Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Pre-Release Discussion

Old 01-24-2021, 12:11 PM   #81
svijayrathinam
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
svijayrathinam

That's an interesting idea regarding the multi mono plugins.

And although some plugins already have this in built (melda production for instance) and reaper has some ways of doing this with plugin linking or certain scripts.

A way to do this natively would be amazing. It seems like it might be difficult to do though.

Perhaps a special reaper plugin that is a container and that can "act" like this?
Any other solution than what we have currently will be very very useful 😀
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 12:31 PM   #82
svijayrathinam

Default BUG

The lock button in Reasurround turns off as soon as the plugin window is closed. The Lock button is a great idea especially if we work with the embedded UI. It will allow the user to lock certain Reaper surround panners so that its not accidentally moved while clicking and selecting the tracks. So ideally if its locked in the plugin window it shouldn't allow any movements from the embedded UI until its unlocked.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:39 PM   #83
svijayrathinam

Default Feature Request

It will be very useful to have Numerical values on all the sliders. Also A text box where we can dial in the numbers.

1. Input Gain/Lfe/Diffusion Sliders
2. Center % And Side % Sliders
3. Speaker Outputs Sliders

Also a Link Button to quickly group all or some of the sliders.

thank you very very very much !
Old 01-24-2021, 01:07 PM   #84
Joystick

Quote:
Just realised that if we did get a filter too that it could work the same way with an "F" button too that would mean we could invert the filter too so opening up the filter on input one would close the filter on input 2 allowing us to do another great form of psycho-acoustic panning (as suggested by Joystick).
That's an excellent idea Musicbynumbers! Inter-aural frequency difference. That together with your clever use of Haas (inter-aural time difference) and with simple gain inter-aural intensity difference, it provides the facilities for very clever panning. Those are very important those days that with mobile/headphones/VR listening, most of the surround content is consumed with binaural renders.

Very exciting stuff! :-D
Joystick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 01:20 PM   #85
musicbynumbers

Schwa

Can we have a 7.1.4 ITU preset please too as that's what I will be normally be testing with (I'll use the square one for now though).

The 7.1.4 action use to load up a track with it in ITU mode but now it loads up the cinema style square one instead.

Thanks! (oh and thanks for keeping the old reasurround too)!

Also few bugs.

-The mono input 7.1.4 action still seems to load up two inputs. (might be like that for others too)

-The new reasurround (via the action) seems to load up in stereo mode and not set the amount of channels correctly so reasurround2 ends up with only 2 ins and outs. ignore this - I had to press play once for it to change sorry!

Thanks.

Last edited by musicbynumbers; 01-24-2021 at 01:26 PM.
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 01:21 PM   #86
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joystick View Post
That's an excellent idea Musicbynumbers! Inter-aural frequency difference. That together with your clever use of Haas (inter-aural time difference) and with simple gain inter-aural intensity difference, it provides the facilities for very clever panning. Those are very important those days that with mobile/headphones/VR listening, most of the surround content is consumed with binaural renders.

Very exciting stuff! :-D
If Schwa can pull this off then I consider it a "game changer" for sure!
Old 01-24-2021, 01:39 PM   #87
Gass n Klang

THANKS for improving reasurround (2)! Why isn't there a circular panning field when I set 5.1 ITU. In other words: Why should I place a source behind a speaker? I find that very confusing.

We don't have a "divergence" control, do we? Yes, we have the "diffusion" but as far as I know it's not the same. How to do let's say an automation from stereo LR to center panning? Afaik with divergence you just can lower the value from full divergence to no divergence. With reasurround 2 we have to use the center and the difffusion to make that possible. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not an expert at surround stuff.

Last edited by Gass n Klang; 01-24-2021 at 01:47 PM.
Gass n Klang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 01:44 PM   #88
Joystick

Quote:
Originally Posted by svijayrathinam View Post
The protools way could be a possible solution.
Quote:
svijayrathinamA way to do this natively would be amazing. It seems like it might be difficult to do though. Perhaps a special reaper plugin that is a container and that can "act" like this?
I think that this is something that the plugin framework supports, like something that AAX or VST should implement.

In order for that to work as discrete channel processing for any number of channels within a track, then the framework should be able to do three things:

1) Open different instances of mono versions of a plugin in the background. Each instance processing one channel of the track. As many instances as the channel count in the track should be instantiated.

2) Link one instance controls with the controls of the rest of the instances, for ease of control and of course for proper mixing with formats that all channels should have exactly the same processing done. Like ambisonics for example.

3) A selector in the utility section of the plugin shell (window) that allows the user to select which instance of the plugin they see each time.

In the latest versions of the MeldaProduction plugins you can do that up to 64 channels (even the free plugins) and this is very cool! (I love MeldaProduction). But still one must be cautious because in some workflows (like ambisonics) all plugin instances should listen to one track (i.e. W of AmbiX) for a compressor to work correctly without messing up your soundfield imaging and signal phases.

In Reaper you can already do that using the in-out plugin pins editor.

Here's the trick you're searching:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AoFZ1MP3ewRggedT...Rp_vw?e=A0XDuA

Save that as a track template, or even better create and save an FXChain for each of the plugins you want to use in multi-mono mode, say "My FabFilter Multi-Mono", featuring 64 channels of FabFilter plugins linked as I show on my video, and then insert the FXChain in any track you like, deleting the excess channels (plugin instances) that you don't need. You will do it one time and then use it always easily.
Old 01-24-2021, 01:57 PM   #89
svijayrathinam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joystick View Post
I think that this is something that the plugin framework supports, like something that AAX or VST should implement.

In order for that to work as discrete channel processing for any number of channels within a track, then the framework should be able to do three things:

1) Open different instances of mono versions of a plugin in the background. Each instance processing one channel of the track. As many instances as the channel count in the track should be instantiated.

2) Link one instance controls with the controls of the rest of the instances, for ease of control and of course for proper mixing with formats that all channels should have exactly the same processing done. Like ambisonics for example.

3) A selector in the utility section of the plugin shell (window) that allows the user to select which instance of the plugin they see each time.

In the latest versions of the MeldaProduction plugins you can do that up to 64 channels (even the free plugins) and this is very cool! (I love MeldaProduction). But still one must be cautious because in some workflows (like ambisonics) all plugin instances should listen to one track (i.e. W of AmbiX) for a compressor to work correctly without messing up your soundfield imaging and signal phases.

In Reaper you can already do that using the in-out plugin pins editor.

Here's the trick you're searching:

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AoFZ1MP3ewRggedT...Rp_vw?e=A0XDuA

Save that as a track template, or even better create and save an FXChain for each of the plugins you want to use in multi-mono mode, say "My FabFilter Multi-Mono", featuring 64 channels of FabFilter plugins linked as I show on my video, and then insert the FXChain in any track you like, deleting the excess channels (plugin instances) that you don't need. You will do it one time and then use it always easily.

Thank you. This is how I do it currently. It’s really a pain. That’s why I posted this request to see if the devs can come up with a better solution.
Old 01-24-2021, 02:02 PM   #90
Joystick

Quote:
Thank you. This is how I do it currently. It’s really a pain. That’s why I posted this request to see if the devs can come up with a better solution.
My pleasure.

Yes, this workflow is painful, and doesn't work for plugins that change things internally, like changing filter types which change plugin properties on the fly.

I think this is something that Steinberg should support in their VST framework though. Maybe they do. Any plugin developers here to pitch in?

Maybe it can be done by Reaper and that would be awesome! I agree. Or some kind of plugin shell that does the tricks needed for that to support all types of plugin mechanics.

Nice idea Vijay! :-)
Old 01-24-2021, 02:04 PM   #91
musicbynumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
THANKS for improving reasurround (2)! Why isn't there a circular panning field when I set 5.1 ITU. In other words: Why should I place a source behind a speaker? I find that very confusing.
I wouldn't mind an option to not allow objects to move outside of the circle yes. There are probably reasons to allow it to move outside though. Probably mainly due to not wanting to have to change the values of automation each time the limit is changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gass n Klang View Post
We don't have a "divergence" control, do we? Yes, we have the "diffusion" but as far as I know it's not the same. How to do let's say an automation from stereo LR to center panning? Afaik with divergence you just can lower the value from full divergence to no divergence. With reasurround 2 we have to use the center and the difffusion to make that possible. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm not an expert at surround stuff.
We have the ability to send additional level to just the center but also the diffusion control should do what you say if you place the input object on the center speaker and then lower diffusion. (although I might have misunderstood you)?
Old 01-24-2021, 02:06 PM   #92
musicbynumbers

There's probably already a free plugin that can duplicate mono plugins and I'm sure I've come across it in the past where you can load up a single channel version into it and then choose how many ins and outs it has.

I'll have a search when I've got time.
Old 01-24-2021, 02:15 PM   #93
musicbynumbers

Schwa

If it's not a pain in the ass - could we have an "edit selected inputs" modifier for "rotate Z" so that we can rotate on the Z plane as well?

Not a biggy for now as we can automate it with a bit of fiddling but I'm sure it might get asked for at some point in the future anyway

Last edited by musicbynumbers; 01-24-2021 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-24-2021, 02:23 PM   #94
musicbynumbers

v6.21+dev0124 - January 24 2021

So far everything I've test in the list works great thanks (apart from the bug I found above).

I did come across the same bug mentioned earlier where buy touch automating by holding alt to do just the Z axis will also add automation to the X and Y too. Hope it's possible to not have that happen as it might overwrite wanted automation.

Thanks!
Old 01-24-2021, 02:38 PM   #95
sonictim

Quote:
+1 When it comes to surround, reaper can already do most things... the issue of course being, that you have to tinker and spend time doing it (ie setting/double checking your pins each and every time you add a plugin to a multichannel track) and that takes you away from doing the creative work.

That said, one step at a time! We should focus on getting the panner up and running well in the most basic sense, and then when it's in a good place, we can start focusing on how it affects surround workflows in general in regards to things like plugins/etc.... Too many outside requests in regards to surround sound work in general I fear will only get lost at the moment
Old 01-24-2021, 03:29 PM   #96
RobinGShore

WOW!!! ReaSurround 2 is looking great! Some thought/questions/requestst:

What are the x,y,and z buttons next to each input supposed to do? I though maybe these would lock the movement of that puck along a particular axis, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Can the UI be scalable? It's taking up more screen real estate than I'd prefer. Rearranging some of the controls in a more compact way could also help this.

Can we get bigger/more forgiving hit boxes in the embedded ui. I'd prefer to keep the embedded ui pretty small, but I'm finding this makes it difficulty to grab the puck consistently, and especially difficult to double click the speaker icons. The Speaker icons shrink down to barely visible dots when you shrink the embedded ui.

I would love some way to link the edit knobs (Left/Right, Rear/Front, Rotate etc.) to a hardware controller. I understand this could be tricky since these are relative controls and not automatable parameters

Would be nice to be able to mute/solo a particular output by using a modifier click on the speaker icons.

I'd like to have a 3 channel preset for LCR. It's easy enough to make this on our own with the user setup option, but I'd prefer if it was there already.

As a few other people have mentioned, it would be good if eventually ReaSurround could work as an additional pan mode, instead of an fx insert. For me the big advantage of this is that it would make it much easier to copy normal stereo pan automation over to surround tracks. Right now if I want to copy a tracks pan automation into an instance of ReaSurround, I have to first select the pan envelope, copy the portion I want, then select the X axis envelope in Reasurround and paste the automation. If a Reasurround worked as an additional pan mode I would (in theory) not have to worry about selecting envelopes as the stereo pan envelope and x axis envelope would be the same thing, and I could just move things between tracks and have it would automatically land on the right envelope. This would make it much easier to begin a project in stereo and later finish in surround, or to have an editor working in stereo pass off their work to be mixed in surround.

In the meantime since ReaSurround is an insert fx, an option to pin it to the end of the fx chain would be helpful, so that when new fx are added they don't end up after ReaSurround in the chain.
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 04:26 PM   #97
musicbynumbers

The XYZ buttons reverse the movement when you've linked 2 or more together - it's very cool and works with the modifier dials too

I'm hoping for scalable UI too at some point but for me it's too make it bigger (well the room diagram bit anyway)

Would also love a modifier to solo a pan as I move it. We do have solo and mutes for all aspects in the fader area but still. Good for working fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinGShore View Post
I would love some way to link the edit knobs (Left/Right, Rear/Front, Rotate etc.) to a hardware controller. I understand this could be tricky since these are relative controls and not automatable parameters
This would be so useful! I'm fine if they are just relative controls.
Old 01-24-2021, 04:58 PM   #98
sonictim

Default ReaSurround2

Yes!! Loving these updates! Especially:
[*]+ ReaSurround: alt/opt modifier edits height in overhead views
[*]+ ReaSurround: double-clicking a speaker moves selected channels to that speaker
[*]+ ReaSurround: double-clicking an input moves it to the front center speaker if there is one, otherwise to the center of the room

Seriously, THANK YOU for the double click movement to speaker. I really love the movement to the center by double clicking the puck.

That said, it would be great if this also worked in the TCP UI Embed as well....

I have a few issues with:
[*]# ReaSurround2: add actions to insert surround tracks in various configurations with mono input

To begin with, I think the default settings are not correct. For me, the defaults should be 100% up front. That way when we start with a sound, it will begin in the normal expected room position, and we can control when we want to bring it out into the room/surrounds.

So, I tried to change the defaults for me, and that's when I started to run into unexpected behavior. ReaSurround2 does not allow you to set a Mono Default and a Stereo Default, there is only one default. So if you try to "save preset as default" and it is a mono setting, then when you run the normal action (not the mono action), it will create a mono ReaSurround instance. However, if you set the Stereo version, it will create a mono instance when you run the appropriate action, but the mono instance is not set the way I'd like it (100% front center). So I'd love it if there was a way to set both independently of each other since they are independent actions

However, the presence of these actions also leave me with the following questions. What is the intended workflow for Mono files? Would it be to have dedicated Mono Tracks and Dedicated Stere/surround Tracks? Or is this just the first step toward an implementation where you could have both happily existing on the same track? I'm used to working with dedicated tracks in ProTools, but I just don't really see it as in line with the Reaper philosophy. One of the big draws is being able to put anything next to each other on the same track!

ALSO, grain of salt type suggestion:
Instead of ReaSurround2, why not call this ReaPanner as this is intended to be a Panning tool? Also, it will be less confusing in the update logs as often ReaSurround2 features were listed as ReaSurround Features
Old 01-24-2021, 05:54 PM   #99
RobinGShore

Quote:
The XYZ buttons reverse the movement when you've linked 2 or more together - it's very cool and works with the modifier dials too
Ah, I get it now. That is cool, and very useful. I'd still like a way to constrain a pucks movement to single axis, though ideally with mouse modifiers when dragging.
Quote:
This would be so useful! I'm fine if they are just relative controls.
Yeah, I actually think relative controls that don't automate makes a lot of sense for these, the point I was making is that Reaper only lets you assign automation parameters to hardware, so I don't know how it would be able to work with these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonictim View Post
THANK YOU for the double click movement to speaker. I really love the movement to the center by double clicking the puck.

That said, it would be great if this also worked in the TCP UI Embed as well....
It does work in the embedded UI, it's just really hard to hit the speaker icons consistently if the TCP is scaled down to small (see my previous post)
Quote:
What is the intended workflow for Mono files? Would it be to have dedicated Mono Tracks and Dedicated Stere/surround Tracks? Or is this just the first step toward an implementation where you could have both happily existing on the same track? I'm used to working with dedicated tracks in ProTools, but I just don't really see it as in line with the Reaper philosophy. One of the big draws is being able to put anything next to each other on the same track!
I agree, I'd rather not use the Pro Tools paradigm of fixed channel count tracks, so mono input instances of ReaSurround don't seem too appealing. What's working well for me so far instead, is to add a bunch of inputs to ReaSurround and automate the input mutes so that I only see pucks I need at any particular moment (the pucks disappear when muted). It'd be even better though if we could just automate the actual number of input channels instead of the mutes
Quote:
Instead of ReaSurround2, why not call this ReaPanner as this is intended to be a Panning tool? Also, it will be less confusing in the update logs as often ReaSurround2 features were listed as ReaSurround Features
+1 for ReaPanner!!!
RobinGShore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:07 PM   #100
musicbynumbers

I love that reasurround can be used as either one per track or sending loads of mono and stereo tracks to a bus with reasurround on it instead. I often use both in the same project.

As for mono tracks. I need to check again but if there's only one input in reasurround, I think both left and right (input 1 and 2) are summed together. If not, that might be the easy solution
Old 01-24-2021, 07:21 PM   #101
sonictim

Quote:
As for mono tracks. I need to check again but if there's only one input in reasurround, I think both left and right (input 1 and 2) are summed together. If not, that might be the easy solution
Not exactly the same solution as a panner that supports both multichannel and mono. By the same token, you could highlight all your items on a track and run action "Item properties: Set take channel mode to mono (downmix)". Either way, you'd be losing any sense of width/depth captured in the original recording and possibly introduce phasing issues.

Also this solution would be continuing along the vein of forcing reaper to have dedicated mono, or multichannel tracks.... which again, isn't bad per se... it's not what I think the reaper ethos is about
Old 01-25-2021, 01:32 AM   #102
musicbynumbers

What I meant was that reaper basically treats stereo as mono if reasurround only has one input.

I think I've got wires crossed anyway on what you guys were talking about so ignore me if so lol
Old 01-25-2021, 02:45 AM   #103
jm duchenne

Thanks for the separate versions !

Bug: when choosing more than 16 outputs, the drop down selection menu doesn't make the list view change until I hide the window and show it again. The same for each view range change.
The channels list above 16 show only black (Windows 7):
jm duchenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 07:29 AM   #104
airon

Quote:
Ah, I get it now. That is cool, and very useful. I'd still like a way to constrain a pucks movement to single axis, though ideally with mouse modifiers when dragging.

Yeah, I actually think relative controls that don't automate makes a lot of sense for these, the point I was making is that Reaper only lets you assign automation parameters to hardware, so I don't know how it would be able to work with these.
Here's an idea.

MACRO controls on a per-track basis. Fun loving stuff with presets for every plugin. Have up to 99 macro controls on your tracks today. One hardware/action/csurf/osc-bindable control resource doing fun stuff to an arbitrary list of parameters with funny equations and value borders. Let's start with this panner!

Oh alright, I'll creep back in to my shadowy hole and continue mixing.
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 09:01 AM   #105
svijayrathinam

I would love to have a down mixer plugin. Rea downmixer . It should help us for fold downs . Basically it should have a 64 channel mixer that can be routed to any channels and set different volumes and invert phase if required. All parameters automatable Ofcourse
Old 01-25-2021, 10:44 AM   #106
Nick Morris

is influence = divergence parameter? I'm a little lost on how to handle divergence with Reasurround.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:58 AM   #107
schwa
Administrator

Diffusion is more like what most panners call divergence, so we should probably rename it to that.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 12:18 PM   #108
sonictim

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
Diffusion is more like what most panners call divergence, so we should probably rename it to that.
+1 to this
Old 01-25-2021, 12:24 PM   #109
Gass n Klang

Quote:
perfect, thanks! Is there a reason for being able to push the source over the circular border in 5.1 ITU? If not, I'd really appreciate having a circular border.

Last edited by Gass n Klang; 01-25-2021 at 12:38 PM.
Gass n Klang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 01:21 PM   #110
sonictim

Quote:

It does work in the embedded UI, it's just really hard to hit the speaker icons consistently if the TCP is scaled down to small (see my previous post)
Aha! Yes, I have it working now that I've made it larger...
Old 01-25-2021, 04:58 PM   #111
musicbynumbers

Default v6.21+dev0125 - January 25 2021

# ReaSurround2: more consistent speaker positioning and naming

Thanks for re-adding the 7.1.4 ITU setup

Was just wondering if the 4 top speakers have been pushed out on purpose? Maybe to make the whole thing clearer?

The actual ITU setup has the 4 atmos speakers in a bit like the below diagram.

I think the main reason for doing this is not only that sounds are meant to be able to come out directly above you or at a slight angle but when panning from say side left to side right. You can also use the tops at the same time to get a much greater sense of the sound passing "through" you.

With the speakers on the sides like that. This effect won't work.

Interested to hear the reasoning behind it and also what others think?

Last edited by musicbynumbers; 01-25-2021 at 05:05 PM.
Old 01-25-2021, 05:18 PM   #112
musicbynumbers

Will test the other changes in the morning but thanks for pushing with all of this! It's a massive thing and is only going to get bigger as more stuff is done in these formats!
Old 01-25-2021, 07:12 PM   #113
AZpercussion

Oh!! So cool! It looks quite powerful.
Thanks for circle ITU preset!!
I like to use both schemes in the one project. And I agree with musicbynumbers, that it's comfortable to see real speaker placement.
But there is some to improve.

1) Bleeding and non-smooth panning.
Speakers have same influence in box and ITU mode currently, that's wrong.
Look the picture. I expect no bleed to center: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xkL...ew?usp=sharing
And here shouldn't be left side bleed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1L9s...ew?usp=sharing
Also when i start panning from center to rear, side speakers take signal slowly unlike the box surround mode.

2) Correct speakers placement in ITU.
Look at picture above.
For now there is 51*,103* and 153* from center, but it should be 30*, 110* and 150*, as ITU standard says.
Surrounds are close and variable, but fronts need to be less wider. (Even 22* for cinema can be used, because it is best visual angle)

3) Center % and Side % are strange functions. It works like an influence, but we already have it. So it gives strong bleed when puck placed right on speaker. Look: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-zj...ew?usp=sharing
I expect this functions are balance between phantom center and real center speaker, between fantom side and real side speaker.

By the way, there is Center trim in old Reasurround. May be it's still useful.

4) Diffusion (Divergence)
It would be great to link diffusion.

5) Pls, pls, pls!!! Reduce unuseble space in plugin window after finishing tests. It eats screen space.

6) Text fields to type values.
AZpercussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:41 AM   #114
Berg

thank you so much your guys for those Reasurround2 new developments !

Center % and Side % parameters could be revisited like what we usually find :
at 100% = only the center speaker has signal
at 50 % = we have equal power between the physical center and the phantom center
at 0 % = we only have phantom center

A way to give us digital values on the different faders would be nice and so helpful !
Berg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:43 AM   #115
jm duchenne

It is not essential, but it could help to set the Influences parameters to have some means to visualize the amplitude controls ?

http://mediasonie.free.fr/temp/2021-01-25 13-54-15.mp4
jm duchenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 12:58 PM   #116
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZpercussion View Post
Speakers have same influence in box and ITU mode currently, that's wrong.
Look the picture. I expect no bleed to center:
Hmm, I could use some reference points. In a 7.1 ITU setup, with the input against the edge of the circle at say +120 degrees from top dead center, you expect no output from the left side speaker? What about in a 5.1 ITU setup with the input in the same position? If the input moves slightly off the edge of the circle at that position, which speakers would you expect nonzero output from?
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 01:39 PM   #117
musicbynumbers

Schwa

I take back what I said about having the top speakers in their actual real place

For one, it all seems to still work as expected and two. I think they kind of are in their right place and it's the isometric"ish" view that makes it seem not that way.

So it's fine. I just hadn't had the chance to test it till now.

I also love the centre slider so we can basically remove the centre from for music use etc

And that when you click to jump to a certain speaker, it also changes the Z component too.. nice!

Going to keep playing with it now but keep up the amazing work! massive difference already and really hope you consider the delay and filter per input FRs as they are game changers!
Old 01-26-2021, 02:05 PM   #118
svijayrathinam

Default Feature Request

It will be very useful to have a link button at input gain/ LFE/ Divergence Sliders. it should be on by default. That way when we are working on a stereo track or a 5.1 track, we can increase divergence of all pan pucks in one go. If we need to have separate control of divergence then we can always unlink and change it. Also its very important to see the values of Input gain/Lfe/Divergence sliders, centre % and Side % Sliders and also the speaker output sliders Pls...

in 3D View it would be very very useful to see the colour of the screen in a different colour. Perhaps Brown. the problem is when I turn around the room I am not quite sure if i am panning towards the screen or away from the screen especially while working in atmos formats. the sides also have 3 speakers and front also have 3 speakers. Its quite difficult to see which way I am panning.

Solo, Mutes, X,Y,Z buttons can be slightly bigger and a bit more brighter. In dark mode they are barely visible.

When we are in the overhead view the Z axis pan should not be affected by mouse position. Holding option should only affect increase and decrease of height value and should not care about the mouse position. For instance lets say i am panning from rear to front going through the top channels, the moment i hold Option key to push the pan puck into height, the X and Y pan Posision gets locked. Ideally this can be solved by wedge mode from the dolby atmos panner. it will be very useful for fly over effects

Expand/Contract is commonly known as width in other DAWs. Perhaps this also need name changing like what you did with diffusion ?

Pls

Last edited by svijayrathinam; 01-26-2021 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:58 PM   #119
musicbynumbers

Loads of good ideas there!

Quote:
It will be very useful to have a link button at input gain/ LFE/ Divergence Sliders. it should be on by default. That way when we are working on a stereo track or a 5.1 track, we can increase divergence of all pan pucks in one go. If we need to have separate control of divergence then we can always unlink and change it. Also its very important to see the values of Input gain/Lfe/Divergence sliders, centre % and Side % Sliders and also the speaker output sliders Pls...
If you right click and drag over a few pucks any changes you make to say divergence seems to happen to all of them

I'm not sure about having a link button just for those 3 controls if they are not also linked in spacial movements too when they can be changed all at once if they are selected.

This would maybe complicate the plugin even more (especially if we also get filter and delay line per puck too)

You have any scenarios in mind that this would be good for? Quite curious myself.
Old 01-26-2021, 04:01 PM   #120
AZpercussion

Quote:
Hmm, I could use some reference points. In a 7.1 ITU setup, with the input against the edge of the circle at say +120 degrees from top dead center, you expect no output from the left side speaker? What about in a 5.1 ITU setup with the input in the same position? If the input moves slightly off the edge of the circle at that position, which speakers would you expect nonzero output from?
As in box scene, i expect signal from two closest speakers, if puck place right on scene border between speakers. But in ITU mode we have circle scene. It is basic principle, no matter 5.1 or 7.1
I hope, that explained clear, sorry for my English.

Quote:
This would maybe complicate the plugin even more (especially if we also get filter and delay line per puck too)
I see no complicate to add link buttons for diffusion and other may be.
And eah! i thought about this too and made fx chain recently! There are a lot of linked parameters with reasurround, readelay and eq. Readelay works pretty smooth, when moving. But my chain works only with mono or with linked stereo. Of course, would be better to have native function with effect amount sliders for eq and delay.
May be, I'll make a thread about this fx chain.
AZpercussion is offline   Reply With Quote