Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER for Linux

Old 07-02-2022, 11:57 PM   #1
Tobbe
Human being with feelings

Default Section on Orchestools plugin doesnt show up

Hi,

Anyone been able to use these vst3 in Reaper. I added them all in my vst3 folder and when I start Reaper I see them flashing by and think,ok, that worked. But No, they dont show up in Fx browser. New scan, same thing. Tried in Ardour no luck. I must be missing something.

https://musictop69.wixsite.com/orche...rchestools-two
Old 07-03-2022, 06:35 AM   #2
fabio77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbe View Post
Hi,

Anyone been able to use these vst3 in Reaper. I added them all in my vst3 folder and when I start Reaper I see them flashing by and think,ok, that worked. But No, they dont show up in Fx browser. New scan, same thing. Tried in Ardour no luck. I must be missing something.

https://musictop69.wixsite.com/orche...rchestools-two
I got it run, a few days ago, but removed it, because of some awkward behaviour (hanging notes).

I think only the PERCUSSION worked out of the box. For the rest I think I had to copy the "OT STRINGS.so" file (for example) directly into my vst3 folder and then rescan. But I'm not 100% sure. But it worked. Hope you have success.
fabio77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 05:02 AM   #3
Tobbe

Thanks,

Downloaded every vst3 again, and this time Woodwinds showed up. Loaded the samples and it worked. Closed Reaper and started again...no Woodwinds is there, go figure, no errors in Reaper. I have posted on developer forum also. See if they come up with any solutions.
Old 07-04-2022, 05:53 AM   #4
fabio77

That's strange. I hope you figure it out.

Did you try the Virtual Playing Orchstra https://vis.versilstudios.com/vsco-community.html from this site?

The Orchestool is also listed on this side, and it seems they all are using the same core library, from the VSCO-Community.

I installed the sfizz Player and use this libraries http://virtualplaying.com/virtual-playing-orchestra/

But I had a crash with it also, and couldn't load the project anymore. So I disable the sfizz-player everytime before saving the project.
fabio77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 01:43 PM   #5
Tobbe

Yes, I have them all. Some sounds veird and some sounds ok. Little to "synth-ish" sometimes, but hey, they are free. To dream, BBCSO Discover for Linux.

Sfizz working great on my computer. Never had any problem with it. Decent Sampler also, almost...today when I wanna change from Decent Sampler to Sfizz on one track Reaper crashed/closed. It happend with earlier versions. I shall try again if it happends. If it does, I leave a message to the developer.

Thank you
Old 07-04-2022, 01:51 PM   #6
Glennbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbe View Post
Sfizz working great on my computer. Never had any problem with it. Decent Sampler also, almost...today when I wanna change from Decent Sampler to Sfizz on one track Reaper crashed/closed. It happend with earlier versions. I shall try again if it happends. If it does, I leave a message to the developer.
I've found the VST3 version of Sfizz to be a lot more reliable than the LV2 version. I can crash the LV2 version on demand just by loading Tod's very nice 2.2GB SM_Drums. The LV2 version will freeze during the load of those drums, and then REAPER spontaneously combusts. The VST3 version, the drums load in seconds and are ready to play.

BTW, I had to add /usr/lib/vst3/ to REAPER's VST path for it to find the VST3 version of Sfizz. It wasn't already there.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 11:30 PM   #7
Tobbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennbo View Post
I've found the VST3 version of Sfizz to be a lot more reliable than the LV2 version.
Yes, same here. There's also zynaddsubfx lv2, open it and the plugin window is tiny every time. Vst?3 working perfect.