Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 12-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #161
jico27
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by jico27 View Post
Hi,

Wanted to try this exceptional project but had this dll problem with PT v.1.0.0 mentioned above (#13) when using Reaper.
So i uninstalled this version & tried v.1.0.1 but can't install it. I now have a 'runtime error (at 14:170): Could not call proc' message.
I'm using W7 and also have the Mic Vis C++ 2013 installed.
Hi,

Is there a newer 32bit version for the installer, which doesn't generates error messages during the installation process ?

Regards
jico27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 06:23 PM   #162
helgoboss

Released Playtime 1.1.0 including Mac OS X support.

Changes:
#14 Added support for Mac OS X
#42 Improved Windows installer intelligence
#46 Fixed lost recordings
#44 Fixed installer problems on 32-bit Windows systems
#57 Fixed display of unnamed tracks
helgoboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 06:57 AM   #163
mikolo

Im having touble installing this on Vista.It repeatedly pops up with an error message during installation which says:
"Runtime Error (at 14:170):
Could not call proc."
I can see the download says its for windows XP,7 & 8 but was wondering if anyone else has had any success or any sugestion.
Thanks
mikolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 07:14 AM   #164
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by nym View Post
cool, that's better than what i'd suggested (flashing during playback). i'm assuming that you'll have active/playing cells light up as a different color?
Yes, exactly. Different velocities create different colors (at least on Launchpad and Orbit).
Old 12-06-2014, 07:15 AM   #165
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jico27 View Post
Hi,

Is there a newer 32bit version for the installer, which doesn't generates error messages during the installation process ?

Regards
This should be fixed in 1.1.0. At least on Windows XP the errors are gone. Please let me know if it still doesn't work. Thx.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:19 AM   #166
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikolo View Post
Im having touble installing this on Vista.It repeatedly pops up with an error message during installation which says:
"Runtime Error (at 14:170):
Could not call proc."
I can see the download says its for windows XP,7 & 8 but was wondering if anyone else has had any success or any sugestion.
Thanks
I didn't test on Vista. Other users reported that installation is still possible if you just always press okay when the error messages appear. Did you try the latest 1.1.0 installer? I made some fixes that removed this kind of error at least on Windows XP.

If it works on Vista, please let me know.
Old 12-06-2014, 08:03 AM   #167
mikolo

Good news! Ive just downloaded the latest version and installed without a hitch.

Thanks!
This looks really good.
mikolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:52 AM   #168
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
A have a few suggestions from Mobius (a few which may already be possible).

1) This is by FAR the biggest. I don't want to have to decide a tempo before hand. I want to be able to record the first midi or audio clip "freely", then have Playtime treat that as the main loop length, assuming 4, 8 or 16 bars, and then change the Reaper project tempo to match (whatever makes sense mathematically, Reapers detect tempo often returns nonsense like 16 BPM when 64 or 128 BPM is correct).

That way I can get the main idea, and after the project tempo is set based on that, other audio/midi loops can be imported and timed correctly.
That sounds very useful to me. One major challenge I see here is that the recorded loop has to be cut (start and end) very precisely so the detected tempo makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fladd View Post
Tried it yesterday. I like the idea! However, it seemed to work quite differently to how I remembered Live (version 4) to work. The workflow is not the same, unfortunately, which probably makes sense, since it is a plugin and not natively integrated. It might be good for when you are planning a Live session, but for what I used Live for (jamming and trying out stuff) it isn't that intuitive and not "fast" enough (i.e. needs a lot of setting up, planning, etc.).
I'm planning to provide a project template that get's one started very quickly, tracks already set up. Other than that, can you describe the workflow problems you see? Playtime is in active development, so its future is still shaping. You might be surprised what can be done with just a plugin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh View Post
-Automatically detect the most probable subdivision for the loop length, instead of assuming everything is in 4/4, for some polyrhythmic goodness.
Do you mean after recording, depending on when the recording is started and stopped or the actual musical content?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunaj View Post
trying the demo out now. is it possible to record items as midi and not on track as audio? if that makes any sense
Sure. Just do it the REAPER way and select MIDI as recording input for that track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCY View Post
Sometimes it just forgets to take the items directly into the slot after recording... but that must be also me only.
It's not only you That was a bug which is fixed now in Playtime 1.1.0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCY View Post
Bought it.
It would be great to be able to remotely record active slot and also fill withselected item. I cant mangage to create several triggers for every single slot... i just have a 4x4 padcontroller.
When I create first item with temporecognition and automatic cut (own script) it is not possible to load the cutted item, because the length changes to original lenght before cutting. Would be nice, if item was looped like it is displayed in the arrangement.
#68, #35, #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taika-Kim View Post
I have MIDI clips that I am triggering with a Quneo. However, the trigger notes are being sent forward all the time, so for example if I have note G-3 triggering a clip, when I press the correspondind pad on the Quneo, the MIDI pattern plays with a continuous note G3 overlaid all the time.
There could be several reasons:

- Reason 1: Maybe your Playtime track not only contains Playtime VST but also another synth. This kind of setup is not intended. Just remove the synth.
- Reason 2: Maybe you have another track which has set QuNeo as MIDI input as well? In that case, just choose another MIDI input device for it (or another MIDI channel) ... it's all about routing.

Quote:
Is a completely "super exclusive" mode out of question, so that only one loop would play at a time?

I am using a Quneo to trigger MIDI clips, but now I need to stop the playing every time I trigger a clip from another group... Otherwise like this with immediate switching of loops it would be possible to create really fluid leadlines, especially with an arpeggiator behind, that can change the rhythms too...
Nice idea. Haven't thought of this. #69

Quote:
Also if it could be somehow to build in support for controllers like the Quneo, it would be very very useful, now I can't see what patterns are playing. I think somebody already explained here how it could be made.
Did you try the things described in section "Visual feedback with Launchpad and Co." of the user guide? I don't know the QuNeo but chances are it's working similar to Novation Launchpad. If yes, setting the MIDI hardware output of the Playtime track to your QuNeo should do it.
Old 12-07-2014, 09:49 AM   #169
Michael_DK

Default Can't find track template?

Installed it to test it - but Reaper can't find the track template.
Tried reinstalling twice.

I'm on a mac. I wonder if this is because my user folder is on another drive? (i.e. not system drive)
Michael_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:04 AM   #170
plamuk

Quote:
Did you try the things described in section "Visual feedback with Launchpad and Co." of the user guide? I don't know the QuNeo but chances are it's working similar to Novation Launchpad. If yes, setting the MIDI hardware output of the Playtime track to your QuNeo should do it.
launchpads LED control == midi created when pressing the buttons.

quneo uses a different, more complex method of controlling LEDs depending on what mode the device is in.

see page 33 and 34 of http://files.keithmcmillen.com/downl...Manual_1.1.pdf

this is where end users are going to have to be expected to do some work on their side via bidule or JS...it's not worth your time or money to buy every midi controller with LEDs in existence and code it into Playtime. better to spend your time on the direct functionality in my opinion. and i say that as a quneo user myself.
plamuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:43 AM   #171
EpicSounds

Quote:
launchpads LED control == midi created when pressing the buttons.

quneo uses a different, more complex method of controlling LEDs
Everything about the QuNeo is more complex amirite?

Did you set up a custom mapping for QuNeo and Playtime? I'm using Preset 9 "Ableton Live Clip Launching". Using the pad corners to launch clips and scenes.
Old 12-07-2014, 12:26 PM   #172
plamuk

nah i use the quneo exclusively for drums, transport control and control changes. i use a mode in my custom launchpad setup for playtime. it replaced the MPC1000 in my studio configuration when i switched from a hardware sequencer to REAPER's arrange/midi sequencer.

i think there's a quneo launchpad emulator. that may well be what you're referring to.

and yes, everything is more complex with quneo...unfortunately, due to the different LED triggering methods, it needs to be. i really wish the quneo editor was better. it's like building a ship in a bottle.

quneo is one of those terrific platforms that didn't blow up as much as it needed to in order to get the development it shouldve
Old 12-07-2014, 04:38 PM   #173
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_DK View Post
Installed it to test it - but Reaper can't find the track template.
Tried reinstalling twice.

I'm on a mac. I wonder if this is because my user folder is on another drive? (i.e. not system drive)
Where is you REAPER settings folder? The Mac installer expects it at "/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/REAPER" and puts the file "Playtime.RTrackTemplate" into its sub folder "TrackTemplates".
Old 12-07-2014, 10:16 PM   #174
Seventh

Quote:
Originally Posted by helgoboss View Post
Quote:
-Automatically detect the most probable subdivision for the loop length, instead of assuming everything is in 4/4, for some polyrhythmic goodness.
Do you mean after recording, depending on when the recording is started and stopped or the actual musical content?
First one. I'd like to use the hold pedal to toggle recording on and off for the selected cell to quickly create layers of sounds that would play in time, no matter if I suddenly feel inspired to put some 7/8 stuff in there.

So yeah, instead of having everything snap to whole note grid, it would be more useful if it also recognized subdivisions for recorded items, and stretched them accordingly to the closest probable length.

Last edited by Seventh; 12-07-2014 at 10:26 PM.
Seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 11:38 PM   #175
Michael_DK

Quote:
Where is you REAPER settings folder? The Mac installer expects it at "/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/REAPER" and puts the file "Playtime.RTrackTemplate" into its sub folder "TrackTemplates".
Yeah, it wasn't there.

I logged into my other account which IS on the system drive, and it installed the template with no problem. I copied that to my "normal" account's tracktemplates library and now it works.
Michael_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:01 AM   #176
Thurston

Someone posted a video using Playtime with Lemur for Android:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwy0kPwCPX0
Thurston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 08:32 AM   #177
sonnie

Easy install without issues here on 10.9 and 10.10.
sonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 09:56 AM   #178
memyselfandus

For me the whole benefit of the Ableton type version is to be able to record or mouse in notes inside your clips and then trigger them after. The clips are a totally separate area where you can compose little parts. And then put them together later. This seems to be all on the main timeline and not inside cells that can be drag and dropped and or recorded into the project after?
memyselfandus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 12:19 PM   #179
memyselfandus

If we could have a separate workspace where we can punch in and record different ideas and then drag and drop them into the main project later on.. That would allow me to work only in Reaper.

Either way.. This is super awesome to have in Reaper! Thanks for all the hard work. I will buy a copy soon.
memyselfandus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #180
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston View Post
Someone posted a video using Playtime with Lemur for Android:

Maybe he?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundsByJB View Post
Gave Playtime it a spin together with the just released Lemur for Android. Quickly modified a Lemur preset to match Playtime and seems to work great!!

Cheers!
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2014, 04:56 PM   #181
helgoboss

Small intermediate release Playtime 1.2.0.

Changes
#35 Added mappable global slot record button
#64 Added forwarding of keyboard shortcuts to REAPER for better integration
#71 Fixed crash when retriggering MIDI clip that is open in MIDI editor

Thanks to Vladimir for reporting the crash.
Old 12-08-2014, 05:09 PM   #182
helgoboss

Quote:
First one. I'd like to use the hold pedal to toggle recording on and off for the selected cell to quickly create layers of sounds that would play in time, no matter if I suddenly feel inspired to put some 7/8 stuff in there.

So yeah, instead of having everything snap to whole note grid, it would be more useful if it also recognized subdivisions for recorded items, and stretched them accordingly to the closest probable length.
The Trigger and Untrigger Mode also applies to recording. You can set these to "Next Beat" instead of "Next Measure" (for all slots or just particular ones). If you do that and record a slot, the recording is cut on the closest beat instead of the closest measure. With that you could achieve crazy 7/8 stuff Playtime doesn't look at the musical content of the clips though. It just recognizes the points in time at which you started and stopped recording.

Release 1.2.0 should enable you to do the thing with the hold pedal.
Old 12-08-2014, 06:01 PM   #183
PitchSlap

Quote:

Interested to see what else is in 1.2, and hope eventually to see some of my suggestions from post #136 based on the Mobius and Echoplex loopers considered.

I'm looking into getting a used Launchpad or other dedicated controller to take best advantage of Playtime.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:02 PM   #184
Seventh

Quote:
The Trigger and Untrigger Mode also applies to recording. You can set these to "Next Beat" instead of "Next Measure" (for all slots or just particular ones). If you do that and record a slot, the recording is cut on the closest beat instead of the closest measure.
Ahh ok, I missed the purpose of the trigger modes

Quote:
With that you could achieve crazy 7/8 stuff Playtime doesn't look at the musical content of the clips though. It just recognizes the points in time at which you started and stopped recording.

I gave the new version a try. A couple of observations:
- Playtime needs separate settings for triggering and recording modes. Maybe separate settings for different instruments/columns too.
- Using "immediate" recording toggle, the recorded items don't sync up with the grid. Could Playtime offer an option to automatically stretch them to the correct length?
- Looped items tend to have clicks in them. This is a "feature" of Reaper, as you can't set fades for loop seams, but could Playtime offer an option to render a certain amount of fade in/fade out into the recorded item?
- Could use an option in the preferences to map the global record cc, instead of having to go to the track's envelope window
- Got a crash in the end, can't remember how to replicate though. :P
Old 12-08-2014, 07:50 PM   #185
Jed

Quote:
Small intermediate release Playtime 1.2.0.

Changes
#35 Added mappable global slot record button
Ben could you please explain how this works? I cant see a global button to map to! (V1.2.0)

Thanks
Jed

EDIT: Found it in the list of automatable parameters for the VST. However when recording into a slot using it, the resulting clip should automatically appear in the slot once the recording is complete (as per Live) and then start playing.

Small steps!

Cheers
Jed

Last edited by Jed; 12-09-2014 at 12:10 AM.
Jed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 06:59 PM   #186
EpicSounds

Made a video, basic overview and demo
http://reaperblog.net/2014/12/video-...e-plugin-demo/
Old 12-10-2014, 10:52 AM   #187
Melvin J.

Looking good! Thanks for the video.
Old 12-10-2014, 12:51 PM   #188
mehmethan

Hi, I need help. I'm trying to trigger audio loops and samples with using next beat trigger mode but I always get clicks between samples and false sync. What am I doing wrong?
Edit :
Solved... It is not related with playtime. It's about bad drivers's of focusrite scarlet soundcard. I changed the soundcard with motu 828mkIII with same latency settings and there we go.. no problem.

Last edited by mehmethan; 12-11-2014 at 04:57 PM.
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 04:33 AM   #189
Taika-Kim

It seems that Playtime doesn't take changing tempo into account?

Only when I started adding audio loops I noticed this...

I am building a live set based on several instances of Playtime a lot now, and this is a big problem, since different tunes have different tempo.

I see that it might be unpractical to have this realtime, but how about even a "calibrate" button that would calculate all playback rate values again for the loops?

Please consider this question!

Also I can report that now the 32 bit Win7 installer works without the error messages.

Last edited by Taika-Kim; 12-13-2014 at 07:31 AM.
Taika-Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 04:43 AM   #190
Taika-Kim

Also, the preset handling is bugged somehow.

Once all my loops (I had 48 MIDI loops in the only instance) were randomly placed for all pads. I mean, literally.

Now a strangest thing happened: after adding another instance of Playtime and saving a few times, the MIDI loops in the original instance were mirrored 1:1. So the last loops was now in the first pad, and the first in the last, and so on for all the loops.

I had saved the original preset, but now that I load it, a few of the slots are empty, altough all the files are in place on my memory stick where the project runs from.
Old 12-14-2014, 05:05 AM   #191
mehmethan

Hi, I'm using Playtime with Launchpad. When I put a clip on Playtime, Launchpad responds with only red color to show that there is a clip on that pad. I wonder if there is a way to use different colors for different pads on launchpad.
Old 12-14-2014, 10:15 AM   #192
plamuk

^ adjust the velocity output of the midi notes being routed back to the launchpad.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:38 PM   #193
mehmethan

Quote:
^ adjust the velocity output of the midi notes being routed back to the launchpad.
I know the velocity thing but :

How can I do that ? By default Playtime generates note on messages which has velocity of 1 to the midi out.That lights a red color on corresponding pad. So I think after Playtime I have to insert a midi plugin to change that velocity.

I think I need a plugin that changes a note's velocity value to a user defined velocity value.

example:
if the velocity of C1 is 1 than then change the velocity of C1 to 100
if the velocity of D2 is 1 than then change the velocity of D2 to 70

Am I wrong ? Could you help me on that ?

Last edited by mehmethan; 12-14-2014 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-14-2014, 02:47 PM   #194
plamuk

try multiple instances of JS - velocity control after Playtime instances.

here's a handy list of values:

Old 12-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #195
mehmethan

I got it and it works thanks.
But in my situation, I use 2 launchpads which makes 128 pads and 128 velocity control JS.
I just want to make some steady color patterns on launchpad which will make my life easier when playing live.It's really hard to memorize pads for me. Please check my videos on my signature and you'll get it.

Thanks again
Old 12-14-2014, 04:36 PM   #196
helgoboss

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchSlap View Post
Interested to see what else is in 1.2, and hope eventually to see some of my suggestions from post #136 based on the Mobius and Echoplex loopers considered.
On Playtime's website you can find the changelog and roadmap for Playtime (at the very bottom).

Quote:
- Using "immediate" recording toggle, the recorded items don't sync up with the grid. Could Playtime offer an option to automatically stretch them to the correct length?
This is intended. "Immediately" means there's no alignment. If you want alignment, choose "Next Beat" or "Next Measure". Or are you talking about something inbetween? An exact description of what you want to achieve would be useful.

Quote:
- Looped items tend to have clicks in them. This is a "feature" of Reaper, as you can't set fades for loop seams, but could Playtime offer an option to render a certain amount of fade in/fade out into the recorded item?
This can happen if you record audio and suddenly stop recording while you still have an input signal. How would you do adjust the loop in REAPER itself to make it seemless, without clicks? I guess I would record a little bit more than necessary at the beginning and the end of the loop and then somehow make a crossfade between the end and the beginning and take the result as the loop.

Quote:
- Could use an option in the preferences to map the global record cc, instead of having to go to the track's envelope window
I'd like to leave the things which can be easily done in REAPER to REAPER. I still need to document it though.

Quote:
- Got a crash in the end, can't remember how to replicate though. :P
Any chance you can still gather the fault module and offset as described here in section "Post error/crash messages!"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed View Post
EDIT: Found it in the list of automatable parameters for the VST. However when recording into a slot using it, the resulting clip should automatically appear in the slot once the recording is complete (as per Live) and then start playing.
The recording should automatically appear in the slot after stopping recording using automation "Record Active Slot". If not, it might be a bug. Doesn't it appear in your case? The "then start playing" part is another feature ticket (#2 Play clip as soon as recorded). See roadmap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
Made a video, basic overview and demo
http://reaperblog.net/2014/12/video-...e-plugin-demo/
Amazing! Thanks!

Quote:
It seems that Playtime doesn't take changing tempo into account?

Only when I started adding audio loops I noticed this...

I am building a live set based on several instances of Playtime a lot now, and this is a big problem, since different tunes have different tempo.

I see that it might be unpractical to have this realtime, but how about even a "calibrate" button that would calculate all playback rate values again for the loops?
Thanks for spotting this. I hope to look into this soon. Ticket is here.

Quote:
Also, the preset handling is bugged somehow.

Once all my loops (I had 48 MIDI loops in the only instance) were randomly placed for all pads. I mean, literally.

Now a strangest thing happened: after adding another instance of Playtime and saving a few times, the MIDI loops in the original instance were mirrored 1:1. So the last loops was now in the first pad, and the first in the last, and so on for all the loops.

I had saved the original preset, but now that I load it, a few of the slots are empty, altough all the files are in place on my memory stick where the project runs from.
Are you talking about "presets" as in REAPER's FX presets?:

If yes, this is not officially supported by now. It might work by some extent.

Also, if you have several instances of Playtime running in the same project, try not to let them make use of the same items and it should be fine. Items should not disappear then. If you let them share items, it can happen. Note that "not sharing" items doesn't mean you cannot make use of the same audio/MIDI content. You actually can, using standard REAPER features (just duplicate the item, for MIDI you need to look into "pooled MIDI items")

I plan to add an option in future that copies the item when filled into a slot instead of moving it. That should make it much harder to actually share items between several instances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehmethan View Post
Hi, I'm using Playtime with Launchpad. When I put a clip on Playtime, Launchpad responds with only red color to show that there is a clip on that pad. I wonder if there is a way to use different colors for different pads on launchpad.
There's no built-in way to do that. nym's suggestion should work. In future, I maybe will add limited support for this because it would also help to make Playtime compatible with Launchpad-similar controllers that just have different lights on different velocities (like the Akai APC40 for example).
Attached Images
File Type: png 2014-12-15 00_13_43-FX_ Track 2 _Playtime_.png (1.6 KB, 1483 views)
Old 12-14-2014, 04:57 PM   #197
plamuk

Quote:
This can happen if you record audio and suddenly stop recording while you still have an input signal. How would you do adjust the loop in REAPER itself to make it seemless, without clicks? I guess I would record a little bit more than necessary at the beginning and the end of the loop and then somehow make a crossfade between the end and the beginning and take the result as the loop.
in REAPER, i usually record more than necessary at the end rather than the beginning. this way it lines up better on REAPER's timeline grid and items are easier to move.

we're talking about a couple MS here just to avoid the click. otherwise you start to potentially lose the transient on the new instance of the file.

mehmethan, you're very quickly going to outgrow REAPER's native midi handling. you should look into Bidule. i use it to stitch multiple controllers into 1 coherent system. follow this thread for a starter. http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=132383
Old 12-15-2014, 06:23 AM   #198
Taika-Kim

Preset problems:
Yes I was talking about Reaper's internal preset management... But this has to be made 100% funcional, since isn't it basically the same thing as correctly saving/loading tunes with Playtime correctly? Or do they use a different system for managing plugin data? Since I also recall that once it happpened that a project had mixed up data for Playtime when I loaded it.. But now can't reacall for sure.

How about determining an item's playback speed only at the time it's triggered instead of when it's imported? Shouldn't this work to keep the items in sync with tempo?

Also, when importing some breakbeats, some of them were imported at 50% the intended value, altough they were from the same set of beats. I don't know though, how could this made more intelligent since Playtime can't know how many beats long the loop is meant to be originally. How is this determined now?
Old 12-15-2014, 03:15 PM   #199
helgoboss

Quote:
Preset problems:
Yes I was talking about Reaper's internal preset management... But this has to be made 100% funcional, since isn't it basically the same thing as correctly saving/loading tunes with Playtime correctly? Or do they use a different system for managing plugin data? Since I also recall that once it happpened that a project had mixed up data for Playtime when I loaded it.. But now can't reacall for sure.
You're right, it's basically the same mechanism as saving/loading REAPER projects. The number of cases that Playtime needs to handle is different though. If you change a preset, it can happen that the items referenced in that preset don't exist anymore because the project has changed since the preset was last modified. That kind of thing can't happen if you just save and load the REAPER project. I haven't experienced mixed up data on project load yet but I will have an eye on it. Please let me know if it occurs. A sample project would help in that case.

Quote:
How about determining an item's playback speed only at the time it's triggered instead of when it's imported? Shouldn't this work to keep the items in sync with tempo?
That might do it. I added your idea as issue comment.

Quote:
Also, when importing some breakbeats, some of them were imported at 50% the intended value, altough they were from the same set of beats. I don't know though, how could this made more intelligent since Playtime can't know how many beats long the loop is meant to be originally. How is this determined now?
Currently, it uses REAPER's native logic to determine the playrate.
Old 12-16-2014, 10:33 AM   #200
mehmethan

Hi Helgoboss,
Today I had a major problem with Playtime. All my 6 hours of work dissappeared... I started a project using playtime. (4 Playtime on different tracks & 2 launchpads). Everthing was going normal. I was using playtime to trigger audio loops & samples and I was creating my live setup. I think 2-3 hours later playtime started to forget clips .I inserted items to playtime again but later playtime forgets the items. I saved project and started reaper again. Still same problem.I reinstalled playtime I configured again. No way... Every sample & and loop I've used are in the project directory. There is a big problem there. I also tried to save my setup as preset. But It still cannot find the items later.

Could you please help me ? (win 8.1 reaper 4.75 playtime 1.2- if it is neccessary I can send you my reaper project,too)