Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 09-23-2020, 11:07 AM   #1
Uncovered Pitch
Human being with feelings

Default Developer/Release versions overlap table?

New to this part of the forum so maybe this has been discussed elsewhere but I'm trying to find out which new features of the 6.14 release are already part of the last dev build.

And do all the features in the last dev build before release usually re-appear in the first dev build post-release?

It would be great if there was some sort of comparison table the likes of which you see on SaaS pricing tables, i.e. the Gold version includes everything in the Silver version plus features x, y and z.

I'm sure this kind of table is available to the "inner circle" but maybe it could be released to interested parties outside of it? Thanks!

P.S. In my particular case I'm interested in using 6.14 plus the PDC chain feature from the dev build.
Uncovered Pitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:23 PM   #2
planetnine

Usually, the Dev version is the last main release plus the previous dev version plus the latest change log.

Not always the case, but then any regression tends to be announced at the time.

>
Old 09-23-2020, 03:45 PM   #3
Meo-Ada Mespotine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncovered Pitch View Post
New to this part of the forum so maybe this has been discussed elsewhere but I'm trying to find out which new features of the 6.14 release are already part of the last dev build.

And do all the features in the last dev build before release usually re-appear in the first dev build post-release?

It would be great if there was some sort of comparison table the likes of which you see on SaaS pricing tables, i.e. the Gold version includes everything in the Silver version plus features x, y and z.

I'm sure this kind of table is available to the "inner circle" but maybe it could be released to interested parties outside of it? Thanks!

P.S. In my particular case I'm interested in using 6.14 plus the PDC chain feature from the dev build.
Wait for the next dev version, it'll do it.

Edit: this one https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=242607

On vacation for the time being...
Meo-Ada Mespotine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 06:32 PM   #4
Uncovered Pitch

Thanks for the replies. As luck would have it, the latest dev build was announced hours after I posted my question.

It's good to know that the "old" dev features are carried over and any regressions are usually announced. I haven't been able to figure out though what the difference is between the plus/green and hashtag/blue items. Both contain fixes so an explanation would be welcome. Thanks!
Old 09-24-2020, 11:38 PM   #5
Tale

I think the hashtag items are usually left out of the final changelog.
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 01:27 PM   #6
Uncovered Pitch

Ok thanks so it looks like the plus/green items have been added to the current dev version and the hashtag/blue ones are being worked on for inclusion in the next dev version.

This helps me understand the process but I still think an overall table or list of all the differences between the latest release and the latest dev version would be cool. Especially for someone who hasn't been following the pre-release threads for years!