Old 12-06-2018, 08:30 PM   #1
smpbabyblue
Human being with feelings

Default Convert all tracks to wav for export

I want to convert all my tracks to wav so they can be used by another engineer. Keeping them all together but individually editable.
smpbabyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:20 PM   #2
vdubreeze

Will they be using a different DAW? If it's just a question of giving them a Reaper project but with audio converted to wav you can Save As and change the format in the choices at the bottom. If it's for another DAW the easiest way to do it depends on how many separate items are on each track and how much of the separate files you need them to have. If they just want the complete tracks and If there are only a few tracks you can just "glue" the items together per track and have each one start at bar 1. If there are many tracks, this is a good explanation of how to render out complete separate track files:

https://www.doctormix.com/blog/how-t...acks-in-reaper

You should also check the manual for what Consolidate does and see if it will suit. If they want the separate items on each track, Reaper audio is time stamped, so their DAW can import each track's files onto a single track and then be told to go to their original time stamp, which may not be perfect, due to how files overlap, but it's simple to tweak that. If there are many tracks and they need them each not turned into single files per track the best option is to buy AATranslator, which can do the compatible export. There are a few export formats DAWs have used to transfer between different ones, but Reaper doesn't support their export enough to count on (last I checked, others will know more about that) and then there's if the other DAW can import them. So generally AATranslator is the way to go for, for example, exporting an entire Reaper project and importing it into ProTools or Cubase or etc.

I often move my Reaper projects into ProTools and Digital Performer for use by others and I just use the exporting of complete single file per track.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:53 PM   #3
cassembler

Quote:
Originally Posted by smpbabyblue View Post
I want to convert all my tracks to wav so they can be used by another engineer. Keeping them all together but individually editable.
Look up "rendering stems," might be what you're looking for.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:11 AM   #4
Philbo King

Iy's realy simple if you want to export the WAVs pre-effect: Just copy them from the project folder.

If there are any short items that don't run the entire length of the song, render a song-length stem for each track, so every WAV starts at the same point in time. That way whoever imports them doesn't have to guess where they should go in their new project.