Old 11-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #1
Glennbo
Human being with feelings

Default OverTone Plugins

Thought I would start a thread about folks here spending their money on companies who include native Linux VSTs in their line up. After a week of demoing all the plugins from OverTone, I decided to buy the Vintage Plugin Bundle from them and am loving it so far.

The Pultec EQ, which wasn't something I thought I wanted is going to be my go to drum bus EQ, because I can put a bright edge on the drums, without it creating the harshness every other EQ I have available does. I primarily bought that bundle for the FC70 Fairchild compressor emulation, but will end up using all three plugins that are included. I may pick up their Dyn500 channel dynamics plugin to use on individual tracks as well later down the line.

Anyway, I wanted to give a shout out to Mike to let him know it was the Linux support that made the sale for him today. Hopefully if more developer know that there is a market for native Linux VST plugins, they will begin to include them in their lineups.
Glennbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 04:41 PM   #2
lilith93

I bought all of them and regularly use them. The FC-70 is quite nice. You put it on any track and it sounds better . The Pultec I use to give kick drums more boom in the lows and more grrrrrk in the highs. It's much more simple than using an EQ and you are more limited what you can do, which I like.
lilith93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 05:36 PM   #3
Glennbo

I spent all day experimenting with the plugins on a four track acoustic drums part in a project I'm currently working on, and I am very impressed with the sound I'm getting out of the drums now.

The plugin I'll have to spend some more time with to get to know is the PTM-5A mid range EQ. I found I could really bring the snare out front using it, but it was through some random settings, since I'm not yet sure how it's controls interact with each other.
Old 11-29-2018, 08:39 PM   #4
Glennbo

So now that I have the full version of Superior Drummer with all my expansion packs running in Linux, I decided to make a quick setup using all the new native Linux OverTone DSP plugins I just bought. This is also using the u-he Protoverb on the drum bus.

This is a quick test playing Superior Drummer through REAPER for Linux live from a set of V-Drums. The only Windows plugin here is Superior. Everything else is native Linux.

https://www.soundclick.com/html5/v4/...ongID=13812827

Last edited by Glennbo; 11-29-2018 at 11:36 PM.