Old 01-21-2022, 06:55 AM   #1
Loulou92
Human being with feelings

Default Folder Lock function

Hello

I would like an option to lock a folder (the parent and its children).

As soon as a folder is locked, it's treated as ONE track, one BLOCK, and so the user can't drag anything into it via tcp/mcp drag'n'drops. If the user drags another track over an opened-but-locked-folder, Reaper gives only the option to position the track above the locked folder or below the locked folder.

To be clear : a locked folder can still be moved up and down in the tcp. What I mean by locking is that you can't add new track in it, or remove tracks from it. To do so you'd have to first unlock the locked folder.

So I'd like to request two actions to implment this new awesome safety function :

-> lock folder of selected parent track(s)
-> unlock folder of selected parent track(s)

And that's it.

Thanks for reading !

Last edited by Loulou92; 01-21-2022 at 07:04 AM.
Loulou92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 08:10 AM   #2
daeavelwyn

Quote:
To be clear : a locked folder can still be moved up and down in the tcp. What I mean by locking is that you can't add new track in it, or remove tracks from it. To do so you'd have to first unlock the locked folder.
YES ! I just spent half an hour figuring why the hell my stem export gives me some weird result...because I accidentally moved a track into a folder, changing my routing....

Please provide a lock folder mechanism has we can't accidentaly add a track into a folder or even a folder into a folder.

This problem comes from ages if I refer to this post from 2014: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=146294

I guess this have to be carefully considered and matured but it would be less stressfull while exporting to get it
daeavelwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2024, 08:24 AM   #3
foxAsteria

Wow, ten years?!

What we do have now is prefs/editing behavior/mouse/reordering tracks via mouse drag that we can set to only when holding shift or some others.

Still a problem though, since you can still drag them back out of folders easily.
Old 02-23-2024, 08:26 AM   #4
daeavelwyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Still a problem though, since you can still drag them back out of folders easily.
Yes, it's a really annoying behaviour... :-(
daeavelwyn is offline   Reply With Quote