Old 06-07-2021, 04:04 AM   #1281
Samuel_Meyer
Human being with feelings

Default Thousand Questions

Comming back with some questions. Couldn´t find answers yet in the web and wasn´t lucky by try to find it out on my own.
So here they are:

1.)
FX zones. Is it possible to work with some kind of subzones in an FX Zone

Especially with more complex plug ins like channelstripps or reverbs like the relab 480. It´s cool to have like a main menu from where one can dig deeper in the functionalities of the plugin.

Lets take the bx_console N plugin for Example:

Zone "vst3_bx_console N"
SelectedTrackNavigator

F1 GoZone "vst3_bx_console N" //works as Main Home Window
F2 GoZone "vst3_bx_console N Gate Section"
F3 GoZone "vst3_bx_console N Dynamic Section"
F3 GoZone "vst3_bx_console N EQ Section"

UpperDisplay1 ....
Rotary8 ....
ZoneEnd

Zone "vst3_bx_console N Gate Section"
SelectedTrackNavigator

UpperDisplay1 ....
Rotary8 ....
ZoneEnd

Zone "vst3_bx_console N Dynamic Section"
SelectedTrackNavigator

UpperDisplay1 ....
Rotary8 ....
ZoneEnd

Zone "vst3_bx_console N EQ Section"
SelectedTrackNavigator

UpperDisplay1 ....
Rotary8 ....
ZoneEnd

As soon as I hit one of the F Buttons, there is no more interaction with the actual plugin. I see Some changes happen on the controller (X-Touch) but nothing on the Plugin Gui? Is it possible at all?

How can I invert the function of a Rotary? I found the command "InvertFB" but these only inverts the led around the rotary. I´m looking for a way so that I can turn the rotary clockwise and the PluginGui movement will be counterclockwise.

Has anyone found out how to use the colors of the x-touch within CSI?

Greetings and THx to all participants in these great project
Samuel_Meyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 04:17 AM   #1282
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel_Meyer View Post

1. Yes. There is a conversation in the main thread about subzones with working examples a page or 2 back. You have the right idea but some things are wrong. Looking at the working examples will set you straight.

When you post code, wrap what you post in a code bracket like this:

[Bode]
Paste your code here
[/Bode]

Just change "Bode" to "Code"

2. Not sure on that one. What's the use case? I don't think we have ability as of right now.

3. Someone is working on x-touch colors and I believe has made some progress but I forget their username. I'm sure they will pop in here or someone else will recall.

Sorry for the limited help
cjewellstudios is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 02:02 AM   #1283
Samuel_Meyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjewellstudios View Post
1. Yes. There is a conversation in the main thread about subzones with working examples a page or 2 back. You have the right idea but some things are wrong. Looking at the working examples will set you straight.

p
Thx for your answer

Found it is on page 327.
But what I dont get: Is this subzone possibility already included in the build 1.0 from end of march or do i have to update on a newer version?
Old 06-08-2021, 02:08 AM   #1284
Samuel_Meyer

Quote:

2. Not sure on that one. What's the use case? I don't think we have ability as of right now.

I think the use is best explained with an example:
Let's take agein the brainworx channel N:
The layout of some of the encoders is reversed.

This is the LPF, and the Threshold of the Compressor.

It makes sense while using the gui but totally no sense with a rotary on a hardware device: With the LPF it is now that the highest frequency (18kHz) is fully counter clockwise and the lowest frequency is fully clockwise. It's counter intuitive to use a LPF like these.

same goes for the compressor threshold: lowest threshold is fully clockwise and highest fully counterclockwise.
Old 06-08-2021, 02:39 AM   #1285
cjewellstudios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel_Meyer View Post
I think the use is best explained with an example:
Let's take agein the brainworx channel N:
The layout of some of the encoders is reversed.

This is the LPF, and the Threshold of the Compressor.

It makes sense while using the gui but totally no sense with a rotary on a hardware device: With the LPF it is now that the highest frequency (18kHz) is fully counter clockwise and the lowest frequency is fully clockwise. It's counter intuitive to use a LPF like these.

same goes for the compressor threshold: lowest threshold is fully clockwise and highest fully counterclockwise.

Sorry!

Subzones are in the CSI EXP (experimental) builds, forgot to mention that. It will be in CSI 1.1 soon enough but you are welcome to test. The build is in the stash.

Some legwork is required to test the exp build though. You can now only have one zone per file. This is the way it's going to be moving forward in CSI 1.1

If you decide to do that again theres more complete discourse on the other thread but that's it in a nutshell, one zone per file.

Good point on reversing the encoder. I'm guessing that's something for down the road now that there is some refactoring to the main code going on but I dont want to speak for Geoff
Old 06-09-2021, 10:11 AM   #1286
UNdark

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
...and if you hold down the Alt key you can select blocks of text vertically
That! ..is a tip top tip!!
Old 06-10-2021, 06:58 PM   #1287
Cragster

Hi evryone. Im having lots of trouble with the new FX menu slot style feature.

was hoping i could ask some questions and maybe get some feedback on how you guys are using it.

Just not understanding i guess. I got the send slot and receive slot the way i want it. Im using 4 8 channel surfaces . with sends and receives i have surface A broadcasting and B C D receiving. when i enter the send slot zone all the tracks across all 4 surfaces display the sends and i can bank through them and choose etc etc

Same with receives. All good i love it

Then comes the FX menu slot stuff. Im trying to use it the same way as above. The slot menu appears across all 4 surfaces and i want to bank through the slots on whatever track , choose the fx i want to work on , map it ,open it up etc etc.

only thats not whats happening.A whole array of weirdness happens lol

Is this how you guys use it ?

I have surface A broadcasting MapTrackFXMenusSlotToWidgets and the other 3 receiving it.

I have this zone in every surface folder(except for the slot bank buttons-broadcasting surface A is the only one that has banking buttons)
Code:
Zone "FXMenuSlot"
     FXMenuSlotNavigator
     DisplayUpper| TrackNameDisplay 
     DisplayLower| FXMenuNameDisplay 
     Rotary| NoAction
     RotaryPush| Reaper "_S&M_FLOATFX|"
     RotaryPush| GoFXSlot
     ChannelLeft FXMenuSlotBank "-1"
     ChannelRight FXMenuSlotBank "1"  
ZoneEnd
I have my FX plugin zone files folder in every surface folder. So all 4 surfaces are able to map the plugins to the controls.

I have a button on Surface A to MapTrackFXMenusSlotToWidgets. So when i hit that button the fx menu comes up accross all 4 surfaces. Now all i want is to do is bank through the fx on all tracks choose what i want to work on hit rotarypush (GoFXSlot) and map and display the plugin on which ever surface the track is on...do my tweaking...then go back to the menu...or gozone home if im done with fx.

Is this how this FXSlot menu stuff is supposed to work ?

1st- I can only cleanly bank through the fx when no tracks are selected

2nd- If a track is selected and i bank some random fx instantly gets mapped always to surface A.

3-once i have a fx mapped on one of the surfaces how do i get back to the menu when im done with that FX. Do i have to gozonehome evry time ?

I dont know im probly not using this how its intended to be used and im sure i have something wrong. I just really like this style. love it for sends.

I am VERY sorry for this long annoying post. Im just gonna be closed down soon in a move for a few months and im trying to get CSI as up to date as i can before

I guess im just hoping for any advice ,usage, tricks or help concerning this FX slot style of working

Thanks everyone

Look at the bright side .You all gonna get a long break from me asking stupid CSI questions
Cragster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 07:57 PM   #1288
Funkybot

Cragster, best bet...backup your csi.ini and make a new copy of your .zon folder to test with, then take everything out EXCEPT the FX Slot zone. So you'll point CSI to your test zone folder, which will only have the home.zon and fxslot.zon's. Just try to get the slot working by itself. Maybe you'll need a very reduced button zone include in there to go back home. Then once you get that working, add in Sends. Do those still work? If yes, add in the channels.

It's tedious, but you'll get there. And if you can't get it working with just the one zone and nothing else, then get rid of all the broadcast stuff and remove the other surfaces to see if it works on just one surface. If yes, then maybe the issue is in the broadcast code or setup.

You just want to troubleshoot by breaking things down to the most basic possible setup and go step by step.

Otherwise, .zip up your whole setup. Maybe something will stick out to someone. But I think your best bet is to take it one step at a time.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 03:22 AM   #1289
MST

Good day, got a question or 2 which are (probably)a bit complex, so I start with a few easy ones so I can learn and become prepared to understand better later..

First, I use the TrackBank action to go move a bank back and forth, but can it also be used to give widgets fixed position actions ? (like first widget beginning at track 1, second beginning at track 17, third beginning at track 33 etc.)

And second, I made MaschineJam mst and zone files, and remember reading somewhere that the 2state-button-widget feedback-states could be altered in the zone file by adding it after the action, but I can't remember or find how this worked, can someone help me out ?

Last edited by MST; 06-11-2021 at 03:28 AM.
MST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 05:26 AM   #1290
ivanmihaljevic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST View Post
And second, I made MaschineJam mst and zone files, and remember reading somewhere that the 2state-button-widget feedback-states could be altered in the zone file by adding it after the action, but I can't remember or find how this worked, can someone help me out ?
You want to invert the feedback that gets sent to the widget, did I get that right?
If yes, you need the InvertFB modifier!
This would be the syntax:

Code:
InvertFB+Widget Action
ivanmihaljevic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 06:59 AM   #1291
MST

Hi ivanmihaljevic, thanks for reacting, no, any value, similar like the Novation Launchpads, most knobs get there indexed color states from 2 values, B0 01 xxonecolor, and B0 01 xxothercolor.
The MaschineJam has no displays (but is handy in other ways) so I want to set the on/of states of the colors independently for easy navigating.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:04 AM   #1292
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST View Post
First, I use the TrackBank action to go move a bank back and forth, but can it also be used to give widgets fixed position actions ? (like first widget beginning at track 1, second beginning at track 17, third beginning at track 33 etc.)
I'm not aware of any way to do that. Can you elaborate more on the use case? Maybe someone will come up with another way.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:23 AM   #1293
MST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
I'm not aware of any way to do that. Can you elaborate more on the use case? Maybe someone will come up with another way.
I have the x-touch and MaschineJam hooked up as a 16 channel board, and like to go to any 16ch bank with one press of a button, like preset banks.
At the moment the best I kan do is, button1 TrackBank "-128", button2 TrackBank "8", button3 TrackBank "16", button4 TrackBank "32", button5 TrackBank "48", button6 TrackBank "64", button7 TrackBank "80", button8 TrackBank "96", so I tend to first press the first button, and then the other so I get where I want to be.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:52 AM   #1294
Funkybot

Ah, I see. You may want to pop over to the main CSI thread and put in a feature request:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143

Maybe Geoff could code something like a "BankToTrack" action that will jump to the selected track. Like...

Code:
SomeButton            BanktoTrack "1"
SomeOtherButton       BankToTrack "17"
YetAnotherButton      BankToTrack "33"
Old 06-11-2021, 08:25 AM   #1295
MST

Quote:
Ah, I see. You may want to pop over to the main CSI thread and put in a feature request:

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=183143

Maybe Geoff could code something like a "BankToTrack" action that will jump to the selected track. Like...

Code:
SomeButton            BanktoTrack "1"
SomeOtherButton       BankToTrack "17"
YetAnotherButton      BankToTrack "33"
Ah that would be great, thanks for the suggestion(s), I will repeat the question in the Control Surface Integration (CSI) Project Development, Features, Ideas, Discussion thread.
Old 06-11-2021, 09:58 AM   #1296
floc

With Console1 when I map a plugin with Stepped parameters (think of an API eq gain and frequency) the knobs (they are Fader widgets in .mst) have a strange behaviour. When I turn a knob CCW It accelerates very fast across the values while CW it is much slower and sometimes erratic. This is a behaviour I only get with stepped knobs parameters in plugins...is it normal ? anything I can do ?
Thank you in advance for your help
floc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:01 AM   #1297
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by floc View Post
With Console1 when I map a plugin with Stepped parameters (think of an API eq gain and frequency) the knobs (they are Fader widgets in .mst) have a strange behaviour. When I turn a knob CCW It accelerates very fast across the values while CW it is much slower and sometimes erratic. This is a behaviour I only get with stepped knobs parameters in plugins...is it normal ? anything I can do ?
Thank you in advance for your help
Stepped parameters are only available for encoders -- the Console 1 Rotaries are 7 bit faders.

Wiki -- https://github.com/GeoffAWaddington/...ntegrator/wiki
Geoff Waddington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 10:16 AM   #1298
floc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Stepped parameters are only available for encoders -- the Console 1 Rotaries are 7 bit faders.
Thanks Geoff for the quick answer. Yes I know if fact they are mapped as Faders in the .mst.
What I am describing is the if I assign a Fader/Knob in a .zon file to parameter which is stepped in a VST (es: the gain in an API500 EQ) it works but moving the knob CCW goes much faster from 1 to 0 than the opposite (from 0 to 1). CW it scroll through the VST values but it's much slower. I am trying to figure out why ..any idea?
floc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 02:13 PM   #1299
spkr4thdd

Quote:

3. Someone is working on x-touch colors and I believe has made some progress but I forget their username. I'm sure they will pop in here or someone else will recall.

Sorry for the limited help
Hey Samuel,

I have a document which was created by someone when the X-Touch devices were first released that gives the detail of the codes/values required to use the colours on them, but it seems they're only available using the XCTL protocol for the X-Touch devices.

Also, I'm not sure if Geoff has provided us a way to send the hex/ascii codes to get the colour values sent to the displays?

I'll dig out the document and send it over if you want to try?
Old 06-12-2021, 04:19 PM   #1300
spkr4thdd

Default TrackTouch

Is the FaderTouch/TrackTouch function still in and working In 1.0?

I've just come back into this after a while away and I'm pretty much reconfiguring my main .zon file so I can break it into small specific files when the next release comes, but I can't seem to get any response from touching my faders on the X-Touch?

It used to work really well, selecting the track, changing the lower display to show volume rather than pan etc, and now nothing?
Old 06-12-2021, 04:34 PM   #1301
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by floc View Post
Thanks Geoff for the quick answer. Yes I know if fact they are mapped as Faders in the .mst.
What I am describing is the if I assign a Fader/Knob in a .zon file to parameter which is stepped in a VST (es: the gain in an API500 EQ) it works but moving the knob CCW goes much faster from 1 to 0 than the opposite (from 0 to 1). CW it scroll through the VST values but it's much slower. I am trying to figure out why ..any idea?
Ah, got it.

That's just due to the manufacturer's mapping.

That's actually why we implemented Stepped/Accelerated parameters -- there's some downright ugly VSTs out there

Old 06-12-2021, 04:36 PM   #1302
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkr4thdd View Post

I've just come back into this after a while away and I'm pretty much reconfiguring my main .zon file so I can break it into small specific files when the next release comes, but I can't seem to get any response from touching my faders on the X-Touch?

It used to work really well, selecting the track, changing the lower display to show volume rather than pan etc, and now nothing?
It's gone in 1.0, but is back in Exp, which will soon become v1.1, check the design discussion thread if you are interested, Exp is pretty stable...

Old 06-12-2021, 04:37 PM   #1303
Funkybot

Quote:

They were gone in 1.0 and back in 1.1 (which is in an experimental, let's say "alpha" state at the moment). The good news is 1.1 should literally be out in some days. I think Geoff was targeting this week, but you know how software development goes, maybe a little longer if something comes up.

The not-so-good news is: there are a lot of changes in 1.1 so you're going to have to update your surface .zon files. It will only be one zone per .zon file (so your single surface .zon will become many), and several navigator names have changed. But trust me, it'll be worth it.
Old 06-13-2021, 03:30 AM   #1304
spkr4thdd

Quote:
They were gone in 1.0 and back in 1.1 (which is in an experimental, let's say "alpha" state at the moment). The good news is 1.1 should literally be out in some days. I think Geoff was targeting this week, but you know how software development goes, maybe a little longer if something comes up.

The not-so-good news is: there are a lot of changes in 1.1 so you're going to have to update your surface .zon files. It will only be one zone per .zon file (so your single surface .zon will become many), and several navigator names have changed. But trust me, it'll be worth it.
Yeah, it's been a little over a year since I really played with CSI and I've seen some huge changes/improvements discussed during the that time on the forum.

I think I'll break up my zon files today in prep for 1.1; from what I've seen it will really make some quite significant changes/improvements. My biggest deal breaker for 'walking away' from CSI previously was the FX reliability issues with losing focus, not mapping controls consistently from zon files etc, but I see there has been loads of work on the FX/Send/Receive zones so here' hoping!

Might even play with CSI Exp? I'll need the sub zones enabled as well as TrackTouch etc to fit my workflow...

I'm still blown away by the flexibility of CSI, and I'll now hopefully have time again to get my 'engineering' head on and dig deep into the configs to get this right.
Old 06-14-2021, 11:00 AM   #1305
WaveTrans

Haven´t been looking for a while.
The progress on CSI is impressive.

Will there be the old "linking surfaces" option back in CSI v1.1 or is the whole concept obsolete considering the current developments?
WaveTrans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 11:51 AM   #1306
spkr4thdd

Okay, I seem to have had a meltdown memory wise...

I previously had a zone called 'ChannelView' which rolled a single channel across the 8 faders/rotaries as follows:

F1/R1 - Volume
F2/R2 - Pan
R3-5 - FX Slot 1-3
R6-8 - Send Slot 1-3 Pan
F6-8 - Send Slot 6-8 Volume

It used to show the FX Name and TrackPan/Volume on the lower displays of 3-8 with touch for the pan/volume change.

It's now showing/controlling 1 FX over 3-5 and 1 Send channel over 6-8.

Can I specify the FX/Send slot for the TrackSendPan/TrackSendVolume actions now? If so, how? Is it as easy as 'TrackSendPan1' or 'TrackSendPan 1'? Or is this now not possible with the new mapping/navigation?
Old 06-15-2021, 05:40 AM   #1307
MixMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaveTrans View Post
Haven´t been looking for a while.
The progress on CSI is impressive.

Will there be the old "linking surfaces" option back in CSI v1.1 or is the whole concept obsolete considering the current developments?

Linking is back in the form of Broadcast/Receive, eg, in the MCU Home Zone:
Code:
	OnInitialization SetBroadcastGoFXSlot
	OnInitialization SetBroadcastGoZone 
	OnInitialization SetBroadcastMapTrackSendsSlotToWidgets
	OnInitialization SetBroadcastMapTrackFXMenusSlotToWidgets
c/w, in the C4 Home Zone:
Code:
	OnInitialization SetReceiveGoFXSlot
	OnInitialization SetReceiveGoZone
[code]
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 05:42 AM   #1308
MixMonkey

Quote:
Is it as easy as 'TrackSendPan1' or 'TrackSendPan 1'?
'TrackSendPan1' should work.
MixMonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 11:09 AM   #1309
spkr4thdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMonkey View Post
'TrackSendPan1' should work.
Okay, I'm tying myself in knots here...

Code:
Zone "ChannelView"
	SelectedTrackNavigator

/ ASSIGNMENTS

Track			GoZone			"Home"
/	EQ			Reaper			"41757"
/	Send	 		MapSelectedTrackSendsToWidgets
/	Plugin			GoZone		"FXMenu"
/	Instrument		NoAction

/ FUNCTIONS

F1			Reaper		"_S&M_TOGLFLOATFX1"
	F2			Reaper		"_S&M_TOGLFLOATFX2"
	F3			Reaper		"_S&M_TOGLFLOATFX3"
	F4			Reaper		"_S&M_TOGLFLOATFX4"

/ Rotaries & Displays

DisplayUpper1		FixedTextDisplay	"Volume"
	DisplayLower1		TrackVolumeDisplay
	Rotary1			NoAction
	Fader1			TrackVolume

DisplayUpper2		FixedTextDisplay	"Pan"
	DisplayLower2		TrackPanDisplay
	Rotary2			TrackPan
	Fader2			NoAction

DisplayUpper3		FixedTextDisplay	"FX 1"
	DisplayLower3		FXNameDisplay 1
	Rotary3			NoAction
	RotaryPush3		GoFXSlot1
	RotaryPush3		Reaper			"_S&M_TOGLFLOATFX1"
	Fader3			NoAction

DisplayUpper4		FixedTextDisplay	"FX 2"
	DisplayLower4		FXNameDisplay 2
	Rotary4			NoAction
	RotaryPush4		GoFXSlot 2
	RotaryPush4		Reaper			"_S&M_TOGLFLOATFX2"
	Fader4			NoAction

DisplayUpper5		FixedTextDisplay	"FX 3"
	DisplayLower5		FXNameDisplay 3
	Rotary5			NoAction
	RotaryPush5		GoFXSlot "3"
	RotaryPush5		Reaper			"_S&M_TOGLFLOATFX3"
	Fader5			NoAction

DisplayUpper6		FixedTextDisplay	"Send 1"
	DisplayLower6		TrackSendPanDisplay1
	Rotary6			TrackSendPan1
	Fader6			TrackSendVolume1

DisplayUpper7		FixedTextDisplay	"Send 2"
	DisplayLower7		TrackSendPanDisplay 2
	Rotary7			TrackSendPan 2
	Fader7			TrackSendVolume 2

DisplayUpper8		FixedTextDisplay	"Send 3"
	DisplayLower8		TrackSendPanDisplay "3"
	Rotary8			TrackSendPan "3"
	Fader8			TrackSendVolume "3"
ZoneEnd
This is with an X-Touch and the latest version of CSI V1.0

I decided to try the 3 FX slots/sends with a version of the text. From the above, here's what happens:

Tracks 3 displays nothing in the lower display.
Tracks 4-5 display the word 'Channel' lower display, regardless of the FX in the slot.
The rotary pushes 3-5 correctly float the FX in slots 1-3, but do 'go' to he slots.
Track 6 displays nothing in the lower display, the fader and rotary do nothing.
Track 7-8 both display the pan value for send 1, rotaries control pan for send 1 and faders control send volume for send 1 Rotaries and faders move as if grouped/locked.

It could be something really simple., but I'm really not seeing it?

Last edited by spkr4thdd; 06-15-2021 at 11:17 AM.
spkr4thdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 04:29 AM   #1310
cjewellstudios

Has anybody had success with the new TouchOSC?

I got to a point last night where I have feedback but no control. Also I imported a layout from mk1 and it seems to have local feedback on by default. I tried a couple things that I figured might turn that off but couldn't figure it out. Gotta get a connection first, though.

I'd love to use it because I am finally starting to wrap my head around the new editor. There are a couple new features that will be so great with CSI.

Pager I can see being really good for subzones. I *think* that the current architecture that changes osc pages when you gozone to it would work right out of the gate.

And Radio buttons. I'm thinking of "A B C D" banks on the top of Plugin Alliance plugs. It's all one parameter and I'm pretty sure it would would work as you would expect.

They would also be fantastic for meters if you align them vertically. Potentially you could use three radio button widgets stacked vertically on top of eachother and color them green yellow and red. Then assign them to the output meter but with range restriction. Man idk. I'm definitely trying that as soon as I get a working connection.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:11 AM   #1311
Funkybot

Quote:
Has anybody had success with the new TouchOSC?

I got to a point last night where I have feedback but no control. Also I imported a layout from mk1 and it seems to have local feedback on by default. I tried a couple things that I figured might turn that off but couldn't figure it out. Gotta get a connection first, though.

I'd love to use it because I am finally starting to wrap my head around the new editor. There are a couple new features that will be so great with CSI.

Pager I can see being really good for subzones. I *think* that the current architecture that changes osc pages when you gozone to it would work right out of the gate.

And Radio buttons. I'm thinking of "A B C D" banks on the top of Plugin Alliance plugs. It's all one parameter and I'm pretty sure it would would work as you would expect.

They would also be fantastic for meters if you align them vertically. Potentially you could use three radio button widgets stacked vertically on top of eachother and color them green yellow and red. Then assign them to the output meter but with range restriction. Man idk. I'm definitely trying that as soon as I get a working connection.
I've been using it for a few days now without issue. Nothing fancy, just basically took my existing FX Twister template, brought it in, resized some stuff. The connections all work though.

I'd run through all the basics of:

1. Double check your .zon folder
2. Double check the IP addresses (Host and Local IP for device)
3. Double check the ports (particularly if it's sending messages but not getting them - that indicates port problem)
4. Restart Reaper (in my experience, OSC connection changes require a restart - I never got it to just connect following IP changes with a refresh all surfaces)
5. If it's still not working, pop open the CSI Monitor Input from Surfaces action and see what's talking to what
Old 06-18-2021, 12:29 PM   #1312
gtrcomposer

Default Template for behringer CMD DV-1

Hello All,
Does anyone happen to have a template for the behringer CMD DV-1 or know if an existing template would work with this controller. I tried MCU and it's useless. Many thanks!!
gtrcomposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2021, 12:36 PM   #1313
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrcomposer View Post
Hello All,
Does anyone happen to have a template for the behringer CMD DV-1 or know if an existing template would work with this controller. I tried MCU and it's useless. Many thanks!!
Looks like it'll work as just a straight MIDI controller. You'll likely to have to make your own .mst and .zon files, but that's not too difficult.

Basically just set the device up to function in a MIDI mode, use some kind of MIDI monitor, and press buttons and move knobs. For instance, if pressing the play button shows these message in the MIDI monitor:

90 3c 7f 90 3c 00

You would create a widget in the .mst (open a basic ASCII text editor and save with the .mst extension) like this:

Code:
Widget Play
	Press 90 3c 7f 90 3c 00
	FB_TwoState 90 3c 7f 90 3c 00
WidgetEnd
If turning the rotary transmits these values:

b0 00 00 up to b0 00 7f

Then you'd create a rotary widget like this:

Code:
Widget Rotary1
	Fader7Bit b0 00 7f
	FB_Fader7Bit b0 00 00
WidgetEnd
Do that once for all buttons and rotaries, save it as an .mst, then start creating the .zon file.

Compare against existing files.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:28 PM   #1314
cjewellstudios

Quote:
I've been using it for a few days now without issue. Nothing fancy, just basically took my existing FX Twister template, brought it in, resized some stuff. The connections all work though.

I'd run through all the basics of:

1. Double check your .zon folder
2. Double check the IP addresses (Host and Local IP for device)
3. Double check the ports (particularly if it's sending messages but not getting them - that indicates port problem)
4. Restart Reaper (in my experience, OSC connection changes require a restart - I never got it to just connect following IP changes with a refresh all surfaces)
5. If it's still not working, pop open the CSI Monitor Input from Surfaces action and see what's talking to what
Thanks, as usual, for the methodical approach

Still not getting anywhere. What's super strange is I can open up mk1 and have two way communication and then open up mk2 (after closing mk1) and only get feedback, no control. Same IP address and port info. UDP enabled. I do believe everything is correct after triple checking. CSI monitor confirms what I'm seeing. No input from the surface at all and all the feedback is going out.

I emailed Hexler back just to see if he had any ideas.
Old 06-18-2021, 07:59 PM   #1315
Funkybot

Quote:
Thanks, as usual, for the methodical approach

Still not getting anywhere. What's super strange is I can open up mk1 and have two way communication and then open up mk2 (after closing mk1) and only get feedback, no control. Same IP address and port info. UDP enabled. I do believe everything is correct after triple checking. CSI monitor confirms what I'm seeing. No input from the surface at all and all the feedback is going out.

I emailed Hexler back just to see if he had any ideas.
This might be a dumb but, when you click that "link" icon (not the Wifi icon) in the new TouchOSC, it opens the Connections window. Are you on the OSC tab and not the MIDI tab? It defaults to MIDI. You probably are but figured I'd ask. You want to set it up on the OSC tab of course.

If yes to the OSC tab, when you click a widget in the TouchOSC Editor, then hit the settings for that widget and scroll down to "Messages," do you see an OSC row under "Messages?" Open that up. Do you have: Enabled, Send, and Receive all checked? Keep feedback off.

If that doesn't solve it, I can send you my files or you can send me yours if you want to cross-check.
Old 06-18-2021, 08:13 PM   #1316
cjewellstudios

Quote:
This might be a dumb but, when you click that "link" icon (not the Wifi icon) in the new TouchOSC, it opens the Connections window. Are you on the OSC tab and not the MIDI tab? It defaults to MIDI. You probably are but figured I'd ask. You want to set it up on the OSC tab of course.

If yes to the OSC tab, when you click a widget in the TouchOSC Editor, then hit the settings for that widget and scroll down to "Messages," do you see an OSC row under "Messages?" Open that up. Do you have: Enabled, Send, and Receive all checked? Keep feedback off.

If that doesn't solve it, I can send you my files or you can send me yours if you want to cross-check.

Yeah that's all there.

You can send me your file and I'll check it! Whenever you get the chance.
Old 06-19-2021, 11:25 AM   #1317
Funkybot

Quote:
Yeah that's all there.

You can send me your file and I'll check it! Whenever you get the chance.
Just posted my files here:

https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...ostcount=13911
Old 06-21-2021, 03:47 PM   #1318
spkr4thdd

Okay, I decided not to use MCUTrackPan on my rotaries for some reason the other day and bound the 'Pan/Surround' Encoder Assign button to the 'PanWidth' zone:

Code:
 Zone "PanWidth"

Pan			GoZone		"Home"
	TrackNavigator
	DisplayLower|		TrackPanWidthDisplay
	Rotary|			TrackPanWidth	"1"

ZoneEnd
In 1.0 this worked perfectly, activating when I pressed the Pan button and returning to normal TrackPan when I pressed it again.

I've split my zones into separate files and switched to 1.1. This is the only one of my stub zones which isn't working now? Anyone any ideas?
Old 06-21-2021, 04:11 PM   #1319
Geoff Waddington

Quote:
Okay, I decided not to use MCUTrackPan on my rotaries for some reason the other day and bound the 'Pan/Surround' Encoder Assign button to the 'PanWidth' zone:

Code:
 Zone "PanWidth"

Pan			GoZone		"Home"
	TrackNavigator
	DisplayLower|		TrackPanWidthDisplay
	Rotary|			TrackPanWidth	"1"

ZoneEnd
In 1.0 this worked perfectly, activating when I pressed the Pan button and returning to normal TrackPan when I pressed it again.

I've split my zones into separate files and switched to 1.1. This is the only one of my stub zones which isn't working now? Anyone any ideas?
Yup, Navigator must be on the very next line after Zone.

Old 06-21-2021, 04:18 PM   #1320
spkr4thdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Waddington View Post
Yup, Navigator must be on the very next line after Zone.
Geoff, thanks.

Definite head in hands moment....

Time for bed!!