Old 05-08-2019, 09:17 PM   #1
trancegodz
Human being with feelings

Default Custom colors section

This is my first post here. I am a new user. I like Reaper so far, but have a couple of questions I hope someone here can help with with.

I watched a great tutorial video on YouTube called “How To Customize The Reaper DAW Layout” and at 8 minutes into the video it showed how to change the colors of the track and the media beside it. When I tried it in Reaper the “custom colors” section is grayed out and won’t let me select or de-select anything.

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2DNR292ZKM

In Reaper under Options ; Preferences ; Appearance ; Peaks Waveforms; Custom Colors;

Custom Colors is all grayed out. The three boxes next to “Tint media item waveform peaks to” are all three checked, and you can not uncheck them.

Right below that beside the “Tint media item background to” are three unchecked boxes that are grayed out and can not be checked.

I'm on a 2019 iMac.

Q1 : I wanted to uncheck the three boxes to the right of “Tint media item waveform peaks to”; and check the three boxes beside “Tint media item background to”. How do I do this. Both areas are grayed out and I can’t change anything.

Q2: I have some Waves plugins on my iMac that show up as AU, and VST on my other DAW. On Reaper only the VST versions show, not the AU versions. Is this normal? How do I get the AU versions to show up also?

Last edited by trancegodz; 05-08-2019 at 10:48 PM.
trancegodz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2019, 03:05 AM   #2
RobU
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by trancegodz View Post
This is my first post here. I am a new user. I like Reaper so far, but have a couple of questions I hope someone here can help with with.
Welcome to the forum!

Quote:
I watched a great tutorial video on YouTube called “How To Customize The Reaper DAW Layout” and at 8 minutes into the video it showed how to change the colors of the track and the media beside it. When I tried it in Reaper the “custom colors” section is grayed out and won’t let me select or de-select anything.

Q1 : I wanted to uncheck the three boxes to the right of “Tint media item waveform peaks to”; and check the three boxes beside “Tint media item background to”. How do I do this. Both areas are grayed out and I can’t change anything.
This is theme dependent. Reaper v5 came with new tinting options for themers, if they are used then these preferences cannot be changed. The default v5 theme uses the new tinting options.

Quote:
Q2:
I'm on Win10, I can't help you with that, sorry.