Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 06-27-2023, 01:57 PM   #1
inthevoid
Human being with feelings

Default Is this possible? Apply tempo map in subprojects based on stretch markers in master

Hi all,

I had a thought today while editing some music for a film and thought I'd ask here in case anyone knew of a way to do this via script.

Is it theoretically possible to adjust the tempo map of a subproject based on stretch markers applied to the subproject item in a master project?

My use case would be for example, having a master film project containing subproject items for each music cue. I tend to move and edit these subproject items around in the master project to get a very quick sense of how I need to revise the cues, and then go into the subproject to make the changes.

It would be amazing if it were possible say, to use stretch markers on a subproject item to line parts of the cue up to hit points, and then to have a script apply those stretch markers to the tempo map of the subproject to save on having to manually do all of that within the subproject file.

It sounds incredibly complicated to achieve but I wondered if any scripting wizards had any thoughts on whether it (or something like it) would be possible?
inthevoid is online now   Reply With Quote