FnA
Human being with feelings

Thanks (again) for the information.

And the nice theme of course.
FnA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:22 AM   #42
noahpb

I'm also on a Mac and both the dark and light themes crash my Reaper. I re-downloaded the themes and still have the same problem. Any ideas? Thanks.
noahpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 03:55 PM   #43
Soli Deo Gloria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commala View Post
You can comment out "version 5" at the top of the rtconfig.txt by putting a semicolon at the beginning of that line. The track panels will be tinted this way.

Then, you can additionally comment out the line that defines tinttcp, below that, to get all the version 4 options open again.

The theme will look a bit funny, specifically the place where the colour strip would go, but I thought I would mention this at least
Well, I hadnīt seen your answer; thatīs good to know! I see what you mean by "funny", but Iīll be trying both themes to see how I feel. The strip is, evidently, the thing thatīs superfluous when you tint the panel, isnīt it? There are details in Commala v5 that are definitely nice, so Iīll give it a try...

Thanks for all, man, your dark theme is an eye-saver and aesthetically impeccable !
Soli Deo Gloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:28 PM   #44
Commala

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahpb View Post
I'm also on a Mac and both the dark and light themes crash my Reaper. I re-downloaded the themes and still have the same problem. Any ideas? Thanks.
What version OSX are you using?
Commala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 07:31 PM   #45
noahpb

Quote:
What version OSX are you using?
I'm on 10.10.5. Thank you!
noahpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:12 AM   #46
electricthing

Great theme, thanks.
I have one question, I searched preferences and manual, can't find it.

It's about track layout; I want to use as default;

Track Panel; Default TCP (vertical meters)
I find these meters easier to read.

When I set it at 'set track layout' it switches back later when I go to the mixer and then go back to arrangement window.
Only way to keep it is to select all tracks in a project, change it and save the project. But all new tracks will have to be redone again.

Any tips?

I already have changed all tracks in my template, but for new tracks it won't work.

Thanks in advance.
electricthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 12:32 PM   #47
Commala

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricthing View Post
Great theme, thanks.

When I set it at 'set track layout' it switches back later when I go to the mixer and then go back to arrangement window.
Only way to keep it is to select all tracks in a project, change it and save the project. But all new tracks will have to be redone again.

Any tips?

I already have changed all tracks in my template, but for new tracks it won't work.

Thanks in advance.
I'm not really sure, it works for me, but sometimes when I open Reaper tracks newly added to the MCP are added with the wrong layout. I think the layout assignments (in the screensets window) are saved with the screenset, but that Reaper doesn't properly remember these settings sometimes.

In my case, often when I open Reaper, the mixer panel setting is not remembered.
I just reload my screenset and those settings are reaffirmed. Also, any tracks added that had the incorrect layout will be set to the correct one.
Old 03-31-2016, 12:41 PM   #48
Commala

Just updated the dark version in the stash.

Lots of small changes mostly, but selected tracks are more visible now. Tracks in the TCP are much brighter when selected. Tracks in the MCP are highlighted their entire length, which is a definite improvement. I also edited the transparencies of most of the buttons - now, when a track is selected and it gets lighter, the buttons do as well.

Besides that, lots of image tweaks that were bugging me, improvements to the walter for several layouts, and all pan modes supported for master track layouts (I actually had this in awhile back but removed it for some reason).
Old 03-31-2016, 01:57 PM   #49
Diego

Thanks man, amazing theme!
Old 03-31-2016, 03:09 PM   #50
trevlyns

Loving the dark theme and the tweaks are just great. Thank you!
Old 03-31-2016, 04:45 PM   #51
sostenuto

Quote:
Just updated the dark version in the stash.

Lots of small changes mostly, but selected tracks are more visible now. Tracks in the TCP are much brighter when selected. Tracks in the MCP are highlighted their entire length, which is a definite improvement. I also edited the transparencies of most of the buttons - now, when a track is selected and it gets lighter, the buttons do as well.

Besides that, lots of image tweaks that were bugging me, improvements to the walter for several layouts, and all pan modes supported for master track layouts (I actually had this in awhile back but removed it for some reason).
You're the Man !!! Cool Theme and dark is the coolest. Many thanks for consistent hard work and great results.

Regards,
sostenuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 12:47 AM   #52
electricthing

Quote:
I'm not really sure, it works for me, but sometimes when I open Reaper tracks newly added to the MCP are added with the wrong layout. I think the layout assignments (in the screensets window) are saved with the screenset, but that Reaper doesn't properly remember these settings sometimes.

In my case, often when I open Reaper, the mixer panel setting is not remembered.
I just reload my screenset and those settings are reaffirmed. Also, any tracks added that had the incorrect layout will be set to the correct one.
Hi, thanks, I will try it with screensets.

Edt;

Yes it works; great, thanks!
I had made a custom layout for my prefered track layout and put that on the toolbar but after changing to the mixer window and back to arrangement window the layout was gone. I did not realise that I had saved the original layout in the screenset that I use. Talk about customization biting itself in the foot (or something like that...).

Last edited by electricthing; 04-01-2016 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-03-2016, 03:14 PM   #53
Commala

Quote:
Great theme, thanks.

Any tips?

Thanks in advance.
Actually I was just checking this out, and it seems like a namespace issue. Reaper doesn't remember the default layout assignment (the one that newly created tracks will be automatically set to) if the layout name begins with a space. As in this theme which uses " Default TCP (vertical meters)" and " Default MCP (pan at bottom)" etc, in order to place those layouts first in the menu.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:25 AM   #54
electricthing

Quote:
Actually I was just checking this out, and it seems like a namespace issue. Reaper doesn't remember the default layout assignment (the one that newly created tracks will be automatically set to) if the layout name begins with a space. As in this theme which uses " Default TCP (vertical meters)" and " Default MCP (pan at bottom)" etc, in order to place those layouts first in the menu.
I see, that's good to know. Can that be changed in this theme easily?
I am o.k. with how it works now though, with the screenset.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:50 PM   #55
FnA

:|

:]

Sneaky guy!

Well, if you're not telling, then I won't either. But I will say: Excellent solution! Better than I had hoped for.

Maybe I haven't found everything yet...
Old 04-06-2016, 03:51 PM   #56
Commala

Quote:
Originally Posted by FnA View Post
:|

:]

Sneaky guy!

Well, if you're not telling, then I won't either. But I will say: Excellent solution! Better than I had hoped for.

Maybe I haven't found everything yet...
Are you talking about TCP selection?
Old 04-06-2016, 04:10 PM   #57
FnA

No, you mentioned that specifically. It IS quite good enough now though, I think. I don't really have any complaints now. About anything. That doesn't mean I won't be a pest any longer.

You didn't mention the IO button on Big Meter, but you did say Walter improvements. That's not it either.

Hint: v5 bad...Commala good!

Hmm. MAYBE, it might fall under "image tweaks."

Last edited by FnA; 04-06-2016 at 04:28 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:53 PM   #58
FnA

Ok, enough of that.

This is about the only way I can show any appreciation. There's a few scripts around for setting layouts in a fairly fancy way. I think I will use them in a simpler way for organizational purposes (colored faders.) Nothing really planned out firmly yet. Baby steps. (Also new SWS will have auto layout.)

The first two are like the set layout actions you can set up in Screensets Window, in case 20 is not enough. Use the layout name phrases you find there when you copy and edit the scripts. The editable stuff is above the dashed lines.

EDIT: Updated top two with PreventUIRefresh. Significant speed increase. Also added user editable variables to skip various tracks that are set to layouts like Separator, FX Rack, etc.
Code:
-- layout - set selected tracks TCP layout to Condensed - Gold Fader.lua

track_panel = "Condensed - Gold Fader" -- edit phrase between quotes to another from Screensets window
skip_Separators = true -- change to false to make script not skip these
skip_Long_Name = true -- change to false to make script not skip these
skip_Shy_Meter = true -- change to false to make script not skip these
skip_Tracking = true -- change to false to make script not skip these
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
function Fn_Set_TCP_Layout()
  reaper.Undo_BeginBlock2(0)
  reaper.PreventUIRefresh(1)
  local cst = reaper.CountSelectedTracks(0)
  for c=1,cst do
    local ok = true
    local trk = reaper.GetSelectedTrack(0, c-1)
    local r,s = reaper.GetSetMediaTrackInfo_String(trk, "P_TCP_LAYOUT", "", false)
    if skip_Separators == true and string.find(s,"Separator",1,true) then ok = nil
    elseif skip_Long_Name == true and string.find(s,"Long Name",1,true) then ok = nil
    elseif skip_Shy_Meter == true and string.find(s,"Shy Meter",1,true) then ok = nil
    elseif skip_Tracking == true and string.find(s,"Tracking",1,true) then ok = nil
    end
    if ok then
      reaper.GetSetMediaTrackInfo_String(trk, "P_TCP_LAYOUT", track_panel, true)
    end
  end
  reaper.PreventUIRefresh(-1)
  reaper.Undo_EndBlock2(0, "set TCP layout", -1)
end

Fn_Set_TCP_Layout()
Code:
-- layout - set selected tracks MCP layout to Narrow - Gold Fader.lua

mixer_panel = "Narrow - Gold Fader" -- edit phrase between quotes to another from Screensets window
skip_Separators = true
skip_Sidebars = true
skip_FX_Racks = true
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
function Fn_Set_MCP_Layout()
  for c=1,cst do
    local ok = true
    local r,s = reaper.GetSetMediaTrackInfo_String(trk, "P_MCP_LAYOUT", "", false)
    if skip_Separators == true and string.find(s,"Separator",1,true) then ok = nil
    elseif skip_Sidebars == true and string.find(s,"Sidebar",1,true) then ok = nil
    elseif skip_FX_Racks == true and string.find(s,"FX Rack",1,true) then ok = nil
    end
    if ok then
      reaper.GetSetMediaTrackInfo_String(trk, "P_MCP_LAYOUT", mixer_panel, true)
    end
  end
  reaper.Undo_EndBlock2(0, "set MCP layout", -1)
end

Fn_Set_MCP_Layout()
The next two are select/unselect based on layout.

Code:
-- layout - add Condensed - Gold Fader tracks to selection.lua

track_panel = "Condensed - Gold Fader" -- edit phrase between quotes to another from Screensets window, no layout = ""
select = true -- change to false to unselect instead

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
function Fn_Select_By_Layout()
  local ct = reaper.CountTracks(0)
  for c=1,ct do
    local trk = reaper.GetTrack(0, c-1)
    if s == track_panel then
      reaper.SetTrackSelected(trk, select)
    end
  end
  reaper.TrackList_AdjustWindows(true)
end

Fn_Select_By_Layout()
function NoUndoPoint () end 
reaper.defer(NoUndoPoint)
Code:
-- layout - add Narrow - Gold Fader tracks to selection.lua

track_mixer_panel = "Narrow - Gold Fader" -- edit phrase between quotes to another from Screensets window
select = true -- change to false to unselect instead
function Fn_Select_By_Layout()
  local ct = reaper.CountTracks(0)
  for c=1,ct do
    local trk = reaper.GetTrack(0, c-1)
    if s == track_mixer_panel then
      reaper.SetTrackSelected(trk, select)
    end
  end
  reaper.TrackList_AdjustWindows(true)
end

Fn_Select_By_Layout()
function NoUndoPoint () end 
reaper.defer(NoUndoPoint)
I will probably do some to switch layout without losing the color of the fader, and...

Last edited by FnA; 04-08-2016 at 04:25 PM. Reason: clarify script variables
Old 04-08-2016, 01:04 PM   #59
Commala

FNA,

Those scripts look like they could be very useful, thanks! They could offer a way to switch layout independently of fader colour, is that right?

On another note, I still don't think I know what you were referring to that I changed, I actually changed probably a hundred things with the last update but didn't think they were worth mentioning. ... maybe the left and right dual pan colours? Those have been that way for awhile though.

Quote:
Great theme, thanks.

Quote:
Updated both versions of the theme - renamed these layouts, got rid of the space. This will affect screensets and actions set to target these layouts by name, and that sort of thing, but now they will be correctly remembered.

Added walter that prevents meter from disappearing when resizing the mixer all the way down, thereby preventing this bug: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=175091
Old 04-08-2016, 02:04 PM   #60
sostenuto

Just COOL !!

DARK is like my 'Custom' Theme ...

Many thanks !
sostenuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 05:08 PM   #61
FnA

Quote:
...I still don't think I know what you were referring to that I changed...
I will make a separate post about that which I got excited about. First...

Quote:
They could offer a way to switch layout independently of fader colour, is that right?
Yes, I have some written already for the most part. (Hopefully we are on the same page now. lol.) In other words: Set selected tracks TCP layout to Condensed-keep fader color.lua?

I have a snag to figure out. You see that they are based mostly on "strings" of characters which are the track layout names you provided? When no layout is chosen ReaScript get layout function returns "". Empty string. I believe the info on default layout is in REAPER.ini. in layout_tcp and layout_mcp variables. There are SWS functions to get variables in there that use Int and Float, but I don't see anything to get String. Have to look into Lua specific code for reading files. User could probably edit a variable stating their chosen default but it would be better not to rely on that.

It's good that you have " - " between all the main track layouts and the fader colors, and that the phrases like "Gold Fader" are identical. Script uses string.find on " - " and splits based on that. (characters like - can be problematic in some matching, etc. But not too much in this one.)

Quote:
Updated both versions of the theme - renamed these layouts, got rid of the space. This will affect screensets and actions set to target these layouts by name, and that sort of thing, but now they will be correctly remembered.
I was going to ask about that. I wrote it to handle the space. Was only a handful of lines. Have not tried anything with this space removal change yet.

If anyone has concepts to bring to the table, great. I don't want to be the only person doing this, but I don't mind either. Trying to get the building blocks together to see what could come of it.

Some slightly more elaborate concepts:

Set TCP based on MCP fader/vice versa. Have something like this mostly done. Same issue described above.

Maybe an input box could handle some or all the layout selections with shortcuts like c1 for Condensed default, c2(cb,whatever) for Condensed blue, etc. It could do a csv split type thing, in other words: c1 c2 c3 ENTER could select first three condensed layouts.

Layouts could probably be saved/restored by using extstate.

Any number of scripts could set layout based on track properties or those of items on them. (like one script (has a forum thread) that checks first item source type.)

And so on...

edit. forgot to mention I updated the first two scripts with speed enhancement and editable variables to ignore tracks that cant have colored faders like separator, etc.

Last edited by FnA; 04-08-2016 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-08-2016, 07:13 PM   #62
FnA

It might be small to you, but to me it's pretty major. I mean how you provided the alternate black item background. I was using one already but it did not allow the item color to bleed around the edges like yours does.

I've been using peaks for track and take color/backgrounds for item color only, for quite some time now. I am now, in version 5, using a slightly different number than the one you mention in the RT Config comments. I like colored items to stand out strongly. As you can see below, I guess I also like selected things to stand out. To me, Selected has somewhat of an edge in importance over Item Color, but it is still good to see Item Color. So, I think this is kind of a hot set up now. Obviously, I change fonts and their colors too. I usually use white peaks edge when selected but left it off for these shots. It ruins the legibility of the MIDI note colors, but by the time I select the item, I guess I know what it represents pretty much.

But I wonder -- if maybe another pixel width might be better? On the bottom (and top?) at least? Mocked this up quick in Paint.

PSQ: In the last post I mentioned REAPER.ini. Also in there is all the colors from theme tweaker window. At least it looks like that is the case. Can one copy/paste/replace those safely? Like so:

Shut off Reaper with the theme you want to copy colors from, and copy every thing between [color theme] and [whatever is in the next brackets]

Start Reaper. Change theme. Save project. Shut off Reaper. Paste/replace stuff in Reaper.ini.

It would be a lot faster than doing it all over every time. I probably could make a Python to do all of it, if Python can write to ini like txt. Well...Maybe not...

Edit! I found out how to read the ini and can get the layouts. Now I wonder if a ReaScript might be able to copy the colors, store them to extstate, and reset them since they are (mostly?) numbers? I'll look into it...(edit-I don't think I'm personally going to get anywhere with that. SWS function to set config var doesn't do anything with theme colors.)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016-4-8b - Copy.jpg (58.8 KB, 2170 views)
File Type: jpg 2016-4-8b.jpg (58.4 KB, 2096 views)

Last edited by FnA; 04-09-2016 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-09-2016, 01:41 AM   #63
electricthing

Quote:

Added walter that prevents meter from disappearing when resizing the mixer all the way down, thereby preventing this bug: http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=175091
Thank you!
Old 04-09-2016, 08:59 PM   #64
FnA

This one is for setting fader color without changing main layout type. It uses an input box and some hotkeys to be capable of doing all the colors in one action. You can put a ? in the box to get a reminder message of what the hotkeys are. By default it will do both TCP and MCP at once. If you put one space before the hotkey it will skip the TCP, one at the end it will skip the MCP. Weird? Unregistered characters (including blank box+ENTER key) will cause reset to no color. Cancel button will abort script.

Code:
-- layout - set selected tracks fader colors by input.lua

clear_defaults = true -- reset layout matching screenset default to "" or no layout
skip_TCP_Separator = true -- skip if tcp is this
skip_Long_Name = true -- skip if tcp is this
skip_Shy_Meter = true -- skip if tcp is this
skip_Tracking = true -- skip if tcp is this
skip_MCP_Separator = true -- skip if mcp is this
skip_FX_Racks = true -- skip if mcp is this
skip_Sidebars = true -- skip if mcp is this

-- You can edit the first string in "" in each line below to provide shortcuts to enter in the input box.
-- Anything else (including empty box) will reset track to no fader color
-- Use Cancel button to abort script.
function Fn_Hotkeys(hotkey) -- << Don't edit this line
  if hotkey == "?" then help = true -- show message box
  elseif hotkey == "dc" then fader_color = "DC" -- default (colorless) fader
  elseif hotkey == "b" then fader_color = "Blue"
  elseif hotkey == "gr" then fader_color = "Green"
  elseif hotkey == "g" then fader_color = "Gold"
  elseif hotkey == "red" then fader_color = "Red"
  elseif hotkey == "r" then fader_color = "Rose"
  elseif hotkey == "w" then fader_color = "White"
  else
    fader_color = ""
  end
end

-- Edit only between "". Leave back slash after each line
help_msg = "One space at start to prevent TCP change\
One space at end to prevent MCP change\
Undefined characters reset to no color\
For example: asdf[SPACE] resets TCP only\
\
HOTKEYS (Edit script thru action list)\
---------------\
dc = default colorless\
b = Blue\
gr = Green\
g = Gold\
red = Red\
r = Rose\
w = White\
" -- end of help message

-- END OF EDITABLE PART ---------------------------------------------------------

function Fn_Get_Default_Layouts()
  local inipath = reaper.get_ini_file()
  r1, def_tcp = reaper.BR_Win32_GetPrivateProfileString("reaper", "layout_tcp", "Error", inipath)
  def_tcp_color = string.find(def_tcp," - ",1,true)
  if def_tcp_color then
    def_tcp_panel = string.sub(def_tcp, 1, def_tcp_color-1)
    def_tcp_color = string.sub(def_tcp, def_tcp_color, #def_tcp)
  else
    def_tcp_panel = def_tcp
    def_tcp_color = ""
  end
  r2, def_mcp = reaper.BR_Win32_GetPrivateProfileString("reaper", "layout_mcp", "Error", inipath)
  def_mcp_color = string.find(def_mcp," - ",1,true)
  if def_mcp_color then
    def_mcp_panel = string.sub(def_mcp, 1, def_mcp_color-1)
    def_mcp_color = string.sub(def_mcp, def_mcp_color, #def_mcp)
  else
    def_mcp_panel = def_mcp
    def_mcp_color = ""
  end
  --return def_tcp_panel, def_tcp_color, def_mcp_panel, def_mcp_color
end

function Fn_Set_Layouts()
  Fn_Get_Default_Layouts()
  for c=1,cst do
    r1,tcp = reaper.GetSetMediaTrackInfo_String(trk, "P_TCP_LAYOUT", "", false)
    r2,mcp = reaper.GetSetMediaTrackInfo_String(trk, "P_MCP_LAYOUT", "", false)
    ok = true
    if skip_TCP_Separator == true and string.find(tcp,"Separator",1,true) then ok = nil
    elseif skip_Long_Name == true and string.find(tcp,"Long Name",1,true) then ok = nil
    elseif skip_Shy_Meter == true and string.find(tcp,"Shy Meter",1,true) then ok = nil
    elseif skip_Tracking == true and string.find(tcp,"Tracking",1,true) then ok = nil
    elseif skip_MCP_Separator == true and string.find(mcp,"Separator",1,true) then ok = nil
    elseif skip_FX_Racks == true and string.find(mcp,"FX Rack",1,true) then ok = nil
    elseif skip_Sidebars == true and string.find(mcp,"Sidebar",1,true) then ok = nil
    end
    if ok then
      if not skip_tcp then 
        tcp_color = string.find(tcp," - ",1,true)
        if tcp_color then tcp = string.sub(tcp, 1, tcp_color-1) end
        if fader_color ~= "" then
          if tcp == "" then tcp = def_tcp_panel end
          if fader_color ~= "DC" then 
            tcp = tcp.." - "..fader_color.." Fader"
          end
        else
          if tcp == "" then tcp = def_tcp_panel end
          tcp = tcp..def_tcp_color        
        end
        if tcp == def_tcp and clear_defaults == true then tcp = "" end
        reaper.GetSetMediaTrackInfo_String(trk, "P_TCP_LAYOUT", tcp, true)
      end
      if not skip_mcp then 
        mcp_color = string.find(mcp," - ",1,true)
        if mcp_color then mcp = string.sub(mcp, 1, mcp_color-1) end
        if fader_color ~= "" then
          if mcp == "" then mcp = def_mcp_panel end
          if fader_color ~= "DC" then 
            mcp = mcp.." - "..fader_color.." Fader"
          end
        else
          if mcp == "" then mcp = def_mcp_panel end
          mcp = mcp..def_mcp_color        
        end
        if mcp == def_mcp and clear_defaults == true then mcp = "" end
        reaper.GetSetMediaTrackInfo_String(trk, "P_MCP_LAYOUT", mcp, true)
      end
    end
  end
  reaper.Undo_EndBlock2(0, "set layout", -1)
end

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
gui, s = reaper.GetUserInputs("Fader Colors (?=Help)", 1, "Hotkey", "")
s = string.gsub(s, ",", "")
if string.sub(s, 1, 1) == " " then
  skip_tcp = true
  s = string.sub(s, 2, #s) 
end
if string.sub(s, #s, #s) == " " then
  skip_mcp = true
  s = string.sub(s, 1, #s-1)
end
if gui then
  Fn_Hotkeys(s)
  if not help then
    Fn_Set_Layouts()
  else
    reaper.MB(help_msg,"Set Fader Colors",0)
  end
end
I will probably put the selection in here too eventually.

Next ones are templates for set main layout keeping fader color. One for TCP. One for MCP.

Code:
-- layout - set selected tracks TCP layout to Condensed - keep fader color.lua

main_layout = "Condensed" -- this script for TCP layouts only

clear_defaults = true -- reset layout matching screenset default to "" or no layout
skip_Separator = true -- these check TCP layout only
skip_Long_Name = true
skip_Shy_Meter = true
skip_Tracking = true
  local r, s = reaper.BR_Win32_GetPrivateProfileString("reaper", "layout_tcp", "Error", inipath)
  return s
end

function Fn_Set_TCP_Layout()
  def_tcp = Fn_Get_Default_Layouts()
  for c=1,cst do
    local ok = true
    if skip_Separator == true and string.find(s,"Separator",1,true) then ok = nil
    elseif skip_Long_Name == true and string.find(s,"Long Name",1,true) then ok = nil
    elseif skip_Shy_Meter == true and string.find(s,"Shy Meter",1,true) then ok = nil
    elseif skip_Tracking == true and string.find(s,"Tracking",1,true) then ok = nil
    end
    if ok then
      local tcp_color = string.find(s," - ",1,true)
      if tcp_color then s = string.sub(s, tcp_color, #s) else s = "" end
      s = main_layout..s
      if s == def_tcp and clear_defaults == true then s = "" end
      reaper.GetSetMediaTrackInfo_String(trk, "P_TCP_LAYOUT", s, true)
    end
  end
  reaper.Undo_EndBlock2(0, "set TCP layout", -1)
end

Fn_Set_TCP_Layout()
Code:
-- layout - set selected tracks MCP layout to Narrow - keep fader color.lua

main_layout = "Narrow" -- this script for MCP layouts only

skip_MCP_Separator = true -- skip if mcp is this
skip_FX_Racks = true -- skip if mcp is this
skip_Sidebars = true -- skip if mcp is this
  local r, s = reaper.BR_Win32_GetPrivateProfileString("reaper", "layout_mcp", "Error", inipath)
  return s
end

function Fn_Set_MCP_Layout()
  def_mcp = Fn_Get_Default_Layouts()
  for c=1,cst do
    local ok = true
    if skip_MCP_Separator == true and string.find(s,"Separator",1,true) then ok = nil
    elseif skip_FX_Racks == true and string.find(s,"FX Rack",1,true) then ok = nil
    elseif skip_Sidebars == true and string.find(s,"Sidebar",1,true) then ok = nil
    end
    if ok then
      local mcp_color = string.find(s," - ",1,true)
      if mcp_color then s = string.sub(s, mcp_color, #s) else s = "" end
      s = main_layout..s
      if s == def_mcp and clear_defaults == true then s = "" end
      reaper.GetSetMediaTrackInfo_String(trk, "P_MCP_LAYOUT", s, true)
    end
  end
  reaper.Undo_EndBlock2(0, "set MCP layout", -1)
end

Fn_Set_MCP_Layout()

Last edited by FnA; 04-10-2016 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:38 PM   #65
FnA

I had to delete some text from the last post. Too long. I edited the scripts. Have not had much time to test them. Seems ok. Kind of complicated because it's hard to imagine how everyone might want to arrange things. I will continue poking away at them for a while. Probably will end up putting most functions in the input box script for one stop shopping kind of thing.
Old 04-25-2016, 06:32 AM   #66
romick

Default VU colors

Is there a way to get a more graduated color scheme for the VU meters? For instance, like the Blue to Red of the Nitpicky theme?

And is it possible to change the play control buttons from the 4.xx theme to the 5.xx theme?
romick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:46 PM   #67
Lokasenna

Nitpicky? Blue? You might want to visit the eye doctor. :P

Seriously though, you would have to edit the meter images in the theme, or simply delete them if you want to use the Theme Editor's color settings to make a gradient.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:54 PM   #68
romick

Default figured it out

Figured out how to change the VU meter colors. Thanks
Old 04-27-2016, 07:15 PM   #69
FnA

I like to change my meter colors by disabling the image, except for one thing. The color is there even when there is no signal, just more faintly. Ugly. Is there a code that controls that, or the amount of bleed through or overlay or whatever it's called?

Not really coming up with many cool script ideas. I'm just using the faders for general types of track with SWS auto layout. Scripts could probably ape that for track features/properties that are not included in auto layout. I was thinking maybe some of the recording settings.

A minor thing. Are you set on the text direction in the MCP separators? I think I would prefer it if the tops of the letters faced track 1, like the routing matrix. I do think its right in TCP for the vertical text to go downwards, because it's like the name plates in the mixer if turned 90 degrees.

Is there nothing in theming that can prevent the seperator from zooming in TCP/arrange? I guess probably not.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:26 PM   #70
Commala

Quote:
I like to change my meter colors by disabling the image, except for one thing. The color is there even when there is no signal, just more faintly. Ugly. Is there a code that controls that, or the amount of bleed through or overlay or whatever it's called?
There's no control for that, no

Quote:
Not really coming up with many cool script ideas. I'm just using the faders for general types of track with SWS auto layout. Scripts could probably ape that for track features/properties that are not included in auto layout. I was thinking maybe some of the recording settings.
I think you're on to something with the scripts for this. It just needs to be something invisible and automatic, or at least makes it easier than it currently is to change them as a set. Myself, I just set them up for project templates and that's where I leave them

Quote:
A minor thing. Are you set on the text direction in the MCP separators? I think I would prefer it if the tops of the letters faced track 1, like the routing matrix. I do think its right in TCP for the vertical text to go downwards, because it's like the name plates in the mixer if turned 90 degrees.
I'm of the opinion that the left side should be the bottom of the text when set vertically. In book publishing, the titles on the spine are printed that way to be readable when the books are face up on a table (the words on the spine won't then be upside down). I prefer this for consistency. That said, isn't there an option in Reaper to change which way the text faces when set vertically?

Edit: yes, it's under "Appearance" in preferences. Looks like the routing matrix doesn't follow this setting

Quote:
Is there nothing in theming that can prevent the seperator from zooming in TCP/arrange? I guess probably not.
Actually, there may be, if there's some kind of mechanism to set the max TCP height. But I can't remember coming across that
Old 04-27-2016, 08:03 PM   #71
FnA

Crud, the names don't show up in TCP big meter too well with bottoms up text. Oh, well. I didn't know that pref. Thanks.

Quote:
I think you're on to something with the scripts for this.
Which ones? The ones I started on/posted, or the one's I'm thinking about for filling in auto-layouts gaps? If you or anyone else has specific ideas, I'll look into them.

A lot of folks want to "lock track heights." There are script functions to set track heights. Hard/maybe impossible to incorporate in normal mousewheel zoom.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:18 AM   #72
smiglo15

Default Commala 5 Arrange Area Colours

Hi guys, can you help me with the following: I love Commala 5, but if I could have the arrange window look like Commala 4, I would be in heaven. To be precise: I would like to have the waveforms coloured, not the backgrounds. If I switch to Commala 4 I have waveform colour, but I loose those beautiful colour strips of Commala 5 (I don't like track name backgrounds to be coloured and I don't need full tinting of track panel or mixer). I'm happy editing RT files. Please help! Many thanks!

Last edited by smiglo15; 05-13-2016 at 05:27 AM.
smiglo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:31 AM   #73
FnA

I know how to make it look like the top pic in post 62, if that's to your liking. You get a colored outline if you have item color on selected item, no full tinted background. No time at the moment to get technical about it.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:49 PM   #74
smiglo15

Default Commala 5 Arrange Area Colours

Quote:
I know how to make it look like the top pic in post 62, if that's to your liking. You get a colored outline if you have item color on selected item, no full tinted background. No time at the moment to get technical about it.
No worries, thanx a lot, I worked it out after hours of headache
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My Commala 5 Mod.jpg (57.7 KB, 647 views)
smiglo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 12:22 AM   #75
johnsawan79

Quote:
After a lengthy delay, both versions of Default Commala 5 are now up!

Dark: https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1702/De...ReaperThemeZip

Light: https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1633/De...ReaperThemeZip

This is my mod of the Default theme from Reaper 4, which I've updated now to take advantage of some new Reaper 5 theming features.

A disclaimer - this now means that full track panel colour tinting is not readily available, for technical reasons. The theme can be edited to force this, but it won't look very nice.

Thanks again to White Tie, for his work on the Default Reaper 4 theme, Lerian, for Default Analog which this mod was initially based on, and Nick Moritz, for the toolbar icons from the Rado theme.

========================

Default Commala features:

- MCP track folder-state indentation, as seen in WT Voodoo

- new TCP layouts: Big meter, condensed

- new MCP layouts: Narrow, FX rack, small master

- reworked MIDI editor

- new panners

- coloured fader layouts

Hi commala, regarding the color panel tinting, I made a customization using your theme, I was able to apply tinting for the tracks just see if you like it feel free to use/modify the png's it was your to begin with .

https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1787/Bl...ReaperThemeZip
johnsawan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 02:17 PM   #76
Commala

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsawan79 View Post
Hi commala, regarding the color panel tinting, I made a customization using your theme, I was able to apply tinting for the tracks just see if you like it feel free to use/modify the png's it was your to begin with .
Yes, those look nice, well done

The panel tinting is something I've been hesitating to implement, as it really requires two separate versions of the theme - one with the panel tinting, one without. This is to allow the user to switch it off if desired.

Edit: you might like to try grabbing some of the button/label images from the newer version of the theme to use in yours. I've given them transparency since you made your mod, which means that the track colour will also show through the buttons.

Last edited by Commala; 06-24-2016 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:19 PM   #77
Commala

Updated the theme today - changed the midi note color map to allow notehead coloring in the notation editor, as well as to make velocity differences more easily discernable. Also added images to support all automation modes that may arise in near future

Edit: updated the dark version I should say. The light version lags behind, for now

https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1702/De...ReaperThemeZip

Last edited by Commala; 06-24-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 02:38 PM   #78
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

Thank you, Commala, it is a great looking theme.
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:42 AM   #79
romick

Default Larger Text in Selection:

Been wracking my brain on how to do this.

Is there a way to get larger text in the Selection: section of the transport control?

I changed the Walter font (7), but it the numbers disappear if I increase the font size.
Old 07-14-2016, 02:35 PM   #80
Commala

Quote:
Originally Posted by romick View Post
Been wracking my brain on how to do this.

Is there a way to get larger text in the Selection: section of the transport control?

I changed the Walter font (7), but it the numbers disappear if I increase the font size.
Are you on OSX? It works here on Windows, the text remains even if you set the font size to be larger than the field itself