Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 06-14-2019, 07:21 AM   #1
onewayout
Human being with feelings

Default How to get more than 16 REAROUTE outputs

I've seen people say this is possible, can you help me figure this out. I DO NOT see any REAROUTE configuration panel anywhere..

Thx, jeff
onewayout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 07:42 AM   #2
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
I've seen people say this is possible, can you help me figure this out. I DO NOT see any REAROUTE configuration panel anywhere..

ey-yes it is possible--try checking the host applications rearoute control panel--and also the amount of channels per track you have enabled in and out of reaper..
it may not be fully functional with some 2 channel drivers or interfacings..dunno,but maybe so...
cheerz.
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 08:04 AM   #3
onewayout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri1 View Post
ey-yes it is possible--try checking the host applications rearoute control panel--and also the amount of channels per track you have enabled in and out of reaper..
it may not be fully functional with some 2 channel drivers or interfacings..dunno,but maybe so...
cheerz.
Thx Bri1,

WHere do I find the "host applications rearoute control panel"? I'm on win 10 pro with ASIO4all driver but I cannot find the rearoute control panel...?

Thx
Old 06-14-2019, 08:12 AM   #4
Bri1
Banned

yo-um,which programme/s are you actually trying to rearoute?
this makes a difference because each programme kinda shows different panels... tbh i mainly have experienced 2 apps--obs+reason...both show in different places...so... um>?
need more info.....maybe hidden amongst audio settings/properties..where you switch asio drivers etc.?
cannot actually show atmo-am recording...can do in a few hours i guess..
Old 06-14-2019, 08:27 AM   #5
onewayout

Quote:
yo-um,which programme/s are you actually trying to rearoute?
this makes a difference because each programme kinda shows different panels... tbh i mainly have experienced 2 apps--obs+reason...both show in different places...so... um>?
need more info.....maybe hidden amongst audio settings/properties..where you switch asio drivers etc.?
cannot actually show atmo-am recording...can do in a few hours i guess..
Ok,. I've looked in these panels but still only see 16....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vzpbn5ng2...EtAIZaHxa?dl=0

Last edited by onewayout; 06-14-2019 at 08:39 AM.
Old 06-14-2019, 12:48 PM   #6
Bri1
Banned

ey-hmm-yes..you know there has been a problem with win10 rearoute for sometime now,for me--last few months since windows has been updating..ok.
i think they (ms) have made some background audio changes.. :/ anywayzzzz:

here's what i currently get,or see,in reason's audio preferences:

*note the option is red x..which means this is a currently unavailable device driver...this is only recently stopped working correctly.. urg..
see active input+active output channels? well,they are you usual asio in+out =greyed out here (might show 32 in+32 out for me because of an interfacing used sometimes) =bad.
the control panel below is where is normally set the rearoute channels--this used to show me options *upto256 in+output channels* =nothing atmo. =broken>?

i had another peak into obs-- this also seems to be broken,or not being reconized currently-- which brings troubleshooting down to 2 things for me: rearoute or win10..anywayzzz.

seeing as rearoute appears on your system,there is also the rearoute.ini >found in reaper instal folder-which can be edited like so:

^which should** then show in reaper or other apps as being:

sorry m8,but as this rearouting all still looks to be non_functioning on this system currently-i cannot help any further than can think of right now..

i have a feeling it's a microsoft issue-more than rearoute.dll...

also worth noting*-unlimited track amount and unlimited input+output channels are not the same at all..
both reaper+reason seem to be fixed at 32 stereo channels> that's equal to 64 mono channels ..aiite!
glhf.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:15 PM   #7
onewayout

Quote:
ey-seeing as rearoute appears on your system,there is also the rearoute.ini >found in reaper instal folder-which can be edited like so:

[IMG]https://stash.reaper.fm/36558/rearoutini64.JPG[/I

This worked PERFECTLY!! Thx Bri1
Old 06-14-2019, 01:18 PM   #8
Bri1
Banned

perfik!

Old 06-14-2019, 01:21 PM   #9
onewayout

Quote:
perfik!

https://images.app.goo.gl/vGCjTWD8wH3cVMTK7
Old 06-17-2019, 05:29 AM   #10
Bri1
Banned

hey-just for general infos: i think mi rearoute problems only exist as am currently using 2 different portabled versions of reaper-- this may be why i cannot use in reason + obs fails to even see the driver atmo..
i guess this has todo with writing registry changes-- so if a user like me instals to portable copies on a desktop -- the win registry entries for rearoute control probably does not get written, unless reaper is extracted to it's actual defaulted locations!!
hopefully info helps in some way. g'day!
Old 06-17-2019, 09:11 AM   #11
domzy

Quote:
hey-just for general infos: i think mi rearoute problems only exist as am currently using 2 different portabled versions of reaper-- this may be why i cannot use in reason + obs fails to even see the driver atmo..
i guess this has todo with writing registry changes-- so if a user like me instals to portable copies on a desktop -- the win registry entries for rearoute control probably does not get written, unless reaper is extracted to it's actual defaulted locations!!
hopefully info helps in some way. g'day!
i don't Rearoute works with portable installs, though a user says he knows a method to make it work, but i don't think he got back with the details

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...7&postcount=21
domzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:24 AM   #12
Bri1
Banned

yep-ty=exactly what as expected..a full instal needs to be done in default locations for this to all work sweet.
portables should then run fine..will be doing that again to confirm for miself.
it's a shame when people do not follow through/up with some posts..if all info is useable..
rearoute is nice... good fun when it works well. +have not actually used to full potentials though..yet.

am trying to simplify all things...most all returns to stereo anyways on finals--unless surrounds or more than 7.1 is required...which is not often >here<
cheerz.

got to thinking if there's a potential of 256 channels,this must only be really useable for multibussings,or multiples of 64 mono tracks..>?
any users of such high channel amounts??
don't know how many consoles actually support that amount of channels even? ..lolz..
Old 06-21-2019, 01:06 PM   #13
Bri1
Banned

reaconfirmed-alls good in tha hood>

rearoute is nice like this imo--quite different to rewiring-user has seperated transport controls etcetc.
plugins+editing from both programmes can be used and blended workflow_realtime.
lots of benefits as it also gives multiple virtual ports to a 2channel interfacing.
kush_ty.