Old 12-13-2021, 01:35 PM   #2761
Wilson
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
@Wilson I think you may need to think another solution because the FX Chains versions are not designed to be used in real time, or automated from MIDI. They take some time to switch. Maybe a better solution is to insert all the FX in the tracks, and automate their bypass or wet/dry envelopes as you need.
Oh man I had great hopes that finally an easy solution for snapshots is comming in to Reaper

The SWS Snapshots are not good enough for realtime and other plugins like "New Sonic Freestyle" are too buggy. The only script that comes close is the LBX Stripper.

I wonder why no one made a good script just for Snapshots (like the NI Maschine, Bitwig, Ableton... with snapshot morphing and automatable)
It would be so useful for arranging, jamming and live sessions.

To automate the envelopes is a different thing and of course I do that but only to finish a track or for Mastering purposes but I've been waiting for years for a script just for snapshots.

If you know something in this direction that already exist please let me know.

But thank you anyway for your really nice script!
Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 02:23 PM   #2762
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
Oh man I had great hopes that finally an easy solution for snapshots is comming in to Reaper

The SWS Snapshots are not good enough for realtime and other plugins like "New Sonic Freestyle" are too buggy. The only script that comes close is the LBX Stripper.

I wonder why no one made a good script just for Snapshots (like the NI Maschine, Bitwig, Ableton... with snapshot morphing and automatable)
It would be so useful for arranging, jamming and live sessions.

To automate the envelopes is a different thing and of course I do that but only to finish a track or for Mastering purposes but I've been waiting for years for a script just for snapshots.

If you know something in this direction that already exist please let me know.

But thank you anyway for your really nice script!
yeah.. it is a different use case
I don't know any script for that... like morphing between presets of plugins... but it is certainly possible to do that.. the thing that takes time to load is if you replace new plugins. So that is not good for real-time... but changing parameters of loaded plugins is possible in real time for sure.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2021, 02:43 PM   #2763
heda

Default v2.2.0 (2021-12-14)

* Track Inspector VIP v2.2.0 (2021-12-14)
+ Playback offset: Cursor offset button: move playback cursor before playing with maximum negative offset in project
+ Playback offset: option: display maximum negative offset in project
+ Playback offset: option: display all tracks with playback offsets active
# fix RMS1/2 vumode meter

new things in the Playback offset panel:
inspired by the thread: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2502784

Added a button to switch on or off to move the playback cursor before playing. This needs to be tested.
Next to it is the calculated maximum negative offset found in the project. Which is the value in ms that the cursor is moved back before starting to playback. For now it only works in ms, not in samples... but who uses samples anyway?

And then a list view of all the tracks in the project that have some media playback offset applied. Clicking on them changes selected track and scrolls to it.

if you don't want to see these new things in the panel, you can disable it in the panel menu.
Old 12-23-2021, 03:50 AM   #2764
HighVoltage

Dunno in which version this changed, but if i click on show archived tracks button, and click on one of the archived tracks, all the unarchived tracks suddenly appear.
HighVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 07:43 AM   #2765
mozart999uk

Hi. Finally got round to updating to VIP2.

At the moment I can't see a fader anywhere. I've checked through the help file.

Can anyone help?

mozart999uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 08:02 AM   #2766
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighVoltage View Post
Dunno in which version this changed, but if i click on show archived tracks button, and click on one of the archived tracks, all the unarchived tracks suddenly appear.
mmm maybe it is the special tags causing this. I should disable special tags processing if showing the archived tracks.
Old 12-23-2021, 08:03 AM   #2767
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozart999uk View Post
Hi. Finally got round to updating to VIP2.

At the moment I can't see a fader anywhere. I've checked through the help file.

Can anyone help?

the fader is in the meter panel.
can you share a screenshot? What are you seeing exactly?
Old 12-23-2021, 08:27 AM   #2768
mozart999uk

Quote:
the fader is in the meter panel.
can you share a screenshot? What are you seeing exactly?
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I've just noticed that I didn't have it in Ti1 either :-) I guess because I don't have TB pro audio dp4 installed?
Old 12-23-2021, 09:45 AM   #2769
heda

in TI2 you don't need to use dpmeter. By default, it uses Cockos loudness plugin to display the meter loudness. But that's only regarding the meter display, the fader to change the volume should be there always.

the options are a bit messy I think...

in the Meter panel Right click menu:

Simple meters ON: it uses internal peaks from the track. It supports the new VU meters mode from REAPER (RMS, LUFS...) it doesn't use any auxiliary track with dpmeter or cockos plugin to measure the loudness etc...

Simple meter OFF: It uses auxiliary hidden track with the plugins (dpmeter, or cockos plugin) for calculating loudness, and track inspector plugin for phase correlation and stereo direction
  • Use Cokos plugin ON: it uses cockos plugin
  • Use Cokos plugin OFF: it uses dpmeter 4 or 5 (depending on the setting "dpmeter Version to use" in the main settings page)
Old 12-24-2021, 01:42 AM   #2770
mozart999uk

So here's what I see:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2m2vh6l92...theme.png?dl=0

and here's what I see with the default theme:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n766pfz2lp...theme.png?dl=0

Hope that helps
Old 12-24-2021, 04:22 AM   #2771
heda

Quote:

So here's what I see:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o2m2vh6l92...theme.png?dl=0

and here's what I see with the default theme:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n766pfz2lp...theme.png?dl=0

Hope that helps
I think this is what is happening. you just have to drag it up. But it should not happen by default unless you dragged it down. Was it like this by default?

Old 12-24-2021, 05:31 AM   #2772
mozart999uk

Thanks that fixed it!!!!!

Yes it was like that as default but no worries now :-)

Happy Christmas!
Old 01-11-2022, 02:09 AM   #2773
mozart999uk

Hi. Happy new year.

Is there any news on the "notepad" problem?

I've just discovered that SWS notes aren't saved with track templates so I was hoping that Ti might come to the rescue.....
Old 01-11-2022, 02:42 AM   #2774
sockmonkey72

Quote:
Hi. Happy new year.

Is there any news on the "notepad" problem?

I've just discovered that SWS notes aren't saved with track templates so I was hoping that Ti might come to the rescue.....
This seems like something you could script around, you'd need a script to read out the notes to an external file when saving, and a script to find/read the notes from that external file and apply them to the track when making new tracks from your template.
sockmonkey72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 02:55 AM   #2775
mozart999uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockmonkey72 View Post
This seems like something you could script around, you'd need a script to read out the notes to an external file when saving, and a script to find/read the notes from that external file and apply them to the track when making new tracks from your template.

That would be beyond me at my current level of scripting unfortunately....But I'll see if I can find someone to help :-)

I know HEDA had some problems with the notepad in TI, I think due to a change Cockos had made. I'm hoping there might be a solution on the horizon :-)
Old 01-11-2022, 03:46 AM   #2776
heda

yes I need to rewrite the notepad. two things to do: first to make a text editor because I cannot use the item note editor now, and another to save the data inside the track data so it is saved in the track templates.

what kind of notes do you want to add? simple short texts? Maybe linking to a external file in project directory would allow to open a rtf file with colors and text format etc...and that would solve the text editing, but you would only see the notes by opening the text in the system application editor. not integrated in TI
Old 01-12-2022, 03:20 AM   #2777
mozart999uk

Quote:
yes I need to rewrite the notepad. two things to do: first to make a text editor because I cannot use the item note editor now, and another to save the data inside the track data so it is saved in the track templates.

what kind of notes do you want to add? simple short texts? Maybe linking to a external file in project directory would allow to open a rtf file with colors and text format etc...and that would solve the text editing, but you would only see the notes by opening the text in the system application editor. not integrated in TI
Just simple text editing for me - integrated in TI.

Cfilion wrote me a script here for a simple text editor that saves with the template

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...postcount=3020

Don't know if that helps?
Old 01-12-2022, 05:01 AM   #2778
heda

Yes I can make Track Inspector read the track notes inside the P_EXT data of the tracks, and you can use that script as the text editor. I cannot integrate that text editor inside Track Inspector because I am not using external UI libraries, just the REAPER functions.
Old 01-12-2022, 05:32 AM   #2779
mozart999uk

Quote:
Yes I can make Track Inspector read the track notes inside the P_EXT data of the tracks, and you can use that script as the text editor. I cannot integrate that text editor inside Track Inspector because I am not using external UI libraries, just the REAPER functions.
Ah I see. I guess that would be a bit weird...would be nice to edit and view within TI but I understand that that's a challenge :-) 👍
Old 01-17-2022, 06:02 AM   #2780
Reflected

"+text" doesn't seem to work for me (nothing happens when I click on it)

+image works though...
Reflected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 09:55 AM   #2781
Reflected

crash:
__DEV__HeDa_Track Inspector 2 VIP.lua:3035: attempt to compare string with number
Old 01-18-2022, 05:32 AM   #2782
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reflected View Post
crash:
__DEV__HeDa_Track Inspector 2 VIP.lua:3035: attempt to compare string with number
thanks... fixing this

I'll be posting an update with notepad fixes today too
Old 01-18-2022, 09:41 AM   #2783
Stroudy

I'm not sure why but I get this...

And here's the path of the FX Chain I'm using...

/Users/USER/Library/Application Support/REAPER/Scripts/HeDaScripts/Track Inspector 2 VIP/FX Chains/Track Inspector Monitor FX dpmeter5.RfxChain

I'm not sure why I'm still getting the error

Last edited by Stroudy; 01-18-2022 at 09:49 AM.
Stroudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 10:31 AM   #2784
heda

Right click the Meter panel title. In the menu, is the option "Use Cockos Loudness Meter" on? If that is the case, you need to use the "Track Inspector Monitor FX Cockos.RfxChain"
But the message would still be indicating to use the dpmeter5 one which is not good.
Old 01-18-2022, 01:21 PM   #2785
heda

Default v2.2.2 (2022-01-22)

* v2.2.2 (2022-01-22)
# NOTEPAD: fix +text button to add/edit text notes using the new note item editor modal window
+ NOTEPAD: Load/Save Track notepad data in "P_EXT:notes" which is saved in track templates.
+ NOTEPAD: Load/Save Track notepad data in "P_EXT:images" which is saved in track templates.
# SENDS: fix sends name wrap to new line if panel is too narrow
# fix crash: make sure TPMAX_OVER is a number, not a string before saving it to settings. Thanks @Reflected [p=2517156]
# fix do not set auto online FX by default

Fixed the +text button in the notepad panel. It still uses the item notes window as a text editor. It waits for the window to close and then it updates the note of the track and deletes the temporary item used to edit the text.

Notes and images are now stored in P_EXT data of the tracks too, so if you save a track template, they will be saved with it and TI reads them when you insert the templates into the project.

@Reflected:
if the crash still happens, you have to edit your settings file and change the value of TPMAX_OVER to a number instead of a string (strings are indicated between quotes. so it would be just changing it to something like this (-1.3 or the value you need)
["TPMAX_OVER"]=-1.3,
instead of
["TPMAX_OVER"]="-1.3",
then restart TI and it should be ok.
Old 01-18-2022, 02:00 PM   #2786
Reflected

Quote:
* v2.2.2 (2022-01-22)
# NOTEPAD: fix +text button to add/edit text notes using the new note item editor modal window
+ NOTEPAD: Load/Save Track notepad data in "P_EXT:notes" which is saved in track templates.
+ NOTEPAD: Load/Save Track notepad data in "P_EXT:images" which is saved in track templates.
# fix crash: make sure TPMAX_OVER is a number, not a string before saving it to settings. Thanks @Reflected [p=2517156]

Fixed the +text button in the notepad panel. It still uses the item notes window as a text editor. It waits for the window to close and then it updates the note of the track and deletes the temporary item used to edit the text.

Notes and images are now stored in P_EXT data of the tracks too, so if you save a track template, they will be saved with it and TI reads them when you insert the templates into the project.

@Reflected:
if the crash still happens, you have to edit your settings file and change the value of TPMAX_OVER to a number instead of a string (strings are indicated between quotes. so it would be just changing it to something like this (-1.3 or the value you need)
["TPMAX_OVER"]=-1.3,
instead of
["TPMAX_OVER"]="-1.3",

seems to be good now
Thanks a lot!

Btw, if it's not too tricky, I have an idea for general improvement:

when ticking options from a drop down list ("ticking"), it is always feel great if there is away to keep the drop down list open to make multiple ticks without closing and opening of the drop down menu every tick.

From my experience with other software, Right mouse click is a good way to tick options from a drop down list without closing it (unlike left click that tick and close the list).
Old 01-18-2022, 02:15 PM   #2787
Reflected

is it possible to enable Notepad for the master track too?

btw when I write in Hebrew, the (saved) sentences show up in reverse mode inside the inspector
is there a way to fix this? (if it's too tricky, don't bother)

Last edited by Reflected; 01-18-2022 at 02:32 PM.
Old 01-19-2022, 02:37 AM   #2788
heda

wow I have no idea why it would do that. For me it is even worse, I pasted something in Hebrew and it only displays squares... like a font issue.

I am considering adding notepad for master track too.
Old 01-19-2022, 02:52 AM   #2789
mozart999uk

Quote:
* v2.2.2 (2022-01-22)

@Reflected:
["TPMAX_OVER"]=-1.3,
instead of
["TPMAX_OVER"]="-1.3",
Awesome work. Thanks @:-) Can I check something? On my system, when you click the "+text" button, the item notes window that pops up isn't in focus so you have to click in it to be able to type.Is that correct?
Old 01-19-2022, 03:21 AM   #2790
UknownSource

that is awesome script
thanks
Old 01-19-2022, 03:23 AM   #2791
Reflected

Quote:
wow I have no idea why it would do that. For me it is even worse, I pasted something in Hebrew and it only displays squares... like a font issue.
Forget about it, I will write in English.
Thanks for checking

Quote:
I am considering adding notepad for master track too.
that's great
thanks!
Old 01-19-2022, 04:19 AM   #2792
Stroudy

If using @200 type images (i.e. I load the "Default 6.0 - 200" theme) the Track Inspector 2 VIP reverts back to normal @100 images if I save the theme.

I figured out that if I place the "Default 6.0 - 200" folder in the Setting folder and rename it to my theme file name, it will use the @200 images. But obviously, this isn't intuitive.

Perhaps this could be improved or made clearer?
Stroudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 08:45 AM   #2793
Reflected

bug?
there are 2 vertical gray lines through the whole inspector when selecting the master track with these settings ("show peaks" on/off seem to change this)

Old 01-24-2022, 05:33 AM   #2794
heda

@Reflected,
This can happen if you don't have the plugins in the monitorfx chain. Did you load the fx chain in the monitor fx chain? A message in REAPER console should also appear explaining it.
Old 01-24-2022, 06:12 AM   #2795
mozart999uk

Quote:
Awesome work. Thanks @:-) Can I check something? On my system, when you click the "+text" button, the item notes window that pops up isn't in focus so you have to click in it to be able to type.Is that correct?
Hi Heda. Do you have any thoughts on this?
Old 01-24-2022, 06:44 AM   #2796
HighVoltage

Quote:

mmm maybe it is the special tags causing this. I should disable special tags processing if showing the archived tracks.
I have found the culprit meanwhile.
This only happens if i have the autotag all tracks switch enabled.

1. Enable autotag tracks
2. Click show archived tracks
3. Click on an archived track

(it works the other way around too, if you enable the autotag all tracks button while the archived tracks are open)
HighVoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 08:31 AM   #2797
heda

Sorry...
both should be fixed now

* v2.2.3 (2022-01-24)
# fix focus on notepad text edit. Thanks @mozart999uk
# fix do not autotag when showing archived tracks. Thanks @HighVoltage
Old 01-24-2022, 08:44 AM   #2798
mozart999uk

Quote:
Sorry...
both should be fixed now

* v2.2.3 (2022-01-24)
# fix focus on notepad text edit. Thanks @mozart999uk
# fix do not autotag when showing archived tracks. Thanks @HighVoltage
Wow you're quick! Thanks :-)
Old 01-24-2022, 12:30 PM   #2799
Reflected

Quote:
@Reflected,
This can happen if you don't have the plugins in the monitorfx chain. Did you load the fx chain in the monitor fx chain? A message in REAPER console should also appear explaining it.
Ohh missed it! thanks

why is the LUFS meter is stuck at -1.0 LUFS ?
Old 03-02-2022, 12:25 AM   #2800
barbaroja

Updated to new V2. Asesome work, Heda.

I have not been able to adjust the visibility of the panels/sections. I do not use them all, it was wasy to remove what needed in 1.x, just opening options.

Am I missing something?

Edit: Found it at the top, not in options. I did not found a way to arrange them in a different order, tho.

Last edited by barbaroja; 03-02-2022 at 12:40 AM.
barbaroja is offline   Reply With Quote