUG TO FIX

BUG to FIX

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=271122

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=270195
tohubohu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2022, 12:51 PM   #610
tohubohu

Default bug to fix on track group manager

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=273946
Old 02-06-2023, 10:51 AM   #611
tohubohu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier Robledo View Post
Hi ¡¡¡

Is there a max number of synonyms lines ?

Till 00000000000000015 works fine but 00000000000000016 does not work.

Thanks
hello javier
look at here
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=274951
Old 03-23-2023, 01:51 PM   #612
tohubohu

Default last bug to fix

last bug to fix
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=17
Old 03-23-2023, 02:59 PM   #613
Mr. Data

@Justin:

It was a permanent nuisance to me that dialogs in REAPER looked quite untidy when translated. I'm very happy to see that you have found a solution to that 'problem' so most dialogs look fine now!
And therefore I'd like to send you a very special

THANK YOU!

-Data
Old 03-23-2023, 05:00 PM   #614
tohubohu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Data View Post
@Justin:

It was a permanent nuisance to me that dialogs in REAPER looked quite untidy when translated. I'm very happy to see that you have found a solution to that 'problem' so most dialogs look fine now!
And therefore I'd like to send you a very special

THANK YOU!

-Data
hello
What are you talking about please? was there an improvement of something concerning the resizing of the windows?
thks
Old 03-24-2023, 02:42 AM   #615
Mr. Data

Hi Tohubohu,

I think it's not exclusively a thing of resizing, it is more about how elements are aligned in dialog windows when text they contain is translated. Since German most of the time doesn't allow to put things as concise as it is possible in English, dialogs often need to be bigger than the originals, which led to fairly messy looking windows. The imho most obvious example I once posted was the dialog of the Crossfade Editor. The original version looks like this:

...and the version, translated to German looked like this:

...but it should look like this, shouldn't it?

The thing is, Justin at that point did a fix, but just for this dialog.

I don't know when it was invented, but in newer REAPER versions most dialogs look quite good now. Elements are (in most cases) nicely aligned under each other and it works for colums too (for instance in the 'Preferences -> Appearance -> Media' window). It might not be perfect, but still imho looks quite nice now.

Therefore my special Thanx to Justin.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 03-24-2023 at 03:02 AM.
Old 03-24-2023, 04:13 AM   #616
tohubohu

thank you

this is not the case for the item properties or for several preferences windows...I took a quick look.
but it's cool!
I had been daydreaming, thinking Justin had made window resizing automatic
Old 03-24-2023, 05:06 AM   #617
Mr. Data

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohubohu View Post
thank you

this is not the case for the item properties or for several preferences windows...I took a quick look.
but it's cool!
I had been daydreaming, thinking Justin had made window resizing automatic
No, he didn't. You still need to use the '5CA1E' entries in the langpack and have to fiddle about with spaces here and there.

-Data
Old 04-03-2023, 01:47 PM   #618
tohubohu

hi,
wouldn't these two options be the same with two different names? THANKS

Options: Toggle item grouping and track media/razor edit grouping (in Action list)
and
item grouping and track razor/edit grouping enabled (in option menu)
Old 04-04-2023, 02:19 PM   #619
Mr. Data

Just saw this in the Bug reports sub-forum.
Since it deals with localization it maybe gets more attention when mentioned here as well. I think it might be quite important to French speaking Linux users.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=276750

HTH

-Data
Old 04-04-2023, 02:37 PM   #620
tohubohu

this should be put here too. These are bug reports I've made since summer 2022 and not everything is quite fixed yet. there are tiny things left.

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=273882
Old 04-05-2023, 11:03 AM   #621
Mr. Data

Concerning this:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=273882
Issue 13 "waiting". AFAICT everything seems to work, at least here. Just the word "dotted" in the dropdown menu I couldn't translate as well, although the entries are present in the template.
Quote:
2 - CHANGE TEMPO / TIME SIGNATURE / RHYTHM PATTERN
Maybe you have a look yourself since I could be wrong.

In general it would be good to be able to resize and/or place elements such as check-boxes and radio buttons, since it isn't always possible to put in short words which function they represent. Some of these elements might even need to have two rows to put a clear description in.

-Data
Old 04-05-2023, 11:47 AM   #622
tohubohu

'dotted' I had checked, it works.
on mac os, I just saw. it's OK.
on windows, I didn't double check but it worked. there had been a problem on windows with weird symbols, but everything is back to normal
Old 04-05-2023, 03:08 PM   #623
Mr. Data

Quote:
'dotted' I had checked, it works.
Oh thanks!

You're right. It works (unless I mistakenly meant some other dropdown where it didn't work. Thing is, I remember I was happy that translating overall went so well, but I was kinda vexed that I couldn't get rid of the word 'dotted' although it was translated.)

Quote:
there had been a problem on windows with weird symbols, but everything is back to normal
I've encountered a few weird characters as well, especially in the undo history list when the description (undo text) exceeds the length of the allowed number of chars and at the position where the string gets truncated is such a special character, like ä, ö, ü, or more likely in French é or è.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 04-05-2023 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-06-2023, 01:07 AM   #624
Giorgos Peresoglou

Default Good morning from Greece.

Good morning from Greece. I am very happy to be near you! I would like your valuable help with a problem I am facing.
I would like to translate the program into Greek, but I don't know which text file I should download.
Also, I would like to inform you that I am visually impaired, but I will do my best to translate the program into my language.
A direct link to download the package would help. Thank you in advance for your help.
Giorgos Peresoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 01:20 AM   #625
Vagelis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgos Peresoglou View Post
Good morning from Greece. I am very happy to be near you! I would like your valuable help with a problem I am facing.
I would like to translate the program into Greek, but I don't know which text file I should download.
Also, I would like to inform you that I am visually impaired, but I will do my best to translate the program into my language.
A direct link to download the package would help. Thank you in advance for your help.
Oh that would be nice, ευχαριστώ
Vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 01:48 AM   #626
tohubohu

Quote:
I've encountered a few weird characters as well, especially in the undo history list when the description (undo text) exceeds the length of the allowed number of chars and at the position where the string gets truncated is such a special character, like ä, ö, ü, or more likely in French é or è.
-Data
Can you take a screenshot for me so I can see the problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giorgos Peresoglou View Post
Good morning,
I am one of the two French translators.
you come at the right time.
Justin F. created a translation assistance software called LangPackEdit, which I asked him to do. He quickly did.
It is currently in a bit of a testing phase, but we have been using it for three months with the main French translator Leejul (who is also visually impaired). LangPackEdit works great for accessibility.
If you use it, don't hesitate to do some tests in time to make sure everything is working well. In principle, it works. But the more we use it to test it, the better it will work.
You can find it at this link: https://www.landoleet.org/i8n/
download the third version: langpackedit 003...the third version is accessible for the blind.
To download the English template, it's here:
https://www.landoleet.org/old/
you need to download the file named:
reaper678.ReaperLangPack

If you need advice, Leejul (the main French blind translator) can give it to you. He can perhaps explain to you from experience the procedure to follow to avoid errors. (eg how he designed the lexicon). etc...
There are 25,000 lines to translate. In my opinion, I would advise you to start by translating the menus, before translating the windows which will require resizing. You will need someone with sight at this time. Don't get started without thinking a lot about the choice of words beforehand
I would like Justin F. to explain to all of us (unless some know) the name of the translation blocks: when it says 'MENU', it's a menu, but when it says for example IDD or What is IDR?
If you can't use langpackedit, I'll explain.
Good translation

EDIT : the link to our French lexicon
https://reaperaccessible.fr/archives...ack%20FRC.html
Old 04-06-2023, 03:27 AM   #627
Giorgos Peresoglou

Default Greek

Good afternoon.First of all, thank you very much for the answer. Of course it is very important. Where there are visually impaired people. In this particular forum. The developers really deserve kudos. They have studied. For accessibility. F I have to do. The first question.F I have entered the goal.In the application.How should I start?Thank you very much.In advance for the answer.
Giorgos Peresoglou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 09:14 AM   #628
tohubohu

@giorgios
I didn't understand what you are asking.
Old 04-06-2023, 02:18 PM   #629
Mr. Data

Hello Giorgos,

good to have you here!

What you need to translate is a template file, which is the file to begin with. It contains all strings that are translatable (or at least should be). There are template files with every new version of REAPER. Even dev versions (these are in between versions that are uploaded for users who want to check new features or fixes that were made) and RCs (Release Candidats) get their own template file. I personally don't deal with them 'cos it would take too much time to translate versions that are unofficial anyway. Believe me, it's hard enough to keep official releases up-to-date.

Here's a link to the language template for the current official REAPER version v6.78.

https://www.landoleet.org/old/reaper678.ReaperLangPack

First thing you should do after you've downloaded it is to copy it so you have two of them. The first one should stay untouched and the second one is the one you do your translations in, which you should call e.g. translation.ReaperLangPack or so. The first (untouched) file is the one you later on merge with your translation file. Also I use this to check things when I feel I get stuck at some point so I still have the original string right at hand.

To merge the template with the translation (later on) you need a small program called 'merge_langpacks.exe' which you can download here:
https://www.landoleet.org/i8n/merge_langpacks.exe
If you later have done a translation file and merge it with the template, you can see which strings are not present anymore in future versions and which strings have been added.

Depending on the way you want to work, also the tool Tohubohu proposed to use, can be a big time-saver. https://www.landoleet.org/i8n/LangPackEdit003_win64.zip
(The links are for Windows of course.)
I tried it, but for me the text is too small (and I couldn't make it bigger), since I'm visually impaired as well.

OK, Back to the template:
The first lines of it look like this:

Code:
#NAME:Template (edit-me)
; NOTE: this is the best starting point for making a new langpack.
; As you translate a string, remove the ; from the beginning of the
; line. If the line begins with ;^, then it is an optional string,
; and you should only modify that line if the definition in [common]
; is not accurate for that context.
; You can enlarge windows using 5CA1E00000000000=scale, for example:
; [DLG_218] ; IDD_LOCKSETTINGS
; 5CA1E00000000000=1.2
; This makes the above dialog 1.2x wider than default.
The first line
Code:
#NAME:Template (edit-me)
holds the title that is displayed later in REAPER at runtime on the 'General' page of the preferences dialog in a dropdown menu.
In the German version (which I'm doing) for instance this line looks like this:
Code:
#NAME:Deutsch [DE] [v6.78] (inkl. SWS) (230323)
As you can see, the language file consists of blocks.
In the lines below each block title you find the strings to translate to the right of the '='

I think, that's enough (if not too much) to begin with.
If you have any more questions or need more info you can be assured there are many helping hands here.

Just a little warning: If you have downloaded the template file, scroll down to the end and decide whether you really want to do this! It can be a PITA, nerve wrecking and boring and it surely isn't done in two days or two weeks or even months, especially when you're just starting.

-Data
Old 04-06-2023, 02:29 PM   #630
Mr. Data

Quote:
Quote:
Can you take a screenshot for me so I can see the problem?
I'd like to, but I can't do it ad hoc, because I just noticed it as I was doing some other translation. The Thing is that the undo string has to be truncated and at the truncation point there has to be some of these chars (which I already wrote). What I didn't mention though was, that the same crippled char was present earlier in the string and there it was crippled too. If e.g. È or so isn't at the truncation point, the string seems to be displayed correct.

Concerning the screenshot, I'll see what I can do.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 04-08-2023 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-07-2023, 03:29 AM   #631
Edison

Particularly for comparing versions of ReaperLangPack, I use the WinMerge software, for Windows only. Approximately 6 years ago.
Old 04-07-2023, 03:58 AM   #632
tohubohu

to use langpackedit which is new, you only need:
- load template
- load pack

- then in the filter you type "not-localized" (with the hyphen) and you translate all the lines that come out.
- in the filter, you type "not-in-template" and you delete all the lines at once by clicking on a button for that.
- you type 'save pack' to save
Old 04-07-2023, 04:11 AM   #633
Edison

@tohubohu
Thanks for the info!
Old 04-07-2023, 12:30 PM   #634
Mr. Data

Quote:
Particularly for comparing versions of ReaperLangPack, I use the WinMerge software, for Windows only. Approximately 6 years ago.
I'm using Notepad++ most of the time.
Even comparing I do with it. You can load more than one file and put the second one in a second view. After comparison it shows new added lines, deleted lines, and lines that are shifted somewhere else in the file.

But I love it especially because of this feature:

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 04-07-2023 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-07-2023, 02:26 PM   #635
Edison

And, long live democracy!!!
Old 04-07-2023, 03:14 PM   #636
tohubohu

advantages of langpackedit
+ the filter is powerful. it allows you to see, for example, harmonization errors quickly.
+ we delete all the lines that are no longer in the template in half a second.
Old 04-07-2023, 06:00 PM   #637
Mr. Data

Quote:
And, long live democracy!!!
Yeah, Edison, we hope so.

I won't forget to mention or even emphasize that Tohubohu was so kind to ask Justin for a version of LangPackEdit with bigger text or even definable text size, since there are some here who's eyesight is not as it should be.

I think some tasks could be done much faster than in Notepad++.
A well balanced combination of all tools we have at hand is probably the right way.

-Data
Old 04-07-2023, 11:13 PM   #638
tohubohu

thank you for your message.
Small question: you do not have a small application that allows you to enlarge the text? like a magnifying glass etc?...

we have no more news from the Greek 🙂
perhaps he is demotivated by seeing the magnitude of the task to be accomplished.
Old 04-09-2023, 08:22 PM   #639
Mr. Data

Quote:
Small question: you do not have a small application that allows you to enlarge the text? like a magnifying glass etc?...
Yes, I have such magnifying apps, but normally I don't need to use them, because most programs let me change the size of text anyway and to switch such magnifiers on and off all the time I always found very cumbersome. What is even more impeding to me is the stress to my eye, 'cos many apps have dark text on white background. I need white text on black background and have set up the tools I need that way (btw. this is better for everyone, impaired or not, 'cos light wears out sensory cells more in the long term. The reason why it isn't that way on computer displays is because we are used to it, reading books on white paper with dark typeface and why, being used to it, spare a thought on it?). So, actually the size of text within LangPackEdit isn't my real problem. I'd have no real problem if it was white text on black bg (even at the given size), but with black text on white bg it's very exhausting to my eyes and I only can work just a few minutes without getting a headache.

Quote:
to use langpackedit which is new, you only need:
- load template
- load pack

- then in the filter you type "not-localized" (with the hyphen) and you translate all the lines that come out.
- in the filter, you type "not-in-template" and you delete all the lines at once by clicking on a button for that.
- you type 'save pack' to save
There is another aspect, why I'm kinda wary about the "not-in-template" function, because it is not only "not-in-template", but also "possibly obsolete" which I have experienced more than once.
It might have changed by now, but I remember - I think it was the 'Theme development/tweaker' dialog - all those strings I could translate and the translation worked, although none of the strings were in the template at that time and they were marked "not in template, possibly obsolete". So, when using the filter 'not in template' and clicking 'delete' would destroy your hard word, not to mention that you'd probably wonder at a later point, where the work you did earlier has gone, just because you didn't remember right at that moment, when clicking the 'Delete' button.

Maybe you'd have a look at an earlier post of mine.
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=608

IIRC we can translate REAPER since 2011 now and I have been in this translation thing since then and I have gone through all this before. I might not do it the most efficient way time-wise, but I prefer to stay on the safe side, which in the end gives the best possible result. What I'm missing though is participation of those who use the langpack, 'cos the translation is far away from being perfect. I bit (more) of feedback, concerning errors, typos and so on would be nice.

-Data

Last edited by Mr. Data; 04-20-2023 at 03:02 PM.
Old 04-10-2023, 07:18 AM   #640
tohubohu

hi,
on Mac, langpackedit is white on a black background. I think just ask Justin for Windows. it probably shouldn't be hard to do.
For the rest, we didn't understand anything with Leejul. We don't know what you're talking about. could you be more clear please
Could you also please explain the problem to me again in the undo history window in order to make a bug report if I manage to reproduce the bug? I did not completely understand.
Thanks a lot.