Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 05-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #1
elmcity
Human being with feelings

Default Anyone using reaper with MPC3000?.help

I am trying to sync the MPC300(slave) to Reaper(master)
i know this might be a basic question but i do not see how this is done from the beginning.
thx
elmcity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:54 AM   #2
fly keyz

Default sync

I don't have an mpc 3000 but I have an mv-8000, and I'd imagine the sync process would be similar.

1. Enable your midi output in reaper + send clock

2. Set your mpc as slave ( you may have to tweak other settings as I am not familiar with akai products)

3. Press start in reaper and your mpc should start as well.

Note: for any sequences done on the mpc it would be a good idea to add a blank measure at the beginning to allow sufficient time to sync from pressing play to the first note sounds. I have a problem at times with chasing even if I use offset with smpte (sounds like the music rushing to catch up then slowing down to the set tempo)
fly keyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:47 AM   #3
elmcity

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly keyz View Post

Note: for any sequences done on the mpc it would be a good idea to add a blank measure at the beginning to allow sufficient time to sync from pressing play to the first note sounds. I have a problem at times with chasing even if I use offset with smpte (sounds like the music rushing to catch up then slowing down to the set tempo)
LOL!,
That was gonna be my next question. I have noticed that happening also. So the "speedup/slowdown" thing happens with reaper and the mv8000 also? I thought i was gonna have to put the mpc in the shop. Being that you have the mv8000, do you find it easier to record from the 8000 or reaper?
thx for your help man.
p.s. reaper kicks @$$!
Old 05-19-2007, 02:46 PM   #4
fly keyz

Default reaper & mv-8000

I normally do all of my midi tracks on the mv, and after tracking everything into reaper I may do some fine tuning in reaper

I build the whole song structure within reaper as opposed to doing it on the mv because its much faster.

And I may add parts on the fly after tracking vocals.

I have reaper as master since that's where the files will end up and it doesn't affect the timing of my drums, so everything is tight just as was first sequenced
fly keyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:28 PM   #5
elmcity

Default keyz please help

i am still new to reaper and i am trying to get started like this
1) i want to loop record
2) i want to start with 4bar loops ( i dont see how to setup 4this way)
i dont see how to set begin and end markers
3)thx
Old 01-16-2024, 10:13 PM   #6
Crafty77

Default Midi with mv8000

I have a roland mv8000 I'm trying to get midi data recorded into reaper.play drum pads, and see the midi data in a midi clip on reaper is what I'm going for.
I noticed there is NO yellow indicator meter when I play some pads.
On my midi usb keyboard I get it (which let's me know midi recording and playing works fine).

I have a stereo audio track routed (I believe correct, it sounds crisp n clear when I change buffer to 1024 or something for playback)

I have mv8000 in slave mode so when I press play on reaper, mv8000 sequencer plays. That works fine.

I'm trying to get live midi playing on my MV8000 ,recorded on a midi track in reaper. So I can open drum roll editer or add midi effects like crazy midi sequencers to the track in Reaper.

Normally when I record midi like say from usb keyboard, I get the black lines on my midi clip representing the midi note data etc.

I get an empty clip so I'm not recording midi data from mv.
I feel like I'm close.
The preferences midi device in and out are enabled for my presonus audiobox (wich my mv has midi cable to) and all the usual suspects are checked.

The sync apparently works just fine.
Just trying to get these midi data/ notes
To record in a reaper midi track.

Any ideas?
For now I'd be happy just getting a track working , I presume I wouldn't need more then 8 or 16 (however many instrument tracks I have on the MV project at hand).

Thanks!
Using roland mv 8000 v3
Reaper v7
Presonus audiobox 96 anniversary edition
Windows 10
Lenovo thinkpad 16gb ram, 1tb ssd.

And a shred of hope I've been keeping for decades just for rainy days.
Crafty77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 11:00 PM   #7
b2001

Does the midi channel of what mv sends out correspond to what midi channel the Reaper track is expecting to receive on?
b2001 is offline   Reply With Quote