Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Color Themes and Icon Sets

Old 02-19-2020, 02:00 PM   #1841
b0se
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
I'm using Windows 10 with a 3440 x 1440 screen. I used to have that issue with the default v6 theme as well, but WT fixed it. However, I have no idea how he did it.

Here are the links of the convo:
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...97&postcount=4 (my bug report)
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=17 (JamesPeters reports it's happening on Linux as well)
https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...4&postcount=24 (WT fixes it)
I have no idea how WT fixed that dude, it's beyond my WALTER skills/pay-grade. Ask him perhaps? :¬)
Old 02-19-2020, 02:31 PM   #1842
_Stevie_

Will do!
Old 02-20-2020, 12:39 AM   #1843
Delucci

Hi b0se, I'm loving your theme, but I may ask, is that supposed to happen?
I dont even click the button but the folder still collapses.

I'm using with 1080p monitor by the way.
Delucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 12:45 AM   #1844
pipelineaudio
Mortal

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! This one is awesome

I dont see the 50% 100% 150% thing I see 100% 150% and 200%
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 01:11 AM   #1845
Ideosound

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0se View Post
Looks like it uses the transport font - I'm not changing that! Can that size be changed in the theme tweaker or rtconfig? Never seen that pop yup before.
Thanks.
Sure, not expecting you to change it on your release. However I'd prefer the text not to be chopped off on the big clock so there isn't any other option at the moment. I tried changing the font size for the transport, wondering if it changed it on the big clock window. However no such luck. If I were to try change the font type would I change this line:

size status 6 5 450 20 ; transport font: Frozen Crystal ; b0se

I tried changing 'Frozen Crystal' to 'Helvetica' but it doesn't change, any ideas is it somewhere else?
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 01:43 AM   #1846
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delucci View Post
Hi b0se, I'm loving your theme, but I may ask, is that supposed to happen?
I dont even click the button but the folder still collapses.

I'm using with 1080p monitor by the way.

Yes, the whole track area is a hot spot for clicking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! This one is awesome

I dont see the 50% 100% 150% thing I see 100% 150% and 200%
Cheers! The % you see depends on your res (standard or HiDPI).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ideosound View Post
Sure, not expecting you to change it on your release. However I'd prefer the text not to be chopped off on the big clock so there isn't any other option at the moment. I tried changing the font size for the transport, wondering if it changed it on the big clock window. However no such luck. If I were to try change the font type would I change this line:

I tried changing 'Frozen Crystal' to 'Helvetica' but it doesn't change, any ideas is it somewhere else?
I had a look and can't find it either.

Anyone else know where this is controlled? Phelix? :¬)
Old 02-20-2020, 06:24 AM   #1847
PhelixK

Quote:

Hi! you can change the font for transport status and Big clock in theme tweaker, next to last entry when filtering for "font". Also it's possible to adjust the window for the clock so it can fit Frozen Crystal.

Otherwise perhaps try the ‘Menlo’ font (standard for mac I believe), it has fixed width as well:

Last edited by PhelixK; 02-20-2020 at 06:30 AM.
PhelixK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 08:41 AM   #1848
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelixK View Post
Hi! you can change the font for transport status and Big clock in theme tweaker, next to last entry when filtering for "font". Also it's possible to adjust the window for the clock so it can fit Frozen Crystal.

Otherwise perhaps try the ‘Menlo’ font (standard for mac I believe), it has fixed width as well:

Always a gent Phelix!

Changing the transport font via theme tweaker makes no difference, it's bugged on OSX.

For some odd reason, the Big Clock font isn't monospaced, even though the font is? Weird.

@Ideosound - you'll to have to choose either time or bars. It's using both that causes the padding issue.
Old 02-20-2020, 08:48 AM   #1849
Funkybot

Quote:
Changing the transport font via theme tweaker makes no difference, it's bugged on OSX.
yeah, it's gotta be an OSX thing. It's working here on Windows.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 09:07 AM   #1850
PhelixK

Quote:
Always a gent Phelix!

For some odd reason, the Big Clock font isn't monospaced, even though the font is? Weird.

@Ideosound - you'll to have to choose either time or bars. It's using both that causes the padding issue.
Hi, hmm changing fonts with the tweaker is somewhat buggy and slow yes, but, it works here, only if I remember to make some font-size adjustment, by moving the size slider forth and back a little. Have you tried that?
Old 02-20-2020, 09:38 AM   #1851
Delucci

@bose
Oh, I see, thanks!
Delucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 09:56 AM   #1852
b0se

Quote:
Hi, hmm changing fonts with the tweaker is somewhat buggy and slow yes, but, it works here, only if I remember to make some font-size adjustment, by moving the size slider forth and back a little. Have you tried that?
Makes no difference here!
Old 02-20-2020, 10:17 AM   #1853
drummerboy

Default Tiny Reainsert Faders

I'm really enjoying working with this theme - so easy on the eyes for long sessions!

There's one thing, but I think it might have to do with Reaper 6 (it also happens on default theme):
The Input/Output faders in Reainsert are tiny (see tiny attachment of tiny screenshot due to tiny file-size restriction). Anything you could do about this?

Best
Frank
Attached Images
File Type: png Bildschirmfoto 2020-02-20 um 18.15.14.png (31.1 KB, 272 views)
drummerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 10:21 AM   #1854
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummerboy View Post
I'm really enjoying working with this theme - so easy on the eyes for long sessions!

There's one thing, but I think it might have to do with Reaper 6 (it also happens on default theme):
The Input/Output faders in Reainsert are tiny (see tiny attachment of tiny screenshot due to tiny file-size restriction). Anything you could do about this?

Best
Frank
Thanks Frank. If it happens on the default, it will for Smooth also. I'll check though!
Old 02-20-2020, 02:25 PM   #1855
Ideosound

Quote:
Hi thanks for the tip, filtering 'font' in theme action tweaker worked, I just changed it to good old Helvetica along with the rest of the walter fonts, now the big clock is fitting well. Adjusting the window size didn't work for me. The font scaled with the window size. Cheers!
Ideosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 03:31 AM   #1856
+NRG

b0se,

I had a chance to audition one of your songs and read your sci-fi story (included with each song). Very cool concept and music. When I get a chance I'll buy your music for sure! Big sci-fi fan...

I'm not using your theme (still using 5.99) but you have moved the bar and (I think) inspired others to dip into the theming waters.

*Big props to White Tie for giving us all so much to play with in V6!

The future looks bright to me! B)
Old 02-21-2020, 04:38 AM   #1857
b0se

Quote:
Hi thanks for the tip, filtering 'font' in theme action tweaker worked, I just changed it to good old Helvetica along with the rest of the walter fonts, now the big clock is fitting well. Adjusting the window size didn't work for me. The font scaled with the window size. Cheers!
Good old Helvetica :¬)

Quote:
Originally Posted by +NRG View Post
b0se,

I had a chance to audition one of your songs and read your sci-fi story (included with each song). Very cool concept and music. When I get a chance I'll buy your music for sure! Big sci-fi fan...

I'm not using your theme (still using 5.99) but you have moved the bar and (I think) inspired others to dip into the theming waters.

*Big props to White Tie for giving us all so much to play with in V6!

The future looks bright to me! B)
Thanks! Appreciate the listen :¬)

Sci-Fi fan: read Brandon Sanderson! Damn amazing author. Mistborn Trilogy and the Stormlight Archive are the two best series I've read (and I've read a lot of sci-fi) :¬)
Old 02-21-2020, 10:22 AM   #1858
+NRG

Quote:
Thanks! Appreciate the listen :¬)

Sci-Fi fan: read Brandon Sanderson! Damn amazing author. Mistborn Trilogy and the Stormlight Archive are the two best series I've read (and I've read a lot of sci-fi) :¬)
Thanks, will do!
Old 02-21-2020, 02:36 PM   #1859
Aledes

nice, very nice <3
Aledes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2020, 05:14 PM   #1860
Not_Here

Quote:
2.3 will be out this afternoon, just heading out for a belated valentines lunch!
am I not up to date on what's been happening? I saw on first page it was 2.1, so I've been waiting as I've seen this week mentioned for 2.3?

More than likely I'm missing up to date info, my normal..

Peace!
Old 02-21-2020, 11:27 PM   #1861
C-H

It looks good. Beats default easily.
Old 02-22-2020, 02:15 AM   #1862
geoffroy

I've been working with this theme the whole week and it's been super pleasant ! Thanks again !!

I would not mind a lighter version (especially for texts like track names, markers, indicators in the mcp, basically all the grey text). But maybe I can do that myself as a tutorial to theming

Thanks again, it's really a great theme !
Old 02-22-2020, 06:51 AM   #1863
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffroy View Post
I've been working with this theme the whole week and it's been super pleasant ! Thanks again !!

I would not mind a lighter version (especially for texts like track names, markers, indicators in the mcp, basically all the grey text). But maybe I can do that myself as a tutorial to theming

Enter “theme tweak” in the action list, run it, then search on the word text. You should see some color options to experiment with. No special theming skills required.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:08 AM   #1864
b0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aledes View Post
nice, very nice <3
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Here View Post
am I not up to date on what's been happening? I saw on first page it was 2.1, so I've been waiting as I've seen this week mentioned for 2.3?

More than likely I'm missing up to date info, my normal..

Peace!
A few things have popped up that needed attention (including life!) I'm going to jump straight to 2.5, since the theme is going to be split in two; OSX and Windows versions.

I'd rather not do that but getting the fonts correct across both systems (1080p and HiDPI also) has been more trouble than it's worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-H View Post
It looks good. Beats default easily.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffroy View Post

Glad you like it! As FunkyBot says it's quite easy to tweak yourself via the Theme Tweaker.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:33 AM   #1865
geoffroy

Thanks for the tip of the Theme Tweaker !
I could change some of the colors (like the timeline font color), but could not change the track titles on the TCP. Does anybody know which color it is ?
Old 02-22-2020, 10:38 AM   #1866
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDN View Post
Is it possible to pin the position of an element in the TCP? I'd love to be able to set my pan/width controls
top-right no matter how I resize.
You'd probably have to learn some basic Walter code and edit the RTConfig.
Old 02-22-2020, 11:29 AM   #1867
pipelineaudio
Mortal

REALLY loving this scene, used it in a commercial setting last night. My Biggest beef is that like so many themes, it can be extremely difficult to distinguish between selected and unselected items
pipelineaudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 04:45 PM   #1868
Quasar

Quote:
REALLY loving this scene, used it in a commercial setting last night. My Biggest beef is that like so many themes, it can be extremely difficult to distinguish between selected and unselected items
This is exactly my issue with most all themes too, and the only major reason why I'm still running v6 in a modified v5 theme. I have a dark gray for unselected tracks, and a very light, almost white gray for selected. The various track colors only appear in the track number box to the right, which is easy see at a glance without obscuring which track(s) are selected...

...I did download and try this out, and it's a very nice theme.
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:19 PM   #1869
Joe90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasar View Post
This is exactly my issue with most all themes too, and the only major reason why I'm still running v6 in a modified v5 theme. I have a dark gray for unselected tracks, and a very light, almost white gray for selected. The various track colors only appear in the track number box to the right, which is easy see at a glance without obscuring which track(s) are selected...

...I did download and try this out, and it's a very nice theme.
I had the same issue. There are two .pngs in the theme folder that control this. I think they are named something like 'item_bg' and 'item_bg_selected'. I copied these from the hydra theme into this theme folder, as the hydra ones have a subtle but clear orange outline on the selected items, and it's crystal clear for me now.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:23 PM   #1870
Quasar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I had the same issue. There are two .pngs in the theme folder that control this. I think they are named something like 'item_bg' and 'item_bg_selected'. I copied these from the hydra theme into this theme folder, as the hydra ones have a subtle but clear orange outline on the selected items, and it's crystal clear for me now.
Thanks for the idea. I've played a bunch with the tcp_bg.png, tcp_bgsel.png, mcp_bg.png and mcp_bgsel.png, but haven't really explored what might be done with the item_bg and item_bgsel... I'll give some variations of this a try.
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:30 PM   #1871
C-H

The only issue with the theme is that it's a bit washed out. A bit more contrast would not hurt.
I'd like the background a few shades darker to make text and bordres pop out a bit more.

There are so many settings in the action theme tweaker but can I do this with just a few color changes without 'breaking' the theme?
Old 02-22-2020, 06:46 PM   #1872
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by C-H View Post
The only issue with the theme is that it's a bit washed out. A bit more contrast would not hurt.
I'd like the background a few shades darker to make text and bordres pop out a bit more.

There are so many settings in the action theme tweaker but can I do this with just a few color changes without 'breaking' the theme?
I've made a few tweaks to font text, particularly the window text and window edit text. Some of those dark grays become light grays to improve legibility. That's easy enough.

What you can change via the tweaker (not talking about the script, talking about the "Theme development: show theme tweak configuration window" action) depends on what exactly you're looking to change. I'd estimate 95% of the visual elements are either in .png's which can be easily edited with basic photoshop-type skills or the by making changes in the Theme Tweak Configuration window. Trial and error is key, but it's rewarding stuff to do and a good Reaper skill to have.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:00 PM   #1873
Bouroki

I don't know if this is a "bug" or what, but in the Theme Adjuster in the "Align Controls" option, if you click until you reach "---" then it just gets stuck there and won't change with further clicking. I compared against the default theme and it doesn't have this behavior.

The ONLY other issue I have is the font scaling of the Transport (the selection area) which I believe someone else has mentioned here. Counting on the update to fix this.

Otherwise this is just perfect and I wouldn't want any other changes!
Bouroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 07:55 PM   #1874
C-H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I've made a few tweaks to font text, particularly the window text and window edit text. Some of those dark grays become light grays to improve legibility. That's easy enough.

What you can change via the tweaker (not talking about the script, talking about the "Theme development: show theme tweak configuration window" action) depends on what exactly you're looking to change. I'd estimate 95% of the visual elements are either in .png's which can be easily edited with basic photoshop-type skills or the by making changes in the Theme Tweak Configuration window. Trial and error is key, but it's rewarding stuff to do and a good Reaper skill to have.
Thx!
yeah, I figured it out and changed some colors and fonts for better readability. I won't spam this thread with pics but these are the changes I made:

Main window/transp background: 36/36/36
Main window 3D highlight: 71/71/71
Main window 3D shadow: 71/71/71

Toolbar button text: 238 218 77

I/O window text: 63 67 67
I/O window 3D highlight: 119 125 125
I/O window 3D shadow: 192 194 194

Empty arrange view area: 49 49 49

Volume/Pan label font: Bahnschrift / Regular / 8

Timeline background: 36 36 36
Timeline foreground: 238 218 77

Time selection fill mode: 0.10
Timeline background (in loop points): 206 191 104
Timeline font: Bahnschrift Regular 10

Transport status text: 238 218 77
transport status font: Verdana

Floating media item label: 255 164 119
Floating media item selected: 247 207 49
Media item label font: Bahnschiff regular 8
Media item background even/odd: 255 128 128
Media item background selected even/odd: 31 122 224
Media item background fill mode: 0.5
Media item offline text: 38 56 61

Track background odd tracks: 46 46 46
Track background even trackss: 56 56 56

Region lane background: 36 36 36

Marker lane background: 36 36 36
Old 02-23-2020, 04:41 AM   #1875
Arionas

Hello bose, thanks so much for the nicest theme!
I get this error when I'm going to open the Theme Adjustment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 18.30.24.jpg (59.3 KB, 235 views)
Old 02-23-2020, 07:49 AM   #1876
Xaviez

Quote:
I must say I agree with this, it'd be good if it was easier to discern selected from unselected in the timeline.
Xaviez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:53 AM   #1877
_Stevie_

That's basically an issue I have with ALL themes.
Old 02-23-2020, 09:00 AM   #1878
AugerJ

Default Distinguish selected from unselected items

Hi. If you really like some theme, but find that selected items need to stand out more,
there's free GIMP in which you could edit item_bg.png and/or item_bg_sel.png to your liking.
AugerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 09:30 AM   #1879
AugerJ

Default If Time selection color clouds the view

Actually, there's 6 colors in the Arrange area, apart from the Time selection color:
odd and even track background (2 colors)
plus selected and unselected muted and unmuted items (4 colors),
and each one should be perceptively different from the others.
"No, that's too easy, let's add one more color all over it to mess it all up"?
Yay! (adding Time selection color)

Dunno. If you like it that way...

As for me, I set Time selection color and MIDI editor time selection color to 0,0,0 (RGB) and their fill mode to Normal 0.00.
But!
I checked these boxes:
Preferences - Appearance — and on the right:
Solid edge on time selection highlight
and
Solid edge on loop selection.
So the Time selection isn't completely invisible.
You can see its borders which, I think, is crucial.
AugerJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 01:00 PM   #1880
Capsula

Quote:
Thanks!

A few things have popped up that needed attention (including life!) I'm going to jump straight to 2.5, since the theme is going to be split in two; OSX and Windows versions.

I'd rather not do that but getting the fonts correct across both systems (1080p and HiDPI also) has been more trouble than it's worth.

Thanks!

Glad you like it! As FunkyBot says it's quite easy to tweak yourself via the Theme Tweaker.
Hi Bose!
Where can I download the latest version of your theme? The first page contains version 2.1 only ...
Thnx!
Capsula is offline   Reply With Quote