Old 08-02-2019, 11:20 AM   #1
danerius
Human being with feelings

Default EEL2 is based on what language?

What is EEL2 based on? C...? Python...? Im quite eager to learn how to work in it but you need to be really proficient in coding to even begin.

I figured if I could check tutorials (in whatever its based on)....? I could move on a bit

Thanks and best regards /Bo
danerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2019, 08:05 PM   #2
Xenakios

EEL2 is Cockos's own language. It has some loose resemblance to C, but it's not really compatible with that.
Old 08-02-2019, 10:05 PM   #3
danerius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenakios View Post
EEL2 is Cockos's own language. It has some loose resemblance to C, but it's not really compatible with that.
Hi

I see. I guess I have to accept that its gonna be a struggle.

Regards /Bo
Old 08-02-2019, 10:06 PM   #4
mschnell

Write ANSI C code, avoiding "for", "do" and "while", taking care to follow any "}" by a semicolon. Replace any "switch" by multiple "if", replace any "if" by the workalike "?" clause. It still compiles and works in C.

Now replace any curly brackets by round bracket, and you are close to working EEL.

But there are rather different paradigms with using variable types, pointers (strings, arrays, ...), and a lot dedicated built-in realtime goodies (e.g. FFT).
-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 12:19 AM   #5
danerius

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Write ANSI C code, avoiding "for", "do" and "while", taking care to follow any "}" by a semicolon. Replace any "switch" by multiple "if", replace any "if" by the workalike "?" clause. It still compiles and works in C.

Now replace any curly brackets by round bracket, and you are close to working EEL.

But there are rather different paradigms with using variable types, pointers (strings, arrays, ...), and a lot dedicated built-in realtime goodies (e.g. FFT).
-Michael
Hi and thanks. This makes sense. I can see things a bit more clearly now.

Also. Yesterday on the Facebook Reaper Forum I was pointed to some simple Jesusonic Tutorials that Ive been going through. So Im a bit further along now

Regards /Bo