Old 09-29-2012, 05:25 AM   #41
Seventh
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyaben View Post
Anyone else missing some of the theme elements?

I still haven't figured out how to get the theme to use the default toolbar icons. In the meantime you could right-click the menu and change the icons manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyerbass View Post
I really like this theme
on my opignion the M S IO FX looks a bit too big, they lloks traped into the dark square, too close to the edge especially for fx, maybe it would be more breathy if you make thos letters a bit smaller
Well, yes, maybe. I'll try a smaller font size and see if that fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastrite View Post
I don't know if this was asked before, but would you consider making a horizontal version of your MCP-fader for the TCP? So not a knob but an identical horizontal fader with the same height of the other MCP-elements. And perhaps a Pan/Width element for the TCP? I like to work without the mixer.
Maybe. I don't like overpopulating the TCP too much, but I might make a layout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henric View Post
I'm missing the pan knobs here, just seeing a black circle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyaben View Post
Did you intend for tracks within track folders to show like this?

Weird. Looks like some of the elements are getting lost in the process. I tried downloading it from the stash and for me it worked fine. Nyaben: If you mean the indents, then yes. But the folder indicator images should show as + and - signs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyerbass View Post
for instance the in mixer, the io and fx buttons are not in the center, it's bvious when fx are bypassed, there is a larger orange zone on the side
Good catch.
Seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:54 AM   #42
nyaben

Thanks, it's already a great theme and is getting better all the time!
nyaben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:51 AM   #43
sinkmusic

Location: decepticon mothership in a hidden place inside a mountain

It looks good !
Thank you
sinkmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:06 AM   #44
devez

I've been using this theme now for few days, and it is really well done, so thank you Seventh
devez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:40 AM   #45
Seventh

1.10. Added layout: extended tcp with volume knob and fx. Added input fx when recarmed to tcp layouts with fx. Fixed some PNGs and alignments. (the mcp fx button is now properly aligned and shaded)

Thanks for the encouragement everyone! Please keep reporting bugs if you still find any.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #46
hopi

Seventh... here's a thought for you:

when using separators in certain ways problems can come up like this...

IF you use a track inspector in a screen set [which I do] and have that at the left of the tcp track panels, then it is set to scroll so it shows ONLY the currently selected track... right?

OK, so when we have separtors involved we want them to be more narrow when seen in the mcp... right? that is as it should be..

BUT when they show in the track inspector, I [for one] want them to be the same as the normal [or default] width of a track in the mcp... that way, if you happen to clk on a sep in the tcp, the indpector just shows a total blank...

Now I have done this in a few themes with a layout for Narrow Sep in MCP and then another for Wide Sep in MCP...

it's really not much to add... just a folder and some rtconfig code...

Now I might add, I do a thing with making a template for both separators and load them that way.. and I name them with 9 spaces and no other characters in their names... which then let's me make a reaconsole file [action] that will select all tracks with that name and then another action to set them to either of two custom layout [screensets window] actions... one for wide and one for narrow...

This all lets me have them wide when in the tcp with track inspector view [my basic screen set F7] and narrow in the floating mixer view [my second screen set F8]

does that make sense to you?

Actually I now have sets of those various acitons chained so that a toolbar icon gives me the tcp view as I want it and another toolbar icon gives me the floating mixer as I want it.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:08 AM   #47
m1ck300668UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo View Post
Nice! I really dig the flat abletonishness
I was thinking Bitwig lol, but i'll definately download it...looks really nice.
m1ck300668UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #48
nightscope

Great theme in so many ways. The mute and solo buttons are the right size and colour for my MCU and I love almost everything about this theme.

But the mixer is a total mess with folders which is a pity. If I use this I will use busses instead 'cos it would kill me to stare at all those steps all day.

Many thanx fer this an' I hope you can sort out a better solution for the mixer folder thang.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard.jpg (43.5 KB, 323 views)
nightscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:54 AM   #49
Seventh

I can make a layout which doesn't have the indents. Again, the folder icons in the mcp are messed up, they should show as + and - signs and not as those ugly folder images

I'm yet to find a cause for this problem. The weird thing is that it works fine on my main install of Reaper, but if I use the theme on a portable installation, some of the stuff doesn't display correctly. I'll try to investigate it..

Hopi: yeah I would add a narrower separator for the mixer, but there's no way to automatically change the layout depending on the screenset. A narrow separator would look good with a full screen mixer, but it'd be messed up in the inspector.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #50
Morpion

Just wanted to drop in to say that I frickin' love this theme! Been getting a bit tired of the (admittedly beautiful) console emulations that are kicking around at the moment, and I'm really happy that there's someone looking at things from a different perspective. Looking forward to seeing how it progresses!
Old 10-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #51
nightscope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh View Post
I can make a layout which doesn't have the indents.
That would be great, I think the mixer view would benefit from this cosmetic tweak as the faders would all be nicely aligned.

Quote:
Again, the folder icons in the mcp are messed up, they should show as + and - signs and not as those ugly folder images
OK, I see.

ns
Old 10-12-2012, 11:57 AM   #52
Seventh

I've got some free time ahead now, so I'll try to fix these little annoyances still present in the near future
Old 10-12-2012, 02:54 PM   #53
hopi

Seventh... can't you just include the icons you want to really see from the toolbar_icons folder in the theme itself?

I know that people who want to use your theme would then see double icons for those when picking icons for a toolbar, but that's no big deal IMO...
Old 10-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #54
Seventh

Hopi: I tried doing that, and it in fact didn't double the icons in the browser. Instead it got rid of the background for some reason, even though I didn't replace the png responsible for that. I'm a bit confused here but I think I'll work it out sooner or later.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:02 AM   #55
classic

Quote:
I hope you like gray =)

The theme contains some elements and colors from the default theme (modified transport bg, envelope colors, item buttons..), and from the RADO Vox theme by Vstyler (MIDI editor note bg colors are perfect, trying to change them just made it worse ). Also the MCP folder indent hack was originally devised by WT.

Screenshots and suggested layouts:

https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/1067/ReaLax.ReaperThemeZip

This is a beta version so please report here if you find any bugs or incosistencies, which you probably will.

Mac users might have to change some of the fonts, since the ones I used aren't probably compatible with OSX.

Here's a MIDI note color map to use with this theme. I downloaded it a long time ago from the stash so I'm not sure who made it, but it works well with the 2D look and the color scheme of the MIDI editor.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/14081178/Re...e_colormap.png

Recommended metering preferences (this way the meter color ranges match: inf to -24 green, -23 to -6 yellow, over -6 red). Also the lower setting is optional to set the fader zero point higher (if you don't need the additional range). Looks better imo.

Updates:
24.9. Cleaned up some PNGs and changed a few colors

24.9. 2: fixed some PNGs, added input fx and envelope state indicators to MCP, and made the track selection indication in TCP more prominent

24.9. 3: Font reafinements and other fine-tuning

25.9. Improved transport compatibility for smaller resolutions, uploaded a MIDI note color map

28.9. Added layouts: Transport with separate repeat button, mcp separator. Made toolbar button depressed state lighter.

1.10. Added layout: extended tcp with volume knob and fx. Added input fx when recarmed to tcp layouts with fx. Fixed some PNGs and alignments.

This on has the style of Tracktion. Traktion also did not have 3d Buttons and all that sh... noone needs.
If you would make the colours the same like Traktion had, I would never change the skin anymore.

Well, it is just a desire an old Tracktion fan has

Cheers
classic
classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 12:29 PM   #56
compasspnt

Can you not change the colours yourself?
compasspnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:50 AM   #57
Seventh

Many thanks to Gofer who managed to troubleshoot the problem with the mcp folder indicators!

Please enable the action "Mixer: Clickable icon for folder tracks to show/hide children" to get the mixer folder indicators to work. You can find it in the actions list.

The problem with missing pan knobs (which I'm unable to reproduce as of yet), is likely due to same kind of incompatibility with some well-hidden preference. I'll post an update when I manage to find it.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:24 PM   #58
gofer
-blänk-

Are the people who are missing pan knobs maybe using a Reaper older than 4.25? Knob stacks are pretty new to Reaper. Older versions can only use "mcp_pan_knob large" or "mcp_pan_knob_small". Maybe you should consider providing some "old style" pan knob images to fall back to.

If you want to prevent "those ugly folder images" to show up for users who like to have clickable icon disabled, provide an image "mcp_folder_on.png". That will replace the fallback image Reaper will use (the little yellow folder icon) if it doesn't find that image in the theme's folder with something to your liking.

One other thing I noticed: If the area of the mixer area which contains the faders gets small enough then the volume faders of tracks in folders can become lower than wide and therefore WALTER switches them to horizontal faders.
Reaper again falls back to it's inbuilt images (because you don't have horizontal faders in your theme) which - errm - don't gel too well with the rest of your fine theme :

Vertical faders probably won't make sense in this height anyway, so I'd probably just keep them from showing up.
Attached Images
File Type: png ReaLax-fader-seventh.png (9.3 KB, 1520 views)
gofer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:51 PM   #59
Seventh

Thanks again gofer for another couple of good catches. I'll fix these issues probably on sunday when I get back from vacation. I'll also add the layouts without the mcp folder indent as requested.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:29 AM   #60
jiff 41

Default REALAX

new boy here, i just LOVE this theme, & REAPER, i keep looking at different themes & D/L them to see how they look/feel for me & i think this one is a KEEPER!!!! this forum rocks as well, get more enjoyment reading this everyday than i do the news & that's for sure!

Last edited by jiff 41; 10-23-2012 at 03:32 AM. Reason: extra thoughts
jiff 41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:03 AM   #61
Seventh

Ok I finally got around to do some fixing. I added the layout without mcp folder indents. You can set Reaper to use it as default in View -> Screensets/Layouts -> Layouts -> set "Mixer panel" to "No indent". If you switch between screensets be sure to save this preference to those which have the mixer visible.

I couldn't figure out how to stop Walter from displaying the faders when the height is too small. I think I'd need to do something like this:

Code:
set volheight to h-low_marg

only display mcp.volume when volheight>~100 or something
but I have no idea how to do the math in Walter for the first part. Any tips? :P Couldn't find anything in the Walter guide.
Old 11-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #62
krahosk

Seventh, just dropping in to say that I'm a fan of your theme. I'm using it more and more. It blends well with windows 8 style. I like minimalist and 2D. It's easier on the brain. Keep it up!
krahosk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #63
nightscope

Thanks fer the tweaks, Seventh. Mucho appreciato.

ns
Old 11-12-2012, 05:52 PM   #64
vStyler

Nice Job buddy..

My Rado - VOX theme - http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=91884
vStyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:20 PM   #65
krahosk

What would be really neat is the following:

stacked buttons with different colors for volume, pan and width. Plus i/O button.

And... all squeezed for laptop users.

Your theme is fantastic for hours upon hours of use.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #66
hwhalen

Quote:

I couldn't figure out how to stop Walter from displaying the faders when the height is too small. I think I'd need to do something like this:

Code:
set volheight to h-low_marg

only display mcp.volume when volheight>~100 or something
but I have no idea how to do the math in Walter for the first part. Any tips? :P Couldn't find anything in the Walter guide.
set mcp.volume h>100 [10 10 50 10] [0]

This says if the mcp height is >100 draw it using these settings or if its <100 don't draw it [0].

It kinda does both things with one line.

Good luck.
hwhalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #67
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

Quote:
I have no idea how to do the math in Walter for the first part. Any tips? :P Couldn't find anything in the Walter guide.
set mcp.volume volheight{0}<100 [0]

...or something of that. Or is your question about how to set up a comparative variable so you can check against the post-stretchy height of the volume fader? Because that will be specific to your theme; height of the panel minus (height of some stuff plus height of some other stuff).
Old 11-13-2012, 02:42 AM   #68
BobM

Quote:
Originally Posted by classic View Post
This on has the style of Tracktion. Traktion also did not have 3d Buttons and all that sh... noone needs.
If you would make the colours the same like Traktion had, I would never change the skin anymore.

Well, it is just a desire an old Tracktion fan has

Cheers
classic
Tracktion. Loved it…

Bob M.
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #69
Seventh

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
Or is your question about how to set up a comparative variable so you can check against the post-stretchy height of the volume fader? Because that will be specific to your theme; height of the panel minus (height of some stuff plus height of some other stuff).
Yes, I need to know the height minus the low margin caused by the mcp folder indents.

This is how the low_marg varibale for the indents is defined:

set low_marg * folderdepth [0 -15]

so I need a variable with h-low_marg but I don't know how to define the variable "h-low_marg". set volheight - h low_marg? Doesn't seem to work. And can't find anything about it in the walter guide.

After I get that right, this should work:

set mcp.volume + [0 14 0 low_marg{y}] volheight>100 [0 111 38 139 0 0 0 1] [0]

right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krahosk View Post
What would be really neat is the following:

stacked buttons with different colors for volume, pan and width. Plus i/O button.

And... all squeezed for laptop users.

Your theme is fantastic for hours upon hours of use.
I think this can be arranged in the near future.

I also need to add some rules for horizontal squeezing of the TCP I guess.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:13 AM   #70
White Tie
Pixel Pusher

I'm assuming this low_marg is the same as I had it in Voodoo. Well, if you look 2 lines down you'll see how the two tie together:
Code:
set low_marg * folderdepth [0 -12]
set h_der + h * maxfolderdepth [-12] ; derived height after folder indent doodahs
They don't address each other, they just count 12px in different directions. I did this so I could swap between using maxfolderdepth (so all the tracks line up) and normal folderdepth (per-track indenty-ness.) So; you can plumb in h_der{0}>blah to do what you're after, I believe.

You can't minus things like that, just by swapping '+' for '-', WALTER doesn't support it, which is why its not in the guide Either multiply one of the operands by -1, or use the complex combinators:

For [fish] - [chips]
Code:
+:1:-1 [fish] [chips]
I don't cover the complex combinators in the guide, but they are in the sdk.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #71
Seventh

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Tie View Post
So; you can plumb in h_der{0}>blah to do what you're after, I believe.
Oh that's right! I used the code bits from Voodoo but I removed the h_der line because I thought it was unneccessary, and totally forgot about it. Thanks!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #72
J.Biz Quiz

Default Elegance and Simplicity!!!

Whats good Seventh?? Thanks to your theme, I have deleted all other themes and defaulted yours as my GO TO theme! It's oh so easy on the eyes and I feel at home when mixing in it. Not that I have anything against the console emu's and the Imperial themes, its just nice to have a contrast. Of course there are a few things already pointed out that need improvement, but your theme is from now on the only one I am checking updates for...Thanks!!
J.Biz Quiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #73
benes

Yeah I'm agree : this theme is wonderfull
I have any problems with your FX icon wich indicates the input FX (why? in the default theme it was perfect), and I can not bypass the fx chain by clicking on the fx icon like on the default theme. And it is annoying to select all the track for displaying the extended tcp. It could be automatic.
I have just tested your theme since any minutes. No doubt I will notice a lot of things in the future, but I want to say again : this theme is wondefull!!
benes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 06:07 PM   #74
benes

Oh, and where is the i/o button?
You said that you want to keep the TCP epured, then you can cumul more than one icon at the same place, like you did it for the loop button with is on the play button.
And your Vu meter indicates red when the volume don't sature. Maybe it can be only yellow (or orange) but the red shoud be only for saturation.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:34 PM   #75
krahosk

Quote:
Originally Posted by benes View Post
You said that you want to keep the TCP epured, then you can cumul more than one icon at the same place, like you did it for the loop button with is on the play button.
And your Vu meter indicates red when the volume don't sature. Maybe it can be only yellow (or orange) but the red shoud be only for saturation.
Maybe put the monitor button inside the record button.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:02 AM   #76
Seventh

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Biz Quiz View Post
Whats good Seventh?? Thanks to your theme, I have deleted all other themes and defaulted yours as my GO TO theme! It's oh so easy on the eyes and I feel at home when mixing in it. Not that I have anything against the console emu's and the Imperial themes, its just nice to have a contrast. Of course there are a few things already pointed out that need improvement, but your theme is from now on the only one I am checking updates for...Thanks!!
Glad you like it!

Quote:
Yeah I'm agree : this theme is wonderfull
I have any problems with your FX icon wich indicates the input FX (why? in the default theme it was perfect), and I can not bypass the fx chain by clicking on the fx icon like on the default theme. And it is annoying to select all the track for displaying the extended tcp. It could be automatic.
I have just tested your theme since any minutes. No doubt I will notice a lot of things in the future, but I want to say again : this theme is wondefull!!
The FX button turns into the input FX button when the track is record armed. You can bypass the FX by clicking on the border of the FX button.

You can set the extended tcp layout as the default in
View->Screensets/layouts->Layouts->Set "Track panel" as "Extended Tcp"

(if you're using multiple screensets you'll need to save this into them too, otherwise ignore)

Quote:
I can try and see if I can fit an IO button in the TCP when I make more layouts.

You're right the "hot" color might be a little bit too red. It was supposed to be orange. =)
Old 11-23-2012, 03:12 PM   #77
benes

I have used your theme and even if I still loving it, I think you can improve some things. The mixer is not yet satisfying. The idea to represent the track folder "up" (sorry, I don't speak english very well) is good because we see clearly the file structure of the tracks, but it is a shame that the VU meter are increasingly small, and above all : the faders are not aligned even if the volumes are the same.
And the other windows (like the performance window for example) are not designed in the same way. I suppose it's a problem about Windows.
Old 11-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #78
proto

love this! I cant get the master fader to work. it shows level and everything, but I cant raise or lower the gain on it because there's nothing to grab {no slider on master track}

- the other faders on the regular tracks are aok.

proto
proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:33 PM   #79
Seventh

Quote:
it is a shame that the VU meter are increasingly small, and above all : the faders are not aligned even if the volumes are the same.
Unfortunately this is something that can't be done at the moment as far as I know. If the offset bothers you, you could use the layout which doesn't have the indents below the channel strips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by proto View Post
I cant raise or lower the gain on it because there's nothing to grab {no slider on master track}
That's by design, I never use the master fader myself. I might make a layout though.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #80
benes

I joining on the demand to have a master fader! Please!

In the track view, perhaps you could better organize the buttons on the track panel : I use the extended layout. Although your solution for displaying the monitoring is interesting, (but a little bit abstract), why did you let the button below it for the record monitoring ? Maybe it could be selected on this "red" button, wich displays the monitoring mode.
At this place you could insert the IO icon. By the way I think your idea for displaying the inputs and outputs by the colour of the I or the O is great!
The button for the automations is large. Maybe you could shorten it and place a pan button ?

And if the FX button on track panel (in the track view) could be like the fx button on the mixer view, I mean, with the border, it would be great!

Last edited by benes; 12-09-2012 at 07:52 AM.