Old 05-22-2019, 10:05 AM   #1
Tobbe
Human being with feelings

Default Keyzone Classic 16/32 Out

Hi,

Why does Keyzone Classic have so many outputs as a piano? What's the benifit? I have other pianos, they have only two (Salamander Grand Piano via SForzando)

Shine a light to a novice

Last edited by Tobbe; 06-02-2019 at 09:53 AM. Reason: [Answered and solved]
Tobbe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:45 AM   #2
xpander

Personally I can't see any reason for that high number of outputs available here. It would make sense when you want to process e.g. pieces of a drum kit separately or have a multitimbral instrument with several different patches routed to different outputs.

But here you only seem to get a single instance of a keyboard instrument which will output to two channels and you cannot assign different patches to different outputs? Makes me wonder if the dev had all these outputs available by default in whatever sample engine they are using and just forgot to hide the unnecessary ones?
xpander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2019, 09:52 AM   #3
Tobbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
Personally I can't see any reason for that high number of outputs available here. It would make sense when you want to process e.g. pieces of a drum kit separately or have a multitimbral instrument with several different patches routed to different outputs.

But here you only seem to get a single instance of a keyboard instrument which will output to two channels and you cannot assign different patches to different outputs? Makes me wonder if the dev had all these outputs available by default in whatever sample engine they are using and just forgot to hide the unnecessary ones?
Thanks for clarifying.
Old 06-02-2019, 01:27 PM   #4
Jeffsounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbe View Post
Hi,

Why does Keyzone Classic have so many outputs as a piano? What's the benifit? I have other pianos, they have only two (Salamander Grand Piano via SForzando)

Shine a light to a novice ]
I don't see much sense in it either but thank you for posting! I had not heard of this piano and I'm downloading.