Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > Dstruct's Casa De Nitpicks

Old 05-07-2022, 08:19 AM   #1
dereklane
Human being with feelings

Default Auto trim/Split Remove silence skips items... bug or feature?

Hey folks, I posted this in the Newbie forum a week ago but got no feedback, so I'm cross-posting here to get input before I throw it in the "bug" forum:

If I select all items on a track and then run "Auto trim/split items (remove silence)" alternating items in contiguous sets (items touching other items) will get skipped.
A thread was started (with a walkthrough gif in the second post) by JNIF in July 2021, but I don't see any actual bug reports: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=255693

Basically, the "treated" items (starting with item zero) collapse down (as expected) but a gap remains to the right (even though ripple is on), the next item doesn't get treated, but its neighbor to the right gets treated, shrinks down, leaves a gap, etc.

However if the gap already existed between items, then the item on the right side of the gap DOES get treated (i.e. the lead item of a new set of contiguous items). Running the action a second time appears to ensure all of the items get treated, but that leaves gaps scattered throughout the track. I don't want to remove *all* the gaps because some of them are the original gaps between sets of items.

I could (eventually) write a script to overcome these issues (probably?) but I feel like that's a lot of extra duct tape...

Yes, Ripple is on.
Reaper version: 6.65/win64 rev d5093c (April 25 2022)

thoughts?

Thanks,

Derek
dereklane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2022, 07:48 AM   #2
dereklane
Human being with feelings

Default I guess I'll post it to the bug thread

Whelp, given the crickets here as well, I guess I'll throw this in the "bugs" thread.
dereklane is offline   Reply With Quote