Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 10-01-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
Rebell
Human being with feelings

Default "the ASIO sample rate is not supported..."

I'm new to this forum so sorry if this is not the right place to post this question. So, I get this message when I try to open Reaper: "The ASIO sample rate is not supported by one of the USB interfaces! Please check your sync settings in the Control Panel." -> what sync settings?? why wasn't this problem here before? why does my sound card work just fine with other programs? And also, maybe on one try out of 50 Reaper manages to open. I don't get this... Can somebody help me?

Rebell
Rebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:23 PM   #2
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Welcome to the forums!

Does this thread help? http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=35451 If not, do you have some specs (interface, OS etc.)?
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:20 AM   #3
Rebell

It did help! I use Fast Track Pro as well, and windows XP.

Thank you for your help and the welcoming
Old 10-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #4
Rebell

It helped for a while... now the problem is back, every time i open Reaper It works if i open it using the factory defaults, but then i always have to type the path to find my project files.. this can't go on forever.. And - after a while the whole thing crashes anyway

how do i figure out what's wrong?

edit: actually the factory defaults don't even help anymore..it just crashes..

Last edited by Rebell; 10-09-2009 at 10:08 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
jonathonbarton

I'm giving up on my Fast Track Pro - the damn thing never gives me anything *BUT* ASIO errors any more - even after updating to the latest drivers on the M-Audio website and resetting Reaper to default before launching (every time)

So.
What USB Interface should I replace this piece of crap with?
jonathonbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:09 PM   #6
manning1

barton.
an inexpensive usb interface you might try is cakewalk/edirol
ua1g. 99 buks. as always make sure you can return it if it dont play nice with your puter for some reason.
if you find that many interfaces simply wont work and your pulling your hair out...
this is a clue
something is wrong in the way your puter is configged probably
from my experience.
post your config so folks can take a gander.
in as much detail as you can.
manning1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:11 AM   #7
jonathonbarton

Quote:
Originally Posted by manning1 View Post
something is wrong in the way your puter is configged probably
from my experience.
post your config so folks can take a gander.
in as much detail as you can.
I bought the Fast Track Pro on 6/15/09, and it played nicely with my PC until late October or early November, and nothing in the PC changed, so (as an IT System Administrator by day) I don't suspect the PC so much as I suspect the Fast Track Pro:
It worked flawlessly through June and July, then in August it started giving the occasional Sample Rate error - which could be fixed by turning it off, then on again. The error has become more and more common until now, when *nothing* fixes it.

But, for the record:
AMD Phenom 9850 2.5GHz
G.SKILL 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR2 1066
Foxconn A79A-S AMD 790FX ATX Motherboard
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD4850X2 2GB GDDR3 Video Card
HITACHI 1TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
Windows 7 x64 (with x64 drivers for the Fast Track Pro, and Win32 version of Reaper)
jonathonbarton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #8
kindafishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathonbarton View Post
I bought the Fast Track Pro on 6/15/09, and it played nicely with my PC until late October or early November, and nothing in the PC changed, so (as an IT System Administrator by day) I don't suspect the PC so much as I suspect the Fast Track Pro:
It worked flawlessly through June and July, then in August it started giving the occasional Sample Rate error - which could be fixed by turning it off, then on again. The error has become more and more common until now, when *nothing* fixes it.

But, for the record:
AMD Phenom 9850 2.5GHz
G.SKILL 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR2 1066
Foxconn A79A-S AMD 790FX ATX Motherboard
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD4850X2 2GB GDDR3 Video Card
HITACHI 1TB 7200 RPM SATA Hard Drive
Windows 7 x64 (with x64 drivers for the Fast Track Pro, and Win32 version of Reaper)
Warranty. You have had it for six months. Take it back to the store where you bought it and swap it for a new one.

My first FTP went bad on me. It got so that neither my mac or my pc would recognize it. I swapped it at the store where I bought it and the new unit seems okay. They tell me at the store that these are normally great units and that it is pretty rare for them to malfunction.
kindafishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 03:16 PM   #9
__bbb__

Default here the solution asio driver fast track pro

Problema ASIO driver fast track pro risolto:

"You need to be able to us the M-Audio USB ASIO driver. If you go to the Windows Control Panel>Sounds & Audio Devices>Audio Tab and if the Fast Track Pro is the default playback device, change it to your built in sound card.

Then go to the hardware tab, double click the Fast Track Pro, on the properties tab, double click it again under audio devices, place a check in the box "do not map through this device".

Then try choosing the M-Audio ASIO driver. "

http://www.audioforums.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21621
__bbb__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:38 PM   #10
S_Bass

Default Same problem, Windows 7 64

I get the same issue and the instructions provided above don't quite synch up with what I'm looking at in Windows 7 - anyone got any ideas? I can use the fast track pro just fine in any other system the ASIO. Kind of a noob to DAWs and interfaces too, although I'm halfway decent w. computers.
S_Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 11:02 AM   #11
mvrpbrian

Default Windows 7 Fix

S Bass -

I was experiencing the same issue on Win7 - here was the fix for me: (in addition to setting the default playback/recording devices back to internal soundcard)

Control Panel > Sound
Select the 'Recording' tab
Select the Fast Track audio device that you are recording with
Click 'Properties'
Click the 'Listen' tab
Uncheck the box that says 'Listen to this device'
Apply the changes and fire up REAPER

Hope this helps!
mvrpbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 10:43 PM   #12
S_Bass

Default Great!

mvrpbrian - Thanks so much, that worked! Oddly enough, that box was already unchecked - but after I checked and unchecked it, I no longer got the error message.

Sorry I didn't see the response earlier, I was making due with the WaveOut, but this is much better. Thanks again.
S_Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 02:03 PM   #13
mvrpbrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_Bass View Post
mvrpbrian - Thanks so much, that worked! Oddly enough, that box was already unchecked - but after I checked and unchecked it, I no longer got the error message.

Sorry I didn't see the response earlier, I was making due with the WaveOut, but this is much better. Thanks again.
Glad it worked - while the Win7 mixer is better than it used to be, it's still less than intuitive IMO.
mvrpbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:08 AM   #14
fcarpio

Default Another Fix That Works

It seems that the problem with this is that Windows is getting a hold of the ASIO driver, making them unavailble to the DAW. The solution I found was to set the default Recording hardware to the computer's own audio card. But it doesn't stop there, I had to also disable the M-Audio hardware form the audio properties so that Windows doesn't grab them and that did the trick for me. Here is a youtube video of how I got it done:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13KH_vrA5A8

This fix also helps with the grayed out M-Audio Fast Track Pro options, I can now make changes to it. It works like a charm.

Last edited by fcarpio; 02-28-2012 at 08:16 AM.
fcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:17 AM   #15
fcarpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by __bbb__ View Post
Problema ASIO driver fast track pro risolto:

"You need to be able to us the M-Audio USB ASIO driver. If you go to the Windows Control Panel>Sounds & Audio Devices>Audio Tab and if the Fast Track Pro is the default playback device, change it to your built in sound card.

Then go to the hardware tab, double click the Fast Track Pro, on the properties tab, double click it again under audio devices, place a check in the box "do not map through this device".

Then try choosing the M-Audio ASIO driver. "

http://www.audioforums.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=21621
In my case this was not enough, in addition I had to disable the Fast Track Pro so Windows couldn't touch it.
fcarpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:46 AM   #16
mduque

Default Solved

The trick with the control panel and the listen worked for me. I am thankful.
mduque is offline   Reply With Quote