Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2012, 12:58 AM   #11
Banned
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxliniere View Post
Another feature request:

It would be great if you could create a new knob type which acts like a fader. Instead of wasting the screen real-estate of a small device with faders that stretch over a large portion of a screen, they could be replaced by a new type.
It would look like a simple circle, much like the current rotary controls as far as level indication goes, except that it would have the "linear knob" type of behaviour that modern DAWs use for plugin knob control (where you click the knob, then move your mouse along the vertical axis).
Imagine having an entire mixer of 32 channels all available on one page.
While I appreciate this line of thinking, may I remind you that this is *not* the TouchOSC FR page? (getting track colors and such via OSC in REAPER has already been requested)

But hey, I'm not imagining anything - I'm using it (also on TouchOSC, and it's working nicely here. Just need to pimp the graphics a bit more. Here's a few little examples of current work in progress: parameter value --> hue; MIDI/OSC conversion curve X/Y crosshairs; parameter value --> different color schemes (all .mov, 906kb / 434kb / 3.4mb)

I strongly disagree on 'linear knob' being a good choice btw. As I have mentioned before elsewhere on this forum, circular knobs have much better resolution (and are more intuitive to use, since shape matches motion). It has nothing to do with 'modern DAW'. If you're referring to Ableton, haven't you noticed that since all controls are locked at the bottom of the screen, there is hardly any room left to navigate?

Last edited by Banned; 03-23-2012 at 01:07 AM.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote