Old 05-19-2019, 02:37 PM   #1
srdmusic
Human being with feelings

Default ReaMote CPU detection Error

I'm testing Reamote currently and it's so far a fantastic addition to Reaper.

One snag I'm running into is that Reamote 64bit is only able to detect 32 CPU cores on my machine. I have 24 cores and 24 hyperthreaded cores. I have Reaper setup to see all 48 total cores but for some reason Reamote is maxing out at 32 Cores. This must be some sort of hard limit set by Reamote or possibly a bug.

Dev's can you check this out to see out. Having access to 32 cores as apposed to 48 is quite a bit of processing power I'm not able to tap into.

I know that when I check the box in Reaper prefs to automatically detect CPU thread Reaper maxes out at 32. I have to manually type in 48 thread to have access to all those cores. Is this possibly the same problem? I'm not sure if you guys have any test machines that have over 32 cores but I have access to 5 machines here for testing if needed.
srdmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 02:57 PM   #2
Xenakios

As far as I've observed, hyperthreading can't contribute much at all to audio processing. But maybe that isn't the case with all CPUs...
Old 05-19-2019, 04:39 PM   #3
srdmusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenakios View Post
As far as I've observed, hyper-threading can't contribute much at all to audio processing. But maybe that isn't the case with all CPUs...
That does not seem to be the case with my E5 series Xeons. With hyper-threading turned on I am seeing much more stable CPU processing. I do however have to set the thread behavior to 0 - Relaxed in Reaper prefs. If I leave it at 4 -default the CPUs spike fairly quickly.

I looks like ReaMote is actually seeing the virtual cores as regular cores. It's just limiting them to 32 cores. I only have 24 physical cores so if it wasn't seeing the hyper-threaded cores it would only display 24 not 32.
srdmusic is offline   Reply With Quote